what are they?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I couldnt live with even one person again and im sure noone could live with me

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Last time i tried, the bugger bit my todger.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"what are they?"

The sexuality referred to as poly, polyamory, or "being poly", is the acceptance of the potential for multiple loving partners within relationships.

This may include sexual partners.

Polyamorous relationships are not "cheating", but mutual love and honesty in relations that are not monogamous.

The bases of such relationships are love, stability, compatibility, peace and personal and relationship honesty.

Polyamory does not accept secret lovers: this is cheating by poly as well as monogamous standards

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"what are they?

The sexuality referred to as poly, polyamory, or "being poly", is the acceptance of the potential for multiple loving partners within relationships.

This may include sexual partners.

Polyamorous relationships are not "cheating", but mutual love and honesty in relations that are not monogamous.

The bases of such relationships are love, stability, compatibility, peace and personal and relationship honesty.

Polyamory does not accept secret lovers: this is cheating by poly as well as monogamous standards"

I dont do relationships very well to start with. I say ive only ever truely been in love twice. The other times was like a very strong liking(i can say with hindsight) I couldnt imagine having the same feelings for someone at the same time as i do for jay. I truelly believe he is my soulmate, which is a word i used to laugh of as daft until i met him. So if, i was to be in such relationship i dont see how everything could be equal. Is it possible to love two people equally in every sense of the word, or would you favour one over the other if it came to having to make a choice

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Na one naggers enough xx

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"they seem to be becoming more 'popular'

what's your take on them ?"

i have,at times, described myself as poly. i am able to love more than one person,and have compared it before to being a parent i love both my son, the love for one does not diminish the love for another.

However many on the poly scene are simply too posh to swing.They are actually non monogamous, but swinging has connotations they dont like.

That said poly people i know see me as being in a poly relationship, its a very broad label...and like all labels only makes sense if you know the way the person applying it uses it.

Can poly relationships work...of course,if every participant is looking for the same thing. But thats the same as any relationship.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"Na one naggers enough xx"

...and Mother in Law

"Na one naggers enough xx

...and Mother in Law "

Ive always got on wi all(2) my mother in laws

It was their daughters i had trouble wi xx

Not interested, wouldn't want to share my man with anyone that's if I had one

It wouldn't work for me. I can't imagine living with anyone again let alone someones!

By *ecret MomentsCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Love my man to bits and that's enough for me xxx

It certainly has it's attractions, but I don't think I could cope with more than 1 special in my life! And I'd be concerned that the others might take the 'edge' off the special!

Sorry, makes sense to me!

hexham

People seem to assume that poly households all live together...thats very rare..

perhaps it might be easier to describe without the label.

i know several women on here who have a best girlfriend...more than a fuck buddy,a best friend they fuck..there husbands/partners are the person they live with,but this other has a very special place in their live...

i have never seen anyone on here with any problem with this

hexham

"It certainly has it's attractions, but I don't think I could cope with more than 1 special in my life! And I'd be concerned that the others might take the 'edge' off the special!

Sorry, makes sense to me!

"

i just see there as being more than one type of special...

i could cope 2 or 3 all ages , lol ok two men younger .. we would party everynight or just get into our lovely big bed and me in middle , lol

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

As the male of the profile i can say hand on heart i will never want another lady like the better half. Absolutely wonderful. Definate soulmate. My dreamgirl. This extra curricular too proves this. Seeing her enjoy herself with others and being enjoyed tops it off.

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

what's your take on them ?

i have,at times, described myself as poly. i am able to love more than one person,and have compared it before to being a parent i love both my son, the love for one does not diminish the love for another.

However many on the poly scene are simply too posh to swing.They are actually non monogamous, but swinging has connotations they dont like.

That said poly people i know see me as being in a poly relationship, its a very broad label...and like all labels only makes sense if you know the way the person applying it uses it.

Can poly relationships work...of course,if every participant is looking for the same thing. But thats the same as any relationship."

Polyamory is like atheism - it's the people who profess it to all and sundry who are the problem...

Just doing it is no problem at all..

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

what's your take on them ?"

Polyamorous relationships??? Is that where a parrot starts to get frisky... I finfd a blanket over the cage usually puts a stop to any feathered friskiness

winning

hexham

Can poly relationships work...of course,if every participant is looking for the same thing. But thats the same as any relationship.

Polyamory is like atheism - it's the people who profess it to all and sundry who are the problem...

Just doing it is no problem at all.."

Which is why i no longer post on poly groups...like Dawkins and Christianity they tend to be the best argument for monogomy ever

I think they can and do work...

My master and I are actively looking for a 3rd... But I'd not love equally... My master is always above others...

My master is my soul mate And man I was born to be with.. but both capable of loving others too..

It can work as we found but takes a lot of communication...

I think it should be more acceptable... But then I think that about many things.

Cali x

I've known a few we could both happily live with and be a family with...

but only Dev gets my last rolo

Wolf

Polyamorous relationships??? Is that where a parrot starts to get frisky... I finfd a blanket over the cage usually puts a stop to any feathered friskiness"

Polyamorous relationships.... Find them refreshingly honest.... Even jealousy is dealt with through conversation.... Nothing to hide as it is all out there and no one to blame..... Love all of them!!! Ebony.

[Removed by poster at 24/09/12 10:57:29]

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Polyamorous relationships.... Find them refreshingly honest.... Even jealousy is dealt with through conversation.... Nothing to hide as it is all out there and no one to blame..... Love all of them!!! Ebony. "
When they work they can work out great I agree with you! Not everybody can cope with this non conventional way of being in relationships

By *reybearMan  over a year ago

medway

I'm in one.

The wife found (through our playing) that she enjoyed it more when there was an attraction and started looking for guys that she could have some kind of a relationship with as well, someone to chat on here or MSN, send the occasional text etc. She met a guy on her own for a social meet and called me to ask if it was OK to play despite it being outside our rules as he was unsure about how he could perform in a threesome. I said it was OK and it kind of went on from there, we have played together occasionally but the missus and he do actually have a loving relationship as well as playing. I am absolutely fine with it because my wife obviously has a lot of love to share and our relationship has not diminished because of it, they only meet when I'm at work or not around and as I introduced the whole idea of playing to her in the first place one could say it was down to me in the first place. The only time I would say that it has been a problem is when they were going through a 'bad patch' and I could do nothing to console her

"I'm in one.

The wife found (through our playing) that she enjoyed it more when there was an attraction and started looking for guys that she could have some kind of a relationship with as well, someone to chat on here or MSN, send the occasional text etc. She met a guy on her own for a social meet and called me to ask if it was OK to play despite it being outside our rules as he was unsure about how he could perform in a threesome. I said it was OK and it kind of went on from there, we have played together occasionally but the missus and he do actually have a loving relationship as well as playing. I am absolutely fine with it because my wife obviously has a lot of love to share and our relationship has not diminished because of it, they only meet when I'm at work or not around and as I introduced the whole idea of playing to her in the first place one could say it was down to me in the first place. The only time I would say that it has been a problem is when they were going through a 'bad patch' and I could do nothing to console her "

That sounds really good - except for the last bit? I dont think polygamy would be for me but I have the utmost respect for anybody who manages several relationships without tons of problems. Really interesting.

By *damandeve4funCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

If you are interested in poly relationships, you should read "The Ethical Slut", an excellent book that can also help new swingers cope with our style of living.

I think the idea of poly relationships is great, But, while I love seeing my partner having sex with others, I am not sure how I would cope if my girlfriend also "loved" another man...a woman would be less of a threat in my mind.

Anyway, I have met poly people in all different kinds of relationship situations.

There was one couple where she considered herself lesbian but married the only guy she ever felt sexually attracted to. He was totally monogamous but realised that she needed female love and sex. So she had several female lovers she visited at weekends.

There was another couple who were in a primary relationship together, but they each had one secondary (hetero) relationship. These secondary partners rarely met the primary partners - and there was no swinging involved.

Another was a woman who shared her home with two men. Her primary partner, with whom she shared a bed. And a secondary partner, who was more like a lodger that she loved and had sex with. Sometimes it was 1-2-1, sometimes all three in the same bed.

So there is a great diversity of poly relationships...

There is no reason why we should be restricted to simple man lives with woman, or man lives with man, woman lives with woman type relationships. Unless, of course, that is your preference.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

The Ethical Slut is a good read.

I read Sex at Dawn last year - a little simplistic but then it suited me

And another on family groupings but I can't recall the name.

"If you are interested in poly relationships, you should read "The Ethical Slut", an excellent book that can also help new swingers cope with our style of living.

I think the idea of poly relationships is great, But, while I love seeing my partner having sex with others, I am not sure how I would cope if my girlfriend also "loved" another man...a woman would be less of a threat in my mind.

Anyway, I have met poly people in all different kinds of relationship situations.

There was one couple where she considered herself lesbian but married the only guy she ever felt sexually attracted to. He was totally monogamous but realised that she needed female love and sex. So she had several female lovers she visited at weekends.

There was another couple who were in a primary relationship together, but they each had one secondary (hetero) relationship. These secondary partners rarely met the primary partners - and there was no swinging involved.

Another was a woman who shared her home with two men. Her primary partner, with whom she shared a bed. And a secondary partner, who was more like a lodger that she loved and had sex with. Sometimes it was 1-2-1, sometimes all three in the same bed.

So there is a great diversity of poly relationships...

There is no reason why we should be restricted to simple man lives with woman, or man lives with man, woman lives with woman type relationships. Unless, of course, that is your preference."

Ireally do find this so interesting. I wonder whether one individual, male or female can ever fully meet the needs of one other. So from that stance polyamoury seems to offer an interesting alternative?

» Add a new message to this topic