FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Delusions of grandeur

Delusions of grandeur

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Shopping in Lidl's yesterday a woman was having a heated discussion on the phone, part of the conversation went thus: "There's nothing i can do about it, i'm in Waitrose".

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Shopping in Lidl's yesterday a woman was having a heated discussion on the phone, part of the conversation went thus: "There's nothing i can do about it, i'm in Waitrose". "

I put my Waitrose bags inside Harrods food bags

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Shopping in Lidl's yesterday a woman was having a heated discussion on the phone, part of the conversation went thus: "There's nothing i can do about it, i'm in Waitrose". "

That was me. My other half was asking me to get him a waterproof fleece with built in fairy lights as well as a tin of swallows tails in aspic.

I HAD to say I was in Waitrose. They don't sell those lines.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I put my Waitrose bags inside Harrods food bags "

I put my Harrods bags inside my Fortnum and Masons' bags...... God forbid someone should think i'd stoop to Harrods food hall.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Waitrose is just my nearest, and they give me free coffee - what's not to like!!? I have to drive 10 miles to get mt Lidl gin and my Aldi whiskey lol!

By *hite1100Man  over a year ago

Hither Green

What kind of scummer shops at Lidl?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I feel like a right plonker when I pick up my Waitrose bag and go to Tesco (by accident, mind).

...Up on the Downs

Did they have those huge Poinsettia with glitter on this year, I always buy one of those for an elderly lady I know, she loves them!

"I put my Waitrose bags inside Harrods food bags

I put my Harrods bags inside my Fortnum and Masons' bags...... God forbid someone should think i'd stoop to Harrods food hall. "

Gosh one must change one’s shopping tactics

...Up on the Downs

"I feel like a right plonker when I pick up my Waitrose bag and go to Tesco (by accident, mind). "

I always take my hemp Waitrose bag to Sainsbury's on the way home from the horses - should I be embarassed lol!?

"I feel like a right plonker when I pick up my Waitrose bag and go to Tesco (by accident, mind).

I always take my hemp Waitrose bag to Sainsbury's on the way home from the horses - should I be embarassed lol!? "

No, it's normal for me too! I keep my likits in a waitrose bag... Shameful! Lol

Hither Green

"I feel like a right plonker when I pick up my Waitrose bag and go to Tesco (by accident, mind).

I always take my hemp Waitrose bag to Sainsbury's on the way home from the horses - should I be embarassed lol!? "

Yes, you really should.

Why slum it in Sainsbury’s when you own a string of horses?

...Up on the Downs

"I put my Waitrose bags inside Harrods food bags

I put my Harrods bags inside my Fortnum and Masons' bags...... God forbid someone should think i'd stoop to Harrods food hall. "

I was lusting after the Fortnum and Mason Violet, and Pistachio & Clotted Cream bisquits in St Pancras the other day....

...Up on the Downs

I always take my hemp Waitrose bag to Sainsbury's on the way home from the horses - should I be embarassed lol!?

Yes, you really should.

Why slum it in Sainsbury’s when you own a string of horses? "

It's near the stables silly - and I love their sugar free dark chocolate and vegetarian bites!!

The only bag I wouldn’t be seen dead with is a Sports Direct bag

It’s hideous and can’t stand Ashley

"Shopping in Lidl's yesterday a woman was having a heated discussion on the phone, part of the conversation went thus: "There's nothing i can do about it, i'm in Waitrose".

What kind of scummer shops at Lidl? "

Me, obviously...and her.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Lidl have the best brandy cream of anywhere.

Hither Green

Yes, you really should.

It's near the stables silly - and I love their sugar free dark chocolate and vegetarian bites!! "

Which Fortnum’s hampers have you plumped for this year?

I decided to rein it in and spend less than the value of my favourite watch this year...

If I don’t spend less than five figures, I might stand accused of being ostentatious....

Is it Groundhog Day!?!

I go to Asda, it makes me feel posh and well dressed lol

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Shopping in Lidl's yesterday a woman was having a heated discussion on the phone, part of the conversation went thus: "There's nothing i can do about it, i'm in Waitrose".

People who are not pretentious, haughty, snobs.

Hither Green

People who are not pretentious, haughty, snobs. "

You mean people who don’t drive German cars and wear Swiss watches!?

Ewww.

Cannock

Ewww. "

Have you looked at German cars in the reliability tables lately, they're not all that. Much better off with a more reliable Honda or Toyota.

The Tesco after midnight experience is fascinating.

The AsDa after dark hundred is ace if your a little tipsy.

Especially if y’all pick y’alls atire specially.

...Up on the Downs

Yes, you really should.

It's near the stables silly - and I love their sugar free dark chocolate and vegetarian bites!!

I decided to rein it in and spend less than the value of my favourite watch this year...

If I don’t spend less than five figures, I might stand accused of being ostentatious.... "

I know who you remind me of now - the look in your eyes in some of your avatars reminds me of some of Van Gogh's self-portraits. Are you a tortured soul??

Hither Green

Ewww.

Have you looked at German cars in the reliability tables lately, they're not all that. Much better off with a more reliable Honda or Toyota. "

But who wants to drive a car fit for an uber driver when you can have a rambunctious, Germanic straight six between your legs.

Driving cars like that make you want to single-handedly invade Poland...

Why oh why did I sell my M3 ...

Cannock

[Removed by poster at 02/12/18 17:03:35]

Cannock

Ewww.

Have you looked at German cars in the reliability tables lately, they're not all that. Much better off with a more reliable Honda or Toyota.

But who wants to drive a car fit for an uber driver when you can have a rambunctious, Germanic straight six between your legs.

Driving cars like that make you want to single-handedly invade Poland...

Why oh why did I sell my M3 ... "

Not sure did it break down on you?

Hither Green

Yes, you really should.

If I don’t spend less than five figures, I might stand accused of being ostentatious....

I know who you remind me of now - the look in your eyes in some of your avatars reminds me of some of Van Gogh's self-portraits. Are you a tortured soul??"

A tortured soul? Probably, aren’t we all? I haven’t cut one of my own ears off yet, but give it time.

I’m still dining out on how I managed to get the word rumbunctious into one of my irreverent posts on Fab.

You remind me of my mum (albeit a slightly less classy version of her).

Top bantah. You aren’t all bad, Frisky....

...Up on the Downs

Yes, you really should.

I know who you remind me of now - the look in your eyes in some of your avatars reminds me of some of Van Gogh's self-portraits. Are you a tortured soul??

A tortured soul? Probably, aren’t we all? I haven’t cut one of my own ears off yet, but give it time.

I’m still dining out on how I managed to get the word rumbunctious into one of my irreverent posts on Fab.

"

Darling if I was your Mum you would've been much better looking!

I have delusions of adequacy

Hither Green

Yes, you really should.

Darling if I was your Mum you would've been much better looking! "

Great response. A withering put-down indeed.

I’ve finally encountered someone on Fab who can match my level of word-smithing, and that takes some doing.

You’re a sort.

Imagine the makeup sex, if it wasn’t for the age gap.

...Up on the Downs

Yes, you really should.

Darling if I was your Mum you would've been much better looking!

Great response. A withering put-down indeed.

I’ve finally encountered someone on Fab who can match my level of word-smithing, and that takes some doing.

You’re a sort.

Imagine the makeup sex, if it wasn’t for the age gap. "

Ah yes, I like angry make-up sex, but alas, I gave up the toyboys with the male models from POF a couple of years ago....

By *onyGalWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Yes, you really should.

Why slum it in Sainsbury’s when you own a string of horses? "

probably because of the horses. Everyone thinks I’m minted because I have 7 horses.. actually I’m skint BECAUSE I own 7 horses

...Up on the Downs

Yes, you really should.

probably because of the horses. Everyone thinks I’m minted because I have 7 horses.. actually I’m skint BECAUSE I own 7 horses "

What's the best way to make a small fortune out of horses? Start with a large one......

Yes, you really should.

probably because of the horses. Everyone thinks I’m minted because I have 7 horses.. actually I’m skint BECAUSE I own 7 horses "

You can never have to many horses.

Hither Green

Yes, you really should.

The living is cheap oop north.

Stop moaning.

Yes, you really should.

Talking of horses, anyone seen any one-trick ponies around these parts!?

Yes, you really should.

I have 3.... Skint enough with that lot, let alone 7!

leeds

Yes, you really should.

probably because of the horses. Everyone thinks I’m minted because I have 7 horses.. actually I’m skint BECAUSE I own 7 horses

Stop moaning. "

Horses are never cheap

I rode today and managed to almost delude myself that it had cost me nothing...

Hither Green

Yes, you really should.

Talking of horses, anyone seen any one-trick ponies around these parts!? "

I’ve seen quite a few old nags, fit only for the knacker’s yard.

This particular thoroughbread stallion is growing increasingly frustrated with the fab stable....

leeds

"I’ve seen quite a few old nags, fit only for the knacker’s yard.

This particular thoroughbread stallion is growing increasingly frustrated with the fab stable.... "

Mmmmm. Bread.

Yes, yes, we know you hate Lidl.

Yes, you really should.

Talking of horses, anyone seen any one-trick ponies around these parts!? "

Oh, you mean Terry Tryhards ?

Hither Green

Yes, you really should.

Oh, you mean Terry Tryhards ? "

Maybe he means the dick van dykes...

This place is a true sausage factory at times...

Yes, yes, we know you hate Lidl. "

Occasionally the boyfriend, who as we know takes home more than 70k

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Us.

Cannock

Yes, you really should.

This place is a true sausage factory at times... "

Did you buy some sour grapes with your German car and your Swiss watch?

Yes, you really should.

Did you buy some sour grapes with your German car and your Swiss watch? "

Sour kraut?

Hither Green

Occasionally the boyfriend, who as we know takes home more than 70k "

But you secretly wish he looked like me ...

Hither Green

Yes, you really should.

Did you buy some sour grapes with your German car and your Swiss watch? "

Nah, the Rolex dealer threw them in for free.

Occasionally the boyfriend, who as we know takes home more than 70k

But you secretly wish he looked like me ... "

Nah, not even slightly, I like a clean shave, no grease, jell or wax and broader.

Also I’m assuming he’s taller.

Yes, you really should.

This place is a true sausage factory at times... "

Or maybe he means the Walter Mittys who work in the chipolata section, who over compensate by try to hard.

By *ovingittwoCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Heard this in Aldi too!

Yah, taller and earns more, less ....... ratty looking, less ..... fake.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

You do your own shopping???

Joking

Hither Green

Yes, you really should.

Or maybe he means the Walter Mittys who work in the chipolata section, who over compensate by try to hard."

Look at your profile pic and then remind me which of us is working hard in the chipolata section.

...Up on the Downs

Yes, you really should.

Or maybe he means the Walter Mittys who work in the chipolata section, who over compensate by try to hard."

The Lidl mini-bratwurst are the best on the market I'll have you know!!

#sausagefest

Omg this has all made me laugh! Actually needed that ...

Hither Green

"Yah, taller and earns more, less ....... ratty looking, less ..... fake. "

You’ve said he’s taller twice.

Are you telling me or convincing yourself?

...Up on the Downs

Haha, I think young men should remember that one day they will run out of testosterone and should all learn to save it for the bedroom and not waste it on sausage fights lol!

I put my Waitrose bags in Pound Shop or Aldi bags.

"Yah, taller and earns more, less ....... ratty looking, less ..... fake.

Are you telling me or convincing yourself? "

I assumed then I checked xx

Hither Green

"Haha, I think young men should remember that one day they will run out of testosterone and should all learn to save it for the bedroom and not waste it on sausage fights lol! "

Not for another 30 years or so

...Up on the Downs

"Haha, I think young men should remember that one day they will run out of testosterone and should all learn to save it for the bedroom and not waste it on sausage fights lol!

Not for another 30 years or so "

There's a finite amount ya know, once it's gone, it's gone lol!

Hither Green

I assumed then I checked xx "

Good to know he’s 6”3+.

How’s his face?!

Yes, you really should.

Or maybe he means the Walter Mittys who work in the chipolata section, who over compensate by try to hard.

Look at your profile pic and then remind me which of us is working hard in the chipolata section.

"

Are those sunglasses prescription, I suggest you get down Specsavers in the morning ?!

Hither Green

"Haha, I think young men should remember that one day they will run out of testosterone and should all learn to save it for the bedroom and not waste it on sausage fights lol!

There's a finite amount ya know, once it's gone, it's gone lol!"

That’s a biologically incorrect statement...

By *harliebluestockingsCouple  over a year ago

london

We also put out honour bags in Selfridges bags.

A little off at a tangent but why do they use those bags that scream it’s got naughty stuff inside.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

i have no delusions

Hither Green

Yes, you really should.

Are those sunglasses prescription, I suggest you get down Specsavers in the morning ?! "

Which sunglasses would those be?

You must have checked my profile out to have seen the sunnies pics....

...Up on the Downs

That’s a biologically incorrect statement... "

Indeed, but it suits my argument!

Hither Green

Indeed, but it suits my argument!"

Nope, I’m afraid you blinked, and I skewered you there.

I know you can do better.

Can someone tell me that drinks in Euston aren’t a wise decision?!

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Off subject, we think you are a nice man.

I assumed then I checked xx

Good to know he’s 6”3+.

How’s his face?! "

As stated previously clean shaven

As stated previously less ratty less fake.

6’5”

FYI ‘= feet “= inches

...Up on the Downs

"

You are mistaken - I have no ego vested in a throwaway joke, I just think you boys should stop wasting your energy willy-waving .... but whatever, if it pleases you all.

Go to St Pancras International Hotel instead - lovely bars in there.

See if I was there I would have shouted down her phone. No you're ot you're in Lidls

...Up on the Downs

See if I was there I would have shouted down her phone. No you're ot you're in Lidls"

Haha, or just shouted 'Fuck me, I could've sworn this was Lidl!!'

I wonder how many people in Lidl can handle the metric system?

Hither Green

You are mistaken - I have no ego vested in a throwaway joke, I just think you boys should stop wasting your energy willy-waving .... but whatever, if it pleases you all.

Go to St Pancras International Hotel instead - lovely bars in there."

The Searcy’s in there is rather spiffing. Good suggestion.

See if I was there I would have shouted down her phone. No you're ot you're in Lidls

Haha, or just shouted 'Fuck me, I could've sworn this was Lidl!!' "

...Up on the Downs

"I wonder how many people in Lidl can handle the metric system?

"

Cocks will always be measured in inches....

Cocks will always be measured in inches.... "

You see a man who mistakes feet for inches.............. dam he thinks it’s a foot long!

Hither Green

You see a man who mistakes feet for inches.............. dam he thinks it’s a foot long! "

Shush.

Haha, or just shouted 'Fuck me, I could've sworn this was Lidl!!' "

I'm a right twat in supermarkets. I hate shopping so got to make it interesting. When I went with my ex I used to pretend I've lost her and ask them to call her on the speaker system. I ask them to say 'her name' rhys has lost his phone and he can't find you. Loads of other things too. Good times!

You see a man who mistakes feet for inches.............. dam he thinks it’s a foot long!

Shush. "

Dang I’m right ...... he’s got a 1” willy

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

You see a man who mistakes feet for inches.............. dam he thinks it’s a foot long! "

That's because he has wandered out of Lidl into Subway

That's because he has wandered out of Lidl into Subway "

...Up on the Downs

The Searcy’s in there is rather spiffing. Good suggestion. "

No, go in the Booking Office bar - and thank me later.

Hither Green

The Searcy’s in there is rather spiffing. Good suggestion.

No, go in the Booking Office bar - and thank me later."

Good shout again, you’re clearly a lady of excuisite taste.

That would be wasted on the reprobates I’m meeting tonight.

We may be sticking to the parcel yard tonight (quite close by, next to Kings +).

Hither Green

Shush.

Dang I’m right ...... he’s got a 1” willy "

It’s a lot smaller than that...

Shush.

Dang I’m right ...... he’s got a 1” willy

It’s a lot smaller than that... "

Shush

Yes, you really should.

Stop moaning.

Horses are never cheap

I rode today and managed to almost delude myself that it had cost me nothing... "

What price happiness though?

By *ovingittwoCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I don't understand why?? But I'm reading this thread in a terrible American accent (mrs)

» Add a new message to this topic