FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What's up with some drivers?

What's up with some drivers?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xLedZepxx2 OP   Man  over a year ago

Didcot

This morning I'm in lane one of a reasonably quiet dual carriageway, Cruise control set to 65mph, some muppet overtakes me, pulls in a little too soon and slows to 60mph and sits there at 60mph FFS, this seems to be a fairly common thing, I've even had it happen at 70mph, surely the reason for overtaking is because you are going faster than the vehicle you want to overtake?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"This morning I'm in lane one of a reasonably quiet dual carriageway, Cruise control set to 65mph, some muppet overtakes me, pulls in a little too soon and slows to 60mph and sits there at 60mph FFS, this seems to be a fairly common thing, I've even had it happen at 70mph, surely the reason for overtaking is because you are going faster than the vehicle you want to overtake? "

Overtake him, game on

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"This morning I'm in lane one of a reasonably quiet dual carriageway, Cruise control set to 65mph, some muppet overtakes me, pulls in a little too soon and slows to 60mph and sits there at 60mph FFS, this seems to be a fairly common thing, I've even had it happen at 70mph, surely the reason for overtaking is because you are going faster than the vehicle you want to overtake? "

Perhaps he was trying to show you what you were doing to him....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Does my head in that does. Also when people don't indicate to change lanes.

Didcot

"This morning I'm in lane one of a reasonably quiet dual carriageway, Cruise control set to 65mph, some muppet overtakes me, pulls in a little too soon and slows to 60mph and sits there at 60mph FFS, this seems to be a fairly common thing, I've even had it happen at 70mph, surely the reason for overtaking is because you are going faster than the vehicle you want to overtake?

Perhaps he was trying to show you what you were doing to him...."

How?

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Don’t get me started about bad drivers!

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I had similar a few mornings ago on my way to work, the driver was up my boot all the way to the dual carriageway, he then pulled into the lane next to mine, sped off first then cut into my lane and slowed down to 50, I was like “seriously dude”

Overtake him if he's holding you up. No point letting it wind you up

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I'd tried changing the clock on my car, not realising I'd faffed with the mph display and put it into kph. The speedo got into the 100's in no time on the motorway - I just thought I was travelling at lightspeed so reduced it back to 60. Every single bit of traffic started passing me.. trucks, old people, estates with kids pointing at me. I was dumbfounded for 10 miles. I only realised when I got off and onto normal roads speeds.

Didcot

"Overtake him if he's holding you up. No point letting it wind you up"
not wound up about it just an observation of a completely pointless piece of driving

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I had a guy this morning I was on the bypass, he came down the slip road on my left right up next to me, indicated and started to move - right into the side of my car. I hooted and he swerved back. Unbelievable.

In a town Fab forgot

"This morning I'm in lane one of a reasonably quiet dual carriageway, Cruise control set to 65mph, some muppet overtakes me, pulls in a little too soon and slows to 60mph and sits there at 60mph FFS, this seems to be a fairly common thing, I've even had it happen at 70mph, surely the reason for overtaking is because you are going faster than the vehicle you want to overtake?

How?"

Because if it's a 70mph road and it's safe to do 70mph, driving at 65mph means you're causing an obstruction.

I'm waiting for someone to say it's a limit not a target now.

Didcot

How?

Because if it's a 70mph road and it's safe to do 70mph, driving at 65mph means you're causing an obstruction.

"

causing an obstruction, really? on a dual carriageway with an empty lane 2 get real.

In a town Fab forgot

How?

causing an obstruction, really? on a dual carriageway with an empty lane 2 get real. "

Yes. You're causing an obstruction.

What else do you think you're doing?

It's a 70mph limit and you're doing 65. You're in the way.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

How?

causing an obstruction, really? on a dual carriageway with an empty lane 2 get real.

It's a 70mph limit and you're doing 65. You're in the way."

Did you read the OP, they guy who overtook him slowed to 60mph, why are you arguing semantics with the OP

speed cameras, average speed cameras, saw a copper on flyover above, noticed it was you and wanted to piss you off, could have been any of those reasons

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Try riding a bike then you'll know bad drivers. This is kids stuff

In a town Fab forgot

How?

Did you read the OP, they guy who overtook him slowed to 60mph, why are you arguing semantics with the OP "

I answered his question. The OP queried my reply.

I elaborated.

It's really quite simple.

In a town Fab forgot

"Try riding a bike then you'll know bad drivers. This is kids stuff"

I'd never get in a bike again Bladey, I don't know how you do it...

*ballsofsteel

Didcot

How?

Did you read the OP, they guy who overtook him slowed to 60mph, why are you arguing semantics with the OP

I elaborated.

It's really quite simple. "

You do realise the stupidity you show in your comments. 70mph is the maximum speed you are allowed to do, it's a limit, not a target, there is no law that says' you have to sit at the speed limit, also, lots of vehicles are restricted to less than 70, some as low as 56 and some vehicles are only allowed to do a maximum of 60mph on motorways and dual carriageways, I'd hardly call 65 holding anyone up, it's called driving sensibly and within the law.

"I'd tried changing the clock on my car, not realising I'd faffed with the mph display and put it into kph. The speedo got into the 100's in no time on the motorway - I just thought I was travelling at lightspeed so reduced it back to 60. Every single bit of traffic started passing me.. trucks, old people, estates with kids pointing at me. I was dumbfounded for 10 miles. I only realised when I got off and onto normal roads speeds."

I got done for speeding. Did a speed awareness course. Loads of us thought it was 60 on a dual carriageway. They told us we could do 70!! Fuck yeah foot downnnnn

By *aekaeWoman  over a year ago

Between a cock and a soft place

Some drivers would benefit from taking an advanced drivers test.

Some of them on this thread too.

When I learnt to drive I was told to keep up with traffic because if you don't you are a hazard to other drivers.

Name calling because you don't like or understand the answer is a bit childish.

It usually means yuve lost the discussion too.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Stop calling people trolls and attacking people just because they don't share the same view as you please

Often while I'm driving to and from work, I'll notice people on their phones, easy to spot. Yesterday one in front, and one behind in busy traffic both texting from what I could see. Tailgating is annoying also.

In a town Fab forgot

How?

I elaborated.

You do realise the stupidity you show in your comments. 70mph is the maximum speed you are allowed to do, it's a limit, not a target, there is no law that says' you have to sit at the speed limit, also, lots of vehicles are restricted to less than 70, some as low as 56 and some vehicles are only allowed to do a maximum of 60mph on motorways and dual carriageways, I'd hardly call 65 holding anyone up, it's called driving sensibly and within the law. "

I believe I've already said it's a limit not a target.

And you're right, there's no part of the highway code that says you have to drive up to the limit.

I'm willing to bet there's a bit that says about not being an obstruction or a hazard to other drivers though.

Regardless, I believe I answered your question, so I'll bid you a good day.

Happy driving OP.

Sometimes it's because they're on the phone. The amount of times I've seen texting or taking a call and suddenly they slow. Annoying as hell

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

I had similar a few mornings ago on my way to work, the driver was up my boot all the way to the dual carriageway, he then pulled into the lane next to mine, sped off first then cut into my lane and slowed down to 50, I was like “seriously dude” "

BMW driver ?

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

It’s a speed limit not a speed target (according to a naughty drivers course which I’ve never been on)

"It’s a speed limit not a speed target (according to a naughty drivers course which I’ve never been on) "
you have havnt you

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

He might have fancied you a bit

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"It’s a speed limit not a speed target (according to a naughty drivers course which I’ve never been on) you have havnt you "

Do I strike you as the sort of person that would need that?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Plenty of employment potentially exists in improving bad driving standards - if the government was bot.

I despair. I came south on the M6 from Manchester yesterday through roadworks at 50mph in cruise control - lots of people did similar, as I sat in lane 1. I was shocked how many were speeding through the works overall

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

How?

I elaborated.

You do realise the stupidity you show in your comments. 70mph is the maximum speed you are allowed to do, it's a limit, not a target, there is no law that says' you have to sit at the speed limit, also, lots of vehicles are restricted to less than 70, some as low as 56 and some vehicles are only allowed to do a maximum of 60mph on motorways and dual carriageways, I'd hardly call 65 holding anyone up, it's called driving sensibly and within the law.

And you're right, there's no part of the highway code that says you have to drive up to the limit.

I'm willing to bet there's a bit that says about not being an obstruction or a hazard to other drivers though.

Happy driving OP.

"

Your beliefs are quite staggeringly poorly judged.

The OP was doing 65 as was his legal right; he didn't have to do 70 but as he says, the road was quiet. The overtaking car obviously did so at 65-70 to get past but then slowed right down once he pulled into the left hand lane causing the existing vehicle to have to slow too!! The overtaking driver was at fault by creating a risk!

Some vehicles are governed by law to 50 or 60 due to their size, such as HGV's & Buses / Coaches. But if any car overtook them then slowed down, would result in the same problems and risks.

I could understand your argument if the OP was driving at say 30-40 on a 70 limit road; slower drivers like that create bunching & frustration in other drivers. But he wasn't. He was driving at a legally acceptable speed.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

you need to get a level 3/4 autonomous car, it will lock onto the car infront and follow.

Then you can climb out the window onto the bonnet, jump onto the roof of their car, kick in their window, climb inside and pull the hand brake, causing your car to stop behind.

Then just kick the snot out of them and drive off.

That's what I would do.

"you need to get a level 3/4 autonomous car, it will lock onto the car infront and follow.

Then you can climb out the window onto the bonnet, jump onto the roof of their car, kick in their window, climb inside and pull the hand brake, causing your car to stop behind.

Then just kick the snot out of them and drive off.

That's what I would do."

Imagine.

By *d59michelleTV/TS  over a year ago

walsall

"Try riding a bike then you'll know bad drivers. This is kids stuff"

Left hook ?

First world problems' eh?

Would you like me to open up a Just Giving page?

First world problems' eh?

Would you like me to open up a Just Giving page?"

Tee hee

I keep meeting idiots who want to reverse the rules of the road by stopping on a main road (A49) with a queue of traffic behind them to let me turn right in front of them.Totally brainless !

Most annoying drivers are the ones that sit in the middle lane even though the first lane is clear ahead and they stay at 70... Because that's the speed limit and everyone has to do it

I have driven lorries all over Europe (glad I won't do it after BREXIT!!!)

Only in Britain do you get cars on motorways/dual carriageways doing 50-53mph. When I go to overtake they speed up, only enough to match my speed so that leaves me stranded looking like I'm causing a hold up...... So i back off, slip in behind and they slow again

I know it's only 2/3mph but at the end of a day that adds up to 20-30 miles, the difference between getting home to the Mrs or having her meet me in a lay by, if the cabs-a-rockin I'm-a-cockin

By *aren1956TV/TS  over a year ago

Fakenham

Would never happen in Norfolk, we don't have any dual carriageways.

By *omewhatSlightlyDazedMan  over a year ago

Warwick Birmingham & YamYamLand

2 wheels good 4 wheels bad

"2 wheels good 4 wheels bad"

Dukes of Hazzard 1979

In a town Fab forgot

How?

I elaborated.

Happy driving OP.

The OP was doing 65 as was his legal right; he didn't have to do 70 but as he says, the road was quiet. The overtaking car obviously did so at 65-70 to get past but then slowed right down once he pulled into the left hand lane causing the existing vehicle to have to slow too!! The overtaking driver was at fault by creating a risk!

Some vehicles are governed by law to 50 or 60 due to their size, such as HGV's & Buses / Coaches. But if any car overtook them then slowed down, would result in the same problems and risks.

I could understand your argument if the OP was driving at say 30-40 on a 70 limit road; slower drivers like that create bunching & frustration in other drivers. But he wasn't. He was driving at a legally acceptable speed.

"

I can't see anywhere that I said the op wasn't doing a legally acceptable speed.

I've simply pointed out that on a 70mph road where everyone is doing 70, doing 65 can make you an obstruction.

Maybe get the thoughts of someone who knows a "bit" about this kind of thing.

Thanks for your considered opinion.

Does your exhaust produce excessive amount of gas? I don't like stinking cars or bikes in front of me

Mrs

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I had a guy this morning I was on the bypass, he came down the slip road on my left right up next to me, indicated and started to move - right into the side of my car. I hooted and he swerved back. Unbelievable. "

Was it clear for you to move over and let him join the carriageway?

"I had a guy this morning I was on the bypass, he came down the slip road on my left right up next to me, indicated and started to move - right into the side of my car. I hooted and he swerved back. Unbelievable.

Was it clear for you to move over and let him join the carriageway? "

You can do that if it's safe to do so but,it is always the responsibility of the person joining the carriageway to give way to traffic already on the carriageway.

I know there are plenty of idiots out there but most of the complaints on tbis thread are petty and subjective.

The majority of the incidents could be avoided with a little more tolerance and a lot less pig-headidness.

"It’s a speed limit not a speed target (according to a naughty drivers course which I’ve never been on) you have havnt you

Do I strike you as the sort of person that would need that? "

you drive me wild

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

"

Do you know, on a dual carriage way, the legal speed limit for a standard van and any larger vehicles is 60mph. The suggestion that driving at 65 is "causing an obstruction" shows very little understanding.

For improved fuel economy and reduced emissions it is recommended that drivers reduce their speed to around 60mph.

Cal

By *ngelina4uWoman  over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

"

Do you know, on a dual carriage way, the legal speed limit for a standard van and any larger vehicles is 60mph. The suggestion that driving at 65 is "causing an obstruction" shows very little understanding.

For improved fuel economy and reduced emissions it is recommended that drivers reduce their speed to around 60mph.

Cal"

I wondered who would point out 60mph is the speed limit on a dual carriageway. And you are right about the fuel economy thats why wagons are limited to 58mph as its the pivot point for speed and economic travel.

We all critical of other people's driving yet none of us are perfect.

The thing to do is relax and remain calm.

Let them go.because it's just not worth it and chances are you'll overtake them with the flow of the traffic in your lane and they will look a prat.

It's not weak to give others room to maintain the braking distance needed in an emergency and on a motorway you do need that safety space as things happen quickly.

Stay safe.

"

Cal

I wondered who would point out 60mph is the speed limit on a dual carriageway. And you are right about the fuel economy thats why wagons are limited to 58mph as its the pivot point for speed and economic travel. "

It is 70mph on a dual carriageways for cars and motorcycles. It's only 60mph for larger vehicles

"I got done for speeding. Did a speed awareness course. Loads of us thought it was 60 on a dual carriageway. They told us we could do 70!! Fuck yeah foot downnnnn "

"2 wheels good 4 wheels bad

Dukes of Hazzard 1979"

Animal Farm George Orwell 1945

:0)

In a town Fab forgot

"

Cal

I wondered who would point out 60mph is the speed limit on a dual carriageway. And you are right about the fuel economy thats why wagons are limited to 58mph as its the pivot point for speed and economic travel. "

Speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70 unless signed otherwise, other than restricted vehicles of course.

As another poster above noted, this was pointed out to her on a speed awareness course.

Quote"

The national speed limit is depicted by a white circular sign with a black stripe diagonally across it from right to left. If you are on a dual carriageway and driving a car or motorcycle the national limit is 70 mph. If you are on a single carriageway and driving a car or motorcycle the national speed limit is 60mph.

Q594: What is the national speed limit? - Ask the Police

"

Cal

I wondered who would point out 60mph is the speed limit on a dual carriageway. And you are right about the fuel economy thats why wagons are limited to 58mph as its the pivot point for speed and economic travel.

Speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70 unless signed otherwise, other than restricted vehicles of course.

As another poster above noted, this was pointed out to her on a speed awareness course.

Quote"

The national speed limit is depicted by a white circular sign with a black stripe diagonally across it from right to left. If you are on a dual carriageway and driving a car or motorcycle the national limit is 70 mph. If you are on a single carriageway and driving a car or motorcycle the national speed limit is 60mph.

Q594: What is the national speed limit? - Ask the Police"

A lot of people don't realise this and a lot of people don't actually know what a dual carriageway is! Only if it has a central reservation splitting the oncoming traffic lanes is it a dual carriageway, without a central reservation it's a single carriageway no matter how many lanes it has.

In a town Fab forgot

"

Cal

Quote"

Q594: What is the national speed limit? - Ask the Police

A lot of people don't realise this and a lot of people don't actually know what a dual carriageway is!

Only if it has a central reservation splitting the oncoming traffic lanes is it a dual carriageway, without a central reservation it's a single carriageway no matter how many lanes it has."

Yup.

Often defined as; if you can roll a ball from on side to the other without it hitting anything it's a single carriageway.

If there's a barrier in the way it's a dual carriageway.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

What gets my goat, is lorry drivers who try to overtake each other at 56 mph and not being able to do so for the next couple of minutes.

Car drivers who sit a green lights and pull off in 5th gear.

How?

"

Ona multi lane road that's nonsense. 65 is a reasonable speed, even if not one I understand, now somebody doing 32 in a 60 yes I get it completely, or somebody sat in anything but lane one doing that, I would do the same if I had time but not somebody at 65 in Lane one.

"

Cal

Oh dear, and I bet you've been driving for years.

Car drivers stuck in traffic who spot the motorbike in their mirror and move to the center of the carriageway to stop the biker from continuing down the middle, really annoys me as well as those who see the motorbike is going to overtake them so they move to the right so there's no space too! Just because your stuck doesn't mean I should be too. A handful of drivers however do give us room, I'm guessing these are or were bikers too once

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

A34?

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"

Cal

Oh dear, and I bet you've been driving for years. "

. Oh dear,i bet you’ve been driving for 5 minutes

i suffer as a van driver im only allowed to do 50mph on a single carriageway so car drivers who can do 60mph get upset with you. i also have a tracker so cant go faster .

In a town Fab forgot

"

Cal

Oh dear, and I bet you've been driving for years. .

Oh dear,i bet you’ve been driving for 5 minutes "

He's right, they're wrong.

In a town Fab forgot

A34? "

The devil's highway.....

"

Cal

Oh dear, and I bet you've been driving for years. . Oh dear,i bet you’ve been driving for 5 minutes "

Lol, you're the one thst doesn't know the highway code. So that's 5 minutes better driving than you've managed

How?

I elaborated.

Happy driving OP.

I can't see anywhere that I said the op wasn't doing a legally acceptable speed.

I've simply pointed out that on a 70mph road where everyone is doing 70, doing 65 can make you an obstruction.

Thanks for your considered opinion. "

I do know a bit too thanks, having driven in excess of 1.5million miles minimum

And yes actually you do have a point. It does, although as you do clearly have experience consider this.

2 lanes doing 70ish, everybody stays in Lane for much longer, so if you're wanting to travel faster there is extreme bunching. Take the two lorry scenario. So personally I would prefer mostly lanes doing different speeds allowing quick overtakes and moving back in.

Actually what I most prefer is when all the muppets pull into the outside lanes often leaving me 1 or even 2 lanes of empty motorway, when the hard shoulder is open, for miles on end to drive down unimpeded. Strictly not even illegal as I'm keeping up with the flow of traffic in my lane. Although people get seriously butt hurt by it in their range rovers and bms

By *andydave28Man  over a year ago

weston super mare

Nearly as annoying as people doing fifty on a motorway

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

or 40mph on a parkway!

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

"What gets my goat, is lorry drivers who try to overtake each other at 56 mph and not being able to do so for the next couple of minutes.

Car drivers who sit a green lights and pull off in 5th gear.

"

2 minutes of your life lost oh well

I drive a truck 53mph limit and sometimes hold up the flow of traffic but we all get where we're going in the end .

Living life in the fast lane is a lot of people trouble now days what's the rush ? We're dead a long time

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

How?

"

To a biker, every one causes an obstruction. Good job they are turned into mobile chicane quite easily

In a town Fab forgot

How?

I elaborated.

Happy driving OP.

And yes actually you do have a point. It does, although as you do clearly have experience consider this.

2 lanes doing 70ish, everybody stays in Lane for much longer, so if you're wanting to travel faster there is extreme bunching. Take the two lorry scenario. So personally I would prefer mostly lanes doing different speeds allowing quick overtakes and moving back in.

Actually what I most prefer is when all the muppets pull into the outside lanes often leaving me 1 or even 2 lanes of empty motorway, when the hard shoulder is open, for miles on end to drive down unimpeded. Strictly not even illegal as I'm keeping up with the flow of traffic in my lane. Although people get seriously butt hurt by it in their range rovers and bms"

I do around 100k a year on a variety of roads.

IAM Assessor & 16 RoSPA Safe Driving awards.

I teach Advanced Motoring, Defensive and Offensive driving and E & E.

My driving standards are re-assessed every 6 months.

(I wonder how many people have passed their test and never had any form of re-assessment later on)

So yup, I do know a bit.

How no one can see that when everyone is doing 70, the car doing 65 is slowing everyone down and in the way is beyond me.

I have a friend who moans like fuck about drivers doing 30 in a 40 limit.

When he's on the motorway he sticks rigidly to 60. He can't see the irony. At least he keeps good lane discipline, but he scares me to death sometimes.

Yes blah blah blah lower speed = better fuel economy. I'm willing to bet no one's ever cross checked their MPG results between 70 and 60/65. I'm willing to bet the difference is negligible.

Decreased MPG is depends more on how quickly you accelerate and if you use the clutch to slow down, particularly on short journeys. It has less impact on a longer motorway drive where the speed is more consistent though, kind of averages it out.

Hard acceleration burns fuel like no tomorrow.

Using the clutch to slow down literally sucks fuel through the carbs and burns it up.

To say nothing of wearing out the clutch sooner.

By *he Stuff Of LegendMan  over a year ago

Hadfield

How?

I elaborated.

Happy driving OP.

Actually what I most prefer is when all the muppets pull into the outside lanes often leaving me 1 or even 2 lanes of empty motorway, when the hard shoulder is open, for miles on end to drive down unimpeded. Strictly not even illegal as I'm keeping up with the flow of traffic in my lane. Although people get seriously butt hurt by it in their range rovers and bms

(I wonder how many people have passed their test and never had any form of re-assessment later on)

So yup, I do know a bit.

How no one can see that when everyone is doing 70, the car doing 65 is slowing everyone down and in the way is beyond me.

When he's on the motorway he sticks rigidly to 60. He can't see the irony. At least he keeps good lane discipline, but he scares me to death sometimes.

Yes blah blah blah lower speed = better fuel economy. I'm willing to bet no one's ever cross checked their MPG results between 70 and 60/65. I'm willing to bet the difference is negligible.

Decreased MPG is depends more on how quickly you accelerate and if you use the clutch to slow down, particularly on short journeys. It has less impact on a longer motorway drive where the speed is more consistent though, kind of averages it out.

Using the clutch to slow down literally sucks fuel through the carbs and burns it up.

"

Agree with most of that but how does using the clutch to slow down work? Surely its the breaks or the engine retardation while in gear or am I missing a third way? (excluding crashing into the car in front)

In a town Fab forgot

How?

I elaborated.

Happy driving OP.

So yup, I do know a bit.

Agree with most of that but how does using the clutch to slow down work? Surely its the breaks or the engine retardation while in gear or am I missing a third way? (excluding crashing into the car in front) "

Most people downshift through the box, gear by gear, using the clutch/gearing to slow them down. Every time you use the clutch like that it sucks fuel through the carb and increases wear and tear on the clutch.

Best way is to use the brakes, then when you can go, block change down into the gear that matches the revs and drive through.

Brakes are for slow, gears are for go. Block change up through the box as well.

Saves wear and tear on the clutch, better fuel economy too.

A new clutch is expensive, compared to new brakes.

Good forward planning and observation, coupled with acceleration sense means you should never be braking hard anyway.

Crashing into the car in front is last resort.

» Add a new message to this topic