FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bullies and trolls

Bullies and trolls

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’ve been hearing there’s been a fair bit of abuse through the forums lately. I’m guilty of taking banter a bit to fat myself at times but going out of your way to send someone a rude message is wrong.

What can be done to stop this?

I think the individual blocking another just isn’t enough.

Should abusive members be banned?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just be fucking nice

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yes they should. Problem is they come back.

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

"Just be fucking nice "

This. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with everything or be sycophantic. Just don’t be a cunt.

Its nice to be nice..

Its just a shame not everyone is

"Just be fucking nice "

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Some send messages, some are openly unpleasant to people on threads, some make a second profile just so they can hide behind it to upset people. I’ve never understood the appeal but watch and read and you see it clearly enough.

Report abusive messages.

I don't understand the blocking thing. People can just make new profiles.

"Just be fucking nice

This. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with everything or be sycophantic. Just don’t be a cunt. "

Agreed

Too much hate and fucking drama

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

At least out right abuse is obviously identified and action can be taken.

It's the snidey and subtle digs which some people are proficient at but that only get noticed by the intended audience and go unnoticed by the majority that are more of an issue imo.

"I’ve been hearing there’s been a fair bit of abuse through the forums lately. I’m guilty of taking banter a bit to fat myself at times but going out of your way to send someone a rude message is wrong.

Should abusive members be banned?"

electric chair or the rack

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"At least out right abuse is obviously identified and action can be taken.

It's the snidey and subtle digs which some people are proficient at but that only get noticed by the intended audience and go unnoticed by the majority that are more of an issue imo."

"Just be fucking nice "

This

I’m not sure what the answer is, but public calling out when such behaviour occurs in a thread would be good. Maybe make them take a look at themselves. But it goes in waves and will settle soon before it starts again x

By *heGentleman2024Man  over a year ago

North West

There will be always someone trying to bring others down, weather on a forum in public, work social media etc it happens all around us.

Trolls and abusers think they gain popularity hiding behind a keyboard/phone but in reality they are the sad ones. Hating on people only shows their true colours.. dont be hater be a lover

Banter,debate and sarcasm are all good in the forums but sending nasty,rude messages is totally out of order.

It's the snidey and subtle digs which some people are proficient at but that only get noticed by the intended audience and go unnoticed by the majority that are more of an issue imo."

They do it for attention. Ignore them and they shrivel up and die.

"I’ve been hearing there’s been a fair bit of abuse through the forums lately. I’m guilty of taking banter a bit to fat myself at times but going out of your way to send someone a rude message is wrong.

Yes. Won’t happen though. They’ll just come back...

It's not new and it's not as prevalent as people think.

We'll never stop it online completely, but everyone ignoring it and not responding will make them lose some interest?

As a litmus test for this if anyone thinks I've done this snidey subtle dig stuff... I really hope no one does... I genuinely don't. If I seemed to, it was because I was poking fun at some one who I know pokes fun and so gets that I'm just kidding. I have 0 jealousy for the other single guys on here and feel utterly unthreatened by them. That's not due to any superiority. I just understand that, like at the clubs, it's just a party in here and the characters add to it. Some of my favourite posters on here are guys.

So perhaps what sometimes looks snidey is just someone trying to be funny not in a bitchy way, just a silly mutual poking way

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"Banter,debate and sarcasm are all good in the forums but sending nasty,rude messages is totally out of order. "

I'm guilty of being a Troll on Facebook groups, hence I did the online walk of shame as I kept getting banned.

I love a wind up, I'm available for Birthdays, BBQ's and special occasions

It's the snidey and subtle digs which some people are proficient at but that only get noticed by the intended audience and go unnoticed by the majority that are more of an issue imo.

As a litmus test for this if anyone thinks I've done this snidey subtle dig stuff... I really hope no one does... I genuinely don't. If I seemed to, it was because I was poking fun at some one who I know pokes fun and so gets that I'm just kidding. I have 0 jealousy for the other single guys on here and feel utterly unthreatened by them. That's not due to any superiority. I just understand that, like at the clubs, it's just a party in here and the characters add to it. Some of my favourite posters on here are guys.

So perhaps what sometimes looks snidey is just someone trying to be funny not in a bitchy way, just a silly mutual poking way "

That's the problem with writing on here-it doesn't always come across how it's meant to.

I do think abusive members should be banned.

I’ve had my fair share of abusive messages from forum members who didn’t agree with what I’ve said, and rather than ignore, have sent me a nasty message. Both men and women.

All it does is show what kind of nasty individual they are.

I haven't noticed any... oh... wait...

Should abusive members be banned?

Yes. Won’t happen though. They’ll just come back..."

They always do!

"I do think abusive members should be banned.

I’ve had my fair share of abusive messages from forum members who didn’t agree with what I’ve said, and rather than ignore, have sent me a nasty message. Both men and women.

All it does is show what kind of nasty individual they are."

I’m the same, just fed up. But a lovely sexy man convinced me to come out of hiding

As a litmus test for this if anyone thinks I've done this snidey subtle dig stuff... I really hope no one does... I genuinely don't. If I seemed to, it was because I was poking fun at some one who I know pokes fun and so gets that I'm just kidding. I have 0 jealousy for the other single guys on here and feel utterly unthreatened by them. That's not due to any superiority. I just understand that, like at the clubs, it's just a party in here and the characters add to it. Some of my favourite posters on here are guys. "

Fwiw I wasn't referring to you, you seem like a nice guy.

"

So perhaps what sometimes looks snidey is just someone trying to be funny not in a bitchy way, just a silly mutual poking way "

Yes some people sometimes, Other people often not.

All it does is show what kind of nasty individual they are."

That’s fucked up

There are some holier than thou shitheads about

All it does is show what kind of nasty individual they are.

I’m the same, just fed up. But a lovely sexy man convinced me to come out of hiding "

Good!

Don’t let the negative Nancy’s get to you!

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Aye and when detected posting via their ‘secret’ profile

So perhaps what sometimes looks snidey is just someone trying to be funny not in a bitchy way, just a silly mutual poking way

That's the problem with writing on here-it doesn't always come across how it's meant to. "

That's why I try to include a smiley when it's a joke. It can look a bit naff filling a post with smileys but it's the only way to avoid confusion I've found

I suspect sometimes other people think a remark is snidey when the recipient is quite comfortably aware it's a joke. So it can be a bit like taking offence on behalf of someone who isn't actually offended.

Don't get me wrong though... there are some who do make digs (I feel) and also there are some outright bullies and trolls. So I'm in no way condoning them. I'm just explaining that on my behalf there's absolutely no malice or jealousy. I'm just having fun *with* people (I hope). So if you think of me as someone who makes snidey digs... as a litmus test... then perhaps some others aren't doing it too. Dunno

Oh... But... When someone really silly comes on like the gorilla guy the other day and I just laugh at them... I definitely am laughing *at* them Sorry about that but if you're going to be a total wally you are going to make me giggle. It's just natural

Fwiw I wasn't referring to you, you seem like a nice guy.

Yes some people sometimes, Other people often not."

Aww cheers dude You too Sorry. I didn't mean to infer you were talking about me. I just thought you made a really good point but wanted to add to it that sometimes the whole snidey dig thing *might* be just a comedy lost in translation thing. I agree though that in some cases, maybe quite often, it isn't

I agree with what more or less evreyone else has said; too many people on here are too sensitive.

" too many people on here are too sensitive."

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

To be honest, compared to other sites, Fab is generallly pretty good natured.

I haven't really noticed much in the way or bullying or trolling.

Though there are one or two that seem to jyst like being bloody minded.

Maybe I'm just not reading the threads it happens in.

Nita

"To be honest, compared to other sites, Fab is generallly pretty good natured.

Nita "

Probably because you haven’t experienced it and the threads or comments get deleted?

Nita

Probably because you haven’t experienced it and the threads or comments get deleted?"

It's annoying that posts get deleted. It's like giving the perpetrators a second chance

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Odd thing is, if they don’t get a rise, they go elsewhere, usually into their “why is everyone better than me” lives.

Blow them a kiss, as ( in their world where often every silver lining has a cloud) it will make them happy.

Nita

Probably because you haven’t experienced it and the threads or comments get deleted?"

There really are some vicious threads that pop up every now and then and quite quickly get shut down or deleted by admin.

But I know what you mean. Sometimes I come on here and everyone's upset and I'm miffed as to why and it turns out some quick thread just erupted with bile and was deleted and I missed it

Scunthorpe

Nita

Probably because you haven’t experienced it and the threads or comments get deleted?

It's annoying that posts get deleted. It's like giving the perpetrators a second chance "

I think it's better the offending post is deleted rather than the whole thread.

Nita

Il not start they ban me if i do

Scunthorpe

Nita

There really are some vicious threads that pop up every now and then and quite quickly get shut down or deleted by admin.

But I know what you mean. Sometimes I come on here and everyone's upset and I'm miffed as to why and it turns out some quick thread just erupted with bile and was deleted and I missed it "

I'm pleased that I miss them ...

" too many people on here are too sensitive.

"

A couple of weeks ago I slagged off a bar in tbe forums...not a person, a bar, like where people go for a drink.

The abuse I got by pm was unfathomable. Of course the couple then blocked me so I couldn't reply.

Silly f*ckers.

[Removed by poster at 18/10/18 20:36:34]

A couple of weeks ago I slagged off a bar in tbe forums...not a person, a bar, like where people go for a drink.

The abuse I got by pm was unfathomable. Of course the couple then blocked me so I couldn't reply.

Silly f*ckers."

Which bar?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Silly f*ckers.

Which bar?"

Snickers x

Hello Beach in Fuerteventura.

"Hello Beach in Fuerteventura."

"Hello Beach in Fuerteventura.

"

Anyway, forget that. Have you seen my reply in the "things that you do" thread?

Anyway, forget that. Have you seen my reply in the "things that you do" thread?"

Nope, lemme look

""

How’s Asda?

Nope, lemme look "

Mine are easy to spot, they're all highlighted in blue background.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Completely agree and i've seen a few that are very proficient in doing just this.

Nope, lemme look

Mine are easy to spot, they're all highlighted in blue background."

Such a tit.

Completely agree and i've seen a few that are very proficient in doing just this."

"

How’s Asda?"

Took me a while to park the car

"

How’s Asda?

Took me a while to park the car "

I apologise

"

How’s Asda?

I apologise "

Please cum again

[Removed by poster at 18/10/18 21:13:59]

"

How’s Asda?

I apologise

Please cum again "

Yes sir

^^^ this

Some are so subtle that only a few will know that it's a dig.

Pretty hard for moderators to deal with.

"Its nice to be nice..

Its just a shame not everyone is "

Haters will always hate and lovers will always love.

There’s only one kind of dick we love here, and it’s certainly not one that can type.

^^^ this

Pretty hard for moderators to deal with."

Some are just grumpy negative people with nothing nice to say about anyone. So it's quite useful that they clearly feel free just to bitch all the time on here. I'd hate to find out they were like that only when I met them

On Fab!? Surely some mistake!

"Just be fucking nice "

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Just ignore them...it's only words.

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

One of the reasons I stopped commenting in the lounge forum's so much.

The banter and camaraderie that used to be here has been replaced with quite nastiness.

There's also the ones that post with the authority of "I've been here since the dawn of time, my word is law" ridiculing newer Les experienced forum users.

I'll get my tin hat now

Nope, lemme look

Such a tit."

You hate me and you love me.

Every night.

^^^ this

Pretty hard for moderators to deal with.

Some are just grumpy negative people with nothing nice to say about anyone. So it's quite useful that they clearly feel free just to bitch all the time on here. I'd hate to find out they were like that only when I met them "

They're the trolls I think.

My post was about bullies

Nope, lemme look

Such a tit.

Every night."

That I do. You make me laugh.

"One of the reasons I stopped commenting in the lounge forum's so much.

The banter and camaraderie that used to be here has been replaced with quite nastiness.

There's also the ones that post with the authority of "I've been here since the dawn of time, my word is law" ridiculing newer Les experienced forum users.

I'll get my tin hat now "

Les experience isn't something to ridicule, I would kill for some girl on girl action

Nope, lemme look

Such a tit.

Every night.

That I do. You make me laugh. "

Result

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

"One of the reasons I stopped commenting in the lounge forum's so much.

I'll get my tin hat now

Les experience isn't something to ridicule, I would kill for some girl on girl action "

Bloody typo

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Bullies... Yes.

Making a valid comment on a thread, politely challenging someone's opinion.

Having them, then 'green arrow' your previous thread posts, and use personal details to stick the knife in.

It takes a lot to upset me, bring me to tears, but tonight someone has succeeded.

I hope he can sleep well tonight.

"Bullies... Yes.

Having them, then 'green arrow' your previous thread posts, and use personal details to stick the knife in.

It takes a lot to upset me, bring me to tears, but tonight someone has succeeded.

I hope he can sleep well tonight. "

Hope you’re okay. Don’t let idiots get you down, it says so much more about them that kind of behaviour. Xx

"Bullies... Yes.

Sorry to hear that. Big hug xx

I hate the way some people on here have such long term memories. So I feel for you. We're all only on here to discuss things and have fun. I *never* green arrow and I rarely remember what someone said months ago. Why? Because it was probably just an idle thought they had. Like much of my threads are. I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt based purely on what they've written than dig up stuff

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Bullies... Yes.

This is truly fucking awful. Can't get my head around it. I've seen you. I've met you. You're wicked.

Hold your head high. Smile and fucking wave. Easier said then done I know...

Wish I had words.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Bullies... Yes.

That guy was just an absolute piece of shit looking to upset people deliberately. Easier said than done but just brush it off, he's not worth it.

I always try to bear in mind the mental state of someone if replying to their posts. Would hate to upset someone and mske any underlying mrntal issue worse for them

The best piece of advice I've ever been given is "Try not be a cunt".... if more people subscribed to that philosophy the world would be a much nicer place

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Thank you so much, your comments mean alot.

My head is high, my shoulders are back and I'm sticking my perky tits out

You can knock me down, but oh, I will always get back up... Brighter than ever!

"Thank you so much, your comments mean alot.

You can knock me down, but oh, I will always get back up... Brighter than ever! "

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Thank you so much, your comments mean alot.

You can knock me down, but oh, I will always get back up... Brighter than ever! "

Mexican wave emoji (if there is one).