FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > For those who can't be bothered with Xmas part 2

For those who can't be bothered with Xmas part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Since the other one got too big...thought I would open another one

I agree with the last poster who commented about the December birthdays when cards/paper are in "short supply" for the Xmas stuff.

It's all about lining retailers pockets really isn't it ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Norfolkcouple ... You are soooooooooooo right too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/12/18 08:00:33]

Im a december babby. Boxing day. I hate it. Cant ever have a birthday party. Everyones doing things. And following weeks new year and after that. Well even ive forgotten about my birthday

"Since the other one got too big...thought I would open another one

I agree with the last poster who commented about the December birthdays when cards/paper are in "short supply" for the Xmas stuff.

It's all about lining retailers pockets really isn't it ? "

Pretty much.

Ever noticed the toy, perfume, and electronics ads start to increase to saturation point around the end of October. Tactically done to increase kids 'can I have' to their parents who are struggling to make ends meet.

They dutifully go out and spunk 100's or even 1000's of pounds they don't have on credit which they'll be paying off till doomsday.

"Im a december babby. Boxing day. I hate it. Cant ever have a birthday party. Everyones doing things. And following weeks new year and after that. Well even ive forgotten about my birthday"

Don't forget about your birthday ... It should make you more determined to make a big deal of it

Pretty much.

Ever noticed the toy, perfume, and electronics ads start to increase to saturation point around the end of October. Tactically done to increase kids 'can I have' to their parents who are struggling to make ends meet.

They dutifully go out and spunk 100's or even 1000's of pounds they don't have on credit which they'll be paying off till doomsday.

"

Yes, and October to December is the only time you ever see a grouse in an advert ... You always know the bombardment is starting as that's usually one of the first that's aired

I forgot all about that grouse. Sneaky fucker always pops up on Halloween.

"I forgot all about that grouse. Sneaky fucker always pops up on Halloween."

Every year

"Im a december babby. Boxing day. I hate it. Cant ever have a birthday party. Everyones doing things. And following weeks new year and after that. Well even ive forgotten about my birthday

Don't forget about your birthday ... It should make you more determined to make a big deal of it "

Thankyou opp. I will remember to send you an invite to my party

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Im a december babby. Boxing day. I hate it. Cant ever have a birthday party. Everyones doing things. And following weeks new year and after that. Well even ive forgotten about my birthday"

Stop bleating. Plan early. Have a get together of those who want to be there. It'd fill their Boxing Day.

Or have your birthday one month early something like the queen.

"Im a december babby. Boxing day. I hate it. Cant ever have a birthday party. Everyones doing things. And following weeks new year and after that. Well even ive forgotten about my birthday

Don't forget about your birthday ... It should make you more determined to make a big deal of it

Thankyou opp. I will remember to send you an invite to my party "

Awesome!! I'll happily accept too

King's Crustacean

It's all about lining retailers pockets really isn't it ? "

I haven't been on the other thread. I'll go for a peek but in truth ..... i've NEVER seen a card shop, or newsagent without B'day cards and paper. I picked some up yesterday for a 40th. No probs.

I haven't been on the other thread. I'll go for a peek but in truth ..... i've NEVER seen a card shop, or newsagent without B'day cards and paper. I picked some up yesterday for a 40th. No probs. "

Of course there are some, but the stock is usually at least halved to make room for Xmas stuff

Stop bleating. Plan early. Have a get together of those who want to be there. It'd fill their Boxing Day.

Or have your birthday one month early something like the queen. "

I have a December birthday friend. He has a summer birthday night out instead. Works great.

I haven't been on the other thread. I'll go for a peek but in truth ..... i've NEVER seen a card shop, or newsagent without B'day cards and paper. I picked some up yesterday for a 40th. No probs.

Of course there are some, but the stock is usually at least halved to make room for Xmas stuff "

Yep the birthday card selection is crap at xmas. My mate has the same December birthday every year. I get his card before all the xmas stuff takes over.

King's Crustacean

Mine must just be a good shop then. Extra stands out for Xmas.

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I haven't been on the other thread. I'll go for a peek but in truth ..... i've NEVER seen a card shop, or newsagent without B'day cards and paper. I picked some up yesterday for a 40th. No probs. "

It is actually a thing. There are less cards/wrapping paper in the shops.

My Dad has to get cards for two sisters (end of November), my Mum (December) and my brother (January). He used to get them in about September to ensure there was a good choice.

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I have a December birthday friend. He has a summer birthday night out instead. Works great. "

I have a French friend whose birthday is in December, she also celebrates on her saint day which is earlier in the year.

I don't start thinking about Christmas (presents, decorations and stuff) until after my Mum's birthday in December. Although lately (when I've been decorating my parents house) the decs haven't been put up until Christmas morning!

It is actually a thing. There are less cards/wrapping paper in the shops.

My Dad has to get cards for two sisters (end of November), my Mum (December) and my brother (January). He used to get them in about September to ensure there was a good choice."

Always good to plan ahead

Tryed that. Got cant go out mate. What with chrstmas coming up. Expensive time. Ide have loved a birthday bash abroiad for my 50th. Can people afford it around christmas. Let me answer. NO

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I have a December birthday friend. He has a summer birthday night out instead. Works great. "

Haha why have I never thought of this?!

I’d like it if it was a light festival as it would be a happy event no religion no bs

We have a load of Christmas birthdays in my family so we solved the Christmas presents all at once and party problems by having a half birthday party in the summer kids are grown up now but they still carry on the tradition!

I have a December birthday friend. He has a summer birthday night out instead. Works great.

Haha why have I never thought of this?!"

We all wear Christmas tshirts. It goes down well in hot weather.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

29th here, no one wants to celebrate your birthday between Christmas and New Year, with you

chelmsford

I'm thinking of having an unofficial birthday in the summer

"Or have your birthday one month early something like the queen. "

My birthday is Christmas eve and I hate this suggestion. Forgive me for wanting to celebrate my birthday on or at least close to my birthday rather than a random date born out of convenience

29th here, no one wants to celebrate your birthday between Christmas and New Year, with you "

One of my grandads shared your birthday and he actually loved it

"Or have your birthday one month early something like the queen.

My birthday is Christmas eve and I hate this suggestion. Forgive me for wanting to celebrate my birthday on or at least close to my birthday rather than a random date born out of convenience"

I'm with you! Celebrate ON your birthday and sod Xmas ... Well I would anyway

chelmsford

29th here, no one wants to celebrate your birthday between Christmas and New Year, with you

One of my grandads shared your birthday and he actually loved it "

Aah, bless him, to be fair, I still had separate presents for Christmas and birthdays, although it was hard for my parents

Aah, bless him, to be fair, I still had separate presents for Christmas and birthdays, although it was hard for my parents "

I imagine it was but back in the day it wasn't all about who could spend the most money and give their kids the most expensive gift was it? The magic of Xmas is now just the magic of the retailer

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Somebody has just posted a Xmas tree thread ffs

chelmsford

Aah, bless him, to be fair, I still had separate presents for Christmas and birthdays, although it was hard for my parents

I imagine it was but back in the day it wasn't all about who could spend the most money and give their kids the most expensive gift was it? The magic of Xmas is now just the magic of the retailer "

Think you're right Eenie

"Somebody has just posted a Xmas tree thread ffs "

Hmmmm, I'm not on the forums much at the moment because of the C word

My mother used to tell me she would receive a orange & and a penny for Christmas....how things have changed.

"My mother used to tell me she would receive a orange & and a penny for Christmas....how things have changed."

I don't care if I sleep through Xmas this year.

Roll on 2019

» Add a new message to this topic