FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Evocative smells

Evocative smells

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What are those smells that evoke memories of the past for you, either good or bad?

For me, the smell of rain on hot tarmac takes me back to being a kiddie riding my bike on a long pathway down to the local woods one hot Summers day - that one memory has always stuck with me, no idea why!

Sexually the smell of Tendre Poison perfume always holds happy memories - as does that slight smell of chlorine from a wet swimming costume!

What smells transport you to another place?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I like the Spanish lift smell..and Spain smells different as soon as you get off the airplane

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

The smell of silage takes me back to summer holidays on my uncles farm in Devon. Happy days.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The smell of freshly baked bread always takes me back to my grans she always used to baking

By *rsSBWoman  over a year ago

toy town

"I like the Spanish lift smell..and Spain smells different as soon as you get off the airplane"

I agree. Not the plane, but as soon as I land it's smells of home

"I like the Spanish lift smell..and Spain smells different as soon as you get off the airplane"

I feel the same way about Portugal.

"I like the Spanish lift smell..and Spain smells different as soon as you get off the airplane

I agree. Not the plane, but as soon as I land it's smells of home "

no creo que seas español

toy town

"I like the Spanish lift smell..and Spain smells different as soon as you get off the airplane

no creo que seas español"

Tens tota la raó, sóc catalana

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Man there’s loads of evocative smells for me.

The strangest is a mixture of beer fumes, HP sauce and a gas works. When I was taken to football as a child, the brewery and the HP sauce factories were next to each other and the gasworks was about half a mile away. It was a strange mix with th HP sauce being the dominant aroma.

Perfumes and aftershaves take me back to certain times and places. Lou Lou by Cacheral and Chanel no 5 remind me of two particular women and if I get a whiff of Kouros then I’m 20 again!

The other one is the scent of sun cream. It reminds me of holidays in hot places and the fun times I had.

"Man there’s loads of evocative smells for me.

The strangest is a mixture of beer fumes, HP sauce and a gas works. When I was taken to football as a child, the brewery and the HP sauce factories were next to each other and the gasworks was about half a mile away. It was a strange mix with th HP sauce being the dominant aroma.

Perfumes and aftershaves take me back to certain times and places. Lou Lou by Cacheral and Chanel no 5 remind me of two particular women and if I get a whiff of Kouros then I’m 20 again!

The other one is the scent of sun cream. It reminds me of holidays in hot places and the fun times I had."

ah yeah, sun lotion is the smell of the beach isn’t it? I’m transported to hot tropical beaches when I smell that!

no creo que seas español

Tens tota la raó, sóc catalana "

això és totalment diferent, vaig pensar que vas ser basc al principi

toy town

no creo que seas español

això és totalment diferent, vaig pensar que vas ser basc al principi"

No no, sóc catalana. I tu fas servir el traductor google com un professional o saps parlar i escriure català i no m'ho havies dit mai?

no creo que seas español

No no, sóc catalana. I tu fas servir el traductor google com un professional o saps parlar i escriure català i no m'ho havies dit mai? "

per desgràcia, utilitzo Google Translate, però tinc un amor de llenguatges especialment alemanys,and you can tell the difference from Spanish and Catalan,Catalan is more like French or Italian than spanish

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

Christmas cake! Every time I mix the ingredients together, I'm transported back to my childhood and 'making a wish' as we took turns stirring the heavy mixture. Pretty sure it was just a ploy on my Mum's part to have us all do the mixing for her!!!

Other ones are the smell of gorse on the mountain, nivea sun cream, and (just like you OP), hot road tar... In which I remember bursting bubbles with our bare toes

no creo que seas español

No no, sóc catalana. I tu fas servir el traductor google com un professional o saps parlar i escriure català i no m'ho havies dit mai? "

Impressed

By *onny69sMan  over a year ago

Donny

Sunday roast in the oven always takes me back to my youth.

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

Jasmine, and the smell of lamb being barbequed, always takes me straight back to Cyprus.

Various perfumes also remind me of different times in my life - Anais Anais to when I was a teenager, and Miss Dior to my first job.

toy town

no creo que seas español

No no, sóc catalana. I tu fas servir el traductor google com un professional o saps parlar i escriure català i no m'ho havies dit mai?

per desgràcia, utilitzo Google Translate, però tinc un amor de llenguatges especialment alemanys,and you can tell the difference from Spanish and Catalan,Catalan is more like French or Italian than spanish"

Correct. And when people think is a Spanish dialect I'm all

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

The smell of a brand new television, when my family bought its first colour TV in 1973.

My mates farm . It reminds me of when as a lad I worked my summers on my uncle's farm

One that triggers memories is 'impulse vanilla kisses' reminds me of my fist girlfriend in my early teens. Whenever i smell it waft past it brings back those innocent teenage fumblings.

no creo que seas español

per desgràcia, utilitzo Google Translate, però tinc un amor de llenguatges especialment alemanys,and you can tell the difference from Spanish and Catalan,Catalan is more like French or Italian than spanish

Correct. And when people think is a Spanish dialect I'm all "

its all forign to me english is hard enough

Another is churches or leather, reminds me of being in my dads jaguar going out in the late 80's, really happy memories... the car smelt like a church

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Freshly cut grass love it, reminds me of my dad

Harmony hairspray and I'm 15 again.

Poison perfume. I've had some good times when I've worn that.

Cut grass reminds me of the smell of the caravan awning in the mornings on trips when the kids were small.

Coty l'aimont (not sure of spelling) reminds me of my nan.

X

I like the smell of desperation too, takes me back to my teens. And 20s. And 30s. And 40s!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I like the smell of desperation too, takes me back to my teens. And 20s. And 30s. And 40s! "

Haha!

I get the cramps with smell of female

The smell of Forest Bark on a hot sunny day reminds me of when i lived in New England

Certain aftershaves remind me of people.

For childhood memories it has to be freshly cut grass. Reminds me of being very young.

And actual real Christmas trees that smell of pine. Always had a real one and they used to smell piney

Stepping off the plane onto the airport at Cyprus. It has a really distinctive smell, very piney too. Think I have an obsession with pine

Coal tar soap (I think that's what it's called?) reminds me of my grandparents. There both passed away now but the smell makes me think of their bungalow when i was little.

Creosote reminds me of my dad, and Coal Tar Soap reminds me of a school trip to Northumberland.

"Coal tar soap (I think that's what it's called?) reminds me of my grandparents. There both passed away now but the smell makes me think of their bungalow when i was little."

Oh yes, I still buy it now and then.

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

"Coal tar soap (I think that's what it's called?) reminds me of my grandparents. There both passed away now but the smell makes me think of their bungalow when i was little.

Oh yes, I still buy it now and then. "

Wright's?

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I walked past a man wearing ‘Tommy’. I nearly followed him just so I could smell it for longer. Took me right back to 1999 and a really awesome year.

Aviation fuel. When flying was the larger part of my life..

By *an_LexaCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Smells are a big thing for me. I have a weird kind of migraine and one of the signs that I’m getting one is the fact I smell things that aren’t there.

I woke up one morning and all I could smell was Goblin steak and kidney pudding in those fucking yellow tins.

I was immediately transported back to the 1970s all day.

Lex

By *_Yeah19Couple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Bit random but I was cooking something in beef dripping the other day and the smell took be back to being a kid in the local chippy back home.

Completely differently, I have a special perfume I use for clubs and meets only, so if we randomly smell it another time it brings back fun naughty memories

TB

» Add a new message to this topic