FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What does it take for you to know a guy is interested in you?

What does it take for you to know a guy is interested in you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A question for the women here. Guys are notoriously bad at reading signs of female interest. I'm just wondering if it's the same for women.

Do you pick up really subtle signs of interest? If so what? Or do you find most guys are like a bull in a china shop when it comes to indicating they fancy you?

If you find it confusing too, what is it that confuses you? The subtlety of their signs? Or do they send out conflicting signs? Or perhaps disguise them with too much humour?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Separating the horny, ingratiating man sleaze because you have a cunt, from the fancy and respect you for the individual you are, is the issue.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"Separating the horny, ingratiating man sleaze because you have a cunt, from the fancy and respect you for the individual you are, is the issue. "

Fab world....

"Separating the horny, ingratiating man sleaze because you have a cunt, from the fancy and respect you for the individual you are, is the issue.

Fab world.... "

World world.

"Separating the horny, ingratiating man sleaze because you have a cunt, from the fancy and respect you for the individual you are, is the issue. "

Very well put

They stop me in the street and tell me I’ve got nice tits

Can I just say what a lovely clutch of cunts there are on this thread

"Separating the horny, ingratiating man sleaze because you have a cunt, from the fancy and respect you for the individual you are, is the issue.

Very well put "

Totally agree on this

By *amanthajonestsTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'd find it useful if they held up a handwritten sign. Like the kind you see on taxi drivers at the airport.

This isn't going to plan OP ..

"This isn't going to plan OP .. "

Let's play name the cunt hah...

God I hate that word

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I don't have a clue if the men that message are genuinely interested in me and some might say I ought to give a shite but I just don't.

Peace out!

Seduced

Only looks 33 with a body to die for and who with out doubt is the sexiest classiest woman on the internet ever.

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I always know he’s interested when he thwacks me on the head with a club and drags me into his cave by my hair

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Clubbing me over the back of my head and dragging me to his cage

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I always know he’s interested when he thwacks me on the head with a club and drags me into his cave by my hair

"

Snap

By *lsieWoman  over a year ago

where ever

Correct

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

"I always know he’s interested when he thwacks me on the head with a club and drags me into his cave by my hair

Snap "

You met him too huh? Whatta man

"This isn't going to plan OP .. "

There was no plan Spider. You should know that about me by now haha I was interested. I think Estella’s reply is pretty bang on for here...

...but is that the same problem women have out in the "real" world?

"This isn't going to plan OP ..

There was no plan Spider. You should know that about me by now haha I was interested. I think Estella’s reply is pretty bang on for here...

...but is that the same problem women have out in the "real" world? "

Yes.

If I knew how to explain it I would, in the real world, you just know.

In fab land it's a whole different ball game. IMO lots of men are telling porkies-telling people what they want to hear so they'll get their leg over.

Real world is nothing like fab world. On here every guy is interested or at least by being here it already shows that they're happy to be approached.

Real world is a completely different arena.

Real world comes with a host of problems, is the attraction reciprocated, consequences of approaching someone only to find out you read the signals wrong.

If I knew the signs that a real world guy was interested I wouldn't be getting in such a tizz about the guy that has my interest.

"This isn't going to plan OP ..

...but is that the same problem women have out in the "real" world? "

I have no idea

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

[Removed by poster at 18/10/18 12:32:42]

salisbury

"If I knew how to explain it I would, in the real world, you just know.

In fab land it's a whole different ball game. IMO lots of men are telling porkies-telling people what they want to hear so they'll get their leg over.

"

Surely no man would stoop so low? I know i wouldn't, I'm not like all those other guys...

They talk about a zombie apocalypse for an hour and don't keep glancing at the door, ready to make a quick getaway.

That's interesting. So do women generally agree that out there in the real world the problem is that pretty much every guy would like to fuck you given half a chance but few are genuinely interested in you as people and it's difficult to discern between those two??

Surely no man would stoop so low? I know i wouldn't, I'm not like all those other guys... "

You mean, I'm not the most beautiful fat woman with saggy tits you have ever seen ?

By *enuine Gent 4 funMan  over a year ago

norwich

Not all men lie !

I'm as honest and as genuine as they come and try to put that across in my msgs looking for play times but since I've been on here I've had no play other than clubs !

I've genuine verifications from single ladies and couples !

Do ladies even read them ?

How does a genuine guy get a local playmate on here ??

Seems impossible !

"That's interesting. So do women generally agree that out there in the real world the problem is that pretty much every guy would like to fuck you given half a chance but few are genuinely interested in you as people and it's difficult to discern between those two?? "

Nope. Pretty much every man who walks past me in the street, or sits near me on the bus or train, doesn't acknowledge I'm there.

Ok, I get looked at, and some looks linger longer (lovely bit of alliteration there), but they don't get an erection over me.

salisbury

Surely no man would stoop so low? I know i wouldn't, I'm not like all those other guys...

You mean, I'm not the most beautiful fat woman with saggy tits you have ever seen ? "

Well no, but you're in the top 40!

"That's interesting. So do women generally agree that out there in the real world the problem is that pretty much every guy would like to fuck you given half a chance but few are genuinely interested in you as people and it's difficult to discern between those two?? "

I'd say it was the other way round. On fab every guy wants to fuck you and pretty few are interested in anything more. In the real world guys are generally looking for people to date so are probably more selective.

You can't tell from fab, because a lot just see you as a conquest. In real life, I'm usually very good at picking up the signs. Some are subtle tells, some not so much. I haven't been wrong yet

Oh gawd, *not* saying that every guy wants to fuck (so much not saying that!) no, I mean that it’s hard to distinguish, when a guy *is* approaching, if it is just for sex or more.

"Real world is nothing like fab world. On here every guy is interested or at least by being here it already shows that they're happy to be approached.

Real world comes with a host of problems, is the attraction reciprocated, consequences of approaching someone only to find out you read the signals wrong.

If I knew the signs that a real world guy was interested I wouldn't be getting in such a tizz about the guy that has my interest. "

Annie you're just after sex aren't you. There's a YouTube video where a woman asks about 200 guys on the street if they'd like to fuck and I think she had a 90% success rate, regardless of whether they were married or not. Unless the guy's gay or madly in love with someone, if you just walked into his office, pulled his cock out of his trousers and demanded he fucked you it's highly likely he would... Highly likely

Of course if he didn't he may get you fired for serious sexual assault haha So maybe don't act on my advice here. But you get the point

In the real world I’ve no idea if a man is interested unless he tells me straight. On here it’s still not always obvious to me, yes I can spot a bit of flirting but then don’t know if he’s interested in anything more again unless he messages to say he’s interested x

Surely no man would stoop so low? I know i wouldn't, I'm not like all those other guys... "

I didn't say all guys

salisbury

"That's interesting. So do women generally agree that out there in the real world the problem is that pretty much every guy would like to fuck you given half a chance but few are genuinely interested in you as people and it's difficult to discern between those two??

Oh gawd, *not* saying that every guy wants to fuck (so much not saying that!) no, I mean that it’s hard to distinguish, when a guy *is* approaching, if it is just for sex or more. "

They do.

"That's interesting. So do women generally agree that out there in the real world the problem is that pretty much every guy would like to fuck you given half a chance but few are genuinely interested in you as people and it's difficult to discern between those two??

Oh gawd, *not* saying that every guy wants to fuck (so much not saying that!) no, I mean that it’s hard to distinguish, when a guy *is* approaching, if it is just for sex or more.

They do."

They do what?

"You can't tell from fab, because a lot just see you as a conquest. In real life, I'm usually very good at picking up the signs. Some are subtle tells, some not so much. I haven't been wrong yet "

Finally! It's these subtle signs I'm interested in. Anyone feel like sharing or is it a trade secret?

I'd say it was the other way round. On fab every guy wants to fuck you and pretty few are interested in anything more. In the real world guys are generally looking for people to date so are probably more selective. "

Wow- unusual, but I actually agree with the lady

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"You can't tell from fab, because a lot just see you as a conquest. In real life, I'm usually very good at picking up the signs. Some are subtle tells, some not so much. I haven't been wrong yet

Finally! It's these subtle signs I'm interested in. Anyone feel like sharing or is it a trade secret? "

Why do you want to know? You'll be displaying these subtle signs if you're genuinely interested.

"You can't tell from fab, because a lot just see you as a conquest. In real life, I'm usually very good at picking up the signs. Some are subtle tells, some not so much. I haven't been wrong yet

Finally! It's these subtle signs I'm interested in. Anyone feel like sharing or is it a trade secret?

Why do you want to know? You'll be displaying these subtle signs if you're genuinely interested."

Or is it a PUA let me learn what to do to get my leg over tactic?

Finally! It's these subtle signs I'm interested in. Anyone feel like sharing or is it a trade secret? "

Haha. It can range, based on personality type. One tell will not actually be the same as someone else's. I'm a natural reader of body language and micro expressions..... I'm very good at telling when someone is lying, if they are standing in front of me too.... though some are very good at it and they sometimes get one over on me

Are you for real?

Why do you want to know? You'll be displaying these subtle signs if you're genuinely interested.

Or is it a PUA let me learn what to do to get my leg over tactic? "

Haha you guys If a woman was asking what the signs are for guys that a woman was interested in them I'd hazard a guess that there'd be 0 paranoia about that information being misused. Most guys would happily tell them how to convey they're interested.

Why is it detrimental to clue guys in on what they need to do to convey their interest in you? Is it because that's one of the ways you currently divide the wheat from the chaff?

Are you for real?

"

I was echoing Estella’s post that you agreed with. Well I thought I was but she's since clarified that she meant something different

"Real world is nothing like fab world. On here every guy is interested or at least by being here it already shows that they're happy to be approached.

If I knew the signs that a real world guy was interested I wouldn't be getting in such a tizz about the guy that has my interest.

Annie you're just after sex aren't you. There's a YouTube video where a woman asks about 200 guys on the street if they'd like to fuck and I think she had a 90% success rate, regardless of whether they were married or not. Unless the guy's gay or madly in love with someone, if you just walked into his office, pulled his cock out of his trousers and demanded he fucked you it's highly likely he would... Highly likely

Of course if he didn't he may get you fired for serious sexual assault haha So maybe don't act on my advice here. But you get the point "

She was hot wasn't she? I'd be lucky to get 1% say yes I think.

Haha you guys If a woman was asking what the signs are for guys that a woman was interested in them I'd hazard a guess that there'd be 0 paranoia about that information being misused. Most guys would happily tell them how to convey they're interested.

Why is it detrimental to clue guys in on what they need to do to convey their interest in you? Is it because that's one of the ways you currently divide the wheat from the chaff? "

You are missing the point though. They are automatic responses. If you are interested in someone, you are likely already expressing these tells, without realising it. It's up to the female to be able to pick these up

salisbury

They do.

They do what? "

Want to fuck you.

Hand on heart I've never talked to a woman, in any situation, without imagining a cock in her mouth.

Why is it detrimental to clue guys in on what they need to do to convey their interest in you? Is it because that's one of the ways you currently divide the wheat from the chaff? "

I think it's in the eyes and body language. It's not something you can learn; it's a natural reaction to the person you are talking to.

Some men overdo the wooing when they just want a fuck and are not really interested in the woman.

I'll put my cards on the table. The question I've got in my head is whether I'm too heavy handed in my expression of interest in a woman and whether there are subtler signs I can give off that she'll reliably pick up on.

If you don't want other guys to know maybe pm me

They do.

They do what?

Want to fuck you.

Hand on heart I've never talked to a woman, in any situation, without imagining a cock in her mouth. "

I feel for your mother-in-law.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

They do.

They do what?

Want to fuck you.

Hand on heart I've never talked to a woman, in any situation, without imagining a cock in her mouth. "

great minds think a like

[Removed by poster at 18/10/18 13:00:30]

"I'll put my cards on the table. The question I've got in my head is whether I'm too heavy handed in my expression of interest in a woman and whether there are subtler signs I can give off that she'll reliably pick up on.

If you don't want other guys to know maybe pm me "

If it were with me I would say don't overdo it and flatter me. Other women may see that as you bring interested in them-I don't.

I feel it and see it, rather than hear it.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

All a man needs to do to convey interest in a woman is speak to her as if she's another human being, tell her he finds her interesting and ask if she would like to meet for coffee or a drink. It helps if he can keep his eyes on her face and refrain from sychophancy.

That's just me though. I hate all this game playing and skirting round, I'm too old and too darn tired for the does he, doesn't he game.

Of course once interest has been expressed and reciprocated flirting, playfulness and good old fashioned man/woman interaction is most enjoyable. But leave out the coy looks across a crowded room please.

Why is it detrimental to clue guys in on what they need to do to convey their interest in you? Is it because that's one of the ways you currently divide the wheat from the chaff?

I think it's in the eyes and body language. It's not something you can learn; it's a natural reaction to the person you are talking to.

Some men overdo the wooing when they just want a fuck and are not really interested in the woman. "

Exactly . It's not a learned art, more an unconscious reaction.

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

I'm no good with reading signs or subtlety, so you need to tell me in plain simple English or hit me over the head with a brick!

PS I prefer the first option xx

Mrs Nice couple just mentioned looks across the room, which re minded me of a time, as a young woman, when I looked across a dance floor and saw a handsome young man looking at me.

It was a look of desire and I knew he was interested in me.

I think there’s a distinct difference between asking the question “how would *you* show someone you were interested in them?” to asking “what would a guy (or gal) be doing to show (convince) you they were interested in you?”

The former means you learn to read if a specific someone is interested in you or not, the latter looks to provide the questioner with what a specific someone would look for to believe someone else is interested in them, and therefore *could* give the sense that it was being asked so it could be replicated in order to *convince*....which is open to being potentially abused.

Not saying it *would* be, but it reads a little suspectly. And if you can’t understand why that’s potentially disconcerting to a woman where it might not always be to a man if reversed, then that’s worrying.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Also, you know what I'm going to say to you because I've said it before. It contains the phrase over thinking.

I'm terrible at Reading the signs. I either don't see them at all or I read them all wrong.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Depends if the guy has balls as well, if he likes you he will tell you if GE's confident enough.

They do.

They do what?

Want to fuck you.

Yes, but I was asking about the *just* for sex aspect, of course they want to fuck - we are taking about men approaching you who fancy you, and I’m specifically discussing how to distinguish where that ends - just for sex or fancy you for sex and you and so on.

I think there’s a distinct difference between asking the question “how would *you* show someone you were interested in them?” to asking “what would a guy (or gal) be doing to show (convince) you they were interested in you?”

The former means you learn to read if a specific someone is interested in you or not, the latter looks to provide the questioner with what a specific someone would look for to believe someone else is interested in them, and therefore *could* give the sense that it was being asked so it could be replicated in order to *convince*....which is open to being potentially abused.

Not saying it *would* be, but it reads a little suspectly. And if you can’t understand why that’s potentially disconcerting to a woman where it might not always be to a man if reversed, then that’s worrying."

What she's saying (I think) is don't try to learn tricks to get a woman who wouldn't otherwise be interested in you, to take notice of you.

Be you, not the someone you think a certain woman wants.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I think I would say...hey ...I'm really interested in you

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Generally you can tell quite easily by the amount of attention they give you.

Of course if he didn't he may get you fired for serious sexual assault haha So maybe don't act on my advice here. But you get the point "

Ive seen that video its hiliousous how all the men look around first as they think it's a set up. Very few men said no. They did the same experiment with a man asking women, only one woman said yes just about says it all really

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"Generally you can tell quite easily by the amount of attention they give you. "
I've got my eye on you x

salisbury

They do.

They do what?

Want to fuck you.

Hand on heart I've never talked to a woman, in any situation, without imagining a cock in her mouth.

I feel for your mother-in-law. "

She farkin loves it...

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Sycolagy room 101. you can't fake it so even if somebody could explain it you can't copy it it's a natural reaction

salisbury

They do.

They do what?

Want to fuck you.

Yes, but I was asking about the *just* for sex aspect, of course they want to fuck - we are taking about men approaching you who fancy you, and I’m specifically discussing how to distinguish where that ends - just for sex or fancy you for sex and you and so on."

I'm not a real welder...

Not saying it *would* be, but it reads a little suspectly. And if you can’t understand why that’s potentially disconcerting to a woman where it might not always be to a man if reversed, then that’s worrying.

What she's saying (I think) is don't try to learn tricks to get a woman who wouldn't otherwise be interested in you, to take notice of you.

Be you, not the someone you think a certain woman wants. "

Partly. I was saying a hella lot more!

They tend to dribble alot

That sort of thing would probably be frowned upon. However on a social event away from work, maybe when that person is tipsy, I'm definitely going la roux on him!

"I'll put my cards on the table. The question I've got in my head is whether I'm too heavy handed in my expression of interest in a woman and whether there are subtler signs I can give off that she'll reliably pick up on.

If you don't want other guys to know maybe pm me "

Are you asking for some direct feedback?

(By the way I don’t think you’re a bad bloke, I’m only ever providing my opinion that can be taken or left, with no hard feelings. I say that as I always appear to be disagreeing with you!)

So you lot seem to be saying that if I just start talking to a woman and engage with her in a friendly way she'll know I'm single and interested in exploring maybe having a relationship with her

That's putting alot down to chance don't you think? I know that if a woman did that to me that'd be far too subtle.

Forget all the dumb PUA stuff. If I genuinely liked a woman and would be interested in dating her what little sign could I give off to make my interest just a little bit clearer?

Again, if you're worried about players getting hold of it pm me... Err unless you think I'm a player haha

I tell them

"So you lot seem to be saying that if I just start talking to a woman and engage with her in a friendly way she'll know I'm single and interested in exploring maybe having a relationship with her

That's putting alot down to chance don't you think? I know that if a woman did that to me that'd be far too subtle.

Forget all the dumb PUA stuff. If I genuinely liked a woman and would be interested in dating her what little sign could I give off to make my interest just a little bit clearer?

Again, if you're worried about players getting hold of it pm me... Err unless you think I'm a player haha "

Talk to her like a mature individual. Jesus wept.

"I tell them"

Me too. Easiest way.

"I tell them

Me too. Easiest way."

By *ySweetLadyWoman  over a year ago

London

What she said.

"So you lot seem to be saying that if I just start talking to a woman and engage with her in a friendly way she'll know I'm single and interested in exploring maybe having a relationship with her

Again, if you're worried about players getting hold of it pm me... Err unless you think I'm a player haha "

Ive engaged with many men whilst sat in the steam room area after the gym. We could chat for ages sometimes. I even got to know there names after time. I've no idea if they fancied me or not thats the truth.

Of course if he didn't he may get you fired for serious sexual assault haha So maybe don't act on my advice here. But you get the point

Ive seen that video its hiliousous how all the men look around first as they think it's a set up. Very few men said no. They did the same experiment with a man asking women, only one woman said yes just about says it all really "

It does indeed. But remember this... 1 woman in 200 said yes!! It's that 1 woman all the thousands of guys are on here for

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Just smile and say "I find you interesting, can we meet for coffee/drinks?" Prior to this, in the course of normal conversation you will have said "I'm a single father, I like model railways and ryvita crackers with prunes and saveloy slices"

The lady then has the opportunity to say yes or no because she knows for sure that you are interested in her in some way.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

You don't half tie yourself up in unnecessary knots Soulful

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"They tend to dribble alot"

From the mouth? Because when a bloke gets older sometimes the o-ring seal on the end of his knob starts leaking

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I'm guessing she was hot though, was she hot?

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"A question for the women here. Guys are notoriously bad at reading signs of female interest. I'm just wondering if it's the same for women.

Do you pick up really subtle signs of interest? If so what? Or do you find most guys are like a bull in a china shop when it comes to indicating they fancy you?

If you find it confusing too, what is it that confuses you? The subtlety of their signs? Or do they send out conflicting signs? Or perhaps disguise them with too much humour? "

I genuinely don't realise that someone is interested in me until they say they are.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

They pretty much have to spell it out, otherwise I'll just assume the flirtation is purely a smoke blowing exercise or done in order to elicit a reaction from someone else.

Some people are laughing because they think it's so simple. Others are utterly lost and have no idea.

So far all I'm picking up is that just talking to a woman is a sign I'm available and looking to date her Yeah right

Then there's a whole load of you who think I'm on about faking signs or some kind of shit like that

The only decent actual advice so far is to simply say "I like you". Is that it? Do I really have to make it that plain? I guess if I said "hey we should grab a coffee sometime" that can be construed. But I might literally just want a coffee. Can't I give off a more subtle sign that makes her go "oh he's single and interested"? I'm not talking about bewitching her or conning her. I'm literally only talking about letting her know

Not all women can read signs, just like not all men can. Just bloody ask her out! That's a huge clue

Again, if you're worried about players getting hold of it pm me... Err unless you think I'm a player haha

Just smile and say "I find you interesting, can we meet for coffee/drinks?" Prior to this, in the course of normal conversation you will have said "I'm a single father, I like model railways and ryvita crackers with prunes and saveloy slices"

The lady then has the opportunity to say yes or no because she knows for sure that you are interested in her in some way."

But what if I don't like saveloy slices???

"Some people are laughing because they think it's so simple. Others are utterly lost and have no idea.

So far all I'm picking up is that just talking to a woman is a sign I'm available and looking to date her Yeah right

Then there's a whole load of you who think I'm on about faking signs or some kind of shit like that

The only decent actual advice so far is to simply say "I like you". Is that it? Do I really have to make it that plain? I guess if I said "hey we should grab a coffee sometime" that can be construed. But I might literally just want a coffee. Can't I give off a more subtle sign that makes her go "oh he's single and interested"? I'm not talking about bewitching her or conning her. I'm literally only talking about letting her know "

You seem to think there’s some universal signal that all women are awaiting.

It’s about taking a leap of faith and being clear in your communication.

What’s so wrong with speaking plainly and saying “I like you”, why is that such an unacceptable answer to you?

"They tend to dribble alot

From the mouth? Because when a bloke gets older sometimes the o-ring seal on the end of his knob starts leaking "

Is that why older guys wear extra thick Y fronts?

Not all women can read signs, just like not all men can. Just bloody ask her out! That's a huge clue "

(facepalm) Why didn't I think of that??

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Some people are laughing because they think it's so simple. Others are utterly lost and have no idea.

The only decent actual advice so far is to simply say "I like you". Is that it? Do I really have to make it that plain? I guess if I said "hey we should grab a coffee sometime" that can be construed. But I might literally just want a coffee. Can't I give off a more subtle sign that makes her go "oh he's single and interested"? I'm not talking about bewitching her or conning her. I'm literally only talking about letting her know "

Ok. Let's put it like this. If you want an americano with hot milk what do you do when you go to the coffee shop? Stand at the counter wiggling your eyebrows subtly or say "I would like an americano with hot milk please"?

So, if you are interested in a woman I assume that you will have a little conversation to establish certain things eg is she single, are you single etc. Once that's happened you smile and say "I like you, would you like to meet again"

It doesn't half save time and confusion.

It's a process. It would be daft to go up to someone blindly and express an interest in a drink, because you've nothing but appearance to base it upon.

So you talk, with no expectation, and in the process of getting to know each other there may blossom more than the existing friendship. It'll make itself apparent over time.

I get the impression (might well be wrong) that the speed you move is off-putting to potential friends, maybe partners. It seems like you want all this yesterday. That's not going to happen. If it did, it would likely be unhealthy in the longer-term.

The only decent actual advice so far is to simply say "I like you". Is that it? Do I really have to make it that plain? I guess if I said "hey we should grab a coffee sometime" that can be construed. But I might literally just want a coffee. Can't I give off a more subtle sign that makes her go "oh he's single and interested"? I'm not talking about bewitching her or conning her. I'm literally only talking about letting her know

What’s so wrong with speaking plainly and saying “I like you”, why is that such an unacceptable answer to you?"

It leaves me really vulnerable. It's the verbal equivalent of dropping my kaks and saying "well what do you think about this?" It's just so fucking obvious. I can't run for cover incase she's unavailable or not interested

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The lady then has the opportunity to say yes or no because she knows for sure that you are interested in her in some way.

But what if I don't like saveloy slices???

"

Then quiter simply my dear Soulful, you aren't compatible with the lady concerned.

Ive seen that video its hiliousous how all the men look around first as they think it's a set up. Very few men said no. They did the same experiment with a man asking women, only one woman said yes just about says it all really

It does indeed. But remember this... 1 woman in 200 said yes!! It's that 1 woman all the thousands of guys are on here for "

I'll close the door on my way out...and that's why Estella was right

It's a process. It would be daft to go up to someone blindly and express an interest in a drink, because you've nothing but appearance to base it upon.

So you talk, with no expectation, and in the process of getting to know each other there may blossom more than the existing friendship. It'll make itself apparent over time.

I get the impression (might well be wrong) that the speed you move is off-putting to potential friends, maybe partners. It seems like you want all this yesterday. That's not going to happen. If it did, it would likely be unhealthy in the longer-term."

Forum Mod

East Sussex

What’s so wrong with speaking plainly and saying “I like you”, why is that such an unacceptable answer to you?

It leaves me really vulnerable. It's the verbal equivalent of dropping my kaks and saying "well what do you think about this?" It's just so fucking obvious. I can't run for cover incase she's unavailable or not interested "

It does leave you vulnerable. Are you asking for subtle clues you can give in the hope that women will ask you out instead? If so you might be waiting quite a while.

This!

Not all women can read signs, just like not all men can. Just bloody ask her out! That's a huge clue

(facepalm) Why didn't I think of that?? "

In seriousness though, is it because you fear the rejection, if you were to ask outright? So if you can get hints at how to give off those signs of liking her, hopefully she will pick up on them and reciprocate, if she likes you back, therby you both having that confidence that the attraction is mutual and sparing the potential for rejection? You overthink even more than me and I thought I was bad

Ok. Let's put it like this. If you want an americano with hot milk what do you do when you go to the coffee shop? Stand at the counter wiggling your eyebrows subtly or say "I would like an americano with hot milk please"?

So, if you are interested in a woman I assume that you will have a little conversation to establish certain things eg is she single, are you single etc. Once that's happened you smile and say "I like you, would you like to meet again"

It doesn't half save time and confusion."

See, for me, asking if she's single is a pretty leading question don't you think. For me that's the same as expressing interest

South Oxfordshire

Yes, you have to be that blunt!

I get the impression (might well be wrong) that the speed you move is off-putting to potential friends, maybe partners. It seems like you want all this yesterday. That's not going to happen. If it did, it would likely be unhealthy in the longer-term.

"

I agree. I think that's a great reply

Yes, you have to be that blunt! "

Cool! Straight answer

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

What’s so wrong with speaking plainly and saying “I like you”, why is that such an unacceptable answer to you?"

One of the great things about getting old is that rejection ceases to be a terror. Hence I would take that approach and if she's not interested, shrug and move on.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It doesn't half save time and confusion.

See, for me, asking if she's single is a pretty leading question don't you think. For me that's the same as expressing interest"

If I (god forbid) was ever back on the dating scene being asked if I was single would be an indication that a guy wanted to know my marital status. I wouldn't know for sure why he wanted to know that so no, I don't think its a leading question.

You must know that I'm all for transparency in human interaction. I know that's not how you like things, you prefer a more subtle approach so probably my advice to you is useless

It leaves me really vulnerable. It's the verbal equivalent of dropping my kaks and saying "well what do you think about this?" It's just so fucking obvious. I can't run for cover incase she's unavailable or not interested "

But what is the issue if she is unavailable or uninterested? You’ve complimented her by showing interest whatever the result, that’s a kind and lovely thing. Resilience is about taking a no graciously and realising it doesn’t make you any less than, and you move on.

As mentioned above, often you’ll have established the available/unavailable earlier because you may not walk up to a complete unknown person and hence there’s been some get to know you chat first; but not always, and actually sometimes this might be how someone says thank you but no thank you in a way they feel is least disappointing to the other - by saying I’m sorry but I’m not available (rejecting someone can make the person doing it feel vulnerable too sometimes).

If you’re just speaking to the woman you’ve never conversed with before and like the look of, which is valid too, then I’d suggest balancing the fact your assessment so far is solely about appearance and that you know there is more to them that you don’t know yet. So, perhaps a “I think you’re really pretty, I’d like to get to know you more properly though, would you be interested in getting a coffee sometime? Absolutely no offence taken if it’s a no, I just wanted to say hello”.

In seriousness though, is it because you fear the rejection, if you were to ask outright? So if you can get hints at how to give off those signs of liking her, hopefully she will pick up on them and reciprocate, if she likes you back, therby you both having that confidence that the attraction is mutual and sparing the potential for rejection? You overthink even more than me and I thought I was bad "

Imagine a guy who never dated in his life. He then has a 20 yr long relationship. During that time he starts to swing with his partner. In the process he learns everything he needs to know about how to flirt with women from swingers. Then his relationship ends and he's single. Now he's looking to date but absolutely everything he knows about dating is kinky as fuck haha

Do you begin to get my problem?

...Up on the Downs

The only decent actual advice so far is to simply say "I like you". Is that it? Do I really have to make it that plain? I guess if I said "hey we should grab a coffee sometime" that can be construed. But I might literally just want a coffee. "

Nope, unless you're a work colleague or on the same course or something, I will assume interest from any man that asks me out for a coffee, and I thinkm you can assume interest from any woman who says yes!!

If I am attached, I say no, it's as simple as that, to me anyway.

In seriousness though, is it because you fear the rejection, if you were to ask outright? So if you can get hints at how to give off those signs of liking her, hopefully she will pick up on them and reciprocate, if she likes you back, therby you both having that confidence that the attraction is mutual and sparing the potential for rejection? You overthink even more than me and I thought I was bad

Imagine a guy who never dated in his life. He then has a 20 yr long relationship. During that time he starts to swing with his partner. In the process he learns everything he needs to know about how to flirt with women from swingers. Then his relationship ends and he's single. Now he's looking to date but absolutely everything he knows about dating is kinky as fuck haha

Do you begin to get my problem? "

Perhaps you are asking the wrong question then lovely. Maybe asking for signs when a woman may be interested, may be a better tactic. That way, you can feel more comfortable asking someone you like out, if they seem to give off some of these signs, when speaking to you

What about if I offer the information that I'm single? Is that suggestive? To my mind if the woman doesn't offer her relationship status back she's not interested. If she says she's single too she *may* be interested. Would that work?

Do you begin to get my problem? "

Why didnt you just say that then

Perhaps you are asking the wrong question then lovely. Maybe asking for signs when a woman may be interested, may be a better tactic. That way, you can feel more comfortable asking someone you like out, if they seem to give off some of these signs, when speaking to you "

Which is an aspect of what I was trying to explain, further up!

Asking someone out is a very daunting thing, it can lead to a whole world of awrkwardness if you've misread the signals and end up being rejected.

I can only assume soulful that you would like to know how to express signs so that the lady would do the asking out? That's something I would never do, I think it guys like to be the ones that do the asking out.

Also if these can be classes as subtle signs of interest then to date I've had a guy ask if I'm single or on any dating sites, give different compliments whenever I see him, whether it's my perfume, my hair, my eyelashes, my nail colour, asking if I've lost weight, giving me neck and shoulder massages, asking if I'm going to various social events and then saying he's going to the same, asking what I'm doing on weekends many times. Yet I still don't know 100% if he's interested and would prefer if he just straight out said he was interested!

...Up on the Downs

It leaves me really vulnerable. It's the verbal equivalent of dropping my kaks and saying "well what do you think about this?" It's just so fucking obvious. I can't run for cover incase she's unavailable or not interested

But what is the issue if she is unavailable or uninterested?

"

I think you hit the nail on the head there Estella - I remember the OP saying, when he first arrived, that he wanted to be sure of the answer before he asked. Sorry, it doesn't work like that, sometimes people are just being friendly!

Why didnt you just say that then "

Because it makes me feel like I'm a bit of a wally

"What about if I offer the information that I'm single? Is that suggestive? To my mind if the woman doesn't offer her relationship status back she's not interested. If she says she's single too she *may* be interested. Would that work? "

Sounds all rather black and white thinking and making decisions based on info that may or may not be valid.

What if she is single but doesn’t immediately feel ready to tell you that or doesn’t follow your expectation...?

"Because it makes me feel like I'm a bit of a wally "

You're going to have to learn to live with that.

"Asking someone out is a very daunting thing, it can lead to a whole world of awrkwardness if you've misread the signals and end up being rejected.

I can only assume soulful that you would like to know how to express signs so that the lady would do the asking out? That's something I would never do, I think it guys like to be the ones that do the asking out.

Also if these can be classes as subtle signs of interest then to date I've had a guy ask if I'm single or on any dating sites, give different compliments whenever I see him, whether it's my perfume, my hair, my eyelashes, my nail colour, asking if I've lost weight, giving me neck and shoulder massages, asking if I'm going to various social events and then saying he's going to the same, asking what I'm doing on weekends many times. Yet I still don't know 100% if he's interested and would prefer if he just straight out said he was interested!"

You see I have this theory that asking someone out is a process of escalation. I say I'm single. She says she's single. I say I like her. She says she likes me. I say I'd like to have a drink with her. She says that'd be nice.

But you've single handedly falsified my theory. Fucking neck massages?!? And you still can't tell he fancies you?!?

Ok. Clearly I just need to be blunt

If you don’t try, you don’t get.

Rejection is part of life, and isn’t all defining.

"If you don’t try, you don’t get.

Rejection is part of life, and isn’t all defining. "

This . Sometimes you have to risk being rejected. Being too fearful of it, can result in so many missed opportunities .

How about. Fancy going out for a drink sometime. No thanks. There you go sorted

salisbury

This is turning into an article from "Look in" magazine...

"Asking someone out is a very daunting thing, it can lead to a whole world of awrkwardness if you've misread the signals and end up being rejected.

Also if these can be classes as subtle signs of interest then to date I've had a guy ask if I'm single or on any dating sites, give different compliments whenever I see him, whether it's my perfume, my hair, my eyelashes, my nail colour, asking if I've lost weight, giving me neck and shoulder massages, asking if I'm going to various social events and then saying he's going to the same, asking what I'm doing on weekends many times. Yet I still don't know 100% if he's interested and would prefer if he just straight out said he was interested!

You see I have this theory that asking someone out is a process of escalation. I say I'm single. She says she's single. I say I like her. She says she likes me. I say I'd like to have a drink with her. She says that'd be nice.

But you've single handedly falsified my theory. Fucking neck massages?!? And you still can't tell he fancies you?!?

Ok. Clearly I just need to be blunt "

Your theory is binding you to a rule book. Some may engage that way, others don’t.

The important thing is to communicate your intent kindly, clearly, with respect and clearly demonstrating that it is with absolutely no expectations or attitude if she were to decline.

By *ngelina4uWoman  over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

Men are pretty blunt in there intentions so women in general don't have a problem recognising their intent.

"A question for the women here. Guys are notoriously bad at reading signs of female interest. I'm just wondering if it's the same for women.

If you find it confusing too, what is it that confuses you? The subtlety of their signs? Or do they send out conflicting signs? Or perhaps disguise them with too much humour? "

I usually don’t know. Not great at reading the signs, particularly if a guy is trying to play it cool. Doesn’t work, I just think he isn’t that interested. Sometimes I have been really surprised.

Other times I’m not sure if he’s just filling the time, or being friendly?

There is a secret that unlocks everything, it works both men and women.

However this secret is beyond the ability of 99% of the known world.

The secret is called, conversation!

But I also have no clue how it works

Very well put

Totally agree on this "

Me too! Can’t tell?

"They stop me in the street and tell me I’ve got nice tits"

Now they ask you who ‘CLEM’ is.

"They stop me in the street and tell me I’ve got nice tits"

If someone told me I had a nice anything I’d be flattered.

I think a simple catch your eye and a smile if its reciprocated and repeated is a good indication that either sex may be interested in another. If you never catch their eye again or they dissapear even after a first smile you're doomed.

"They stop me in the street and tell me I’ve got nice tits

If someone told me I had a nice anything I’d be flattered. "

Nice bum

"This is turning into an article from "Look in" magazine..."

To be honest with all the questions OP has running around his head he could write a book.

When they send lots of cock pics...nothing makes it more clearer (mrs)

I saw a stunning blonde in the supermarket the other day, I went up to her and said ‘Has anyone ever told you, you’re stood in front of the Dairylea

Lunchables ?’

"This is turning into an article from "Look in" magazine...

To be honest with all the questions OP has running around his head he could write a book."

For who? 4 year olds?

"I think a simple catch your eye and a smile if its reciprocated and repeated is a good indication that either sex may be interested in another. If you never catch their eye again or they dissapear even after a first smile you're doomed. "

This obviously only works in real life.

On here? Who knows. Just keep chatting and see what happens.

To be honest with all the questions OP has running around his head he could write a book.

For who? 4 year olds? "

Yes the meaning of life in a nutshell

I was reading an article this morning about a woman who was into a guy but clueless about whether he was interested in her or not until he made a subtle sign and she realised he was. That's what got me thinking

For who? 4 year olds?

Yes the meaning of life in a nutshell "

Sweets, superheroes, dinosaurs and poo

"I was reading an article this morning about a woman who was into a guy but clueless about whether he was interested in her or not until he made a subtle sign and she realised he was. That's what got me thinking "

What subtle sign did he make? Ask her out, like?

"I was reading an article this morning about a woman who was into a guy but clueless about whether he was interested in her or not until he made a subtle sign and she realised he was. That's what got me thinking

What subtle sign did he make? Ask her out, like?"

Precisely! And there was me thinking you lot would be able to answer that

"Can I just say what a lovely clutch of cunts there are on this thread "

Is clutch the collective term for cunts? Surely there has to be something better.

"Is clutch the collective term for cunts? Surely there has to be something better. "

A clapping

"Is clutch the collective term for cunts? Surely there has to be something better.

A clapping"

That's more like it.

If they message I usually take it there interested lol

[Removed by poster at 18/10/18 15:05:56]

"I tell them

Me too. Easiest way."

I’m the same. Be honest and upfront.

We chaps are jolly rubbish at these things

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

Just be yourself - you can't fake chemistry and you'll feel the connection if it's mutual. Talk, ask questions, show interest in her, see if she asks questions back to find out more about you - ifyou feel there's a spark take the plunge and ask for her number...unless she asks you first!

There's always a chance she'll say no, but if you don't ask you'll never know and she could also be equally nervous to ask you! X

Im really bad at reading signs.

I have not got a clue.

Unless we have not before.

Then i knew just what to do.

A kiss at first.

A tender hug.

Just to ease the tension.

Then off to the post office to get my old age pension.

Here a step by step guide

Step one minor flirting eye contact smiles when you do

Genuine conversation

Step 2 occasional flirty light innuendos

Step 3 more innuendos genuine laughter

Step 4 mirroring way you move head arms smiles when you do occasional wandering eye up and down eachothers body

Step 5 be brave ask for her number

Or be braver ask her out

Worste thing to happen is a no

I know this works a good amount of the time in the real world

[Removed by poster at 18/10/18 16:48:09]

[Removed by poster at 18/10/18 16:48:16]

Im all FINGERS and thumbs today

"Im all FINGERS and thumbs today "

I'll get you back for that one!

"Im all FINGERS and thumbs today

I'll get you back for that one! "

i could be fingers in ladybums

I never know unless they tell me

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I never know unless they tell me "

I'm the same

I'll get you back for that one! i could be fingers in ladybums "

Or just fingers in any bums, hey?

I'll get you back for that one! i could be fingers in ladybums

Or just fingers in any bums, hey? "

Oh no im very picky

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Absolutely no idea. Life is a mystery to me

By *wingfellowMan  over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

I reckon if the chances of anything happening between two parties is slim to none yet time is invested anyway you know it's sincere interest in you as am individual as oppose to an object

"Here a step by step guide

Genuine conversation

Step 4 mirroring way you move head arms smiles when you do occasional wandering eye up and down eachothers body

Or be braver ask her out

"

Cheers dude I'll pull this up on my phone when I'm next out. But knowing my luck the battery will run out when I'm at step 3 and I'll be completely lost and do something catastrophically wrong like put mini cocktail sausages up my nostrils or invite her to a Morris dancing event

South Oxfordshire

"What about if I offer the information that I'm single? Is that suggestive? To my mind if the woman doesn't offer her relationship status back she's not interested. If she says she's single too she *may* be interested. Would that work? "

No, because I wouldn't say I was single back. And I still wouldn't assume that you're interested!

Genuine conversation

Or be braver ask her out

Cheers dude I'll pull this up on my phone when I'm next out. But knowing my luck the battery will run out when I'm at step 3 and I'll be completely lost and do something catastrophically wrong like put a mini cooper up my nostrils or invite her to a Morris minor dancing event "

car obsessive never knew they danced tho

Genuine conversation

Or be braver ask her out

Cheers dude I'll pull this up on my phone when I'm next out. But knowing my luck the battery will run out when I'm at step 3 and I'll be completely lost and do something catastrophically wrong like put a mini cooper up my nostrils or invite her to a Morris minor dancing event car obsessive never knew they danced tho"

I almost started a thread in the biker forum earlier called "bikes are crap" and with the single line "I much prefer cars". But I decided against it Figured it might not be the wisest move to piss off a whole bunch of bikers

"What about if I offer the information that I'm single? Is that suggestive? To my mind if the woman doesn't offer her relationship status back she's not interested. If she says she's single too she *may* be interested. Would that work?

No, because I wouldn't say I was single back. And I still wouldn't assume that you're interested!"

Thanks Disaster That's actually quite helpful

Genuine conversation

Or be braver ask her out

Cheers dude I'll pull this up on my phone when I'm next out. But knowing my luck the battery will run out when I'm at step 3 and I'll be completely lost and do something catastrophically wrong like put a mini cooper up my nostrils or invite her to a Morris minor dancing event car obsessive never knew they danced tho

I almost started a thread in the biker forum earlier called "bikes are crap" and with the single line "I much prefer cars". But I decided against it Figured it might not be the wisest move to piss off a whole bunch of bikers "

bikers arnt scary i seen them geordie ones in the tele

As my daughter tells my 2 year old granddaughter...

Use your words!

Hints, glances, smiles all bloody useless just talk,

Hey. They're only human. It's obvious