FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rememberence Sunday

Rememberence Sunday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A day i dread.

Ive felt physically sick. got through those in padt years but this'll be a big show i think being 100 years.

Ive been told some veterens from ww2 asked their doctorz to be drugged in tbe past, to spare being reminded.

I donate, but don't wear a poppy for the same reason.

In the past i would either fuck off abroad, get so pissed out of my head id be in a d*unken stupor.

Im lucky, my colleagues from the past wernt so, and have life changing conditions. Ive hearing damage but otherwise unscathed.

Reason I write this post is sky news did a topic on what they think of people who don't wear a poppy.

Dome don't agree with the wars we got involved with, me included, but if its a free country, surely those that choose not to take part should have tbeir decision respected?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Yeah i know its cowardly but thats me. Im a ckwardly small insignificant person and fine with it

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Yeah i know its cowardly but thats me. Im a ckwardly small insignificant person and fine with it "

Why do you think that?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't wear a poppy of any kind. I don't need to display that I care. I know I care and reflect it all year round in how I treat others.

I make a donation each November to Help For Heroes. One of my grandfathers was always scarred by his experiences in WWII and that's always hurt me. That compels me to chip in financially in the hope it does a little to ease future burdens.

Best wishes to all of those touched by war, however that might be. Awful thing.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

You can remember it how you like OP. I don’t think anybody really says anything different.

People come into criticism when they criticise people for wearing Poppy’s or are disruptive during events.

I have never seen anybody get any issues for not partaking. Millions don’t.

I’m sorry you feel insignificant.

"Yeah i know its cowardly but thats me. Im a ckwardly small insignificant person and fine with it

Why do you think that? "

Its a damn sight easier to run away from things than face them. After a lot of thought i came to that conclusion.

It's just the way i feel about myself.

Im not upset or emotional btw,

By *sh6866Man  over a year ago

halifax

To be 'told' you should wear a poppy is going against the freedom that those people fought and died for.

Yes i do wear one..on remembrence day.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Yeah i know its cowardly but thats me. Im a ckwardly small insignificant person and fine with it

Why do you think that?

Its a damn sight easier to run away from things than face them. After a lot of thought i came to that conclusion.

Im not upset or emotional btw, "

Can relate to that, human nature to do so and have been there..

Does not make you a coward though..

Why do you think that?

Im not upset or emotional btw, "

Nobody's being a coward mate, its all about how we all individually deal with things. Its just our own coping mechanisms that's all.

Why do you think that?

Im not upset or emotional btw,

Can relate to that, human nature to do so and have been there..

Does not make you a coward though..

"

I feel i have no influence over my life/destiny. Constantly being imposed on by others, having to put up with it.

The other day i hel a shop door open for a guy striding out the shop, and was followed by an assistant. Apparently i helped a shoplifter inadvertently.

The old me would gsve been after him but i thougjt, "fuck it"

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I choose not to wear a poppy. I won't do something just because people say should. I would rather support the British legion in a quieter way and not wear a poppy to show the world I've put some money in the collecting tin.

Remembrance isn't just one day a year for many people.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I choose not to wear a poppy. I won't do something just because people say should. I would rather support the British legion in a quieter way and not wear a poppy to show the world I've put some money in the collecting tin.

Remembrance isn't just one day a year for many people."

I think similarly. I was brought up to display my national pride and remembrance privately. I have been chastised for not wearing a poppy, and it's not on. My feelings are private and my own, and I donate as I feel appropriate. Freedom of belief and expression being part of what was fought for.

"I choose not to wear a poppy. I won't do something just because people say should. I would rather support the British legion in a quieter way and not wear a poppy to show the world I've put some money in the collecting tin.

I think similarly. I was brought up to display my national pride and remembrance privately. I have been chastised for not wearing a poppy, and it's not on. My feelings are private and my own, and I donate as I feel appropriate. Freedom of belief and expression being part of what was fought for. "

I remember my 2 uncles. One killed in the Pacific and the other in Norway in ww2.

I think of them privately.

Ive had enough of it being shoved in my face az it were. On tv, parades getting donation boxes pushed my way, I've had enough

I think similarly. I was brought up to display my national pride and remembrance privately. I have been chastised for not wearing a poppy, and it's not on. My feelings are private and my own, and I donate as I feel appropriate. Freedom of belief and expression being part of what was fought for. "

100% agree its a personal choice but above all we don't forget.

Unfortunately though that this time of year is not easy for some.

I feel guilty feeling this way, survivors guilt im told. ive no dependants

If I'd been killed to save someones family go through what i witnessed, then id be ok with that, but i got through unscathed apsrt from my hearing. thatz the way it is. Im a miserable bugger today lol

By *ocks99Man  over a year ago

Reading

"To be 'told' you should wear a poppy is going against the freedom that those people fought and died for.....

"

This. Its your choice what you do, but I'm always mindful of those whose sacrafice gave us all that choice.

"I feel guilty feeling this way, survivors guilt im told. ive no dependants

If I'd been killed to save someones family go through what i witnessed, then id be ok with that, but i got through unscathed apsrt from my hearing. thatz the way it is. Im a miserable bugger today lol

"

Most of us are now grumpy old men OP

Most of us are now grumpy old men OP "

lol

By *ojoTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

"

Respect to you my friend - and whilst I know it's easier said than done...

"Don't let the b*stards grind you down" Peace

I was made to wear one when I was in the army. Its wrong. I wear one now as ive a choice. Im no longer serving, im a civilian. X

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

I ware my poppy to remember my grandad and my uncles who served and for my friend killed in iraq ,and for all my friends serving ,every body rembers in different ways and some find it hard to cope with it ,nothing to be ashamed of x

"I was made to wear one when I was in the army. Its wrong. I wear one now as ive a choice. Im no longer serving, im a civilian. X"

holy shit feisty minx, I don't recall seeing anything quite as good as that during my 22yrs

By *apmanMan  over a year ago

Harpenden

" If I'd been killed to save someones family go through what i witnessed, then id be ok with that, but i got through unscathed apsrt from my hearing. thatz the way it is. Im a miserable bugger today lol

"

'People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm them.'

Thank you for your service.

I wear mine with pride. I lost good mates and family in both world wars and korea. Also this year because the chairman of my local guards association passed away Sunday.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"

I think you would benefit from having a chat with someone the British Legion could help.

Guilt it natural.

The shoplifter story is funny mate. You held a door open with the best intentions. You should chuckle about it.

I served my country for almost 12 years. I’ve seen the true horrors of war and come out the other side. There’s things I’ve seen that will haunt me for the rest of my days. I give monthly to serviceman’s charities but i always make a point of working over the rememberance peeiod. I served my country and was lucky to come home to my family. Good friends and colleagues didn’t. I will remember them in my own time and way.

"I served my country for almost 12 years. I’ve seen the true horrors of war and come out the other side. There’s things I’ve seen that will haunt me for the rest of my days. I give monthly to serviceman’s charities but i always make a point of working over the rememberance peeiod. I served my country and was lucky to come home to my family. Good friends and colleagues didn’t. I will remember them in my own time and way. "

well said mate

We always wear our poppie. We always observe remembrance day, we always will.

"We always wear our poppie. We always observe remembrance day, we always will.

"

Apologies. Should read poppies.

» Add a new message to this topic