FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Boiler on the Bloody Fritz

Boiler on the Bloody Fritz

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uryWhip OP   Man  over a year ago

Harringay

Past two weeks i have to get up first thing to get the boiler working. Its a very modern so dont understand the problem. Usually takes about 20 of screming insults at it and pushing various random buttons for it come on. When I'm im a hurry and need to shower, this not good.

Any boiler maintenance/repairs people got an ideas of other insults I can throw at this prick to get it to work quicker?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ildjianMan  over a year ago

London

What type of boiler is it?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Is it a combi? Is the water pressure ok on it?

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Is it a combi? Is the water pressure ok on it?"

I was going to ask that, with my old boiler it was always the pressure, which was an easy fix.

By *ack Genuine BullMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

My boiler is 30 plus years old.

Solid as a rock!

People are buying these new multipoint boilers which are temperamental, delicate, and unreliable!

Harringay

"Is it a combi? Is the water pressure ok on it?

I was going to ask that, with my old boiler it was always the pressure, which was an easy fix. "

Was the pressure. Wasnt told about the tap behind the wahing machine. Rleased some of the pressure and now seems fine, for now. Seems to be doing this every morning so heating doesnt even come on. Should I try releasing the pressure again before i go to bed?

Harringay

"My boiler is 30 plus years old.

Solid as a rock!

People are buying these new multipoint boilers which are temperamental, delicate, and unreliable!"

Old school rules! I had an old one in one my last houses. Worked fine till the landlord upgraded with something futuristic that took about six months to figure out

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Solid as a rock!

People are buying these new multipoint boilers which are temperamental, delicate, and unreliable!

Old school rules! I had an old one in one my last houses. Worked fine till the landlord upgraded with something futuristic that took about six months to figure out "

Tell the landlord to get it sorted. It's their problem not yours.

Too much or too little pressure can be an issue. Best to get a boiler person in so s/he can assess it and advise.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Solid as a rock!

People are buying these new multipoint boilers which are temperamental, delicate, and unreliable!"

We just got rid of a 35 year old boiler, I have a feeling we may regret it

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I was going to ask that, with my old boiler it was always the pressure, which was an easy fix.

Was the pressure. Wasnt told about the tap behind the wahing machine. Rleased some of the pressure and now seems fine, for now. Seems to be doing this every morning so heating doesnt even come on. Should I try releasing the pressure again before i go to bed? "

No it shouldn't need re pressuring that often, you either have a leak somewhere or something wrong with the boiler

Forum Mod

O o O oo

repressurising*

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Was the pressure. Wasnt told about the tap behind the wahing machine. Rleased some of the pressure and now seems fine, for now. Seems to be doing this every morning so heating doesnt even come on. Should I try releasing the pressure again before i go to bed? "

I'm no expert ..if you've released the pressure (I'm guessing it's the water pressure) then unless something is refilling the system it shouldn't be over pressured again.

Any error codes ..most modern boilers display an error code for pressure faults. I'd call out an engineer

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Solid as a rock!

We just got rid of a 35 year old boiler, I have a feeling we may regret it"

My old house had a boiler from the sixties built like a tank.. only problem when something did break no spares ..sad day when that was changed ..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If there is no pressure each morning then it means there is a leak somwhere in the heating system. You pressure it up each morning and boiler works but it is slowly losing water during the day so by next mornjng no presure again. Could be anything such as radaitor valves, preasure release valve, etc.

Harringay

Was the pressure. Wasnt told about the tap behind the wahing machine. Rleased some of the pressure and now seems fine, for now. Seems to be doing this every morning so heating doesnt even come on. Should I try releasing the pressure again before i go to bed?

I'm no expert ..if you've released the pressure (I'm guessing it's the water pressure) then unless something is refilling the system it shouldn't be over pressured again.

Any error codes ..most modern boilers display an error code for pressure faults. I'd call out an engineer "

I would call someone out but not my boiler and they're in Thailand being not very helpful.

The error that appaers on the display looks its telling me to f-off, that means war in my book.

Harringay

Thanks for the help guys. I'm clearly useless with stuff like this. Easier to throw my toys out the pram.

By *kwinemanMan  over a year ago

hemel hempstead

you really need to inform landlord, you should have been told how to top up the sysytem but if you need to do it all the time then you have a leak or a part failure, you need a qualified engineer.

By *ild_oatsMan  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

If there is no pressure each morning then it means there is a leak somwhere in the heating system. You pressure it up each morning and boiler works but it is slowly losing water during the day so by next mornjng no presure again. Could be anything such as radaitor valves, preasure release valve, etc.

"

If the boiler needs repressurising each morning it could be a leak or more likely the pressure relief valve or expansion vessel is faulty. Repressurise the boiler to about 1.5 bar the turn on the heating if the pressure gauge goes up to 3 bar then it’s likely to be the expansion vessel

Depending on the boiler it can be an easy replacement or boiler off the wall and a strip down job ... though you can always fit an external expansion vessel.

Your boiler will have an pipe going from the pressure relief valve to the outside check where it comes out of the wall to see if any water is coming out of the pipe. If you are getting leakage from that pipe but no increase in pressure when the heating is on it’s a fault with that valve.

» Add a new message to this topic