FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stranger support

Stranger support

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would you help a stranger who was calling out for support with their depression. Even if it was as simple as a chat ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think anytime you see a help request in the forums, it's inundated with people wanting to?

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

" I think anytime you see a help request in the forums, it's inundated with people wanting to?"

This

By *riefcase_WankerMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Would you help a stranger who was calling out for support with their depression. Even if it was as simple as a chat ?"

For sure. Whether it's you, someone you know, or anyone who reads this, I've always got time for a fellow sufferer.

I can't promise I always *will* help, but I *do* promise to always try...even if it's just offering a patient and understanding ear

"Would you help a stranger who was calling out for support with their depression. Even if it was as simple as a chat ?"

Yes

100%

Thanks guys I will admit the stranger is me. I've had the day from hell today and don't want to push this onto friends and family and get them worried

I think I just need someone to talk to that understands and is happy to lend an ear

"I think I just need someone to talk to that understands and is happy to lend an ear"

Mention it on here and I’m sure people will help. Some may relate to your problem more than others.

"I think I just need someone to talk to that understands and is happy to lend an ear

Mention it on here and I’m sure people will help. Some may relate to your problem more than others. "

Mention the reason for my depression ?

By *irestorm 500Couple  over a year ago

coventry

Have suffered for the past 7 months with anxiety and depression, definitely can handle things better now than I did and have a better outlook on life,

This is because of support from doctor and strangers support from FAB's, so go ahead and ask x storm x

I've been suffering with A&D for 3 years now. Been on all sorts of meds and counselling and got nothing. Felt with it myself and learned to push it aside. But it's been building up and think the tops on the verge of blowing

"I think I just need someone to talk to that understands and is happy to lend an ear

Mention it on here and I’m sure people will help. Some may relate to your problem more than others.

Mention the reason for my depression ? "

Oh sorry I didn’t read the thread properly. Maybe just chat to people on here then. I think there’s a few people suffer from the same on here from other threads I’ve seen x

Mention the reason for my depression ?

Oh sorry I didn’t read the thread properly. Maybe just chat to people on here then. I think there’s a few people suffer from the same on here from other threads I’ve seen x "

If anybody wants to pop up that would be much appreciated

Yes and i have done.

I know how lonely it is when you're having a war with your mind. It's one the hardest fights we can possibly face alone.

"Would you help a stranger who was calling out for support with their depression. Even if it was as simple as a chat ?

Yes and i have done.

I know how lonely it is when you're having a war with your mind. It's one the hardest fights we can possibly face alone. "

It's so hard to tell others about it to

"I've been suffering with A&D for 3 years now. Been on all sorts of meds and counselling and got nothing. Felt with it myself and learned to push it aside. But it's been building up and think the tops on the verge of blowing "

Have a look at the charity MIND.

"Would you help a stranger who was calling out for support with their depression. Even if it was as simple as a chat ?

Yes and i have done.

I know how lonely it is when you're having a war with your mind. It's one the hardest fights we can possibly face alone.

It's so hard to tell others about it to "

My inbox is open. I'm a stranger and I'm crazy butI have 2 big ears to listen.

Yes why not and I would do it again if you can't spare people a few minutes time then your life is going in the wrong direction.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

yes I would x

"I've been suffering with A&D for 3 years now. Been on all sorts of meds and counselling and got nothing. Felt with it myself and learned to push it aside. But it's been building up and think the tops on the verge of blowing

Have a look at the charity MIND. "

And yes MIND is a great outside support. offers all sorts. Phone/internet/face to face how ever you feel most comfortable with it

"I've been suffering with A&D for 3 years now. Been on all sorts of meds and counselling and got nothing. Felt with it myself and learned to push it aside. But it's been building up and think the tops on the verge of blowing

Have a look at the charity MIND. "

I've tried mind and it sounds weird but I feel they are only listening to my problem cause they are getting paid for it. I feel like they aren't showing concern or compassion.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

" I think anytime you see a help request in the forums, it's inundated with people wanting to?

This "

I should know!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Yup.

Keep fighting it mate.

Yeah. I often get support from ‘strangers’ on fab.

"Yup.

Keep fighting it mate. "

It's a big fight and I've knocked the fucker down a few times but he keeps coming back for more

coventry

Yes and i have done.

It's so hard to tell others about it to "

That's the hardest part of depression opening up to someone, you're asked if you are okay and the response is yes, but the start is asking for help, x

Is it bad that i feel like I've had enough of everything ?

By *meraldShoesWoman  over a year ago

bridgnorth

"Thanks guys I will admit the stranger is me. I've had the day from hell today and don't want to push this onto friends and family and get them worried"

Why don’t you want to ask friends/family for help?

I’ve had depression for about 20 years, some friends are better than others, and some get ‘bored’ when you’re in a miserable hole...

Here if you want to pm xx

Yes and i have done.

It's so hard to tell others about it to

That's the hardest part of depression opening up to someone, you're asked if you are okay and the response is yes, but the start is asking for help, x"

That's it. Sometimes yes doesn't mean yes. Sometimes yes can mean I'm far from ok

Depends where they were from.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Whose opinions and support are you looking for?

A trained professional, all disciplines

A fellow sufferer, now cured

A fellow sufferer, on decent meds

A fellow sufferer, on bad meds

A fellow suffer, on no meds whatsoever

Or someone who is lucky to be happy

Maybe it's all of the above?

(Why the repetition? Well that's just the mind churning questions:over and over and...)

Your filters are blocking PMs

By *riefcase_WankerMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Is it bad that i feel like I've had enough of everything ?"

It's okay to not be okay.

You've blocked men from messaging you. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat openly without fear of having to watch what you say

I've unblocked everyone now

I’ve just recently started on meds to help with my depression, I’m not very good af talking to people about my problems, I’m usually the one other people come too with theirs. So yes I’m always a friendly ear to listen. I do understand how hard it is . X

By *ooby birdWoman  over a year ago

North West

"I’ve just recently started on meds to help with my depression, I’m not very good af talking to people about my problems, I’m usually the one other people come too with theirs. So yes I’m always a friendly ear to listen. I do understand how hard it is . X "

I'm always here for you x x

Have a look at the charity MIND.

I've tried mind and it sounds weird but I feel they are only listening to my problem cause they are getting paid for it. I feel like they aren't showing concern or compassion."

Worst case scenario they are, but can still support you.

Thanks for the support everyone I just find it difficult making the first move in telling people what's going on

"I’ve just recently started on meds to help with my depression, I’m not very good af talking to people about my problems, I’m usually the one other people come too with theirs. So yes I’m always a friendly ear to listen. I do understand how hard it is . X

I'm always here for you x x "

Thank you x

"I’ve just recently started on meds to help with my depression, I’m not very good af talking to people about my problems, I’m usually the one other people come too with theirs. So yes I’m always a friendly ear to listen. I do understand how hard it is . X

I'm always here for you x x "

Thank you B.B. x

Thank you B.B. x "

Oh it wasn't towards me

Yes x

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Try to count your blessings.. start with the really basic stuff.. small steps

Thank you B.B. x

Oh it wasn't towards me "

You’re always welcome for a chat x

Its possible to be your own worst enemy. Your mind conjures up perceived threats and problems.

One example for me was fixing my car and "what if" scenarios of disasters kept me awake all night.

Next day i got up at first light and all went great!

Worried myself sick over nothing.

I find if i have worries, to look at them objectively., like solving a crossword puzzle. Analyse and pick apart your fears and look for possible solutions. If it's something you can fix/mitigate then set to it calmly. If you can't fix it, then any amount of worry won't fix it so ignore it

sorta depends...

I had worked in mental health for a decade...but the real advice is to seek some professional help..............on fab lets say..the worry I'd have is of the ulterior motives that come into play.

Ab so fucking lutely would yes. You never know how much it may help someone.

"I think I just need someone to talk to that understands and is happy to lend an ear"
message me if it will help. As a depression/anxiety/ptsd person myself I know how to listen and how much someone listening to me helps me sometimes

Ab so fucking lutely would yes. You never know how much it may help someone."

Never know how much a hello or an ear to listen can help

"I think I just need someone to talk to that understands and is happy to lend an ear message me if it will help. As a depression/anxiety/ptsd person myself I know how to listen and how much someone listening to me helps me sometimes "

I can't message you Lacey I'm too young it says

"I think I just need someone to talk to that understands and is happy to lend an ear message me if it will help. As a depression/anxiety/ptsd person myself I know how to listen and how much someone listening to me helps me sometimes

I can't message you Lacey I'm too young it says"

Oops let me look see

By *dontknowMan  over a year ago

North Devon

100% definitely! But at the same time if the stranger is calling out for support they’ve already made an important step to recovery.

In my experience it’s those that don’t call out or don’t even recognise their depression that have more of a problem

By *ySweetLadyWoman  over a year ago

London

Yes.

By *ySweetLadyWoman  over a year ago

London

100% definitely! But at the same time if the stranger is calling out for support they’ve already made an important step to recovery.

In my experience it’s those that don’t call out or don’t even recognise their depression that have more of a problem "

You are so right there.

Absolutely.The smallest things can often make the biggest difference to someone who's struggling.

By *dontknowMan  over a year ago

North Devon

In my experience it’s those that don’t call out or don’t even recognise their depression that have more of a problem

You are so right there."

Unfortunately I’ve had too much experience of this

Absolutely I’d try and help someone on here who was struggling. People have been very kind to me when I’ve needed help recently.

Hope you’re doing ok OP x

coventry

"Absolutely I’d try and help someone on here who was struggling. People have been very kind to me when I’ve needed help recently.

Hope you’re doing ok OP x "

Ditto x storm x

As someone whose suffered from depression for over 15 years and quite frequently struggle through it alone, I always try to help someone who looks like they need it. You never know how much it could help someone.

"I've been suffering with A&D for 3 years now. Been on all sorts of meds and counselling and got nothing. Felt with it myself and learned to push it aside. But it's been building up and think the tops on the verge of blowing "

You say you got nothing, perhaps you need referring to the mental health team. Go back to your doctor. There are many types of talking therapies.

Had this conversation with a non fab friend only yesterday.

I'm always there for others, whether I know them well or not, but sadly when the shoe is on the other foot it's often not reciprocated...

However, one lady on here only this week has shown me there is at least one person who gives a shit...she knows who she is ... And I'm very grateful to her too

Yes I would and I have.

Being a suffer of mental illness myself I can usually empathise, so yes I’d send a message out to anyone on here that needed it.

» Add a new message to this topic