FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Geek or cool kid?

Geek or cool kid?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *innie The Minx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I was never one of the cool kids at school. I remember my mum sending me in in a duffle coat with toggles like elephant tusks....teamed with National Health glasses,so not cool.

So what about you? Were you too cool for school or a bit of a specky nerd like me?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Inbetweener. The invisible man

I hated school..

I was a bit geeky but i didnt wear glasses back then..

Halfway through the 3rd yr of secondary school i stopped going ..

Somewhere in the middle. Clever but not massively speccy. Not up there with all the latest fashion. I went through school mostly invisible really.

I remember the Naff CO54 jackets, felt awesome having one with all the cool kids, only time I was cool

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Inbetweener. Football crew.

Under the Duvet

"I hated school..

Halfway through the 3rd yr of secondary school i stopped going .."

Wow, didn't they send the Truant person out to try and drag you back?

I’m 100% a geek now but I was just a ghost at school! Had my 3-5 friends I hung about!

I loved school. I was a big kid so bullying was never gonna happen and I was fortunate to have all the things that help you fit in aswell.

School can be a terrible place. I’ve always said that it’s the easiest or hardest 5 years of your life. Sadly it’s been that way for a long time and it’s very difficult to see how it changes

Somewhere in the middle. Popular enough that the cool kids spoke with me, nice enough for the geeks and my brother was a bit of a tearaway so the naughty kids spoke to me too.

"I’m 100% a geek now but I was just a ghost at school! Had my 3-5 friends I hung about! "

Oh you weren’t a ghost at all! You were one of the most well known people at school. I was four years below you at school, and never in the same building as you and even I knew who ‘MBK’ was

I’m unsure what I was. Did go through the emo/scene kid phase

I like geeky stuff now, but at time I was a "floater"

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Mr nobody that was me

"I’m 100% a geek now but I was just a ghost at school! Had my 3-5 friends I hung about!

Oh you weren’t a ghost at all! You were one of the most well known people at school. I was four years below you at school, and never in the same building as you and even I knew who ‘MBK’ was

I’m unsure what I was. Did go through the emo/scene kid phase "

Haha that is true but didn’t think I wasn’t cool, people just knew I looked like the Milky Bar Kid hahaha

"I’m 100% a geek now but I was just a ghost at school! Had my 3-5 friends I hung about!

Haha that is true but didn’t think I wasn’t cool, people just knew I looked like the Milky Bar Kid hahaha "

I thought you were cool, I was scared of you

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I was happily in the middle but I mixed with everyone really. Hockey team meant I was in with the sporties. Being fat and deaf meant I was accepted with the geeks. Being loud and extrovert got me in with the upper echelons. My close group was mainly horse riding types with a love for 90s boybands and sneaking to Manchester on a Saturday.

School was awesome in retrospect.

Haha that is true but didn’t think I wasn’t cool, people just knew I looked like the Milky Bar Kid hahaha

I thought you were cool, I was scared of you "

That I do remember haha

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I was plain old Master Average neither cool, nor geeky and certainly not one of the bad kids although I did attract the attentions of a few bullies

"I was never one of the cool kids at school. I remember my mum sending me in in a duffle coat with toggles like elephant tusks....teamed with National Health glasses,so not cool.

So what about you? Were you too cool for school or a bit of a specky nerd like me?"

Inboxed you btw

I was in the middle but i did have a duffle coat like yours. They smelt awful when they got wet lol

Never tried to be either - I was just friends with most and tried to unite all the groups through MY DIVINE AWESOMENESS.

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

still the geek

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

A bit of a nerd / geek but got on well with most people. I was quite academic but good at sport too which helped.

Under the Duvet

"I was in the middle but i did have a duffle coat like yours. They smelt awful when they got wet lol"

Didn't they just! And weighed about 5 stone too.

"Never tried to be either - I was just friends with most and tried to unite all the groups through MY DIVINE AWESOMENESS."

I tried to unite all groups by shagging them all and giving them all herpies x x x x x x

(this is a joke I lost my virginity to my husband pls dont hate me forum white knights who take me seriously)

I had the Sega Megadrive, that ranked me up to cool status

I was good at sport so that help paper over the geek and crazy... so somewhere in between

I was Top Boy in Juniors, House Captain in Secondary, but not nerdy or sporty. Just an all round good egg.....

Oh I was definitely a geek. A label I now wear with pride.

I was the youngest of 6, I was like a minor celebrity. Usually breaking up a fight that my brothers were involved in. The teachers were just glad I wasn't another boy

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

I wasn’t a geek and I was too alternative to be cool I guess. I went to a private all girls school and made it my mission to break every rule. Short skirt, obvious piercings, weird hair colours, tattoos etc. Anything that wasn’t allowed I had it

Mrs

Oh hell no not a geek i wasnt particularly cool either, i was just the lad that looked like he belonged in sum41 and was a genius on a skateboard... thats all i was anygood at back then!

Was then and still am a geek/nerd.

Only it cool to like comics and anime these days... Not so much in the 90's

"I was never one of the cool kids at school. I remember my mum sending me in in a duffle coat with toggles like elephant tusks....teamed with National Health glasses,so not cool.

So what about you? Were you too cool for school or a bit of a specky nerd like me?"

You are Uber cool - a hipster ahead of your time!

I was the quiet one that was either on the rugby pitch or in the library - neither geek nor cool so kind of forgotten lol

By *riefcase_WankerMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I had the social awkwardness and unpopularity of a geek, without the grades to go with it.

For a little while I was the only non-white kid in school, and though I don't think the kids were *actually* racist, kids being kids, if they find a button they can push, they do...so I got into loads of fights.

That probably wasn't helped by my little-man syndrome, as I was fucking teeny-tiny. I don't think I cleared 1m tall until I was about 10, they thought they were gonna have to inject hormones in my arse to make me grow - the only kid who was smaller than me at school was Charlie Wade, who was born a MASSIVE baby and then never grew again because of spinal troubles.

I don't think I had a friend until I was about 14

Social butterfly me. Float in, fuck shit up. Float out

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

I made some kids at school very happy to see me.

Unfortunately it was the bullies.

Sixth form was a revelation to me because it was the first time I could go to school and not be afraid.

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I’m another that occupied the middle ground and had mates in the geek camp and others in the cool camp. I excelled at sport so that always got me brownie points but because I didn’t have the latest cool clothes or trendy haircut I was never fully in the cool club.

It never bothered me, I am what I am. That applies as much now as It did then.

Neither, I was just the weird kid.

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

Neather.

I wos the kid that everyone Pikt on........

By *layfulfoxMan  over a year ago

nowhere

I was a geek in the cool kids group because I was good at sport but not because I was a cool kid

By *layfulfoxMan  over a year ago

nowhere

"I’m another that occupied the middle ground and had mates in the geek camp and others in the cool camp. I excelled at sport so that always got me brownie points but because I didn’t have the latest cool clothes or trendy haircut I was never fully in the cool club.

It never bothered me, I am what I am. That applies as much now as It did then."

This!

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Fuck no and sounds like we had the same mother op. Black natanal heath glasses 1 of them snorkler coat things so I could hide from everyone and desperately unhappy. Thank God I managed to turn it all around.

I was middle ground, not to bigger geek. Cool enough to hang with the to crowd but not cool enough to be one of them lol

I bridged the divide of sporty/geeky. Kinda Inbetweener-ish too.

I was the chubby frizzy mixed race girl that wore second hand clothes in a school full of white middle class kids

By *r_CandyMan  over a year ago

somewhere

It’s funny I was a geeky kid at school too hung out with a handful of friends although I think geeky and cool can be one and the same these days

By *wingfellowMan  over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

I had the best of both really, top set for my classes so my group of friends in school were geeks, also played football and rugby for the team so outside of school I'd be with the 'cool kids'

I was a little bastard in school. Only used to go in to sell my free school meals lol. My education was over the local arcade. Did my GCSE in Street fighter 2 and mortal kombat. I can remember the mucher man. We used to run away from him. He never ran always walked and he always caught up with us. Like in horror movies. The bad guy always walks and he's right behind you...

Once I had detention and the wallie teachers locked me in the room where they kept confiscated items... such as alcohol. Let's just say I was a bit d*unk. I was never a bully though. I was in the Thornhill Crew. We even got tattoos that we did ourselves. Well... was supposed to say thornhill crew but mine just says T... the things we did at such a young age. I first went Maggie picking when I was 12. Took acid at 12. First spliff at 11. Can anyone remember a drink called Viborg? Yellow can... about 45p. Also me and my mate swapped schools for the day. We met up with mates from Fairwater school and swapped ties and they went to Llantarnam.

I wouldn't change my school days. I don't know if this story makes me the cool kids or just very silly. I enjoyed it

Under the Duvet

"I was the chubby frizzy mixed race girl that wore second hand clothes in a school full of white middle class kids "

Haha you could have been describing me except our school was pretty mixed and definitely working class.

I was neither, I was popular and had some great friends, and thoroughly enjoyed my school days.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"I was the chubby frizzy mixed race girl that wore second hand clothes in a school full of white middle class kids "

Good God I soooo remember the hand me downs. The real problem was I was the youngest and only had sister's. I must admit I do have good legs though

Definite geek here... still am truth be told

C

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I was both, in all the top sets and captain of rugby team plus played in the orchestra an a rock band.

Cal

I was the class clown/wind up who often got threw out of class for the entertainment of others as i had no intrest in anything but pe

Wouldnt say cool or not just an athlete

I wasn't cool. I was a weird gothy alt girl in rural Ireland. But I was attractive and very popular with the boys. Which of course meant the girls hated me haha

That sounds like fun! *hug* I hope they weren't too horrible to you.

We both blended in well colour wise but socially and economically were definitely in minorities. Hand-me-down clothes were never the way to blend in with the cool kids but we both escaped the trauma of NHS glasses, were kids ever cruel to those wearing them!

We're both shameless geeks and shameless is appropriate given the general attitude to society awkward kids when we were at school. It seems quite trendy to be a geek these days although I for one don't think that most 'neurotypical-norms' have any idea what it's like to be geeky, socially awkward and excluded and are just taking the piss by pretending to join in.....

"I hated school..

"

They couldn't find me...

I did return intermittently but i learnt more out of school than i ever did in it

Geek.

Was always reading something about engines and rockets.

And science I was very interested in.

Under the Duvet

"I hated school..

They couldn't find me...

I did return intermittently but i learnt more out of school than i ever did in it "

Gotta love a rebel x

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Just another kid in a big school.

We didn't have any kids who were popular for being popular, just the ones who were infamous for being aggressive horrible shits...

By *eady and Willing 9Man  over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

Was instantly cool. Played for wolves and knew sixth formers. Set for my whole school life lol. . Didn't bother much with girls either.

» Add a new message to this topic