By *alking Disaster OP   Woman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

WEEK FORTY-NINE!!!

MOTTO: We run #LikeAToddlerChasingAPug

Hey lovely Fab Crap Runners!

It's Week Forty-Nine!!!

How is everyone doing?

EXPLANATION AND ETHOS:

EVERYONE is welcome in the Fab Crap Runners' Club (the crapper the better).

From 1st January, a bunch of Fabbers began improving their fitness through running. None of them were natural athletes but they did it anyway.

FOR COMPLETE BEGINNERS:

"Couch to 5k" (C25K) is a nine-week running programme for absolute beginners, available on various free phone apps (Mrs T (not me!) used Get Running). But you can join this thread to get fit by any means including walking and cycling - all are welcome. If you're expecting to be utterly crap at it (I mean reeeeeeeeeally bad), you're in the right place. Join the thread, tell us what your aim is and we'll cheer you on each week, just for trying.

FOR MORE EXPERIENCED RUNNERS:

Tell us what you’re up to with your running, your training and your races. Let’s us know your highs and lows. Please cheer on the newbies and give advice if they ask.

FCRC SOCIAL PARKRUN

WD is doing a doodle poll to find out where everyone can get to with ease before organising the next social.

https://doodle.com/poll/77nghmke7uwunrwy

Again, it's completely anonymous and you can vote for as many options as you would like.

Hopefully the regions are self-explanatory (Sorry if you think your county should be in a different region!)

AND FINALLY:

Who is working towards a specific goal? Tell us your progress

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

First run tonight with my new watch, I swear it made me more fleet footed!!

South Oxfordshire

"First run tonight with my new watch, I swear it made me more fleet footed!! "

New tech/kit always does!

"First run tonight with my new watch, I swear it made me more fleet footed!!

New tech/kit always does! "

If only I could afford to buy something new every week for the next 5 months!

By *uit and bootsMan  over a year ago

Manchester

If only I could afford to buy something new every week for the next 5 months!"

I do hope Santa took notice of me looking at new Apple Watches today. I’ve been a good boy, honest!

South Oxfordshire

I do hope Santa took notice of me looking at new Apple Watches today. I’ve been a good boy, honest! "

I'm hoping Santa buys me a new pair of road trainers and some trail ones.

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere down south

I do hope Santa took notice of me looking at new Apple Watches today. I’ve been a good boy, honest!

I'm hoping Santa buys me a new pair of road trainers and some trail ones."

But have you been a good girl this year?

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Good evening folks, I'm sorry to say that I've completely lost my running mojo. If any of you find it out there could you pop it over to me?

"Good evening folks, I'm sorry to say that I've completely lost my running mojo. If any of you find it out there could you pop it over to me? "

If you haven't already, how about entering a spring race, whatever distance that will challenge you, but is achievable with a bit of commitment and hard work?

South Oxfordshire

I'm hoping Santa buys me a new pair of road trainers and some trail ones.

But have you been a good girl this year? "

That's why I'm going to be buying them for myself!

South Oxfordshire

"Good evening folks, I'm sorry to say that I've completely lost my running mojo. If any of you find it out there could you pop it over to me? "

What's one of them? Mine disappeared ages ago!

Oooops I think I picked someone's up but it's a bit droopy pmsl

Post marathon comedown? You need a new target

Entered Manchester marathon today, this is what happens when I have a quiet day at work!

Been unable to run for weeks due to illness. Was able to play football Sundays and keep up karate training but needed the revovery time between for my muscles and joints.

Finally got back out Saturday. Only did 5k and it was slow even by my standards but I felt so much better for it after.

Looking forward to trying for a midweek run this week

South Oxfordshire

"Entered Manchester marathon today, this is what happens when I have a quiet day at work!"

I find out on Thursday if I've got our club place for London. If not, I'll be considering my options...

South Oxfordshire

"Been unable to run for weeks due to illness. Was able to play football Sundays and keep up karate training but needed the revovery time between for my muscles and joints.

Finally got back out Saturday. Only did 5k and it was slow even by my standards but I felt so much better for it after.

Looking forward to trying for a midweek run this week "

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Any aches and pains afterwards?

"Entered Manchester marathon today, this is what happens when I have a quiet day at work!

I find out on Thursday if I've got our club place for London. If not, I'll be considering my options..."

My first choice was Newport but we've found a cider drinking half in Somerset that weekend and my girlfriend really wants to do it so that ruled me out of that one and I;d left it too late to get in Brighton. It;s annoying that Milton Keynes, Southampton and Newport are all the same weekend which rules out a load of spring options for me

South Oxfordshire

"Entered Manchester marathon today, this is what happens when I have a quiet day at work!

I find out on Thursday if I've got our club place for London. If not, I'll be considering my options...

My first choice was Newport but we've found a cider drinking half in Somerset that weekend and my girlfriend really wants to do it so that ruled me out of that one and I;d left it too late to get in Brighton. It;s annoying that Milton Keynes, Southampton and Newport are all the same weekend which rules out a load of spring options for me"

I've heard mixed reviews for Milton Keynes - not the best organised with little to no shade.

"Been unable to run for weeks due to illness. Was able to play football Sundays and keep up karate training but needed the revovery time between for my muscles and joints.

Any aches and pains afterwards?"

Not too bad next day as took it easy, but felt knackered that night.

My first choice was Newport but we've found a cider drinking half in Somerset that weekend and my girlfriend really wants to do it so that ruled me out of that one and I;d left it too late to get in Brighton. It;s annoying that Milton Keynes, Southampton and Newport are all the same weekend which rules out a load of spring options for me

I've heard mixed reviews for Milton Keynes - not the best organised with little to no shade."

I did the half a few years back, it was ok but nothing special.

Manchester (he/him)

"Good evening folks, I'm sorry to say that I've completely lost my running mojo. If any of you find it out there could you pop it over to me?

Post marathon comedown? You need a new target "

That's what I thought, I've ticked off my years targets so I'm in a bit of a 'what's the point' frame of mind. I counted back Manchester training block as starting around Christmas week so I may well look to that

"Good evening folks, I'm sorry to say that I've completely lost my running mojo. If any of you find it out there could you pop it over to me?

That's what I thought, I've ticked off my years targets so I'm in a bit of a 'what's the point' frame of mind. I counted back Manchester training block as starting around Christmas week so I may well look to that"

Whispers "ultra" in your ear....

South Oxfordshire

Any aches and pains afterwards?

Not too bad next day as took it easy, but felt knackered that night."

Don't overdo it!

Manchester (he/him)

That's what I thought, I've ticked off my years targets so I'm in a bit of a 'what's the point' frame of mind. I counted back Manchester training block as starting around Christmas week so I may well look to that

Whispers "ultra" in your ear.... "

Whispers back "race to the stones"

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

Manchester (he/him)

Good man! 1 day or 2?"

2, I'm not sure about 100km in a day

South Oxfordshire

Good man! 1 day or 2?

2, I'm not sure about 100km in a day"

Let me know if you do, I'll pop out along the route to cheer you on!

Manchester (he/him)

Good man! 1 day or 2?

Let me know if you do, I'll pop out along the route to cheer you on!"

I'm not sure that anyone needs to see me all sweaty and red-faced from exertion... Oh hang on...

[Removed by poster at 03/12/18 21:22:20]

Good man! 1 day or 2?

I'm not sure that anyone needs to see me all sweaty and red-faced from exertion... Oh hang on... "

South Oxfordshire

Good man! 1 day or 2?

I'm not sure that anyone needs to see me all sweaty and red-faced from exertion... Oh hang on...

"

I saw you changed the smiley!

Good man! 1 day or 2?

I saw you changed the smiley!"

Fat fingers!!

South Oxfordshire

Good man! 1 day or 2?

Fat fingers!!"

I believe you!

Good man! 1 day or 2?

Fat fingers!!

I believe you!"

I'll show you next time!

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

2, I'm not sure about 100km in a day"

Exactly why you should do it! Go on, really challenge yourself!

South Oxfordshire

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

Exactly why you should do it! Go on, really challenge yourself! "

Do your first one over two days. There are plenty more 100k events you can do in 2020 once your body has got used to the training.

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

Do your first one over two days. There are plenty more 100k events you can do in 2020 once your body has got used to the training."

For this sort of event, it depends on how your body copes with running on 2 successive days. Personally, I would find it easier to do the miles on one Go, rather than having to get the legs moving again on the second day. However, me knees are quite old!!

Manchester (he/him)

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

Do your first one over two days. There are plenty more 100k events you can do in 2020 once your body has got used to the training."

I'm thinking Manchester in April, RnR Liverpool in May then RttS. After that... Maybe Chester again?

Manchester (he/him)

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

Do your first one over two days. There are plenty more 100k events you can do in 2020 once your body has got used to the training.

For this sort of event, it depends on how your body copes with running on 2 successive days. Personally, I would find it easier to do the miles on one Go, rather than having to get the legs moving again on the second day. However, me knees are quite old!! "

I was OK the day after Chester, maybe not marathon again OK though...

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

For this sort of event, it depends on how your body copes with running on 2 successive days. Personally, I would find it easier to do the miles on one Go, rather than having to get the legs moving again on the second day. However, me knees are quite old!!

I was OK the day after Chester, maybe not marathon again OK though... "

Sure you know this already, but plenty of b2b training runs to get used to running on sore and tired legs

Manchester (he/him)

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

Sure you know this already, but plenty of b2b training runs to get used to running on sore and tired legs"

I didn't know that, I've not researched training plans. I'll have to look!

South Oxfordshire

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

Sure you know this already, but plenty of b2b training runs to get used to running on sore and tired legs

"

If you ever meet Mr Goodtimes, ask to see his tattoo

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

If you ever meet Mr Goodtimes, ask to see his tattoo "

I've told you before, that offer is only open to hot chicks!

South Oxfordshire

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

I've told you before, that offer is only open to hot chicks! "

How did I get to see it then?

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

I've told you before, that offer is only open to hot chicks!

How did I get to see it then? "

By ticking both boxes

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

I'm thinking Manchester in April, RnR Liverpool in May then RttS. After that... Maybe Chester again?

"

I did Liverpool this year and was really disappointed by the full, did the half last year and loved it. The whole day seems structured around the half, personally I;d say do the half and enjoy a fun day out.

I've heard mixed reviews for Milton Keynes - not the best organised with little to no shade.

I did the half a few years back, it was ok but nothing special."

I quite like f the half when I did it, it's only a short distance from me so is always a maybe as unlike most of the bigger marathons it doesn't mean long drives and hotels!

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

For this sort of event, it depends on how your body copes with running on 2 successive days. Personally, I would find it easier to do the miles on one Go, rather than having to get the legs moving again on the second day. However, me knees are quite old!! "

I know a few people that did it this year and they all chose 1 day for that reason. I cant imagine trying to start again after a shit nightls sleep at their campsite lthough plenty do choose that option

By *obbaukMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

Bookmarking

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere down south

Morning FCRC, managed 13.4k in 1:16, not my best, but I did stop twice to take pictures of the moon and Venus

So pretty

"Morning FCRC, managed 13.4k in 1:16, not my best, but I did stop twice to take pictures of the moon and Venus

So pretty "

Morning!

Can't do a pb every time!

Is Venus the really bright object just next to the moon this morning?

By *loppymooMan  over a year ago

cambridge

Hey, new to the group but have been running for 6 years or so now.

Currently injured and have been for 5 months now, but good news, my physio referral arrived yesterday so fingers crossed I'll be back running seriously soon!

South Oxfordshire

"Morning FCRC, managed 13.4k in 1:16, not my best, but I did stop twice to take pictures of the moon and Venus

So pretty "

Well done Mrs T!

South Oxfordshire

"Hey, new to the group but have been running for 6 years or so now.

Currently injured and have been for 5 months now, but good news, my physio referral arrived yesterday so fingers crossed I'll be back running seriously soon!"

You found us

By *loppymooMan  over a year ago

cambridge

You did send me the link!! Even this dozy bollock can manage that!!

Manchester (he/him)

"

Good man! 1 day or 2?

I know a few people that did it this year and they all chose 1 day for that reason. I cant imagine trying to start again after a shit nightls sleep at their campsite lthough plenty do choose that option"

Yes, true. Although I think any option will be bloody hard, kind of the point though isnt it!

Manchester (he/him)

"Hey, new to the group but have been running for 6 years or so now.

Currently injured and have been for 5 months now, but good news, my physio referral arrived yesterday so fingers crossed I'll be back running seriously soon!"

Being injured sucks! I hope you get back to it soon

South Oxfordshire

"You did send me the link!! Even this dozy bollock can manage that!!"

No calling yourself that on this thread mister!

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

Just a little bit soggy out there tonight

And I hate it when the stiles and paths are blocked

South Oxfordshire

1k loops for me tonight.

It was a bit cold, wet and 'orrible out there!

Manchester (he/him)

"1k loops for me tonight.

It was a bit cold, wet and 'orrible out there!"

Well done!

I managed 5km on the dreadmill tonight *sigh* it's not the same

I didn't do loops, but I have been going round in circles!

South Oxfordshire

Well done!

I managed 5km on the dreadmill tonight *sigh* it's not the same"

I hate dreadmill running. I tried it the other weekend when I was staying in a hotel and it was so much harder than running outside.

I'm really impressed with Mike who does it 2 times a week!

Manchester (he/him)

Well done!

I hate dreadmill running. I tried it the other weekend when I was staying in a hotel and it was so much harder than running outside.

I'm really impressed with Mike who does it 2 times a week!"

Yep! I find it so dull!

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I'm way too lazy for all this running....

South Oxfordshire

"I'm way too lazy for all this running...."

I'm sure there are other ways you can exercise.

Went out earlier run/walking on the C25K app.....not too bad as I've done 2 12 hour days and on nights tonight, oh and in the rain

South Oxfordshire

"Went out earlier run/walking on the C25K app.....not too bad as I've done 2 12 hour days and on nights tonight, oh and in the rain "

Well done

"Went out earlier run/walking on the C25K app.....not too bad as I've done 2 12 hour days and on nights tonight, oh and in the rain

Well done "

Hard-core!

Well done!

I'm really impressed with Mike who does it 2 times a week!"

I do at least one usually two treadmill sessions a week. The obsessive in me finds a structured interval session pretty rewarding.

South Oxfordshire

Well done!

I do at least one usually two treadmill sessions a week. The obsessive in me finds a structured interval session pretty rewarding."

I do interval training outside!

Well done!

I do at least one usually two treadmill sessions a week. The obsessive in me finds a structured interval session pretty rewarding.

I do interval training outside!"

I did a 20 mile treadmill run a few years back, when it was too icy and dangerous to get out. Was one of the most soul destroying things I've ever done!

Never again!

"Went out earlier run/walking on the C25K app.....not too bad as I've done 2 12 hour days and on nights tonight, oh and in the rain

Well done

Hard-core! "

I know all too well if I don't go out then I keep finding excuses

It wasn't till I got back that I realised I had my new leggings on the wrong way round

By *elfastblondMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I need to enter a run this month or early next as I feel like I'm running (more like plodding) just for the sake of it and it's a chore esp these wet and dark evenings, havent even been at parkrun for at least 6 weeks

By *rsSBWoman  over a year ago

toy town

I'm stuck in week 4 but my weight and resistance training is going well.

Hopefully I will be able to go up to week 5 soon

South Oxfordshire

Well done

Hard-core!

I know all too well if I don't go out then I keep finding excuses

It wasn't till I got back that I realised I had my new leggings on the wrong way round "

I always try to find excuses too

South Oxfordshire

"I need to enter a run this month or early next as I feel like I'm running (more like plodding) just for the sake of it and it's a chore esp these wet and dark evenings, havent even been at parkrun for at least 6 weeks"

You're running out of time for this month!

What sort of distance are you looking for?

South Oxfordshire

"I'm stuck in week 4 but my weight and resistance training is going well.

Hopefully I will be able to go up to week 5 soon "

Keep at it and you'll get there

"I'm stuck in week 4 but my weight and resistance training is going well.

Hopefully I will be able to go up to week 5 soon

Keep at it and you'll get there "

Yep, persistence is the key, don't give up and before you know it you'll be smashing out 5k with no problem!

4 miles done. Took me 2 hours of faffing to get out the house first, but glad I did. Still physically all over the shop, but nice that a bit of mental strength kicked in to take the first steps.

Now I've earned my glass of red!

South Oxfordshire

"4 miles done. Took me 2 hours of faffing to get out the house first, but glad I did. Still physically all over the shop, but nice that a bit of mental strength kicked in to take the first steps.

Now I've earned my glass of red!"

4 miles for me tonight, felt like a struggle, but I was running at a good pace (and I even managed my horrible hill!)

"4 miles done. Took me 2 hours of faffing to get out the house first, but glad I did. Still physically all over the shop, but nice that a bit of mental strength kicked in to take the first steps.

4 miles for me tonight, felt like a struggle, but I was running at a good pace (and I even managed my horrible hill!)"

Well done!

Belfast

4 miles for me tonight, felt like a struggle, but I was running at a good pace (and I even managed my horrible hill!)"

That's brill! X

Belfast

"I need to enter a run this month or early next as I feel like I'm running (more like plodding) just for the sake of it and it's a chore esp these wet and dark evenings, havent even been at parkrun for at least 6 weeks

What sort of distance are you looking for?"

Maybe a half race but might even set a target of doing a gentle pace 15 miles to get the distance built up. Just need focussed, so busy and not a fan of running in the dark for fear of injury

South Oxfordshire

"I need to enter a run this month or early next as I feel like I'm running (more like plodding) just for the sake of it and it's a chore esp these wet and dark evenings, havent even been at parkrun for at least 6 weeks

Maybe a half race but might even set a target of doing a gentle pace 15 miles to get the distance built up. Just need focussed, so busy and not a fan of running in the dark for fear of injury "

Any running tracks you can use?

Belfast

Maybe a half race but might even set a target of doing a gentle pace 15 miles to get the distance built up. Just need focussed, so busy and not a fan of running in the dark for fear of injury

Any running tracks you can use?"

That's a great idea! I only know if one proper one but it's not open to the public but I have seen a few friends who are in clubs have been doing circuits recently so must check out where they are doing them

Did a 4 mile power walk this evening, as it's a rest day, and it was really hard!!

Seems like I'm also a crap walker.....

By *arryJones1975Man  over a year ago

ely

Have messaged wish to ask why I received a bicycle light when I ordered a running light and no response yet.

Still resting but feeling more and more human

ely

"Have messaged wish to ask why I received a bicycle light when I ordered a running light and no response yet.

Still resting but feeling more and more human"

Just found the response from 4 days ago hidden away in the depths of the app.

South Oxfordshire

"Have messaged wish to ask why I received a bicycle light when I ordered a running light and no response yet.

Still resting but feeling more and more human

Just found the response from 4 days ago hidden away in the depths of the app. "

Glad you are feeling more human and hopefully you'll get a running light soon!

Belfast

Woohoo getting to parkrun for the 1st time in 6 weeks

South Oxfordshire

"Woohoo getting to parkrun for the 1st time in 6 weeks "

Have a good one!

I was going touristing today, but I'm still in bed

I may just get up and go to my local one instead...

"Woohoo getting to parkrun for the 1st time in 6 weeks

Have a good one!

I may just get up and go to my local one instead..."

Get your lazy arse out of bed and go!!

Belfast

Have a good one!

Get your lazy arse out of bed and go!! "

Hard to get up these cold and dark mornings

Have a good one!

Hard to get up these cold and dark mornings

"

Not when your wife is on the early shift!

At least she bought me up a cuppa before she left bless her x

Forgot to update yesterday, finished the night shift, had a couple of hours sleep then went for a run/walk before going to IKEA shopping

South Oxfordshire

Have a good one!

Get your lazy arse out of bed and go!! "

I got up, got to the car park four minutes after the start and realised I've left my barcode at home.

Never mind.

South Oxfordshire

"Forgot to update yesterday, finished the night shift, had a couple of hours sleep then went for a run/walk before going to IKEA shopping "

Well done!

Belfast

Have a good one!

I got up, got to the car park four minutes after the start and realised I've left my barcode at home.

Never mind. "

Noooooooooooooooooooo

Belfast

"Forgot to update yesterday, finished the night shift, had a couple of hours sleep then went for a run/walk before going to IKEA shopping "

Fantastic!!

Belfast

Have a good one!

Never mind.

Noooooooooooooooooooo"

Just over 22 mins for this morning's parkrun, was hard going, 1st speed work in 2 months and felt it!

South Oxfordshire

Have a good one!

Never mind.

Noooooooooooooooooooo

Just over 22 mins for this morning's parkrun, was hard going, 1st speed work in 2 months and felt it!"

Well done!

I'll go out running tomorrow.

I have the keyfob barcode, but apparently I didn't put it back on my keyring last time. Which means I'm glad I didn't try last weekend when I was away or touristing today - that would be even more annoying!

Mold

Slightly soggy doesn't do it justice

Soaking wet and muddy more to the like!

Trail run through the forests

South Oxfordshire

"Slightly soggy doesn't do it justice

Trail run through the forests "

Madness!

I hope you enjoyed it

Madness!

I hope you enjoyed it "

Ah contraire Rodney, sounds great fun!

IKEA on a Saturday morning, on 2 hours sleep

Mold

Madness!

I hope you enjoyed it

Ah contraire Rodney, sounds great fun!"

Have to change my avatar, just because

"Forgot to update yesterday, finished the night shift, had a couple of hours sleep then went for a run/walk before going to IKEA shopping

IKEA on a Saturday morning, on 2 hours sleep

"

No it was Friday afternoon, I didn't want to go on a Saturday, especially tired. I try and stay away from people lol

ely

I have a refund, have ordered a new running chest light from ebay and managed a long walk before sleeping for 3 hours on Saturday

South Oxfordshire

"I have a refund, have ordered a new running chest light from ebay and managed a long walk before sleeping for 3 hours on Saturday "

South Oxfordshire

New thread!

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/830238#message_18273249

» Add a new message to this topic