FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What makes a tattoo 'bad'?

What makes a tattoo 'bad'?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What are bad tattoos?

If you met someone with a tattoo that you thought was utterly dreadful, would it put you off fucking them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

I have a tribal No it wouldn't put me off unless it was on their face.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

I just dislike all tattoos...would it put me off?... I dunno really

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think it's ones where they haven't been particularly well done or sometimes the subject matter (have you seen the unicorns fucking tattoo?). It wouldn't put me off particularly, unless it was on their face or dick .

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

Two things make me think tattoos are 'utterly dreadful'. The first would be if they symbolised hatred or violence of some sort - extreme political views, racism etc. The second is down to aesthetics … badly executed by a poor artist and/or simply not to my taste. For example, I have a real aversion to cartoon character tattoos.

However - while the first category would definitely put me off because they tell me something very unpleasant about the person concerned, the second would not - all other things being equal - because I recognise people can decorate their bodies any way they wish (if not grossly offensive).

I am awaiting an appointment to have Lemon Grab tattooed somewhere on my person, bad subject matter, childish, but I love him x

A bad tattooist - Cheap ones are cheap for a reason.

Cartoons - Really really not a good look

Tribal ink - So 1999

Sagging skin as we age doesn't help but nothing you can do about that one.

By *uryWhipMan  over a year ago

Harringay

If its a bad tattoo i wont be able to take the other person seriously.

I know a guy who got this terrible urban tattoo coz of his love for London, it includes a big blue Oyster card. Its right on his forearm and not a particularly nice looking tat either.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

Tribal ink - So 1999

Sagging skin as we age doesn't help but nothing you can do about that one. "

If someone got a tribal tattoo in 1999, why should that be more off-putting than someone who has a non-tribal old tattoo that is now sagging?

Just curious as to why you'd forgive one and not the other

I just don't like tattoo's at all.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Only something racist or sexually offensive would put me off.

When on a cheap and cheerful holiday a few years back to Cyprus, virtually every adult around the pool at my hotel had dodgy faded, homemade looking tattoos.

Wasn't hugely attractive to me.

To be fair I wouldn't be able to say unless I met them. It'd have to be quite extreme in some way if I liked their personality and found them atractive, all except for their ink.

Of late I find that some comments on the forum are a better indicator of how put off a person I am than anything else.

"

Tribal ink - So 1999

If someone got a tribal tattoo in 1999, why should that be more off-putting than someone who has a non-tribal old tattoo that is now sagging?

Just curious as to why you'd forgive one and not the other"

Tribal tattoos were a choice ok a bad one with reflection a bit like Bell bottom flares on a guy but you can take them off. Sagging skin is just going to happen to all if we all live that long.

The camel toe one isn’t a great one or a sounding cock not a great look but it’s individual taste

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

Tribal ink - So 1999

Tribal tattoos were a choice ok a bad one with reflection a bit like Bell bottom flares on a guy but you can take them off. Sagging skin is just going to happen to all if we all live that long. "

Continuing the devil's advocate position - the tribal tattoo may suit the owner of that and not look dated, while the sagging skin person has chosen to tattoo a body part that was liable to sag.

"

Tribal ink - So 1999

Tribal tattoos were a choice ok a bad one with reflection a bit like Bell bottom flares on a guy but you can take them off. Sagging skin is just going to happen to all if we all live that long.

Continuing the devil's advocate position - the tribal tattoo may suit the owner of that and not look dated, while the sagging skin person has chosen to tattoo a body part that was liable to sag.

"

Tribal’s came back to the UK With the late 1990s gap yaaar kids tryng to be hip also by the steroid crew at the gym and let’s face it they just look shit these days and they are one of the biggest lazar removal requests after ex’s names and tramp stamps. Oh and yep they do suit the squat man grunting in the gym but its not the image of the decade now.

Choose something that has meaning to you instead of getting one "on trend"

I have scars that tell my life story. I don't need ink to tell it for me.

However anything cartoony is a no from me.

By *ortobello SionnachWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Not keen on tribal ones or lots of black ink but cartoons on a guy when he gets into his latter years on the beach just makes me giggle but not in a good way.

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

"

Tribal ink - So 1999

Tribal’s came back to the UK With the late 1990s gap yaaar kids tryng to be hip also by the steroid crew at the gym and let’s face it they just look shit these days and they are one of the biggest lazar removal requests after ex’s names and tramp stamps. Oh and yep they do suit the squat man grunting in the gym but its not the image of the decade now. "

I have a tribal phoenix on my back. Damn sexy!

Mrs

By *eKoopleCouple  over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

"What are bad tattoos?

If you met someone with a tattoo that you thought was utterly dreadful, would it put you off fucking them? "

It wouldn’t put us off but a bad tatto is usually based on people’s opinions and poor artistry. Fortunately, there aren’t too many poor tattoo artists.

By *greygorCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

WHAT MAKES A TATOO BAD.indian ink a safty pin and 6 years in the green .[not me k.just been told that]

I love body art but it is subjective.

If it looks a bit poorly executed or it's facial or something prejudiced, then it's a no from me.

By *imon_hydeMan  over a year ago

Stockport

Existing.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

"I just don't like tattoo's at all."

ditto

Best put a warning on our profile..

*Comes with face tattoos and crappy tribal*

Adam.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

A lad I know has a huge Tasmanian devil with a bottle of beer and a "jazz cigarette" in each hand tattooed on his arm, he thought it was clever when he was 18 in the mid 90's, not so much now he's 40 lol.

I also used to work with a bloke who had a badly drawn side profile of a face on his arm with a cock for a nose with "fuck nose" written under it.

Awful

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

What is bad -fully "coloured in" or objectionable symbols and statements? Surely it's all subjective and more dependent on the person/ body it adorns.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

I have three.

Ones quite faded now and I'm thinking of getting it covered.

Just had one re-inked.

The last one always gets negative comments about being an awfully drawn angel.

My daughter drew it a couple of years before she passed.

It's not great but I wouldn't change it for the world.

When blokes get their baby's face on their arm......

York

"When blokes get their baby's face on their arm...... "

Or the babys footprints/hands. I can understand it means something to them but it makes awful tattoos.

Then you get the women with "Mam" on their arm or tit...

By *ottie 13Woman  over a year ago

Happy go lucky

I think whatever people choose to have is there choice and although it wouldn't be for me it wouldn't put me off but bad workmanship can make any tatt look shit

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I don't think they look bad but I wonder if Chinese symbols actually mean what the tattooist intended...

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

When I was in South America, it was the thing to get a a portrait done of a deceased family member as a sign of respect.

Nice sentiment, but a bit off putting when "mum" is watching you from someones naked chest when getting jiggy....

York

"I don't think they look bad but I wonder if Chinese symbols actually mean what the tattooist intended...

"

I've got one that means good fortune on my shoulder that I had done when I was 18, it does mean what it's supposed to but whilst I don't hate it, it will be getting covered up when I get round to having some more artistic work done

"What are bad tattoos?

If you met someone with a tattoo that you thought was utterly dreadful, would it put you off fucking them? "

The person judging said tattoo is the one that makes it bad. A bad tattoo to some may be awesome to others.

A tattoo wouldn't affect whether I fuck a person anymore than their taste in music would.

Each to their own.

Eve.

» Add a new message to this topic