FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > NCP carparking over charging

NCP carparking over charging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

I’m lucky over the past 6 weeks I haven’t had to pay for parking? My daily visits to hospital I get a parking permit as I have cancer, today we had to go to another hospital,we have permits but there were no space ( mostly due to people parking where they shouldn’t by the way)

Anyway we parked at an NCP car park nearby

We were not sure how long we would be

So put £4.50 for 3 hours, which we didn’t mind

But it got me thinking, why do NCP charge before you leave ? To explain you have to guess how long your going to be and your charged accordingly. We were less than 2 hours by the way..

If these car parks were of the kind where you have a ticket on entry and pay when you leave, you only pay for the hours your sctually using the parking space, these car parks are getting fewer and fewer. It’s a con to make you guess and this overvpay for the same time period

Do you agree???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I haven't come across and NCP ones like that, the ones I've used are all pay on exit. I paid £9.50 for 3 hours at Manchester piccadilly a couple of weeks ago

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

If its on hospital grounds the nhs should take control back. I imagine they are tied up in a contract worth a substantial amount.

I bet it costs staff a small fortune

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Yes it a con as usually they employ number plate readers on entry and exit so if you over stay they get parking eye on it.

To be honest I usually try to avoid paid car parks even if it means a 10-15 Min walk from the free one or public street. I usually Google maps it before to avoid it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Victoria place in Tunbridge Wells used to be like that.

Your either running back to the car or you spend more than you needed.

There’s a strange login system now for the car parks in Tunbridge Wells.

Doesn’t always work because some people have ended up getting fines in the post.

The last time I used a NCP was in soho.

Only had to set up a kitchen extract hood.

But 2 hours cost me £50.00!!

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

All the council car parks down here want you to pay up front. You can pay by phone though which is useful as you can top up the parking if you're longer than you hoped, but I think it works out a bit more expensive by topping up.

» Add a new message to this topic