FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ladies over 40 - advice please

Ladies over 40 - advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I've discovered fab and having a bloody great time. I then start perimenopausal systems, irregular periods and bleeding inbetween my cycle. It's making planning meets, visits to clubs etc really difficult and I'm extremely horny most of the time. Any advice for managing Will be greatly received x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The coil stops periods apparently

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm under 40, but I have irregular periods (always have). Have a look into Beppy tampons: they're sponge and don't have strings, are supposedly undetectable. They're (as compared to normal tampons) rather expensive, and take a bit of getting used to (I've only tried the easier lubricated ones), but I've yet to have one detected. They're very comfortable although sometimes a pain to get out, particularly after a full on club visit

Manchester (she/her)

"The coil stops periods apparently "

I'm on the (Mirena) coil, and, not always. I get them a lot less, and lighter, but they haven't stopped for me, alas.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My advice would be see your gp and find out if there's an acceptable to you method of sorting things out. Otherwise go with the suggestions above.

Yes see your gp first as there are options available. But I can recommend the beppe tampons x

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

I've been caught out by unexpectedly early periods but have used norethisterone successfully to stop them. This isn't for everyone obviously and your GP would need to prescribe but it's very useful for planning when you'll be on around holidays or other events. I've found that if I start early, and then take this straight away, that the bleeding stops within 24 hours - though it'll resume 3 days after you stop. Some women find it can make periods heavier but I've not noticed much difference

I've have the mirena coil and it's very rare now I have periods. And when I do they last a few hours and not much happens.

"The coil stops periods apparently "

Only for some women.

"The coil stops periods apparently

Only for some women. "

Ah ok. I’d heard it did. Never had it myself.

Manchester (she/her)

"I've have the mirena coil and it's very rare now I have periods. And when I do they last a few hours and not much happens.

"

Yeah, I'm a weird case. I went from god only knows (monthly or more) and ridiculously heavy, to once every six weeks to 4 months, a day or two and very light. I'd still recommend it.

"I've have the mirena coil and it's very rare now I have periods. And when I do they last a few hours and not much happens.

Yeah, I'm a weird case. I went from god only knows (monthly or more) and ridiculously heavy, to once every six weeks to 4 months, a day or two and very light. I'd still recommend it. "

Yeah it took a few weeks or so to settle in and calm things down

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah, I'm a weird case. I went from god only knows (monthly or more) and ridiculously heavy, to once every six weeks to 4 months, a day or two and very light. I'd still recommend it.

Yeah it took a few weeks or so to settle in and calm things down "

I've had mine just over two years now. My body just isn't cooperative.

I've had mine just over two years now. My body just isn't cooperative. "

Oh no. That is true though it doesn't work for everyone.

I've had 4 and 2 of them made me feel poorly.

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

This completely ruined my sex life. My issue was fibroids so it’s better now.

Hope you manage a solution op x

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"So I've discovered fab and having a bloody great time. I then start perimenopausal systems, irregular periods and bleeding inbetween my cycle. It's making planning meets, visits to clubs etc really difficult and I'm extremely horny most of the time. Any advice for managing Will be greatly received x"

Sponges (don't know how to put links in Google menstrual sponges.) No good if you are heavy, ideal if you are spotting or just worried about coming on

Perfectly fine to have sex with one in and might mean you dont worry and can enjoy yourself

(Ms Icebreaker)

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"The coil stops periods apparently

Only for some women.

Ah ok. I’d heard it did. Never had it myself. "

It stopped mine but have a few friends who it made no difference or even made them heavier

(Ms Icebreaker)

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

I'm lucky I don't get them anymore but unlucky cos I haven't had it in months lol

[Removed by poster at 25/10/18 12:20:19]

Merina Coil, worked for me.

I'm having it removed soon, because the issues that you refer to have returned, and the practice nurse suggested that my coil is neither functional nor practical in my case or at my age.

Rea x

Manchester (she/her)

I've had mine just over two years now. My body just isn't cooperative.

Oh no. That is true though it doesn't work for everyone.

I've had 4 and 2 of them made me feel poorly. "

It's a lot better than it was for me, so I'm happy enough, thankfully.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Get a diaphragm fitted to use as a barrier not as contraception. quick easy to use if you get period unexpectedly.

Hrt regulates too.

» Add a new message to this topic