FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gym's

Gym's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If the Gym was free do you think more people would attend and try to keep fit?

I've seen some places building gym equipment into public parks and i think that's a brilliant idea.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes i think they would.

i only pay £28 a months for my gym membership and that includes unlimited gym, swimming and all the fit classes/spinning thats less than a quid a day its not very expensive really

Definitely, the impact it would have on our health service alone makes it worthwhile

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Insurance......

Gym equipment in public parks, a nightmare for local councils and their legal departments.....

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Unlikely in the medium term ( ie 3 weeks ).

There is far more to it than mere cost, which as NN said can be excellent value.

The dropout rate of new users each new year is high.

By *northernsoulMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I've no qualms with paying to use a gym, I just can't surpass the boredom of going to them... how people can get addicted to them is beyond me

we have that type of stuff on the park across from me, to be honest you see more adults on them than kids lol

Bradford

Try to keep fit?

Doesn't that suppose a degree of fitness at the outset?

"I've no qualms with paying to use a gym, I just can't surpass the boredom of going to them... how people can get addicted to them is beyond me "

nor me, i joined when i joined slimming world, for me going to the gym is a way of aiding me to loose weight and tone up, i dont hate going but i dont enjoy it lol

I like the spinning classes best as they more interesting and keep your mind accupied better than running on a tread mill, but god its hard lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

nope, i hate excercise, i dont get that rush people tell me all about, i get pissed off and want to puch people in the face wether the excercise is free or i have paid for it

i hope not gets packed enough this time of year. already fighting for space

Torquay

I'm pretty confident that most people could find savings of Seven or Eight pounds a week from their weekly budgets to fund a starter gym membership.....but they have to really want to do it in the first place.

And if they can't trim their household budget to allow this because of financial hardship, then there are many ways to keep fit and get more exercise......but again, only if they really want to do it.

By *he WabbitsCouple  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

There are three parks in Worcester with some form of gym kit installed. I was a bit cynical suspecting they would be trashed within days. Surprisingly they are still intact. And used quite a lot.Not by me yet. My faveourite way of losing weight is ceroc dancing. I get to have ten or twelve ladies an hour in my arms and not get my face slapped once.

Take an ipod or mp3 player and just stay for 10 songs or so.

Your session doesn't need to take longer than 30 mins.

Most new people pack in because they overdo it at the start or they expect too much too quickly.

Go with a friend too if you can, just like shagging, it's better if you're not on your own

Bradford

"I'm pretty confident that most people could find savings of Seven or Eight pounds a week from their weekly budgets to fund a starter gym membership.....but they have to really want to do it in the first place.

And if they can't trim their household budget to allow this because of financial hardship, then there are many ways to keep fit and get more exercise......but again, only if they really want to do it."

One, it isn't that much. My council offers around 20 centres for less than £5 a week, approximately £0.70 per day.

Two, it's self funding. Stay with it, after a few weeks, you really don't want to eat that processed "meal" or the second/third/fourth takeaway of the week.

Of course, a pushbike is much better value and just as effective, though you only get a shower if yer unlucky/unprepared.

Theres some Adidas sponsored gym equipment in Riverside Park near us too.

It's all pretty basic but it gets used a lot

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

quite a few health aurthorities give you free membersip and ht costs 2 pound a session also if your under social services you can apply for a specil grant althouhh you may not get it

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

Excercise are you mad !!

isit mostly pull up bars and long bars for dipping? thats what ive seen in some youtube vids of park training

im tryin to find some blueprints so i can put something up in my back garden

for clarification im not that tight that id not pay for a gym membership.

i know there are deals to be had with various leisure centers or privately run gyms.

Bradford

Or put it another way.

A Mars bar or Snickers from a garage is getting on for 60-70p, around 300 calories each.

That's around 20-30 minutes in a gym, to stand still. Far better not to shove the things in in the first place.

"isit mostly pull up bars and long bars for dipping? thats what ive seen in some youtube vids of park training

im tryin to find some blueprints so i can put something up in my back garden"

ive seen one of those ski/air walkers

"isit mostly pull up bars and long bars for dipping? thats what ive seen in some youtube vids of park training

im tryin to find some blueprints so i can put something up in my back garden"

Basically yeah and a lethal looking treadmill

google 'adizone'

Duncan Bannatyne (Dragons Den), in saying why he wouldn't invest in a gym product, people gave excuses after excuse for not going and the project leaders removed all reasons, Free membership, free gym kit, then free trainer, then free transport to gym and they still came up with excuses for not going until they got to....The dog eat my trainers....

If your motivated you will go, but only your own motivation can make you do it

"If the Gym was free do you think more people would attend and try to keep fit?

I've seen some places building gym equipment into public parks and i think that's a brilliant idea."

People use cost as an excuse. Walking is some of the best exercise that you can get and it's free and probably saves people money on transport costs. Running, you can pick up decent running shoes for the cost of a months membership of a gym. Christ even sitting in your living room watching an exercise DVD will do you good and that is what - a tenner?

"Duncan Bannatyne (Dragons Den), in saying why he wouldn't invest in a gym product, people gave excuses after excuse for not going and the project leaders removed all reasons, Free membership, free gym kit, then free trainer, then free transport to gym and they still came up with excuses for not going until they got to....The dog eat my trainers....

If your motivated you will go, but only your own motivation can make you do it "

Sanme Duncan bannatyne, who one of the big 5 gym chains is named after? Not sure that he would have said that...

Bt agree, it's all about motivation.

By *exybabyMan  over a year ago

Canterbury....ish

Of course, much as it may not be to everybodies way of thinking but forumites could well consider purchasing a Wii Fit Board.

With its' accompanying disc it does have some serious exercises on as well as games that put some fun into the exercises. With that you could do everything in the comfort of your own home, engage in some 'fun' exercises as well as 'losing' those 'stubborn excesses'.

Plus it's designed to configure your own routines amd keeps records of what you've done and also tells you the number of calories that you are burning off. Also gives you the option to set your own targets over what period you want. Just a thought but maybe an alternative to consider...plus it can be fun, not just for yourself but also for other members of the family too!

evesham

"Of course, much as it may not be to everybodies way of thinking but forumites could well consider purchasing a Wii Fit Board.

With its' accompanying disc it does have some serious exercises on as well as games that put some fun into the exercises. With that you could do everything in the comfort of your own home, engage in some 'fun' exercises as well as 'losing' those 'stubborn excesses'.

Plus it's designed to configure your own routines amd keeps records of what you've done and also tells you the number of calories that you are burning off. Also gives you the option to set your own targets over what period you want. Just a thought but maybe an alternative to consider...plus it can be fun, not just for yourself but also for other members of the family too!"

and it will it in the corner with my excercise dvd's and lateral thigh trainer while my bike rests realtively unused in the garage

Unfortunately no, because I used to be a member of a country club for ten years, where we had golf, squash, sauna, a bar and a fully equipped gym.

I played golf one to seven times a week followed by a stint in the bar, usually.

I once spent about an 25 minutes running round a white room, flapping at thin air with some kind of fly swatter, before deciding this was far too exhausting and humiliating.

Used the sauna for about a month.

Walked into the gym once and promptly walked out again.

if uve got a fitness4less in your area its worth checking out. think its about £14.99 a month and cheaper if you go annual. all the classes are free, and they do them all

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

"nope, i hate excercise, i dont get that rush people tell me all about, i get pissed off and want to puch people in the face wether the excercise is free or i have paid for it "

hehehehe

Canterbury....ish

"Of course, much as it may not be to everybodies way of thinking but forumites could well consider purchasing a Wii Fit Board.

Plus it's designed to configure your own routines amd keeps records of what you've done and also tells you the number of calories that you are burning off. Also gives you the option to set your own targets over what period you want. Just a thought but maybe an alternative to consider...plus it can be fun, not just for yourself but also for other members of the family too!

and it will it in the corner with my excercise dvd's and lateral thigh trainer while my bike rests realtively unused in the garage "

Motivation, my dear, motivation.

You literally need only do as little as 30 minutes a day. Don't be so hard on yourself!

theres a new machine at my gym, i only used it for an hour as i started to feel sick. its good tho,it does everything , kitkat, mars bars, snickers, crisps

"if uve got a fitness4less in your area its worth checking out. think its about £14.99 a month and cheaper if you go annual. all the classes are free, and they do them all"

Is £14.99 a month free?

I stopped trying to recruit gym members years ago. It's like slimming in one sence, you've really got to change your whole outlook.

If you want to do it, you will, but it's all down to you really

Thing is you dont have to pay a lot for exercise, i dont drive so i go everywhere on my push bike, ok i admit mine wasnt a cheap one but you can get them from as little as £100 and once you've made that one off payment its free

I even go shopping on mine, take my big back pack, load it up and peddle home lol same as if i go into town to pick some bits up i go on my bike rather than the bus, i go to work on it, peddle there and back to the gym, i even take my dog for a run on my bike, he loves it lol

so you can incorporate it into your every day life

"nope, i hate excercise, i dont get that rush people tell me all about, i get pissed off and want to puch people in the face wether the excercise is free or i have paid for it "

I walk my dogs or have rumbustious sex or dance..... that's my excercise.

cyclings more fun than the jym n a great way to meet ppl . anyone fancy goin 4 a ride ? x

"cyclings more fun than the jym n a great way to meet ppl . anyone fancy goin 4 a ride ? x "

can i bring my dog? lol

oops gym

Canterbury....ish

"nope, i hate excercise, i dont get that rush people tell me all about, i get pissed off and want to puch people in the face wether the excercise is free or i have paid for it

I walk my dogs or have rumbustious sex or dance..... that's my excercise. "

Or bumrustious for the dyslexic!!

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Plus it's designed to configure your own routines amd keeps records of what you've done and also tells you the number of calories that you are burning off. Also gives you the option to set your own targets over what period you want. Just a thought but maybe an alternative to consider...plus it can be fun, not just for yourself but also for other members of the family too!"

Love my Wii, ok I only got it at Christmas, but do find I want to better myself all the time and am seriously impressed with my Wii fit age

You dont need a gym to keep fit.

It's LAZINESS and lack of education regarding nutrition and health matters that stop people from keeping fit, not the cost of a gym.

Being fit is a lifestyle, not a fad!

Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise, it cost little, everyone can do it and it puts no strain on joints.

"Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise, it cost little, everyone can do it and it puts no strain on joints. "

When I fractured and bent my spine, the best exercise I was told was swimming

"You dont need a gym to keep fit.

It's LAZINESS and lack of education regarding nutrition and health matters that stop people from keeping fit, not the cost of a gym.

Being fit is a lifestyle, not a fad!"

or in my case the lack of being able to drive lol

Canterbury....ish

Love my Wii, ok I only got it at Christmas, but do find I want to better myself all the time and am seriously impressed with my Wii fit age"

Well done you. The fun element can take 'the edge' off of the exercises by simply making them fun. Plus you do 'know' that you've been on it. It would appear that you've got pesky muscles in places that didn't seem possible!

Torquay

Being fit is a lifestyle, not a fad!"

Being fit and GETTING fit, not quite the same thing for most beginners though.

For many getting fitter is a long way from it being a lifestyle.....a long way.

Yes for those of us that cannot afford a gym, I would definitely use it more

Torquay

Love my Wii, ok I only got it at Christmas, but do find I want to better myself all the time and am seriously impressed with my Wii fit age"

The Wii and subsequent variants is/are a great way to start a fitness regime.

It can be addictive after a while....

Love my Wii, ok I only got it at Christmas, but do find I want to better myself all the time and am seriously impressed with my Wii fit age

Well done you. The fun element can take 'the edge' off of the exercises by simply making them fun. Plus you do 'know' that you've been on it. It would appear that you've got pesky muscles in places that didn't seem possible! "

The lowest it has been is 34 and the highest 45, which was on NY day after a very heavy alcohol session. So as I am 53 am very happy and determined to keep it around that

"theres a new machine at my gym, i only used it for an hour as i started to feel sick. its good tho,it does everything , kitkat, mars bars, snickers, crisps "

mmmmm yummy good exercise for the arms though

"Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise, it cost little, everyone can do it and it puts no strain on joints.

When I fractured and bent my spine, the best exercise I was told was swimming"

My aunt and I used to swim with severely physically disabled children and help them into and out of the water .... that was about all the help they wanted.

"Love my Wii, ok I only got it at Christmas, but do find I want to better myself all the time and am seriously impressed with my Wii fit age"

wasnt keen in the wii as a form of exercise when they first came out, the games just wasnt challaging enough, but now theres some really good games, i have a few step aerobic wii games and i also have the step extention that makes your board highter, a lot more challanging then it used to be

Gyms are a great money making invention, and boy do they make a fortune in the first three months of the year. I (male half) have been guilty a few times of getting a membership, going for three weeks, seeing no changes and feeling like an idiot only to then never go whilst still paying for it. My problem was wrong priorities, I wanted to tone up and lose weight so the mrs (glitter) would be happier with me..

Now though, I'm down DW Fitness in Sunderland 4 times a week, iv changed my diet, researched exercises and I set goals every month. My priorities are to feel better with myself and the results are awesome.

A free gym would have been great for me when I didn't know what I was doing and didn't really have the full intentions of going, but as in my case now, once you are clued up and confident you easily get your money's worth

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

Get a back pack and get up in yonder hills. Best form of exercise, fresh air and some really nice friendly people. Oo and if you take you other half you can get a bit of outdoor fun on the same outing

"There are three parks in Worcester with some form of gym kit installed. I was a bit cynical suspecting they would be trashed within days. Surprisingly they are still intact. And used quite a lot.Not by me yet. My faveourite way of losing weight is ceroc dancing. I get to have ten or twelve ladies an hour in my arms and not get my face slapped once. "

What's Ceroc dancing?

Torquay

"Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise, it cost little, everyone can do it and it puts no strain on joints.

When I fractured and bent my spine, the best exercise I was told was swimming"

Even for non swimmers just walking the width of a pool a few times is fantastic exercise...

Bradford

"Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise, it cost little, everyone can do it and it puts no strain on joints. "

just watch out that they don't roll off into the pool.

"I'm pretty confident that most people could find savings of Seven or Eight pounds a week from their weekly budgets to fund a starter gym membership.....but they have to really want to do it in the first place.

And if they can't trim their household budget to allow this because of financial hardship, then there are many ways to keep fit and get more exercise......but again, only if they really want to do it."

Hence I walk to work, 8 miles per day, saves me bus fare and petrol and helps me keep trim and a whole lot fitter than if I drove. For me I can either drive or join a gym and with a second job that involves finishing late, I would rather get home safely

When I fractured and bent my spine, the best exercise I was told was swimming

Even for non swimmers just walking the width of a pool a few times is fantastic exercise..."

Glad you said width, I drown in less than 5ft lol

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

i walk each day...about 2 miles it's free and the views are spectacular

I've seen some places building gym equipment into public parks and i think that's a brilliant idea.

People use cost as an excuse. Walking is some of the best exercise that you can get and it's free and probably saves people money on transport costs. Running, you can pick up decent running shoes for the cost of a months membership of a gym. Christ even sitting in your living room watching an exercise DVD will do you good and that is what - a tenner?"

Yep as I've said I walk to work and back, 8 miles per day 5 days per week, plus I work shifts in a pub, think I've lost a stone in just over a year and its cost me nothing

I do weights 2-3 times a week for 30mins a time.

I don't go to a gym. Me and my mate do it in our garage. Yes, we only pump iron, but we get cardio vascular workouts walking the dog and doing physical work. I also cycle occaisionally.

It doesn't cost us a penny.

I've been doing it since I was 18, so at 54 you could say it's part of my life now.

I'm not a particularly "driven" person, but anyone who can't find a spare half an hour a couple of times a week doesn't really want to try.

No I don't. Yes you may get a small number start to go but I don't reckon a great deal would. Look at all the people who get a gym membership after new year to lose weight and get fit. A large percentage of them go for a month or 2 and then can't be arsed. They're still paying the membership for the remainder of the year but don't utilise it.

"No I don't. Yes you may get a small number start to go but I don't reckon a great deal would. Look at all the people who get a gym membership after new year to lose weight and get fit. A large percentage of them go for a month or 2 and then can't be arsed. They're still paying the membership for the remainder of the year but don't utilise it."

yeah i agree with this people who really want to go will pay for it, people who are only going cause its free wouldnt keep it up in my opinion

"No I don't. Yes you may get a small number start to go but I don't reckon a great deal would. Look at all the people who get a gym membership after new year to lose weight and get fit. A large percentage of them go for a month or 2 and then can't be arsed. They're still paying the membership for the remainder of the year but don't utilise it."

A work colleague is similar to that and is constantly ringing them up to cancel the cost, then ringing them up to pay again, barely goes and always has an excuse

If there is a will, there is a way etc...

One does not need to go to a gym or have expensive gym equipment in order to get fit.

Walking can be beneficial and it costs nothing. Skipping ropes and hula hoops are cheap, and they can be very effective.

evesham

"There are three parks in Worcester with some form of gym kit installed. I was a bit cynical suspecting they would be trashed within days. Surprisingly they are still intact. And used quite a lot.Not by me yet. My faveourite way of losing weight is ceroc dancing. I get to have ten or twelve ladies an hour in my arms and not get my face slapped once.

What's Ceroc dancing?"

its great - its a cross between modern jive/salsa etc. lots of turns etc. i love it and, if you are brave and ask people to dance its great excercise

evesham

"nope, i hate excercise, i dont get that rush people tell me all about, i get pissed off and want to puch people in the face wether the excercise is free or i have paid for it

hehehehe "

of course, if i had a sexy ripped naked personal trainer i am sure i would get that rush no problem

People use cost as an excuse. Walking is some of the best exercise that you can get and it's free and probably saves people money on transport costs. Running, you can pick up decent running shoes for the cost of a months membership of a gym. Christ even sitting in your living room watching an exercise DVD will do you good and that is what - a tenner?

Yep as I've said I walk to work and back, 8 miles per day 5 days per week, plus I work shifts in a pub, think I've lost a stone in just over a year and its cost me nothing "

Out of interest, and talking the thread off at a tangent - how do people react? I'm see as weird for riding 13 miles each way. God knows what they think when I start running it occassionally in the summer!

But the sort of changes that you mention are exactly the lifestyle changes it takes to be fit. I suspect people that find excuses not to join a gym wouldn;t have the time to walk 4 miles to work but would have the time to watch crap on the TV later that day.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

There is, in my view, an element of "if its free it is not worth much" - I believe if anybody really wants to visit a gym they will pay for it. Municipal gyms are not as expensive as private clubs.

People don't go even after they've paid in advance, so it's unlikely this type of freeby will fare any better

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Not interested in a gym but I sure wish there were more pools around without screaming kids..

and naturist places to use in winter .

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I pay £3 per month to use my work gym, as opposed to £77 per month for my local 'designer' gym. Just because they have a pool doesn't mean I think it's remotely worth over £2 per day!

Bottom line society in general is getting lazier! More and more people have cars and from a younger age too. Why walk when I can drive or get a taxi will be the mind set of a lot of people. It's easier to make an excuse that you don't have the time or the money to go to the gym or to walk/run/cycle. That coupled with the fact it's easier to eat junk food than to eat healthily.

"I pay £3 per month to use my work gym, as opposed to £77 per month for my local 'designer' gym. Just because they have a pool doesn't mean I think it's remotely worth over £2 per day! "

77 quid a month! That is on the steep end. I used to pay 39 quid a month for a full membership at Bannatynes.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I pay £3 per month to use my work gym, as opposed to £77 per month for my local 'designer' gym. Just because they have a pool doesn't mean I think it's remotely worth over £2 per day!

77 quid a month! That is on the steep end. I used to pay 39 quid a month for a full membership at Bannatynes."

David Lloyd. You should have seen my face when he told me the cost. I thought it was April Fools Day.

"I pay £3 per month to use my work gym, as opposed to £77 per month for my local 'designer' gym. Just because they have a pool doesn't mean I think it's remotely worth over £2 per day! "
That is extremely expensive, I agree. Mine is 49 per month with pools, saunas, hot tubs and super gym. Sadly we dont have at work, so not much choice if I wish to go but I feel I get a lot of use and value out of mine. Its also almost a kind of social place as you get to know some other members and we use it to meet friends there.

I would much rather go for a long walk or a good hike than go to the gym prefer the fresh air

"I pay £3 per month to use my work gym, as opposed to £77 per month for my local 'designer' gym. Just because they have a pool doesn't mean I think it's remotely worth over £2 per day!

77 quid a month! That is on the steep end. I used to pay 39 quid a month for a full membership at Bannatynes.

David Lloyd. You should have seen my face when he told me the cost. I thought it was April Fools Day. "

Fook me. For that price I'd want them to do my work out for me while I sit in the pool drinking champagne

David Lloyd. You should have seen my face when he told me the cost. I thought it was April Fools Day.

Fook me. For that price I'd want them to do my work out for me while I sit in the pool drinking champagne "

i'll do that fot you for £77 a month lol

"

Fook me. For that price I'd want them to do my work out for me while I sit in the pool drinking champagne "

I like your style ...

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Let’s face it… there’s no exercise at the gym which you can’t replicated at home by utilising items from your shopping , a tea towel and a broom handle.

Exercise costs nothing.

"Let’s face it… there’s no exercise at the gym which you can’t replicated at home by utilising items from your shopping , a tea towel and a broom handle.

Exercise costs nothing."

Can you build me a rowing machine please?

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Let’s face it… there’s no exercise at the gym which you can’t replicated at home by utilising items from your shopping , a tea towel and a broom handle.

Exercise costs nothing.

Can you build me a rowing machine please?"

Easy peazy

i have attended gyms for many years and have paid a fortune. i started uni last year and have got into the habit of walking there and back which means I'm walking about 15 miles a week (excluding my walks into the city centre). I start a new job next week which is within walking distance and have just received a belly dancing dvd from amazon. I cant do anything with impact at home because i live in a flat. Give me fresh air over the gym any day.

If gyms were free, you would only end up with people hanging/messing around in them. Most people get bored & pack in fairly quickly. Regular use is a discipline, which the cost is part of the motivation

I find it incredibly difficult to motivate myself these days. Loved all sorts of keep fit when I was younger and saw the results so easily, but nowadays it's very easy to get disheartened with it, the results are not so quickly seen, and years of smoking make aerobic type classes nothing less than humiliating! lol!

I may make some vague attempt at it again. I think the only way I could stick to it would be if I was loaded and could get me a personal trainer... or maybe I'll just try for more meets this year

"Duncan Bannatyne (Dragons Den), in saying why he wouldn't invest in a gym product, people gave excuses after excuse for not going and the project leaders removed all reasons, Free membership, free gym kit, then free trainer, then free transport to gym and they still came up with excuses for not going until they got to....The dog eat my trainers....

If your motivated you will go, but only your own motivation can make you do it

Sanme Duncan bannatyne, who one of the big 5 gym chains is named after? Not sure that he would have said that...

Bt agree, it's all about motivation. "

Yes, via the Dragon Den program. It was a plastic undersuite to make you sweat more...

a gym has not long opened by mine called "Fit For Free" membership is £20 a month

Being fit is a lifestyle, not a fad!

Being fit and GETTING fit, not quite the same thing for most beginners though.

For many getting fitter is a long way from it being a lifestyle.....a long way."

That makes no sense!

To change ones lazy ways, to eat healthy and have the continued self motivation to exercise properly is a lifestyle (change) in itself.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"Bottom line society in general is getting lazier! More and more people have cars and from a younger age too. Why walk when I can drive or get a taxi will be the mind set of a lot of people. It's easier to make an excuse that you don't have the time or the money to go to the gym or to walk/run/cycle. That coupled with the fact it's easier to eat junk food than to eat healthily.

"

It's also cheaper to eat unhealthily too! For many people in this country, it's not about being lazy or taking the easy option, but about making pennies go further.

It's sad but true that it's cheaper to buy some frozen beef burgers and frozen chips than it is to cook a healthy meal using fresh ingredients.

Sadly, in my case, I'm just a lazy fuck and quite happily contribute to David Lloyd's childrens' tuition fees whilst making minimal use of the facilities. I really should get my arse into gear and go more often this year.

I've seen some places building gym equipment into public parks and i think that's a brilliant idea."

yes i would, just money is tight and im busy with work so dont want to pay a fee if i dont go ;( the sports parks are ace just dont fall off the strider in front of aload of kids lol me bum bloody hurt for a week

» Add a new message to this topic