FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Passport office

Passport office

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ikeC81 OP   Man  over a year ago

harrow

The passport office is a joke. My dad wanted to get a new passport because his had expired and he wanted to go abroad next year with mum as they have been married 40 years.

Sent old passport in, with copy of birth certificate and signed photos. Jesus it has been sent back twice because they decided to do a check on the person signing who is actually my dad’s boss. He was away on holiday so it missed the cutoff. Then sent back because aparantley having an old non electronic passport is not having an old passport

What pisses me off is dad sent his birth certificate and passport in - I don’t get what the issue is. He was born in London, his mother is English’s and was born here. No father on birth certificate so not an issue

Never met such a disorganised government department.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Gosh that sounds like a total nightmare ..

Hope your dad gets it sorted..

When i renewed mine and applied for a totally new one for my son they both came back 5 days after i posted them off

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Bleedin foreigners

By *uryWhipMan  over a year ago

Harringay

Sounds like you got fed some BS there, that is a joke. Since when was a non electronic passport not considered a passport? Thats ridiculous. I got mine replaced last year and that expired 6 years before.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think its good that passport renewals are checked thoroughly. I think sending your dad's passport application back a second time because the old passport wasn't an electronic one sounds odd and unnecessary. If everything else was in order why didn't they just issue a new passport or does that require different paperwork?

We renewed ours on line and it was really quick and easy but your dad's experience sounds very different.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I recently did the fast track one day renewal, where you go in to the offices. Bit of shopping between appointment one and pick up and new passport - I was really impressed!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I always pay the bit extra and get the Post Office to sort it for me. Can’t be bothered with all that malarkey.

Nothing so frustrating as butting heads with big departments like the Passport office.

» Add a new message to this topic