FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Insulting or compliment, or both ?

Insulting or compliment, or both ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had a message from a woman this morning, basically the jist was my profile was well written for a man. First I took it as a compliment, then a faint one, but now I’m thinking it’s quite insulting.

Just wondering how you would take it ?

She looks quite fit, so this may influence your decision.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I imagine it's in the same vein as telling someone that they look good for their age. It's usually an honest compliment but can come off as an insult to the recipient.

But if she's fit just go for it

C

With this site you are lucky to even get a reply. Try sending her another message and go from there

"With this site you are lucky to even get a reply. Try sending her another message and go from there "

It’s not a reply, I didn’t message her.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

"With this site you are lucky to even get a reply. Try sending her another message and go from there

It’s not a reply, I didn’t message her."

You’re in there!

I think your profile is very well written OP., I wouldn’t say it’s well written for a man, it’s just very well written.

I don’t like her way of putting it. Just my opinion.

Mrs

It's an insult to other men but it's also true so is it an insult if it's a fact because it's honest and more words than many men bother to write and pics too which most don't think they need to have any at all because their mate down the pub said it's clunge city on here so they can only blame themselves for not getting their fingers wet if they don't put some effort in and get mad at the ones who do put effort in and meet lots of women yet they can't figure out why so the good ones stand out really obviously and easy to spot then the decent men that make an effort look like gods in comparison but is it a compliment when all the competition is just so bad as it would be a compliment if the competition was amazing as it takes you even higher than the amazing ones otherwise it's a backhanded compliment saying you're better than the really crap ones yet if it's the only compliment you've had then it's a nice compliment because there's nothing to compare it with because if you got loads of compliments you might take it as an insult which would be a shame as she may have been sincere

Go with the flow and try messaging her, what have you got to lose

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"I imagine it's in the same vein as telling someone that they look good for their age. It's usually an honest compliment but can come off as an insult to the recipient.

C"

yep

It is nothing more than an opening chat up line, designed to make you think she has read your profile, not just perved your pics

Is her profile well written? For a woman of course.

"Had a message from a woman this morning, basically the jist was my profile was well written for a man. First I took it as a compliment, then a faint one, but now I’m thinking it’s quite insulting.

She looks quite fit, so this may influence your decision. "

Did a woman write your profile for you?

Go get her tiger

"Had a message from a woman this morning, basically the jist was my profile was well written for a man. First I took it as a compliment, then a faint one, but now I’m thinking it’s quite insulting.

She looks quite fit, so this may influence your decision.

Did a woman write your profile for you?"

Cheeky

"It is nothing more than an opening chat up line, designed to make you think she has read your profile, not just perved your pics

Is her profile well written? For a woman of course."

Yes, but most women’s are to be fair.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"It's an insult to other men but it's also true so is it an insult if it's a fact because it's honest and more words than many men bother to write and pics too which most don't think they need to have any at all because their mate down the pub said it's clunge city on here so they can only blame themselves for not getting their fingers wet if they don't put some effort in and get mad at the ones who do put effort in and meet lots of women yet they can't figure out why so the good ones stand out really obviously and easy to spot then the decent men that make an effort look like gods in comparison but is it a compliment when all the competition is just so bad as it would be a compliment if the competition was amazing as it takes you even higher than the amazing ones otherwise it's a backhanded compliment saying you're better than the really crap ones yet if it's the only compliment you've had then it's a nice compliment because there's nothing to compare it with because if you got loads of compliments you might take it as an insult which would be a shame as she may have been sincere"

Crikey Doris, have you no perception of paragraphs, I've got a headache after reading that

"It is nothing more than an opening chat up line, designed to make you think she has read your profile, not just perved your pics

Yes, but most women’s are to be fair. "

A man wrote mine. x

"It's an insult to other men but it's also true so is it an insult if it's a fact because it's honest and more words than many men bother to write and pics too which most don't think they need to have any at all because their mate down the pub said it's clunge city on here so they can only blame themselves for not getting their fingers wet if they don't put some effort in and get mad at the ones who do put effort in and meet lots of women yet they can't figure out why so the good ones stand out really obviously and easy to spot then the decent men that make an effort look like gods in comparison but is it a compliment when all the competition is just so bad as it would be a compliment if the competition was amazing as it takes you even higher than the amazing ones otherwise it's a backhanded compliment saying you're better than the really crap ones yet if it's the only compliment you've had then it's a nice compliment because there's nothing to compare it with because if you got loads of compliments you might take it as an insult which would be a shame as she may have been sincere"

Is everything okay Doris ?

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"A man wrote mine. x"

I've just rewritten mine

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"I imagine it's in the same vein as telling someone that they look good for their age. It's usually an honest compliment but can come off as an insult to the recipient.

C"

We take the "look good for your age" as an insult as it's really saying "you're a bit shabby but you'll do as I need a fuck". You either look good or you don't....you write well or you don't.

"A man wrote mine. x

I've just rewritten mine "

TLDR Like war n peace.

"It's an insult to other men but it's also true so is it an insult if it's a fact because it's honest and more words than many men bother to write and pics too which most don't think they need to have any at all because their mate down the pub said it's clunge city on here so they can only blame themselves for not getting their fingers wet if they don't put some effort in and get mad at the ones who do put effort in and meet lots of women yet they can't figure out why so the good ones stand out really obviously and easy to spot then the decent men that make an effort look like gods in comparison but is it a compliment when all the competition is just so bad as it would be a compliment if the competition was amazing as it takes you even higher than the amazing ones otherwise it's a backhanded compliment saying you're better than the really crap ones yet if it's the only compliment you've had then it's a nice compliment because there's nothing to compare it with because if you got loads of compliments you might take it as an insult which would be a shame as she may have been sincere

Is everything okay Doris ? "

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"A man wrote mine. x

I've just rewritten mine

TLDR Like war n peace. "

Nah, love peace and bananas, but you ain't having a slice of my pie, or something like that

By *oley999Woman  over a year ago

Land of Rainbows and Happiness

I'd rather just prefer to think that the intent was kind and complimentary x

I usually get ' your profile is rubbish even for a man'

It's gotta be a compliment

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

Fuck her then tell her how offended you were.

"Fuck her then tell her how offended you were."

This is the best advice yet.

"I usually get ' your profile is rubbish even for a man'

It's gotta be a compliment "

I think I’d be proud of that!

I don’t see how that’s not a compliment?? I’d probably comment if someone had a good profile and to be fair I think women put more effort than men into their profiles in general.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Yes, but most women’s are to be fair.

A man wrote mine. x"

Mine too.

By *ick_and_BickerCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Caveats are an arse. ‘For your age’ particularly so.

It's a well written profile, take it as a compliment of that. So many profiles just put you straight off, well me anyway.

On the other hand she probably found you on the forum and has read this and is completely put off now

Send her a message and see what happens xx

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

You're just a 3% single guy like myself

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Its a compliment to you with a well founded criticism of most of the men here! (Unless she was being sarcastic, then fuck her the stuck up baitch lol!)

You got a message, OP? I'd take that as a compliment in itself.

I'm a little insulted. My profile is awesome.

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Not everyone proof reads, or even tries to understand how something they have written could be perceived by the reader.

My Dad said "you drive like a man.". He thought it was the biggest compliment he could pay me. Very sure he did not mean to make me think "Fuck Dad! You are so old school"

You could assume she is crediting you with being a cut above the average man in here.....

OR

You could assume she is insulting you for not being as wordy as a woman.

OR

You can take it as read she is a Domme and is testing you for subserviance.....

OR

And I know this may be a bit out there You could ask her to clarify her intention ?

The thought of someone messaging privately to insult you seems a waste of an insult, although as insults go this one is in the league of pull up your petticoat and run ....run away.

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Fuck!

above and below written by xslux

"Not everyone proof reads, or even tries to understand how something they have written could be perceived by the reader.

My Dad said "you drive like a man.". He thought it was the biggest compliment he could pay me. Very sure he did not mean to make me think "Fuck Dad! You are so old school"

You could assume she is crediting you with being a cut above the average man in here.....

OR

You could assume she is insulting you for not being as wordy as a woman.

OR

You can take it as read she is a Domme and is testing you for subserviance.....

OR

And I know this may be a bit out there You could ask her to clarify her intention ?

The thought of someone messaging privately to insult you seems a waste of an insult, although as insults go this one is in the league of pull up your petticoat and run ....run away."

I think it’s in the same vein as ‘you’re a good driver, for a woman!’

" Its a compliment to you with a well founded criticism of most of the men here! (Unless she was being sarcastic, then fuck her the stuck up baitch lol!)"

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

I love a well crafted backhanded compliment meself.

Just have a chat and you’ll soon see if you’re compatible. Texts can be misconstrued

By *entileschiWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

It's a good profile period.

I have been complimented on my profile, I don't assume it attracted the person.

Accept the compliment and move on.

Why would it influence My decision?

I gave in and read the OP's profile. obviously the woman in question didn't as the first line says not meeting anyone new.

Which raises a whole new discussion, if the OP corresponds with and meets this woman, the credibility of the entire profile comes into question so is this the proverbial apple? if the OP gives in to temptation are we all thrown out of the garden of Fab? Do we need to found an entire new beliefe system where gingers and not women are to blame for the original sin?

its a bloody minefield I tells ya

"I gave in and read the OP's profile. obviously the woman in question didn't as the first line says not meeting anyone new.

Which raises a whole new discussion, if the OP corresponds with and meets this woman, the credibility of the entire profile comes into question so is this the proverbial apple? if the OP gives in to temptation are we all thrown out of the garden of Fab? Do we need to found an entire new beliefe system where gingers and not women are to blame for the original sin?

its a bloody minefield I tells ya "

What about Ginger women?

I don't think you thought this through!

"It's a good profile period."

Thanks, I just hit the buttons on my phone with my cock and that’s what came out, just luck really.

"I have been complimented on my profile, I don't assume it attracted the person.

Accept the compliment and move on."

Never. I will not rest, to I find the answers I seek. I will search over hill and dale, for a resolution to this conundrum we call life.

"its a bloody minefield I tells ya

What about Ginger women?

I don't think you thought this through!"

If anything I think I over thunk' it

Will feeling insulted influence whether you respond to the message or not? Either way it's an invite to chat further.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

This thread and some of the comments made me smile OP

I was tempted to create a 'Backhanded Compliment' thread for the giggles (I know most peeps have a good sense of humour about this kind of thing and don't take it too seriously... But someone would probably take offence at some point and I may end up with a Forum 'holiday'

One of my favourites is, as someone else said previously, 'you look really good... for your age'

The woman who messaged you probably didn't mean it as an insult OP... She was most likely intrigued by finding a well written profile after seeing lots of 'will fill in later' ones (which are usually over a year old, so 'later' never happened ), or text-speak ones.

"Will feeling insulted influence whether you respond to the message or not? Either way it's an invite to chat further."

I wasn’t insulted, I just thought it was funny that the bar is so low for men’s profiles. A hot woman could say anything to me in a message and I’d reply.

that is if the women can be bothered to message you in the first place

By *ick_and_BickerCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"

that is if the women can be bothered to message you in the first place "

Are you blaming women for your lack of success by any chance?

shag her

"

that is if the women can be bothered to message you in the first place "

Oh, plenty message.

By *onyGalWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Backhanded compliment really.

I'm 100% straight, your profile is so good even I want to meet you

I would have thanked her for her observation skills as it is usually a skill best performed by men but she nailed it in that case

"

that is if the women can be bothered to message you in the first place

Are you blaming women for your lack of success by any chance?"

Not blaming anyone apart maybe myself

» Add a new message to this topic