FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > It's about time

It's about time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Generally speaking the average modern family has more timepieces to hand than an entire medieval country.

You can tell the time by glancing at your watch, your phone, the alarm clock by your bed, the clock on the kitchen wall, the microwave, the tv and dvd player, the task bar of your computer. In fact nowadays you have to make a conscious effort to not know what the time is.

We consult these demons frequently and without knowing it because we just have to know what the time is, every minute of every day. Everything we do has to be done on time.

An alarm clock wakes us at 7am. We heat our breakfast in the microwave for precisely 50 seconds, brush our teeth for 3 minutes until the electric toothbrush beeps. Catch the 07.40 train to work, go to the gym and run on the treadmill until that beeps to tell us we've been running for half an hour. Sit in front of the tv at 7pm to have our desperate need to be entertained sated only to have that interrupted at preordained intervals by commercials trying to sell us shit we don't actually need and that cost more to air per second than most of us make in a week.

If that's not bad enough when we finally get to unload our angst on a therapist we find he restricts our blather to the now standard 50 minute therapy 'hour'.

No wonder so many of us are so fucked up.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The time I’m immediately focussed on is at 5pm today .. weeeeeeekend! But yeah, that kind of backs up what you’re saying, my day based reaching a certain point in time.

Oh and Christmas! At time of writing 1,601 hours to go!!

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

I'm sorry, I don't have time to answer ally messages or read this thread x

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day"

Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.

"I'm sorry, I don't have time to answer ally messages or read this thread x"

And so we come to the crux of the problem. The more valuable a commodity time becomes the more we have to decide how best to spend it wisely. The more time we waste deciding the more time we waste worrying if we've made the right decision.

We enter a vicious cycle to a cruel mistress, we clock on but we can never truly clock off.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Generally speaking the average modern family has more timepieces to hand than an entire medieval country.

You can tell the time by glancing at your watch, your phone, the alarm clock by your bed, the clock on the kitchen wall, the microwave, the tv and dvd player, the task bar of your computer. In fact nowadays you have to make a conscious effort to not know what the time is.

We consult these demons frequently and without knowing it because we just have to know what the time is, every minute of every day. Everything we do has to be done on time.

An alarm clock wakes us at 7am. We heat our breakfast in the microwave for precisely 50 seconds, brush our teeth for 3 minutes until the electric toothbrush beeps. Catch the 07.40 train to work, go to the gym and run on the treadmill until that beeps to tell us we've been running for half an hour. Sit in front of the tv at 7pm to have our desperate need to be entertained sated only to have that interrupted at preordained intervals by commercials trying to sell us shit we don't actually need and that cost more to air per second than most of us make in a week.

If that's not bad enough when we finally get to unload our angst on a therapist we find he restricts our blather to the now standard 50 minute therapy 'hour'.

No wonder so many of us are so fucked up."

Are you having a bad day OP??

Blame the Tories and the dumb sheep who still vote for them.

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

You only realise just how many time keeping devices you have when the clocks go back/forward

"Blame the Tories and the dumb sheep who still vote for them."

How's that work then ?

I must be different, hell I have trouble remembering what day it is

By *herrySnickersWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

That’s why we are on here right. To stop time...it works for me...

Love this: not sure where it’s from:

To stop time: kiss

To travel in time: read

To escape time: music

To feel time: write

To release time: breathe

X x

"Generally speaking the average modern family has more timepieces to hand than an entire medieval country.

No wonder so many of us are so fucked up. Are you having a bad day OP?? "

I just don't have the time to have a bad day.

"That’s why we are on here right. To stop time...it works for me...

X x "

Nice one. I'll try to remember that.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

One thing I notice being semi retired is the contrast in the relevance of time between the odd days that I work and the rest of my life.

Life is much less stressful when you're not sticking to a timetable.

"That’s why we are on here right. To stop time...it works for me...

X x "

That is good

Time is precious- waste it wisely.

» Add a new message to this topic