FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hacking...

Hacking...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *innie The Minx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Couple of people I've spoken to recently have said their profiles "have been hacked ", plus there was a thread in the same vein last night.

Is this common? Is the security as robust as it should be? Bit concerning, considering the info and photos on here.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah a few of my friends have been hacked

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Couple of people I've spoken to recently have said their profiles "have been hacked ", plus there was a thread in the same vein last night.

Is this common? Is the security as robust as it should be? Bit concerning, considering the info and photos on here.

Anyone else had similar issues?"

Was this the lady who had her status changed. I think she was gonna get a new sim? I use ma PC to access the internet, so I don't have any particular personal worries

It would depend on the strength of your password and how many times fab allows a password to be entered.

Is it a mobile phone issue and not the site? I'd be worried about using mobile banking.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

How on earth would you hack someone, by guessing their password? I'm not looking for tips, just curious

Not a horsey thread then.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It is best to have a robust password that no one could guess and not let it slip to anyone

It may not be that. If you tick "Keep me logged in" when you log in then if anybody has access to the phone, tablet or PC you are using they will automatically be able to access Fab.

By *innie The Minx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"How on earth would you hack someone, by guessing their password? I'm not looking for tips, just curious "

No idea either.

Incognito

I had my previous profile stolen...

Completely C & P'd onto someone elses then they added a few lines to make it a bit more personal..

He told me he did it because he liked how I had worded it and i should be flattered

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

My password is the name of my previous Border Collie, plus a couple of numbers

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"How on earth would you hack someone, by guessing their password? I'm not looking for tips, just curious

No idea either."

Sometimes guesswork, sometimes silly passwords. There was an article not long ago with a list of passwords that people use...number 1 used was 12345

I’ve had my profile picture changed occasionally, but nothing else. If someone is hacking my profile they’re not doing much x

My passwords are always a mixture of caps, numbers and symbols ..

"How on earth would you hack someone, by guessing their password? I'm not looking for tips, just curious

No idea either.

Sometimes guesswork, sometimes silly passwords. There was an article not long ago with a list of passwords that people use...number 1 used was 12345 "

Phew! Mine is 123456 so not easy to guess.

By *Mids guyMan  over a year ago

Lichfield

No idea either.

Sometimes guesswork, sometimes silly passwords. There was an article not long ago with a list of passwords that people use...number 1 used was 12345

Phew! Mine is 123456 so not easy to guess.

"

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

I don’t think anyone would be desperate enough to copy ours!

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

No idea either.

Sometimes guesswork, sometimes silly passwords. There was an article not long ago with a list of passwords that people use...number 1 used was 12345 "

How the hell did you get hold of my bank card? I Thought I was about a tenner light

Could be accessing your mobile over a wireless network.

Recently my server had its password changed and when it was recovered the new server name was hack this.

Less than a week later the server was renamed challenge accepted.

You can obtain a lot of useful information by just talking to someone about likes, pet name, car they drive etc. People can give themselves away to easily

"

Recently my server had its password changed and when it was recovered the new server name was hack this.

You can obtain a lot of useful information by just talking to someone about likes, pet name, car they drive etc. People can give themselves away to easily"

What do you mean your server? Like your wifi box? Modem thing?

I openly admit I am no techno whizz.

No idea either."

There is a thing called

‘social engineering’

Basically they guess based on what they know about you, it would be a lot easier with an open face book profile though, popular passwords are pets names, favourite holiday destinations etc.

I had a message in my inbox showing as 'replied' tho i hadnt even opened the message, and when i spoke to the person who sent it they hadnt recieved a reply from me, nor did my outbox show a reply!

I trust the person who sent the message to be honest with me as weve been speaking for quite a while and wouldnt have any reason to lie!

I didnt even have fab loaded never mind logged in, i dont store the details anywhere!

"

You can obtain a lot of useful information by just talking to someone about likes, pet name, car they drive etc. People can give themselves away to easily

I openly admit I am no techno whizz. "

Best way for you to understand it is it's like someone hacking your wireless router you have at home and gaining access to all your contents on your PC and anything you connect to it.

They can even be sitting in a car outside with a laptop and fish about till the get a hit.

What the hacker in my case was looking for was technical drawings and pictures to motorbike parts the shop is making.

Thankfully that information wasn't on the system at that time.

People do get hacked it is a fact of life though why someone would want to access your fab profile opposed to your bank details etc is strange.

Passwords can be guessed with enough info people log in on public networks which isn't cleaver.

The reality is your laptop/tablet/phone is more likely to be hacked and if you save paswords on it then they get access to fab and other things.

It all goes to show you need to regularly change passwords, careful what you write down and update your device security regularly.

No idea either.

There is a thing called

‘social engineering’

Basically they guess based on what they know about you, it would be a lot easier with an open face book profile though, popular passwords are pets names, favourite holiday destinations etc.

"

People do threads on here asking for that kind of info all the time. And people answer.

"

I openly admit I am no techno whizz.

Best way for you to understand it is it's like someone hacking your wireless router you have at home and gaining access to all your contents on your PC and anything you connect to it.

They can even be sitting in a car outside with a laptop and fish about till the get a hit.

What the hacker in my case was looking for was technical drawings and pictures to motorbike parts the shop is making.

Thankfully that information wasn't on the system at that time."

Ah ok thanks. Glad they didn't get the info.

No idea either.

There is a thing called

‘social engineering’

People do threads on here asking for that kind of info all the time. And people answer. "

Yep. Social engineering covers a broad spectrum of things but it’s basically weighing people up, and influencing them without them realising. Kind of like transactional analysis but a bit more gurillla.

Think of the kind of walk in thief who steels a works ID or makes a Gas company one and wears work cloths and hi vis.

Also hackers who find your staff on linkd in etc.

There are Apps caked VPN that hide your devices up when using wireless.

This makes data mining harder.

I had someone use my photos on here before. Suppose it’s not hacking, however I wasn’t best pleased!

By *ruebameMan  over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

As above use a vpn makes it a lot harder to track and a good anti virus

Predictive text is really fucking with me today

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"Couple of people I've spoken to recently have said their profiles "have been hacked ", plus there was a thread in the same vein last night.

Anyone else had similar issues?"

And you believed them? Seriously, that is some serious social engineering given that most people are trying their upmost to distance their fab from their vanilla life.

» Add a new message to this topic