FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ghosting..

Ghosting..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How many of you have come across it?

Can it happen when you aren't dating the person but you talk to them loads and are engaged in sexual activity and making plans?

I feel like I’ve been ghosted recently and it’s felt gutless and mean.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Not been coming on the forums until very recently, but this is a subject I see come up all the time. It's diabolical that some men lack the courage of their convictions.

Just think of how worse you would feel if you found out he had such little character after you did meet and perhaps liked more. Lucky escape for you hun. Hold your head high and ignore them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes it’s happened to me, actually met the person for a social, was making plans for the follow up meet. Lots of sexy talk and pics shared on Kik and suddenly he’s not been on here or Kik. Feels very weird and not nice x

It’s happened to me twice.

All great right up until I get to the place we are supposed to meet then nothing.

I see it as I’ve dodged a bullet, can be annoying though!

Yes, intense conversations that just end with no explanation. It was a little confusing at first, though I know can appear to go quiet for no reason, so figure either someone is going to open up about is happening or disappear completely.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"It’s happened to me twice.

All great right up until I get to the place we are supposed to meet then nothing.

I see it as I’ve dodged a bullet, can be annoying though! "

Sorry

I don't get why guys do this

I just hope it comes back to haunt them

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

Yep. Hard to not take it personally when everything is going well and then nothing.

Was stood up myself on Saturday by someone verified, seemed lovely but obviously got a better offer

When I first joined I got chatting to a girl I thought was perfect for me...we chatted for weeks and weeks. The day before we were due to meet she said she was ill so could we rearrange. No problem. Then her messages started getting fewer and then she deleted her kik account and left FAB.

I wasted 2 months on that person and I still don’t know what happened. She had about 5 verifications too so wasn’t some guy pretending.

So now I make sure I speak to a few people so if one goes I’m not left with nothing.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

It goes both ways, women do it to guys all the time too, usually means someone they see as better has caught their eye. It would be nice to be told rather than blanked but people are cowards. It's not just a fab thing, people do it all the time in the real world too

"Yep. Hard to not take it personally when everything is going well and then nothing.

Was stood up myself on Saturday by someone verified, seemed lovely but obviously got a better offer "

Standing people up is the worse, I get people can get nervous or have second thoughts but we are all grown ups here

"When I first joined I got chatting to a girl I thought was perfect for me...we chatted for weeks and weeks. The day before we were due to meet she said she was ill so could we rearrange. No problem. Then her messages started getting fewer and then she deleted her kik account and left FAB.

I wasted 2 months on that person and I still don’t know what happened. She had about 5 verifications too so wasn’t some guy pretending.

So now I make sure I speak to a few people so if one goes I’m not left with nothing. "

Ha this made me laugh. Do you tell the next one down that they were second choice though!?

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"When I first joined I got chatting to a girl I thought was perfect for me...we chatted for weeks and weeks. The day before we were due to meet she said she was ill so could we rearrange. No problem. Then her messages started getting fewer and then she deleted her kik account and left FAB.

So now I make sure I speak to a few people so if one goes I’m not left with nothing. "

Sadly even verifications aren't always a cast iron guarantee, as they can actually be quite easily faked once you have one - not saying that was the case here, and appreciate the frustration after that amount of time has been spent messaging.

Sadly Fab throws these mysteries our way at times and you just have to shrug your shoulders and move on, otherwise it'll drive you nuts.

Honestly this happens when a fuck buddy or friend with benefits starts getting feelings.....

It’s a polite way of saying..... I enjoy having sex with you but I need space.....

Bradford

See where some get their name from!

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Wow, you've been physically stood up twice?! Madness.

I don't get why guys do this

I just hope it comes back to haunt them "

I believe for some they simply like the thrill of it & thinking about what *could* happen, then they bottle it last minute.

I’ve had it happen before, and guys have come back days later to apologise and blame “nerves” and ask for a second chance. If someone’s nervous it’s best to tell the other person rather make them waste time or money.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"It goes both ways, women do it to guys all the time too, usually means someone they see as better has caught their eye. It would be nice to be told rather than blanked but people are cowards. It's not just a fab thing, people do it all the time in the real world too "

Yeah especially internet dating sites too.

Wow, you've been physically stood up twice?! Madness. "

I have!

This is why I’m very wary & very picky with who I speak to on here now, and haven’t met anyone yet.

I have!

This is why I’m very wary & very picky with who I speak to on here now, and haven’t met anyone yet. "

Wow,your new pics are stunning

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I have!

This is why I’m very wary & very picky with who I speak to on here now, and haven’t met anyone yet. "

Their loss!

I have!

This is why I’m very wary & very picky with who I speak to on here now, and haven’t met anyone yet.

Wow,your new pics are stunning"

Ah, thank you!

X

Bradford

I have!

Ah, thank you!

X "

Agreed... wow lady... nothing to fret over.

It happens a lot, not just on dating sites. Both men and women do it. Its cruel and spineless imo

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Be careful of the person who sees the whole process as " investing time".

He will go to any lengths for an outcome for that time (whatever it takes).

Sometimes we see the true person before and the ghosting its a lucky escape its better than being put in a position you maybe don't feel comfortable but carry on because you feel guilty or that you should.

I'm sorry OP for your experiance but onwards and upwards

I have!

Ah, thank you!

X

Agreed... wow lady... nothing to fret over."

Thank you!

X

I have!

Ah, thank you!

X

Thank you!

X"

You’re beautiful lady. Love the new pics. I wanna go on holiday x

By *arkme4lifeWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Ghosting is cowardly and disrespectful. And happens everywhere.

Worse when you consider them a friend

By *orny IrishMan  over a year ago

Rural Wiltshire

This sucks and is not very nice but there seems to be a few abiyt doing it.

By *parksAbiWoman  over a year ago

Anywhere I like

"Ghosting is cowardly and disrespectful. And happens everywhere.

Worse when you consider them a friend"

I have!

Ah, thank you!

X

Thank you!

X

You’re beautiful lady. Love the new pics. I wanna go on holiday x"

Thank you very much! I’m feeling the love haha!

The holiday was amazing, was absolute hell coming back to the cold though! Only downside to a autumn/winter holiday! x

I have!

Ah, thank you!

X

Thank you!

X

You’re beautiful lady. Love the new pics. I wanna go on holiday x

Thank you very much! I’m feeling the love haha!

The holiday was amazing, was absolute hell coming back to the cold though! Only downside to a autumn/winter holiday! x"

Oh god I bet it was! Temperature has really dipped now too . I want my flip flops back!

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

We've been stood up loads of times...One guy rang and chatted with me (C) every day for about a fortnight. ..then just never turned up at the meet.

Even had one guy message. .just leaving, see you in an hour. Then never turned up at the hotel and disappeared on here and WhatsApp.

It's difficult not to take it personally.

Xx

To me, ghosting is when you've already met up a few times then never hear from them again, rather than someone just stopping chatting on here. It's shit when it happens, especially when emotions have been invested

Bradford

"We've been stood up loads of times...One guy rang and chatted with me (C) every day for about a fortnight. ..then just never turned up at the meet.

Even had one guy message. .just leaving, see you in an hour. Then never turned up at the hotel and disappeared on here and WhatsApp.

It's difficult not to take it personally.

Xx"

There are truely some idiotic people on here!

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Thank you.

"How many of you have come across it?

Can it happen when you aren't dating the person but you talk to them loads and are engaged in sexual activity and making plans?

I feel like I’ve been ghosted recently and it’s felt gutless and mean. "

I had a 'friend' like that who didn't actually disappear but he avoided me and wouldn't talk to me for months. He made me feel worthless.

I eventually told him exactly how he made me feel and he finally agreed to meet and talk. He apologised for treating me so badly and he's talking normally to me again, which I find really weird. It makes me feel crap.

Don't feel bad OP, they are not worth feeling crap about. Real friends care about you and wouldn't disappear.

The other possibility is that they developed feelings for you and so had to make a clean break. X

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

You'll probably find they'll get back in touch in about 6 months time like nothing has happened. You can then tell them to f*ck off.

Happens all the time - a lot of people seem to enjoy the attention, titillation and flattery and then seem to get cold feet regarding meeting, stop responding to messages, then disappear.

I can see that is very natural - conversation has got to a point where the only thing left to do is meet. Some people are not as brave in reality as they are typing over the internet. I think they then get embarrassed, or scared and leave.

For other ghosts, maybe their circumstances simply change and they move on (without the courtesy of an explanation).

"Not been coming on the forums until very recently, but this is a subject I see come up all the time. It's diabolical that some men lack the courage of their convictions.

Just think of how worse you would feel if you found out he had such little character after you did meet and perhaps liked more. Lucky escape for you hun. Hold your head high and ignore them. "

It is not only men who do that

Never

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Happens all the time - a lot of people seem to enjoy the attention, titillation and flattery and then seem to get cold feet regarding meeting, stop responding to messages, then disappear.

I can see that is very natural - conversation has got to a point where the only thing left to do is meet. Some people are not as brave in reality as they are typing over the internet. I think they then get embarrassed, or scared and leave.

For other ghosts, maybe their circumstances simply change and they move on (without the courtesy of an explanation)."

I thought ghosting is when you've actually met the person.

Bradford

I had a 'friend' like that who didn't actually disappear but he avoided me and wouldn't talk to me for months. He made me feel worthless.

I eventually told him exactly how he made me feel and he finally agreed to meet and talk. He apologised for treating me so badly and he's talking normally to me again, which I find really weird. It makes me feel crap.

Don't feel bad OP, they are not worth feeling crap about. Real friends care about you and wouldn't disappear.

The other possibility is that they developed feelings for you and so had to make a clean break. X"

Why would you agree to meet him? He wasn't worth the effort. All I can think is that he got under your skin.

"Happens all the time - a lot of people seem to enjoy the attention, titillation and flattery and then seem to get cold feet regarding meeting, stop responding to messages, then disappear.

For other ghosts, maybe their circumstances simply change and they move on (without the courtesy of an explanation).

I thought ghosting is when you've actually met the person."

People don’t seem to grasp this point......

Ghosting is only done after meeting someone....

Zombing is only done after meeting someone also.....

If you have never met a person and only chatted online.... this is not ghosting....

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

If you have never met a person and only chatted online.... this is not ghosting...."

Is that breadcrumbing?

If you have never met a person and only chatted online.... this is not ghosting...."

There are quite a few meanings online actually...

This is one;

“Ghosting is an online term that can have at least two meanings

First:

Ghosting can mean the viewing of a stream/streamer for the purpose of gaining information that could be used to gain an advantage against them (no matter if they're a team or an individual)

Second:

Ghosting can mean the shutdown/ceasing of communication with someone without notice. This can include but doesn't always require the closing or shutting down of social media accounts or ports of contact such as email addresses or phone numbers.”

So some will have a different view of ghosting to others. Either way, ceasing contact with people you’ve been speaking to without explanation or warning is a shit thing to do.

The other possibility is that they developed feelings for you and so had to make a clean break. X

Why would you agree to meet him? He wasn't worth the effort. All I can think is that he got under your skin. "

Good question. Because I'm an idiot. He even said himself that he was surprised I was still speaking to him after how he'd treated me.

If you have never met a person and only chatted online.... this is not ghosting....

Is that breadcrumbing? "

Yes ..... breadcrumbing can be zombing....

It’s basically responding to text infrequently....

Bradford

Why would you agree to meet him? He wasn't worth the effort. All I can think is that he got under your skin.

Good question. Because I'm an idiot. He even said himself that he was surprised I was still speaking to him after how he'd treated me. "

He must look like George Clooney or you did fall for him a little.. Or you are just a nice lady.

Good question. Because I'm an idiot. He even said himself that he was surprised I was still speaking to him after how he'd treated me.

He must look like George Clooney or you did fall for him a little.. Or you are just a nice lady. "

None of the above. He made me feel crap but I wouldn't let him get away with treating me like that. He apologised so now we're speaking again because it's better that way for me.

I've currently got this going on with someone I've met a few times...it's a bit of a headfuck

Bradford

He must look like George Clooney or you did fall for him a little.. Or you are just a nice lady.

None of the above. He made me feel crap but I wouldn't let him get away with treating me like that. He apologised so now we're speaking again because it's better that way for me."

So you are a nice lady and level headed. x

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for all the replies. I had a week off here altogether and felt better for it.

Is that breadcrumbing?

It’s basically responding to text infrequently...."

Fascinating that people feel the need to be so precise, when definition is not the problem.

Is that breadcrumbing?

Fascinating that people feel the need to be so precise, when definition is not the problem."

If we don’t have precise and clear communication.... we will be savage beast .

I’ve had this from a few I thought were good friends. It’s quite horrible, but that’s how life is. We pass through lots of lives as we live our own, and some pass through ours too.

Hopefully they realise how much they positively influenced me, even if they think less of me.

But ghosting is a pretty awe full way to end a ‘good’ friendship.

By *olfAndKittenCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Been ghosted a few times through other relationships, it sucks big time. You do learn to look for signs though.

I thought ghosting is when you've actually met the person."

That's what I thought. Conversations will come to a natural end. I assume that every woman I chat to is probably chatting to many other men and don't expect her to always reply.

If she went quiet immediately before or after a meet I thought that was ghosting?

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Is that breadcrumbing?

Fascinating that people feel the need to be so precise, when definition is not the problem.

If we don’t have precise and clear communication.... we will be savage beast ."

True, there is no excuse for it. It is cowardly! Have some balls and don't mess with peoples feelings.

its awful.

"Been ghosted a few times through other relationships, it sucks big time. You do learn to look for signs though.

"

I now just ghost them right back...

I still don't know wtf it is and whether I've done it or not? I'm thinking not as I chat to several ladies on occasion, not a continuous dialogue and none of them have mentioned it.

Yup had it twice recently

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I think I unintentionally do the breadcrumbing thing

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I was Ghosted a couple of times but I don't mind if it's in chat stage because it means that there obviously isn't a good connection there.

I get pissed off if an arranged meet doesn't show and blocks/goes unlos to hide from you. That's just shitty manners. Obviously it means you dodged a bullet too tho...

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Honestly this happens when a fuck buddy or friend with benefits starts getting feelings.....

It’s a polite way of saying..... I enjoy having sex with you but I need space....."

Nothing polite about it, it's a totally gutless way to end things.

...Up on the Downs

"I still don't know wtf it is and whether I've done it or not? I'm thinking not as I chat to several ladies on occasion, not a continuous dialogue and none of them have mentioned it."

IMO, if you have been talking consistently or intensely for a period and/or met, and then communication ceases without word and they do not answer a text or two asking why - then that is ghosting. It is a deliberate decision to refuse to communicate.

We all let conversations drift, but that is not the same thing.

"I still don't know wtf it is and whether I've done it or not? I'm thinking not as I chat to several ladies on occasion, not a continuous dialogue and none of them have mentioned it.

IMO, if you have been talking consistently or intensely for a period and/or met, and then communication ceases without word and they do not answer a text or two asking why - then that is ghosting. It is a deliberate decision to refuse to communicate.

We all let conversations drift, but that is not the same thing."

this is correct. ive been on the end of this type of behaviour. im sure plenty others have too.

"I still don't know wtf it is and whether I've done it or not? I'm thinking not as I chat to several ladies on occasion, not a continuous dialogue and none of them have mentioned it.

We all let conversations drift, but that is not the same thing."

I think I'm good then. They are all far too sensible to actually meet me, but seem happy to chat. I did have one short conversation with a lady who actually contacted me first, and the next day I got a snarky message and a block because she messaged late at night and I didn't pick it up until the next day! ffs..

"Honestly this happens when a fuck buddy or friend with benefits starts getting feelings.....

It’s a polite way of saying..... I enjoy having sex with you but I need space.....

Nothing polite about it, it's a totally gutless way to end things."

Awww welcome to the joys of the internet.....

People will learn how to take subtle hints..... or will be left with hurt feelings.....

It’s a brave new world

only thing you can do is put it down to experience. you learn from it and move on.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve been in situations where conversations have stopped mid flow. On one occasion they did get back but their father had taken ill.

On another occasion they disappeared for months. Their son had been taken seriously ill and then he lost a relative.

Whilst the cessation of messaging and deleting of profiles may seem rude and cold there can be perfectly reasonable reasons for their actions.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Yes it’s happened to me too but I’m going to be very gracious about it ...

An absolutely lovely guy I met a few times but ghosted me. I don’t hold a grudge, we are still on each other’s veri list. We had some great moments together but he moves on after a while. I’m pleased to have been one of the chosen few (although amongst some dubious ones! )

Yeah that kinda happened to me before. I no longer display my veris because of it

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Happened me lately....gutless...but it seems the way its going

...Up on the Downs

People will learn how to take subtle hints..... or will be left with hurt feelings.....

It’s a brave new world "

Bullshit, it's got nothing to do with people not taking subtle hints in most cases, it comes totally out of the blue.

I was chatting to a young man who had been dating a girl he really liked - highly qualified, she was a very intelligent lawyer, beautiful, charming, etc, etc.

They slept together, he thought he as falling for her, they slept together again.......and then he told me he was thinking of ghosting her because whilst he was crazy about her, bottom line she was Polynesian and he wanted his babies to look like him. He thought it was the 'kindest' thing to do as he didn't want her to know she was rejected on racial grounds.

I begged him to reconsider and told him it was one of the cruelest things he could ever do, the poor girl could spend years wondering what she had done wrong, but I guess that's what he did, because we never chatted again.

Ghosting is a gutless result of pure cowardice.

It’s a brave new world

Bullshit, it's got nothing to do with people not taking subtle hints in most cases, it comes totally out of the blue.

I was chatting to a young man who had been dating a girl he really liked - highly qualified, she was a very intelligent lawyer, beautiful, charming, etc, etc.

They slept together, he thought he as falling for her, they slept together again.......and then he told me he was thinking of ghosting her because whilst he was crazy about her, bottom line she was Polynesian and he wanted his babies to look like him. He thought it was the 'kindest' thing to do as he didn't want her to know she was rejected on racial grounds.

I begged him to reconsider and told him it was one of the cruelest things he could ever do, the poor girl could spend years wondering what she had done wrong, but I guess that's what he did, because we never chatted again.

"

Bloody hell!! What an absolute bleep. She's much better off without someone like that.

Fuck's sake, what the fuck is wrong with some people??!

By *ookingforfun9970Man  over a year ago

nearby

Happens quite often here! Had it a few times either getting ghosted or blocked just before the planned meet

Yup, me too.

Two months of fairly intense contact and meetings, discussions about the future, then absolutely nothing. Phone turned off, Fab account set to 'hidden' and untouched for three weeks. Bizarre behaviour.

You just have to move on. Their loss.

"Yup, me too.

Two months of fairly intense contact and meetings, discussions about the future, then absolutely nothing. Phone turned off, Fab account set to 'hidden' and untouched for three weeks. Bizarre behaviour.

You just have to move on. Their loss. "

this is it. they have made a decision. nothing you can do. we would all prefer an explanation to why then i guess you have some closure.

then on the other hand if someone told you why you could have a situation where the other party keeps dragging the conversation on looking for reasons.

i dont like it. i dont do it. because people feel used and like shit.

thats not how i want people to feel who have met me.

i know its swinging, we all know that.

but we are still human and we dont have an on off switch to control emotions.

its happened to me, i know how it feels.

so please dont do it.

I cant see it really being an issue for single ladies on here, dont you lot get hundreds of messages a day?

Hillside desolate

I cant see it really being an issue for single ladies on here, dont you lot get hundreds of messages a day? "

No, but why would that mean ghosting wasn't an issue?

By *ackD9Man  over a year ago

shropshire

It happens and it’s annoying as fuck, but nothing you can do. I’ve chatted to several women, got on really well, our interests seem to align perfectly - and then they’ve just disappeared, or blocked me, without warning. It’s a lot worse on mainstream dating apps than on here, so far, but I’ve had it happen twice since I’ve been on fab and I haven’t been here long!

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I cant see it really being an issue for single ladies on here, dont you lot get hundreds of messages a day? "

Yes, mostly from fools. How does that make it ok for someone you're seeing to disappear without so much as a goobye?

By *i explorer and steveMan  over a year ago

Boston and Higham Ferrers

We have had this several times annoying

Who ya gonna call?

Grantham

"Who ya gonna call? "

Bill Murray?

"Who ya gonna call?

Bill Murray?"

hes busy today keeps reliving the same day

Not ghosted but one text message and then he vanished. We had been seeing each other since summer. We were I thought in a great place.

While it's hurt me far more than I care to admit,it's made me strengthen my gaurds and I will be stronger.

"I cant see it really being an issue for single ladies on here, dont you lot get hundreds of messages a day?

Yes, mostly from fools. How does that make it ok for someone you're seeing to disappear without so much as a goobye? "

Well i suppose the issue is still there but for whatever reason some people flake all the time. Sure its never nice to invest your time into someone only for them to vanish but thats kinda the nature of cyberchat unfortunately. Even the identified are the unknown. better that happen before you meet them to save yourself a ballache. Plenty more of others out there to potencially befriend.

It's happened to me. Chatted on here, texted, phoned. Then went to meet up in a bar. Sat there then got a text " Sucker ". So now I just chat to a few people on here. If something comes of it all very well. If not then I have not wasted anybodys time. Mine included.

It's a shame how some people get their kicks.

Hillside desolate

"It's happened to me. Chatted on here, texted, phoned. Then went to meet up in a bar. Sat there then got a text " Sucker ". So now I just chat to a few people on here. If something comes of it all very well. If not then I have not wasted anybodys time. Mine included.

It's a shame how some people get their kicks."

That's really nasty

"It's happened to me. Chatted on here, texted, phoned. Then went to meet up in a bar. Sat there then got a text " Sucker ". So now I just chat to a few people on here. If something comes of it all very well. If not then I have not wasted anybodys time. Mine included.

That's not ghosting but that is seriously nasty!!

I cant see it really being an issue for single ladies on here, dont you lot get hundreds of messages a day? "

Its still a issue. I've had it twice in a couple of months. It makes you feel so worthless at the time

By *entish79Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

It’s a pretty shitty thing to do really, especially when it’s so easy to just send a message, even if it’s just to say ‘sorry, I got cold feet...’

I’ve not really been ghosted, but some chats have made it from here to something like KIK, and just petered out surprisingly quickly.

Had one no show earlier in the year, with no contact in the day, which wasn’t great. We did chat a bit more after that, before she decided she was going to meet someone else instead, which was fair enough really, and we stopped chatting.

That was a few months ago, and then just a couple of weeks ago something which never happens on the internet happened.... she messaged me to apologise, and we’ve got chatting again, and might have a meet after all.

I cant see it really being an issue for single ladies on here, dont you lot get hundreds of messages a day?

Its still a issue. I've had it twice in a couple of months. It makes you feel so worthless at the time "

Mm ik the feeling, I get many that ghost me after a healthy build up. I can only assume they found someone else and don't have the integrity to let me know. It happens fairly often so I shrug it off and move on. Ive found and befriended a few amazing people by going through light-hearted, carefree and with little expectations. Not to mistake that with standards, they're always up. Just funnily enough the good ones tend to pop up when i least care.

In my experience the ghosts are like boomerangs, you think you're done, then up they pop again weeks/months later

It's usually a thanks, no thanks.

"It’s a pretty shitty thing to do really, especially when it’s so easy to just send a message, even if it’s just to say ‘sorry, I got cold feet...’

I’ve not really been ghosted, but some chats have made it from here to something like KIK, and just petered out surprisingly quickly.

Had one no show earlier in the year, with no contact in the day, which wasn’t great. We did chat a bit more after that, before she decided she was going to meet someone else instead, which was fair enough really, and we stopped chatting.

That was a few months ago, and then just a couple of weeks ago something which never happens on the internet happened.... she messaged me to apologise, and we’ve got chatting again, and might have a meet after all. "

I love a happy ending!

By *entish79Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Thanks... hopefully it’s second time lucky!

Grantham

"but thats kinda the nature of cyberchat unfortunately. Even the identified are the unknown. better that happen before you meet them to save yourself a ballache. Plenty more of others out there to potencially befriend. "

I’m aware that’s how it works and was not talking about guys who chat. I mean ones you’re seeing, talking to, spending time with. And then nothing. It happens and I get on with my life. But just because there’s lots of guys on Fab doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be nice to at least have had a goodbye.

Grantham

"In my experience the ghosts are like boomerangs, you think you're done, then up they pop again weeks/months later

It's usually a thanks, no thanks. "

This is so true

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

That's an awful thing to do to such a lovely guy.

That's an awful thing to do to such a lovely guy. "

Wow can’t believe some of the things I read on here. Why are people so nasty!

Yep it’s happened to me recently.

Wow can’t believe some of the things I read on here. Why are people so nasty! "

You do not wake up one morning a bad person. It happens by a thousand tiny surrenders of self-respect to self-interest.

I think the trouble is there are so many fakes on here now, that many using it just to get their rocks off.

I was on here a few years ago and the site was definitely more genuine.

If you have arranged a meet then talk to them before you actually meet...so then really you only have yourself to blame if you fall for one of the fakes

Spooky

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I've had it with new meets and regular people in the past. Now it's one strike and out.

People disappear for many reasons ,maybe they are married and spouse has found out,or they got so many abusive messages from other dabbers they decided to leave,or u have said something that has made them nervous or suddenly think your not right for them ,just move on you can't know all the facts and find someone who wants to meet for real

...Up on the Downs

Wow can’t believe some of the things I read on here. Why are people so nasty!

You do not wake up one morning a bad person. It happens by a thousand tiny surrenders of self-respect to self-interest.

"

Very insightful.

Wow can’t believe some of the things I read on here. Why are people so nasty! "

has that happen too woman and her partner watched me search for fictional house in dark for 30 mins while denying they could see me and ignoring call for her to come find me or step out in street

It’s a brave new world

"

You can choose to live in the world you want, or you can live in the real world....

Ghosting is the new normal, you can adapt and save yourself hurt or hope people will want closure at the end of a relationship...

Wow can’t believe some of the things I read on here. Why are people so nasty! has that happen too woman and her partner watched me search for fictional house in dark for 30 mins while denying they could see me and ignoring call for her to come find me or step out in street"

Blimey. Do you talk to people for a while first though or do you just do random meets? I guess that can make a difference. I reckon if someone stood me up or did anything nasty like that I’d hunt them down! I’d probably leave here. I couldn’t be doing with that it’s just nasty!

Past caring. Move on, stuff them.

what makes life difficult.

people.

Our ghosting rate is about 60% after 1 week, about 95% after 3.

It's infuriating but it's the nature of the game

Oh yeah i've been ghosted on probably 95% time. Most people are just gutless and mean, to be honest. That's the world.

Yet to be proven otherwise.

Yep. Twice. Same guy. Goes by the name of fuckwit