FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What's the best way....

What's the best way....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To get over an ex you still love. I've been single for about 2 years and I still love my ex!? How do you stop? What will help me get over her? I joined this site to meet new people and maybe have a meet as people said the best way to get over an ex is to see someone else. I don't want a relationship, maybe a meet with someone would help? Easier said than done though. I should start going to socials etc?

Your thoughts please....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you need mumsnet, luv.

Mumsnet?

It's an old cliche but time is the best healer.

Get out a bit more, join a gym, club, or even a hobby group. Try going for a run. Think of things you always wanted to do but never found the time for.

Stay away from old haunts and things that will remind you, it's time to look forward not back. Take it on day at a time.

It does get better

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

"It's an old cliche but time is the best healer.

Get out a bit more, join a gym, club, or even a hobby group. Try going for a run. Think of things you always wanted to do but never found the time for.

Stay away from old haunts and things that will remind you, it's time to look forward not back. Take it on day at a time.

It does get better "

Yes, I agree with this.

Build new memories and experiences. Resist the temptation to dwell on thoughts. It’s like picking at a scab, it might feel good at the time but the healing takes longer and the scars are worse.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Accept that you aren't going to get back with them, they don't want to be with you.

It does hurt but accepting the situation seems to be the only way.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Just give it time, you’ll get over her.

I did

Thanks all. It's not that she doesn't want to be with me. It's other people that made our lives difficult. I do go to gym and get out and about. I don't drink so don't really go out clubbing etc. I intend to go backpacking next year so that'll help. It should be getting easier after 2 years surly lol

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

[Removed by poster at 18/10/18 20:27:31]

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

You need to find yourself some sort of distraction

"You need to find yourself some sort of distraction"

I'm trying this out. Had an account for a while. But last time I was on I got into trouble. Upset a few people. Wasn't a good time for me. I'm good now and got a plan. Think I just miss the closeness.

"Thanks all. It's not that she doesn't want to be with me. It's other people that made our lives difficult. I do go to gym and get out and about. I don't drink so don't really go out clubbing etc. I intend to go backpacking next year so that'll help. It should be getting easier after 2 years surly lol "

It is different for everyone!

Focus on the positives, their is some even though you may not believe it. Little things like having control over the tv remote

You don't need to drink to go out and have a good time. Look in the local paper and go and see some live bands.

You need to focus on you and stop looking back, it's easier said than done I know.

It'll sort it's self out, be patient young Padawan

"Thanks all. It's not that she doesn't want to be with me. It's other people that made our lives difficult. I do go to gym and get out and about. I don't drink so don't really go out clubbing etc. I intend to go backpacking next year so that'll help. It should be getting easier after 2 years surly lol

It is different for everyone!

Focus on the positives, their is some even though you may not believe it. Little things like having control over the tv remote

You don't need to drink to go out and have a good time. Look in the local paper and go and see some live bands.

You need to focus on you and stop looking back, it's easier said than done I know.

It'll sort it's self out, be patient young Padawan "

Nice one.

» Add a new message to this topic