FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Catfishing

Catfishing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opsy71 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

OK so I've recently had a very unpleasant experience on here of basically being catfished.

The person in question lied about everything name, location, marital status everything and we spoke and messaged for well over 2 months so I'm not just talking me being a little naive here, I'm talking huge fecking whopping lies.

However, the catfish hasn't been as clever as they first thought and I've managed to find out everything about them.

Im now in a quandry, do I contact them in real life so to speak and expose them for all their lies and deceit and basically blow them out of the water? ?? Or do I chalk it up to experience and let sleeping catfish lie?

I'd love your thoughts on this...

Let me be very clear here I'm not being holier than thou here I don't care who uses this site or their reasons I do care however that we treat each other with respect and be honest with each other.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Forget it, chalk it up to experience.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No. Walk away and forget it. I would.

Forget it, block and move on. Why waste any more of your time?!

Happens a lot.

Sorry you experienced this and I hope it hasn't clouded your judgement of men.

We not all like that.

Id agree, chalk it up as a bad experience. If you confront him it might come back to haunt you.

By *adyinred696969Couple  over a year ago

Brecon

I'd drop a few juicy details of his vanilla life into a message to him on here, make him sweat for a little, and get an apology off him.

Is confronting them actually going to achieve anything helpful, in a few days once the frustration at time and emotional energy wasted is gone you'll probably just wish you'd never spoken to them. Chalk it down to an idiot and experience xx

Do you think there is anything to achieve in confronting them?

It won't change the past, give you back time invested etc.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Depends on what this contact was? Just flirty messages?A relationship?

From What you've said it was just chat. In that case just leave it.

It's never nice to be lied to OP, especially to such an extent you have experienced. I would say be the bigger person and walk away with dignity. All the best x

Even though you were lied to in the worst way, be the bigger person and forget it

Getting vindictive helps no one

By *nsatiable Needy BratWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

Put it down to experience. As much as it sucks to be treated as you have nothing good will come from it. Block him without another word spoken and let it go. If you find that too hard simply send a message saying that you know he's a bullshitter and you aren't interested in talking anymore then block him. Don't let him waste another moment of your time.

Don't let his deplorable behaviour make you cynical of others either. He may be a fantasist but as I'm sure you're aware not everyone on here is like that.

I would move on. At least you know before getting in deeper. Id be angry too but would like to think I would be the bigger person and move on. Their loss I'm sure.

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

Forget it and move on...... its just another unpleasant life experience

Sorry to hear that OP, I can imagine it’s been very upsetting. Blowing it out of the water will only cause HUGE drama, it could get incredibly unpleasant and messy. I’d personally let him know privately what you know, block and move on.

But I know it’s always a fine line between knowing how to warn others or let them find out for themselves, I’ve wrestled with that dilemma recently and reported to admin who appear to have done nothing, so I’ve left it at that and moved on. So in your case it might also be a good idea to move on and chalk it down to experience too.

Good luck in whatever you choose!

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Move on, walk away. Maybe a discrete message to say you know who he really is.

Glad that's not happening to me though. I know this Mila Kunis from la is real.

There are loads of fabstraight / fabsingle guys on here and fabguys.

On fabguys if you put ‘no married guys’ on your profile you will get at least a few doing the message and block thing about how nasty and vile and judgy you are.

By *itzhallMan  over a year ago

birchington

Let him know that you have caught him out otherwise he may try to do the same thing to others(if he hasn't already)

Just walk away. Why cause unnecessary drama. I expect that you can't truly be shocked that people lie so much on here.

Onwards and upwards OP.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"OK so I've recently had a very unpleasant experience on here of basically being catfished.

The person in question lied about everything name, location, marital status everything and we spoke and messaged for well over 2 months so I'm not just talking me being a little naive here, I'm talking huge fecking whopping lies.

However, the catfish hasn't been as clever as they first thought and I've managed to find out everything about them.

Im now in a quandry, do I contact them in real life so to speak and expose them for all their lies and deceit and basically blow them out of the water? ?? Or do I chalk it up to experience and let sleeping catfish lie?

Let me be very clear here I'm not being holier than thou here I don't care who uses this site or their reasons I do care however that we treat each other with respect and be honest with each other. "

Just remember Every action has a reaction. Concentrate on the nice people and let the idiots pass you by.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I would definitely confront them privately, call them out on their shameful behaviour and the fact that you know the truth, and you know the extent to which they have deceived you.....but then walk away, revenge is not healthy for anyone.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I would definitely confront them privately, call them out on their shameful behaviour and the fact that you know the truth, and you know the extent to which they have deceived you.....but then walk away, revenge is not healthy for anyone. "

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Tamworth

I'd just send one last message saying I know all about your lies then block and don't give them any more of your energy.

I was recently lied to badly by someone who I was meeting regularly over a couple of months. I've ended it cleanly and I feel much better for it, despite knowing that I could blow his life apart if I chose to.

By *onyGalWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I’d have to let them know that I knew and how disappointing it was.

Then block, move on. Holding onto negative things doesn’t make you feel better, cut them out of your life and then you don’t need to hold all the cards with this person. It’s exhausting to keep holding on to it all.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Unless he/she/they (you didn't say) has had any kind of tangible impact on you by doing this then I'd walk away the bigger person, but not before, as others have suggested, letting them know you know, and exactly what you think of them as a result.

If they've had some kind of tangible impact, then you need to assess how bad that impact really is and if necessary take further and appropriate recourse, but as a means of addressing the impact not as any kind of revenge

Sheffield

I agree that revenge is not healthy however if nothing is ever done about these individuals they then go on and do it again to others without any comeback from anyone.

No it wasn't just messages it was more than that. If fraudulent behaviour was taking place in mainstream society it would be put before a court yet because its a swinging site it's OK to deceive?

I won't be doing anything because I will take everyone's advice here I will however contact him and make him sweat ?? I think.

I might also contact the person he stole pictures from and advise them that is happening.

Walk away and forget it.

Years ago I would have easily reacted to this but it gets you nowhere.

Karma is a wonderful thing, he will get his comeuppance one day.

"I agree that revenge is not healthy however if nothing is ever done about these individuals they then go on and do it again to others without any comeback from anyone.

No it wasn't just messages it was more than that. If fraudulent behaviour was taking place in mainstream society it would be put before a court yet because its a swinging site it's OK to deceive?

I won't be doing anything because I will take everyone's advice here I will however contact him and make him sweat ?? I think.

I might also contact the person he stole pictures from and advise them that is happening. "

Contact the site supporters and let them deal with the stolen pictures.

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman  over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

There is no greater power than knowing you could absolutely ruin someone who has lied to you and hurt you badly but walking away and flicking those vindictive toxic thoughts into the wind.

No amount of revenge will make you feel better, but keeping your composure and carrying on without them will x

I had this happen to me, not on here but a dating site.

He lied about his age, relationship status, having no kids, job etc. I found out who he was when he contacted me on his real number by accident (he was using another number to message me I thought it was his personal).

I did a little search from the number and found out all about him. Made me really angry. I sent him a message via his Facebook to let him know I know he’s been lying, and now know everything about him. Then I blocked him.

He tried ringing me several times I didn’t answer, and then he sent a long text saying how sorry he was and how stupid he had been, but he’d like to try again and be honest blah blah blah.

For me, I wouldn’t be able to not confront someone who is lying, by doing so I probably made him realise how dumb he had been, so he may not have done it again! It’s up to you, will it make you feel better letting him know you know?

It made me feel better!

"I had this happen to me, not on here but a dating site.

He lied about his age, relationship status, having no kids, job etc. I found out who he was when he contacted me on his real number by accident (he was using another number to message me I thought it was his personal).

I did a little search from the number and found out all about him. Made me really angry. I sent him a message via his Facebook to let him know I know he’s been lying, and now know everything about him. Then I blocked him.

He tried ringing me several times I didn’t answer, and then he sent a long text saying how sorry he was and how stupid he had been, but he’d like to try again and be honest blah blah blah.

For me, I wouldn’t be able to not confront someone who is lying, by doing so I probably made him realise how dumb he had been, so he may not have done it again! It’s up to you, will it make you feel better letting him know you know?

It made me feel better!"

"I'd drop a few juicy details of his vanilla life into a message to him on here, make him sweat for a little, and get an apology off him."

This. Then walk away.

I had similar but I didn't tell him how crap he made me feel because he wouldn't have cared. He probably would have let it feed his ego even more that he'd had such an impact.

Hope you feel better soon OP. It's shit. x

"I agree that revenge is not healthy however if nothing is ever done about these individuals they then go on and do it again to others without any comeback from anyone.

I might also contact the person he stole pictures from and advise them that is happening. "

If he's stolen pics from another profile then it's only right to let the owner know, I know I'd want to if someone had "borrowed" mine

Unfortunately those that create false profiles like this are shameless and will probably just create another or just carry on regardless no matter what you say to them - in the past couple of months I've become aware of a single lady profile all of who's pics were borrowed from another site - action was eventually taken to remove the pics and the profile was closed down, popped up again within a week using a different set of pics from another profile at the source of the original - that one was removed only to spawn yet more.

Similarly, but more disgustingly, there's a single male profile I'm aware of that until recently had pics of a soldier killed 12 years ago in Afghanistan, a friend of Prince Harry and someone in a Spiderman outfit that was actually a woman - the pics have now been removed but the profile still exists and in fact posted a thread just today.

So taking action won't necessarily make a great deal of difference

I might also contact the person he stole pictures from and advise them that is happening.

If he's stolen pics from another profile then it's only right to let the owner know, I know I'd want to if someone had "borrowed" mine

Unfortunately those that create false profiles like this are shameless and will probably just create another or just carry on regardless no matter what you say to them - in the past couple of months I've become aware of a single lady profile all of who's pics were borrowed from another site - action was eventually taken to remove the pics and the profile was closed down, popped up again within a week using a different set of pics from another profile at the source of the original - that one was removed only to spawn yet more.

Similarly, but more disgustingly, there's a single male profile I'm aware of that until recently had pics of a soldier killed 12 years ago in Afghanistan, a friend of Prince Harry and someone in a Spiderman outfit that was actually a woman - the pics have now been removed but the profile still exists and in fact posted a thread just today.

So taking action won't necessarily make a great deal of difference "

I remember you telling me about this. Can’t believe the profile is still here

...Up on the Downs

There are lots of people who put up pictures of other people's cocks, sometimes as well as their own, as if we can't tell the difference. I always report them.

Just be smug in the knowledge you could, without actually having too and move on. Xx

There are lots of people who put up pictures of other people's cocks, sometimes as well as their own, as if we can't tell the difference. I always report them. "

Wow really?

There are lots of people who put up pictures of other people's cocks, sometimes as well as their own, as if we can't tell the difference. I always report them. "

Likewise - and it's not just cocks either. In the two instances I mentioned above it was full body pics and the dead soldier one was him sat on the floor in uniform reading a letter with just his head cropped off

...Up on the Downs

There are lots of people who put up pictures of other people's cocks, sometimes as well as their own, as if we can't tell the difference. I always report them.

Wow really?"

Yup, some post on the forums too.

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

"OK so I've recently had a very unpleasant experience on here of basically being catfished.

Let me be very clear here I'm not being holier than thou here I don't care who uses this site or their reasons I do care however that we treat each other with respect and be honest with each other. "

let them know via here theyv been rumbled and put it down to experience and move on

...Up on the Downs

Likewise - and it's not just cocks either. In the two instances I mentioned above it was full body pics and the dead soldier one was him sat on the floor in uniform reading a letter with just his head cropped off"

I had one of those on a dating site - actually using a pic including the face of a Captain killed in action.

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

each to there own but this is one of the reasons i like to swap numbers early on and try and speak over the phone asap... alot harder to catfish once your speaking on the phone and arranging a meet, not impossible but harder

By *hite1100Man  over a year ago

Hither Green

Report, block and walk away.

Not worth the drama or the potential risk to you if you expose them and they take umbrage. There are some nutters out there.

By *anana JoeMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Block and walk away its the most sensible thing to do. Saying :- I've managed to find out everything about them sounds a bit stalkerish if you want the truth and just say you do decide to blow them out of the water and they respond by calling the police in you could well end up in hot water or worse doing a stretch on water and bread. Its not worth it so just move on.

I would explain that I know they have been lying.

"Block and walk away its the most sensible thing to do. Saying :- I've managed to find out everything about them sounds a bit stalkerish if you want the truth and just say you do decide to blow them out of the water and they respond by calling the police in you could well end up in hot water or worse doing a stretch on water and bread. Its not worth it so just move on. "

If they have online information in public the police won't want to know.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Ruin his life or at least make him sh.t himself so that he doesn't do it to others.

Sheffield

"Block and walk away its the most sensible thing to do. Saying :- I've managed to find out everything about them sounds a bit stalkerish if you want the truth and just say you do decide to blow them out of the water and they respond by calling the police in you could well end up in hot water or worse doing a stretch on water and bread. Its not worth it so just move on.

If they have online information in public the police won't want to know."

Ehh?

You have the wrong end of the shitty stick. The op is on about exposing the catfisher there are laws on Malicious intent and you can get yourself in deep doo doo if you are not careful. So like I said best walk away.

"Block and walk away its the most sensible thing to do. Saying :- I've managed to find out everything about them sounds a bit stalkerish if you want the truth and just say you do decide to blow them out of the water and they respond by calling the police in you could well end up in hot water or worse doing a stretch on water and bread. Its not worth it so just move on. "

You’re not going to get arrested for obtaining information that is available to the public LOL.

It’s not stalkerish either to do your research on someone if you have reservations. Infant I think people should do it more often, you’d be surprised how many lie and don’t realise how easy it is to see they’re lying.

"Block and walk away its the most sensible thing to do. Saying :- I've managed to find out everything about them sounds a bit stalkerish if you want the truth and just say you do decide to blow them out of the water and they respond by calling the police in you could well end up in hot water or worse doing a stretch on water and bread. Its not worth it so just move on.

Ehh?

You have the wrong end of the shitty stick. The op is on about exposing the catfisher there are laws on Malicious intent and you can get yourself in deep doo doo if you are not careful. So like I said best walk away. "

If she messages the catfish letting him know she knows who he really is, she isn’t going to get arrested let’s be real.

If she were to go to his address and threaten him several times then yes, exposing someone’s lies to themselves isn’t illegal.

Hither Green

You’re not going to get arrested for obtaining information that is available to the public LOL.

It’s not stalkerish either to do your research on someone if you have reservations. Infant I think people should do it more often, you’d be surprised how many lie and don’t realise how easy it is to see they’re lying. "

Harassment is a criminal offence. I doesn’t matter if that information is in the public domain or not.

If the OP had been catfished, the best thing to do is simply to walk away. Reverse stalking someone to expose them isn’t going to end well.

Loving the new profile pic :

Hither Green

Ehh?

You have the wrong end of the shitty stick. The op is on about exposing the catfisher there are laws on Malicious intent and you can get yourself in deep doo doo if you are not careful. So like I said best walk away.

If she messages the catfish letting him know she knows who he really is, she isn’t going to get arrested let’s be real.

If she were to go to his address and threaten him several times then yes, exposing someone’s lies to themselves isn’t illegal. "

But what purpose would that serve? The catfish already knows they’re a catfish and knows they are lying. If anything they would thrive on the attention of being exposed.

Best simply to block and move on.

I can’t believe this is even a topic of discussion.

It’s not stalkerish either to do your research on someone if you have reservations. Infant I think people should do it more often, you’d be surprised how many lie and don’t realise how easy it is to see they’re lying.

Harassment is a criminal offence. I doesn’t matter if that information is in the public domain or not.

If the OP had been catfished, the best thing to do is simply to walk away. Reverse stalking someone to expose them isn’t going to end well.

Loving the new profile pic : "

Sending one message to someone who’s been deceiving you for months, wouldn’t be considered harassment ever.

If that person has lied to you, and you’ve found out, you’re well within your rights to let them know decently. That’s not illegal.

I’ve had a similar experience, and a quick Facebook search (not stalking) had me find out the real him, and I sent him a nice message letting him know I know, and blocked him. That wouldn’t get me arrested, and I’m assuming the OP is wanting to do similar.

Thanks.

Ehh?

If she were to go to his address and threaten him several times then yes, exposing someone’s lies to themselves isn’t illegal.

But what purpose would that serve? The catfish already knows they’re a catfish and knows they are lying. If anything they would thrive on the attention of being exposed.

Best simply to block and move on.

I can’t believe this is even a topic of discussion. "

Who said there has to be a purpose?

The catfish doesn’t know the person he’s talking to knows he’s a catfish. He might just change his catfish ways if she lets him know, it might give him a reality check, he may thrive off the attention, he may not.

Why can’t you believe it’s a topic of discussion? We are all individuals with different opinions which can be seen from the posts here.

Some are happy to walk away without informing the catfish, some like myself wouldn’t be happy to do that and would rather let them know.

There isn’t a right or wrong answer.

Hither Green

Sending one message to someone who’s been deceiving you for months, wouldn’t be considered harassment ever.

If that person has lied to you, and you’ve found out, you’re well within your rights to let them know decently. That’s not illegal.

I’ve had a similar experience, and a quick Facebook search (not stalking) had me find out the real him, and I sent him a nice message letting him know I know, and blocked him. That wouldn’t get me arrested, and I’m assuming the OP is wanting to do similar.

Thanks.

"

Maybe.

If someone has been deceived for months there’s something not adding up. Personally I wouldn’t continue a conversation for months before I’d met the person I was conversing with...

Either way, I think the best thing for the OP to do is simply to block and move on. No good will come of confronting them or trying to expose them - they will thrive on the attention if anything.

Thanks.

Either way, I think the best thing for the OP to do is simply to block and move on. No good will come of confronting them or trying to expose them - they will thrive on the attention if anything. "

Or like in my experience the lying catfish may see sense and stop what they’re doing. You just don’t know.

Hither Green

Thanks.

Either way, I think the best thing for the OP to do is simply to block and move on. No good will come of confronting them or trying to expose them - they will thrive on the attention if anything.

Or like in my experience the lying catfish may see sense and stop what they’re doing. You just don’t know. "

Fair enough.

Why the hell would you carry on a convo with someone for months without meeting? If they are a catfish it’s usually obvious within a few messages. Years of online dating have taught me that!

They crave attention - the strongest thing you can do is to not give them any.

Simply tell them to jog on and block - that strategy never fails .

Thanks.

Or like in my experience the lying catfish may see sense and stop what they’re doing. You just don’t know.

Fair enough.

Why the hell would you carry on a convo with someone for months without meeting? If they are a catfish it’s usually obvious within a few messages. Years of online dating have taught me that!

Simply tell them to jog on and block - that strategy never fails . "

I don’t know for the OP but I was working abroad for 6 months at the time! So couldn’t meet, I did offer this person to come out to Ibiza and see me but there was always a reason why not. I should’ve known from then.

I’ve certainly learned from that experience & won’t do that again!

Sheffield

Stolen photos off another social media source that happen to be his friend, ha ha if my friend stole my pics I'd punch their lights out.

New GDPR rulings make this an absolute crime do they not?

Sheffield

Ehh?

If she were to go to his address and threaten him several times then yes, exposing someone’s lies to themselves isn’t illegal. "

You really NEED TO READ things this is the second time you have jumped in without looking at what has been written. I know you like to disrupt and be confrontational but you are making yourself look foolish now.

I suggest you read Malicious Communications Act 1988 as you clearly haven't.

Hither Green

Thanks.

Fair enough.

I don’t know for the OP but I was working abroad for 6 months at the time! So couldn’t meet, I did offer this person to come out to Ibiza and see me but there was always a reason why not. I should’ve known from then.

I’ve certainly learned from that experience & won’t do that again! "

I’m not going to sugar coat it Chanelle.

The moral of that story is: only engage with people close enough to you for it to be realistic to meet.

No normal person, in full possession of their mental faculties, is going to fly out to Ibiza for a first date. I consider 10 mins on the train a ball ache to meet people who invariably look nothing like their pics and/or are might well be utterly mental.

Someone as facially attractive as you are shouldn’t need to be told this.

Sheffield

"each to there own but this is one of the reasons i like to swap numbers early on and try and speak over the phone asap... alot harder to catfish once your speaking on the phone and arranging a meet, not impossible but harder"

Did all that and met in public but if the background story is a pack of lies how do you know?

Ehh?

You really NEED TO READ things this is the second time you have jumped in without looking at what has been written. I know you like to disrupt and be confrontational but you are making yourself look foolish now.

I suggest you read Malicious Communications Act 1988 as you clearly haven't. "

Aw I’m so sorry my posts anger you so much that you need to type in Caps!

A snipped from this act “1)Any person who sends to another person—

(a)a [F1letter, electronic communication or article of any description] which conveys—

(i)a message which is indecent or grossly offensive;

(ii)a threat; or

(iii)information which is false and known or believed to be false by the sender; or”

Telling a catfish that you know they’re a catfish and that they’ve been lying, isn’t going to get you arrested. If she were to threaten to tell his wife, kids, job or similar, then yes it would be illegal.

Letting him know he’s a lying twat? She’s fine.

That foolish comment you made? Might be time to look in the mirror.

Thanks.

Fair enough.

The moral of that story is: only engage with people close enough to you for it to be realistic to meet.

No normal person, in full possession of their mental faculties, is going to fly out to Ibiza for a first date. I consider 10 mins on the train a ball ache to meet people who invariably look nothing like their pics and/or are might well be utterly mental.

Someone as facially attractive as you are shouldn’t need to be told this. "

You don’t know the full story, so until you do please don’t assume I was willing to fly him out to Ibiza for a first date out of nowhere lol!

This guy claimed to be coming to the same place for a holiday although in a different part, but somehow he didn’t. He also told me he intended to get here before the summer ended, hence my offer of meeting up. And again, excuses were made.

This isn’t my thread so I won’t go into detail, but that should make it clearer!

Sheffield

OK ok calm down everybody I've asked for advice and decided what to do.

There's really no need for you all to start falling out.

I know it's an emotive subject but if I can remain civil then I'm sure the rest of you can...

..."

Hither Green

Thanks.

Fair enough.

Someone as facially attractive as you are shouldn’t need to be told this.

You don’t know the full story, so until you do please don’t assume I was willing to fly him out to Ibiza for a first date out of nowhere lol!

This guy claimed to be coming to the same place for a holiday although in a different part, but somehow he didn’t. He also told me he intended to get here before the summer ended, hence my offer of meeting up. And again, excuses were made.

This isn’t my thread so I won’t go into detail, but that should make it clearer! "

Ok. Yes it does.

My advice remains, simply block and move on. Nothing to be gained by confronting these people.

"OK ok calm down everybody I've asked for advice and decided what to do.

I know it's an emotive subject but if I can remain civil then I'm sure the rest of you can... "

+1 to this! It does amaze me when people who I’ve never come across before (how strange) get ratty and personal!

Even with the advice given, you’ll do what you need to do.

Just think atleast you’ve found out now and dodged a bullet!

People like that always get their karma.

Sheffield

Ehh?

(a)a [F1letter, electronic communication or article of any description] which conveys—

(ii)a threat; or

(iii)information which is false and known or believed to be false by the sender; or”

Telling a catfish that you know they’re a catfish and that they’ve been lying, isn’t going to get you arrested. If she were to threaten to tell his wife, kids, job or similar, then yes it would be illegal.

That foolish comment you made? Might be time to look in the mirror. "

Caps again as you love them YOU NEED TO READ Malicious Communications Act 1988 as you clearly haven't.

Sheffield

"OK ok calm down everybody I've asked for advice and decided what to do.

I know it's an emotive subject but if I can remain civil then I'm sure the rest of you can... "

I have seen people given bad advice before so when people spout rhetoric that could get people into trouble then it needs to be pointed out.

You say in your first post (do I contact them in real life so to speak and expose them for all their lies and deceit) could get you in trouble if they decided to take legal action if you did expose them in real life. It would for a start show premeditation and could cause a real headache. Most don't get prosecuted but some do and I doubt you want people digging round in your communications I know I wouldn't.

Best bet is block them ignore them and walk away its not worth the potential issues that could follow as if you lash out at someone then they comeback not unlike on this thread.

Life is too short so good look and forget about them.

Ehh?

(ii)a threat; or

Caps again as you love them YOU NEED TO READ Malicious Communications Act 1988 as you clearly haven't. "

Now now, there’s no need to shout.

I have read it, and my post still stands.

Telling a catfish you know he’s a catfish isn’t going to get you arrested lololol. If that was the case I should be arrested for doing so on here many times when it’s clear someone is borrowing pictures!

Is this where you report me to Plod?

Don’t waste your time

Let me be very clear here I'm not being holier than thou here I don't care who uses this site or their reasons I do care however that we treat each other with respect and be honest with each other.

Not worth the drama or the potential risk to you if you expose them and they take umbrage. There are some nutters out there. "

Report for what exactly, lying?

Not worth the drama or the potential risk to you if you expose them and they take umbrage. There are some nutters out there.

Report for what exactly, lying? "

Report for using someone else’s pictures.

Hither Green

Ehh?

(ii)a threat; or

Caps again as you love them YOU NEED TO READ Malicious Communications Act 1988 as you clearly haven't.

Telling a catfish you know he’s a catfish isn’t going to get you arrested lololol. If that was the case I should be arrested for doing so on here many times when it’s clear someone is borrowing pictures!

Is this where you report me to Plod? "

What is there to be gained from telling a catfish that you know they’re a catfish?!

Im struggling to understand how or why it isn’t better to simply block and move on?

Ehh?

(ii)a threat; or

What is there to be gained from telling a catfish that you know they’re a catfish?!

Im struggling to understand how or why it isn’t better to simply block and move on? "

Does there need to be a gain?

People are individuals we all do different things, for different reasons, there’s plenty of stuff that people do that I don’t understand.

I don’t waste my time dwelling on it or wondering.

Hither Green

Ehh?

(ii)a threat; or

Im struggling to understand how or why it isn’t better to simply block and move on?

People are individuals we all do different things, for different reasons, there’s plenty of stuff that people do that I don’t understand.

I don’t waste my time dwelling on it or wondering. "

As I say I don’t really understand what we are arguing about here.

If I realise someone is a catfish I simply block them and cease all communication - I wouldn’t stalk them and attempt to “expose them”. What would be the point?

It simply isn’t worth my time to do so.

Ehh?

(ii)a threat; or

If I realise someone is a catfish I simply block them and cease all communication - I wouldn’t stalk them and attempt to “expose them”. What would be the point?

It simply isn’t worth my time to do so. "

How exactly is searching a number (in my experience) on Facebook and sending them a message to let them know you know about their lies, stalking?

I don’t see any arguing. What I do see is you attempting to understand or not understand something you wouldn’t do yourself. Why bother?

Sheffield

Chanelle and White are you two getting paid for this double act?

"Chanelle and White are you two getting paid for this double act? "

I bloody wish! Hahaha.

Not your circus and not your monkey.

As others have said block and move on. Be lucky it was only 2 months and not close to two years.

Hither Green

Ehh?

(ii)a threat; or

How exactly is searching a number (in my experience) on Facebook and sending them a message to let them know you know about their lies, stalking?

I don’t see any arguing. What I do see is you attempting to understand or not understand something you wouldn’t do yourself. Why bother? "

What would I gain by passive aggressively searching out their number and messaging them, that I wouldn’t gain from simply blocking them?

My approach is also that, if I meet someone who doesn’t look like their pics, I leave immediately...

Life is too short for this kind of nonsense, especially in your 30s.

Ehh?

(ii)a threat; or

I don’t see any arguing. What I do see is you attempting to understand or not understand something you wouldn’t do yourself. Why bother?

What would I gain by passive aggressively searching out their number and messaging them, that I wouldn’t gain from simply blocking them?

My approach is also that, if I meet someone who doesn’t look like their pics, I leave immediately...

Life is too short for this kind of nonsense, especially in your 30s. "

Good for you that’s your choice and you’re entitled to your choice.

I do things differently and that’s also fine.

You sound like you are upset at being decieved by these people, acknowledge you are hurt and frustrated, would you like to discuss this further?

"Sorry to hear that OP, I can imagine it’s been very upsetting. Blowing it out of the water will only cause HUGE drama, it could get incredibly unpleasant and messy. I’d personally let him know privately what you know, block and move on.

But I know it’s always a fine line between knowing how to warn others or let them find out for themselves, I’ve wrestled with that dilemma recently and reported to admin who appear to have done nothing, so I’ve left it at that and moved on. So in your case it might also be a good idea to move on and chalk it down to experience too.

"

I agree with this. His fear at what you ‘might’ do will be better punishment than what you’d actually do. Make him sweat

"Sorry to hear that OP, I can imagine it’s been very upsetting. Blowing it out of the water will only cause HUGE drama, it could get incredibly unpleasant and messy. I’d personally let him know privately what you know, block and move on.

I agree with this. His fear at what you ‘might’ do will be better punishment than what you’d actually do. Make him sweat "

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

To what end? Will you benifit from this, feel massively better or will it be worth more of your time and attention?

Hither Green

Ehh?

(ii)a threat; or

I do things differently and that’s also fine. "

I’m not saying it isn’t fine.

I’m simply saying you’re a long time dead and I’d rather spend my “alive years” conversing with people who are worth my time - rather than “finding out” internet fakes!

I simply block and move on, and my life is all the better for it.

You know it makes sense .

Just a modern day problem resolved by being sensible and going back to how we would meet people in the past, in person, so maybe rather than spending 2 months chatting in cyberspace why not a little balance? A bit of online chat and then just meet people in the real world in a safe place, not difficult is it?

These idiots who lie online and hoodwink people are just praying on venerable

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Thanks.

Fair enough.

Simply tell them to jog on and block - that strategy never fails . "

There are two guys on here I've been messaging for months (3 months plus) and I've not met them (yet).

It's not always easy to meet someone within a week of the first message.

Ehh?

(ii)a threat; or

I’m simply saying you’re a long time dead and I’d rather spend my “alive years” conversing with people who are worth my time - rather than “finding out” internet fakes!

You know it makes sense . "

Meh, if only I had the self control to “leave” things right there and move on!

I prefer to let people know! I can’t help it! You’re stronger than me!

Hither Green

"Chanelle and White are you two getting paid for this double act? "

Sadly not.

If we were a couple the make up sex would be epic .

"Chanelle and White are you two getting paid for this double act?

Sadly not.

If we were a couple the make up sex would be epic . "

Now that we can agree on!

Sadly not.

Now that we can agree on! "

I love a happy ending.

Hither Green

Ehh?

(ii)a threat; or

You know it makes sense .

Meh, if only I had the self control to “leave” things right there and move on!

I prefer to let people know! I can’t help it! You’re stronger than me! "

Haha not to patronise you, but something I’ve learned in my 30s, is how to simply move the f*ck on. That ability does me a power of good.

Don’t dwell on the idiots you will come across on here and elsewhere! They simply aren’t worth your time.

By *obsrocketMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

I think you should advise admin of the profile and yes let the profile who had the pics stolen from know also as they may wish to independently report to Admin too.

Sadly not.

I love a happy ending. "

Hither Green

Sadly not.

I love a happy ending.

"

#feelingthelove, Chanelle.

Right, I’m going out for dinner shortly.

By *rettyLittleThingWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

I would just leave it unless he's causing you any harm or harassing you. They will unfortunately do it again to others and you're probably not the first.

I once started talking to someone who was the person in the pictures, however he had a different life to what he had told me and he got a bit obsessive when I met.

I, in the end politely told him I didn't want to continue talking or go on to meet, and from there he harassed the shit out of me. Creating multiple kik and fab accounts after I put block after block in and copy and pasted me my verifications ect.

I actually found out who he was and he was married ect so I threatened to tell his partner unless he left me alone. He did, I don't think I could of ever of done it, I cant imagine hurting someone like that or a family.

Sheffield

You sound like you are upset at being decieved by these people, acknowledge you are hurt and frustrated, would you like to discuss this further?"

No

Sheffield

"Just a modern day problem resolved by being sensible and going back to how we would meet people in the past, in person, so maybe rather than spending 2 months chatting in cyberspace why not a little balance? A bit of online chat and then just meet people in the real world in a safe place, not difficult is it?

These idiots who lie online and hoodwink people are just praying on venerable"

Look back a few messages we did meet, I also said the back story was total fiction and if you don't fully know someone as in live next door to them you would never know what they were lying about until you fully find out the truth.

Looking back at what I had to say wasn't difficult either was it?

I'm many things in life, being vulnerable isn't one of them.

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Sadly it happens. Someone I used to meet popped up on the dreaded ‘people you may know’. Of course I snooped. I swiftly blocked when I found out his actual life and the fantasy life were completely different. I never confronted him. File it in the box marked ‘experience’.

By *ungmagic10Man  over a year ago

Northampton

Allow it, you've wasted enough time on him.

Blimey! Unfortunately some people tell many fibs on fab. How we deal with them makes the difference.

"Allow it, you've wasted enough time on him."

That makes sense ^

If anyone finds themselves in similar situations don't waste anymore of your time.

"Blimey! Unfortunately some people tell many fibs on fab. How we deal with them makes the difference.

Allow it, you've wasted enough time on him.

That makes sense ^

If anyone finds themselves in similar situations don't waste anymore of your time."

We finally agree

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Can you report em so we don't have to find and block them too?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think many, many people on here lie about name, age, location and marital status.

» Add a new message to this topic