FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you think you're healthy because

Do you think you're healthy because

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

You're slim?

Think again!

Do you know your (unseen) fat distribution?

Science and research informs us that a fat person can be healthy and a slim person can be unhealthy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"You're slim?

Think again!

Science and research informs us that a fat person can be healthy and a slim person can be unhealthy. "

Thanks a bunch. Now you’ve given me yet another thing to worry about.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Quite often naturally slim people also don't think they have to watch what they eat and exercise!

"Quite often naturally slim people also don't think they have to watch what they eat and exercise!

"

Exactly.

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

I feel a slim bashing thread coming on.

To the best of my knowledge I feel healthy because I eat a varied but low fat diet with plenty of fruit and veg, and live an outdoor active lifestyle.

No smoking or drugs either.

This is not about being smug, or looking down on anyone else. It’s about recognising that we all have to take responsibility for the choices we make. Your health is pretty important. Why neglect it when you already know what to do..

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

"Quite often naturally slim people also don't think they have to watch what they eat and exercise!

"

Alternatively, the reason they aren’t hugely overweight and unhealthy is because they do watch what they eat and take appropriate regular exercise

I exist on cheese wine pizza and coffee

Doubt I'm healthy inside oh well we all die in the end

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

So here’s some empirical facts from my experience .

I had a heart attack in January , brought about by smoking 40 a day .

I attend a cardiac rehab exercise class weekly now and there isn’t one person amongst the thirty attending that’s overweight . Not one !

And ironically , the woman who takes the class is probably classed as obese , yet she is as fit as a fiddle and spends all day exercising !!

I don’t think that people necessarily think they’re healthy just because they’re slim. But being slim is a side effect of healthy choices, we can’t argue with that.

I'm relatively slim but I'm aware I could live a healthier lifestyle.

My diet isn't always great and I could do with taking more exercise. I'm under no illusion though, I don't need told.

Basically, if you overeat (Total energy expenditure is less than intake), the excess energy will either increase adipose tissue (fatty belly, bingo wings, saddle bags etc), lean tissue, visceral fat (fat around your organs) and into your vascular system (arteries and veins).

I'm slimish and basically have a healthy life but like most could do loads better

What isn't so widely known is that our adipose tissue has a cut off filter. This means once this sink is full, it starts surrounding the organs and filling up your vascular system.

This filter depends on ethnicity, gender, age, genes, and diet composition.

I don’t think I’m healthy because I’m slim, I’m healthy because I monitor my diet and am very conscious of what I need, and I excercise every day.

Being healthy is not about body fat percentage, it is about how you take care of yourself, and partially down to genetics.

"What isn't so widely known is that our adipose tissue has a cut off filter. This means once this sink is full, it starts surrounding the organs and filling up your vascular system.

"

Are you an expert in such matters?

"I feel a slim bashing thread coming on.

To the best of my knowledge I feel healthy because I eat a varied but low fat diet with plenty of fruit and veg, and live an outdoor active lifestyle.

No smoking or drugs either.

This is not about being smug, or looking down on anyone else. It’s about recognising that we all have to take responsibility for the choices we make. Your health is pretty important. Why neglect it when you already know what to do.."

Not bashing any size at all. Just giving information that if you over eat, your body dictates how you will look - kind of "there, but for the grace of god go I".

By *etite HandfulWoman  over a year ago

Chester

"You're slim?

Think again!

Science and research informs us that a fat person can be healthy and a slim person can be unhealthy. "

They can yes and not all smokers develop lung cancer either or all heavy drinkers get sclerosis of the liver many things arn't a given.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"You're slim?

Think again!

Sorry but as a fat person who actually does a fair bit of exercise I have to say this is bollocks and has been widely discredited.

Any visceral or internal fat makes you unhealthy wether you are slim or fat.

A fat person can be active, yes but holding more weight than you are meant to will never be considered healthy.

I know I'm healthy because I had more health checks than an Olympic sprinter over the last three years that proves it and, erm, Ive lost 5 stones, have I said recentl

evesham

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/obesity-healthy-not-possible-fat-fit-study-coronary-heart-disease-stroke-birmingham-university-a7739891.html?amp

"What isn't so widely known is that our adipose tissue has a cut off filter. This means once this sink is full, it starts surrounding the organs and filling up your vascular system.

Are you an expert in such matters? "

Information sourced from the international journal of obesity 2017, issue 41, pp 853-865

Not yet an expert

evesham

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/can-you-be-overweight-and-still-be-fit

"You're slim?

Think again!

Science and research informs us that a fat person can be healthy and a slim person can be unhealthy.

Sorry but as a fat person who actually does a fair bit of exercise I have to say this is bollocks and has been widely discredited.

A fat person can be active, yes but holding more weight than you are meant to will never be considered healthy. "

It's not bollocks

"I don’t think I’m healthy because I’m slim, I’m healthy because I monitor my diet and am very conscious of what I need, and I excercise every day.

Being healthy is not about body fat percentage, it is about how you take care of yourself, and partially down to genetics. "

That's pretty much that.

evesham

"You're slim?

Think again!

A fat person can be active, yes but holding more weight than you are meant to will never be considered healthy.

It's not bollocks "

The 2 links I've found in 5 mins of googling says it is.

It's partly what I do for a living

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I don't rattle when I walk

evesham

https://www.nhs.uk/news/obesity/can-you-really-be-both-fat-and-fit/

"I don’t think I’m healthy because I’m slim, I’m healthy because I monitor my diet and am very conscious of what I need, and I excercise every day.

Being healthy is not about body fat percentage, it is about how you take care of yourself, and partially down to genetics.

That's pretty much that."

What I don’t understand though, is why a lot of people bigger than myself, berate me for my size.

evesham

That's pretty much that.

What I don’t understand though, is why a lot of people bigger than myself, berate me for my size. "

In what way do they berate you?

"https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/obesity-healthy-not-possible-fat-fit-study-coronary-heart-disease-stroke-birmingham-university-a7739891.html?amp"

Interestingly where you predominantly store the tissue (abdominal and above v below) affects your risk to metabolic and cardio dysfunctions. Lower body adipose tissue accumulation is associated with a protective role.

"What I don’t understand though, is why a lot of people bigger than myself, berate me for my size. "

Can't help you there mate. Pay them no mind.

"You're slim?

Think again!

It's not bollocks

The 2 links I've found in 5 mins of googling says it is. "

My lecturers would mark me down using Google

That's pretty much that.

What I don’t understand though, is why a lot of people bigger than myself, berate me for my size.

In what way do they berate you? "

The amount of times I’ve been told I’m anorexic and I should eat more because I will fall down a drain is insane!

I was once eating in a fast food restaurant and a woman behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said that I should order more food because she was worried about my weight.

evesham

"You're slim?

Think again!

It's not bollocks

My lecturers would mark me down using Google "

Of course they would.....because the journal you quoted isn't found on the Internet is it?!

Googling us fine. Blindly believing all results is not.

evesham

That's pretty much that.

The amount of times I’ve been told I’m anorexic and I should eat more because I will fall down a drain is insane!

I was once eating in a fast food restaurant and a woman behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said that I should order more food because she was worried about my weight. "

Really? That's mad! I bet if you told her you should swap plates she'd have been furious!

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Alternatively, the reason they aren’t hugely overweight and unhealthy is because they do watch what they eat and take appropriate regular exercise "

Exactly

That's pretty much that.

I was once eating in a fast food restaurant and a woman behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said that I should order more food because she was worried about my weight.

Really? That's mad! I bet if you told her you should swap plates she'd have been furious! "

I know, I don’t think these people realise that it hurts small people when they are shamed for their size as well. I have never judged anyone on their size as I think that as long as someone is a nice person, who cares?

"You're slim?

Think again!

It's not bollocks

Of course they would.....because the journal you quoted isn't found on the Internet is it?!

Googling us fine. Blindly believing all results is not. "

My access is via uni. Part of the degree is to analyse and critique research.

Blindly believing? Nope.

You could try Google scholar or key in 10.1038/ijo.2017.4

evesham

That's pretty much that.

Really? That's mad! I bet if you told her you should swap plates she'd have been furious!

I know, I don’t think these people realise that it hurts small people when they are shamed for their size as well. I have never judged anyone on their size as I think that as long as someone is a nice person, who cares?"

Exactly. In my slimming world group some women turn their nose up when someone joins only wanting to lose a stone. They don't seem to grasp that to them a stone is as big an issue as 6 stone is to me. If they have been slim their whole life but are now a stone heavier, that's a big deal to them. We all have our own

Journey

By *ngelina4uWoman  over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

Im fat and I am intelligent enough to know thats not healthy, I worry at times that its becoming to acceptable to be fat these days. I need encouragement to loose weight not people giving me reasons for it to be ok to be fat.

evesham

"You're slim?

Think again!

It's not bollocks

Googling us fine. Blindly believing all results is not.

My access is via uni. Part of the degree is to analyse and critique research.

Blindly believing? Nope.

You could try Google scholar or key in 10.1038/ijo.2017.4"

I didn't say you blindly believed, just that Google is a good tool if used correctly.

That's pretty much that.

I know, I don’t think these people realise that it hurts small people when they are shamed for their size as well. I have never judged anyone on their size as I think that as long as someone is a nice person, who cares?

Exactly. In my slimming world group some women turn their nose up when someone joins only wanting to lose a stone. They don't seem to grasp that to them a stone is as big an issue as 6 stone is to me. If they have been slim their whole life but are now a stone heavier, that's a big deal to them. We all have our own

Journey "

Exactly!!! Thank god someone gets it!

Body Dysmorphia really needs to be taught worldwide

"Im fat and I am intelligent enough to know thats not healthy, I worry at times that its becoming to acceptable to be fat these days. I need encouragement to loose weight not people giving me reasons for it to be ok to be fat. "

It's not OK to be fat, sadly it is being normalised due to 60% of adults in England being overweight or obese. I'm trying to highlight that being of normal weight doesn't you're healthy.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

That's pretty much that.

I was once eating in a fast food restaurant and a woman behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said that I should order more food because she was worried about my weight. "

Cheeky bitch! I know exactly where you're coming from though,a nurse told me a few years ago I could do with being a bit bigger. I can't remember her exact terminology so don't quote me. But it's like no this is my natural weight I don't starve myself so sod off. I've always been like this and I'm not going to overfeed myself so I fit into your guidelines.

That was a few year's ago and middle aged spread has sorted that.

Weight gain in adipose tissue is your body's way of storing potentially toxic lipids (fats). How much you can store is dependent upon your personal fat storing capacity at any one point.

Did you know that every person has the same number of fat storing cells? It's all about whether they are activated or not!

That's pretty much that.

Cheeky bitch! I know exactly where you're coming from though,a nurse told me a few years ago I could do with being a bit bigger. I can't remember her exact terminology so don't quote me. But it's like no this is my natural weight I don't starve myself so sod off. I've always been like this and I'm not going to overfeed myself so I fit into your guidelines.

That was a few year's ago and middle aged spread has sorted that."

See this is why I love my doctor, as he doesn’t care that my BMI says I’m underweight, because I’m physically healthy. Plus I’m only half a stone underweight.

By *imandher84Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

Naturally slim male here i eat what i want and i avoid gyms like the money pits they are, feel free to do the same i won't judge you will you judge me..

"Naturally slim male here i eat what i want and i avoid gyms like the money pits they are, feel free to do the same i won't judge you will you judge me.. "

It's about disseminating info, not judgement.

"Did you know that every person has the same number of fat storing cells? It's all about whether they are activated or not!"

Unless they have adipocyte hyperplasia.

"Did you know that every person has the same number of fat storing cells? It's all about whether they are activated or not!

Unless they have adipocyte hyperplasia. "

Lol there's an exception to every rule and luckily that's a rare one

Leeds

"Naturally slim male here i eat what i want and i avoid gyms like the money pits they are, feel free to do the same i won't judge you will you judge me..

It's about disseminating info, not judgement. "

Honestly hand on heart is it?

The way you structured your opening statement certainly didn't come across that way.

Most information is freely available if people choose to become informed they can do. The way you opened the debate didn't strike as somebody freely sharing information as much as it did someone going ah hah so there.

Try reversing this topic and see what response it gathers.

"Did you know that every person has the same number of fat storing cells? It's all about whether they are activated or not!

Unless they have adipocyte hyperplasia.

Lol there's an exception to every rule and luckily that's a rare one "

I like the idea of liposuction and "knowing" those cells won't be replaced . Mind you, after reading this research review, maybe losing my storing capacity would be a bad idea, eek.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

To be honest there is so much information constantly being aimed at us about what we should and shouldn't do to remain healthy that I'm innured to it. Every time a new thing comes up that I should or shouldn't be doing I almost shrug my shoulders and say "next!".

I eat in moderation, rarely drink, don't smoke, swim two or three times a week and walk miles. Yet I daily breathe in carbon monoxide from traffic pollution and ingest god knows what in my food but can do little or nothing about that.

"Naturally slim male here i eat what i want and i avoid gyms like the money pits they are, feel free to do the same i won't judge you will you judge me..

The way you structured your opening statement certainly didn't come across that way.

Most information is freely available if people choose to become informed they can do. The way you opened the debate didn't strike as somebody freely sharing information as much as it did someone going ah hah so there.

Try reversing this topic and see what response it gathers. "

Weight/size is a sensitive area. I have composed threads on obesity.

"To be honest there is so much information constantly being aimed at us about what we should and shouldn't do to remain healthy that I'm innured to it. Every time a new thing comes up that I should or shouldn't be doing I almost shrug my shoulders and say "next!".

I eat in moderation, rarely drink, don't smoke, swim two or three times a week and walk miles. Yet I daily breathe in carbon monoxide from traffic pollution and ingest god knows what in my food but can do little or nothing about that."

Totally agree.

Leeds

"

So my only question here would be why?

Those of us whom are slim and don't live a completely healthy lifestyle know we wouldn't be classified as healthy.

Those of us whom are overweight and don't live a completely healthy lifestyle know we wouldn't be classified as healthy.. So why point it out, to what gain.

Hey maybe it's me I shouldn't have wandered in here in the first place. All i will say is anybody made to feel about themselves with threads please don't you know your own strengths and weaknesses paint on one of these and join me over here.. I have beer and cheese. Be happy that's the healthy thing to do.

That's pretty much that.

What I don’t understand though, is why a lot of people bigger than myself, berate me for my size. "

Probably jealousy or their own insecurities!

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

i eat well and train.

Those of us whom are slim and don't live a completely healthy lifestyle know we wouldn't be classified as healthy.

Those of us whom are overweight and don't live a completely healthy lifestyle know we wouldn't be classified as healthy.. So why point it out, to what gain.

Hey maybe it's me I shouldn't have wandered in here in the first place. All i will say is anybody made to feel about themselves with threads please don't you know your own strengths and weaknesses paint on one of these and join me over here.. I have beer and cheese. Be happy that's the healthy thing to do. "

You're making the assumption everyone thinks like you and/or has the same knowledge. They don't.

Dissemination of knowledge is a good thing.

Leeds

Hey maybe it's me I shouldn't have wandered in here in the first place. All i will say is anybody made to feel about themselves with threads please don't you know your own strengths and weaknesses paint on one of these and join me over here.. I have beer and cheese. Be happy that's the healthy thing to do.

You're making the assumption everyone thinks like you and/or has the same knowledge. They don't.

Dissemination of knowledge is a good thing. "

I'm making the assumption that everyone has a base line of intelligence barring those poor people who posses next to no faculties 99% of human beings know the simple fact that there health won't be 100% no matter what they do or which current trends they get behind do we really need or have the right to tell anyone?

Dissemination of knowledge is a good thing.

I'm making the assumption that everyone has a base line of intelligence barring those poor people who posses next to no faculties 99% of human beings know the simple fact that there health won't be 100% no matter what they do or which current trends they get behind do we really need or have the right to tell anyone?

"

Disseminating info aids a person in making an informed decision.

I'm not going around telling people not to over eat but saying how the body stores excess energy.

Take it or leave it info

Leeds

I feel i need to step down a little here im not attacking you personally it's the institution of "guilt" we have become for every "selfish" action we are bombarded with "penance". We ritually admonish, belittle and "educate" those who don't register to the current standards.

There is a reason steroid use and its alter egos have been rising in recent years, there is a reason why more young men than ever are commiting suicide there is a reason more and more young people are seeking plastic surgery or even just struggling with there mental health and self esteem.

Topics such as this are just the tip of a hugely awful iceberg we all seem to be jumping up and down on.

I honestly can't remember the last conversation i had where a new "fad" diet wasn't brought up when waiting to pick my little people up it genuinely makes me sad.

I should add i am now and always have been happy in my skin i just feel for those who can't/won't rally against those trying to change them for "better" in there eyes.

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

I’m neither far nor thin , I do everything in moderation , and play lots of squash , so I think I will border more on healthy in my humble opinion

Yes I do, fitness and diet is dialled in perfectly in my lifestyle

"I feel i need to step down a little here im not attacking you personally it's the institution of "guilt" we have become for every "selfish" action we are bombarded with "penance". We ritually admonish, belittle and "educate" those who don't register to the current standards.

There is a reason steroid use and its alter egos have been rising in recent years, there is a reason why more young men than ever are commiting suicide there is a reason more and more young people are seeking plastic surgery or even just struggling with there mental health and self esteem.

Topics such as this are just the tip of a hugely awful iceberg we all seem to be jumping up and down on.

I honestly can't remember the last conversation i had where a new "fad" diet wasn't brought up when waiting to pick my little people up it genuinely makes me sad.

I should add i am now and always have been happy in my skin i just feel for those who can't/won't rally against those trying to change them for "better" in there eyes. "

Change has to come from the individual. Factual information is just one component of that change. In fact, directing change is a sure fire way of increasing resistance to change.

"You're slim?

Think again!

Yay

I'm always thin...I can eat loads..then I simply dont...never been a 3 meals a day type..I usually only exercise when walking wanking or shagging..

wanking and walking take up alot of my time...

Oh and I look like am in ma twenties...

I dont give a fuck if I'm a little fatty-skinny lol

By *wingfellowMan  over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

None of us are getting out alive, I just do what I enjoy. When my time comes there's no stopping it

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

As long as your happy with yourself who actually gives a crap about unseen fat distribution

As one wise post above put it we all die in the end

"As long as your happy with yourself who actually gives a crap about unseen fat distribution

As one wise post above put it we all die in the end "

I've seen some really fat ghosts..its not the end..they still ride booooooooo!cycles

Does it matter?

When I was young still at school I used to work on a farm, the chemical exposure gave me cancer, which stayed passive until I was in my 40's when it switched to active and needed treatment with a shed load of steroids which gave me 3 heart attacks in a few weeks. 5 years later a side effect of the original chemo kicked in, which was worse cancer, more chemo, bone marrow transplant shed loads of steroids.

Anything I ate, drank, smoked. Any exercise I did would not change a thing, I got screwed at about 14 years old because I didn't wear a face mask.

Live till you die, and don't stop too soon.

"You're slim?

Think again!

Yay"

I must admit I omitted the word metabolically before healthy/unhealthy

"Does it matter?

When I was young still at school I used to work on a farm, the chemical exposure gave me cancer, which stayed passive until I was in my 40's when it switched to active and needed treatment with a shed load of steroids which gave me 3 heart attacks in a few weeks. 5 years later a side effect of the original chemo kicked in, which was worse cancer, more chemo, bone marrow transplant shed loads of steroids.

Anything I ate, drank, smoked. Any exercise I did would not change a thing, I got screwed at about 14 years old because I didn't wear a face mask.

Live till you die, and don't stop too soon. "

It will matter to some but not others.

I know I'm a lot healthier now I'm slimmer:

1. because I now watch what I eat

2. Because I lost shit loads of weight so the stress on my body is less

3. I now partake in exercise which I struggled to do when I was obese.

So no. I don't think I'm healthy, I know I'm a darn sight healthier than I was nearly 4 stone ago.

This kind of fuzzy logic doesn’t help anyone, it’s the sort of thing obese people use to justify eating what they like. The fact is, if you eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly, which is what we need to do to stay as healthy as possible, you’re not going to be fat.

"I know I'm a lot healthier now I'm slimmer:

So no. I don't think I'm healthy, I know I'm a darn sight healthier than I was nearly 4 stone ago. "

Well done. Love to hear success stories

"This kind of fuzzy logic doesn’t help anyone, it’s the sort of thing obese people use to justify eating what they like. The fact is, if you eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly, which is what we need to do to stay as healthy as possible, you’re not going to be fat. "

Cannot be arsed to argue with you at this time of night.

So no. I don't think I'm healthy, I know I'm a darn sight healthier than I was nearly 4 stone ago. "

we coulda just shagged loads ffs..

So no. I don't think I'm healthy, I know I'm a darn sight healthier than I was nearly 4 stone ago.

we coulda just shagged loads ffs.. "

Hey Paddy, I need to lose weight

we coulda just shagged loads ffs.. "

Now he tells me

we coulda just shagged loads ffs..

Now he tells me "

but of course , even without my help..ya dun good (hence my fabs ya filthy harlot) xxx

"This kind of fuzzy logic doesn’t help anyone, it’s the sort of thing obese people use to justify eating what they like. The fact is, if you eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly, which is what we need to do to stay as healthy as possible, you’re not going to be fat.

Cannot be arsed to argue with you at this time of night. "

This translates as, I haven’t got a comeback.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Body size and build often don't play any major fact in illness.

EG. My brother fell ill 3 yrs ago. He was slim, ate relatively healthily, drank a bottle of red wine a week, exercised by cycling 250 mls a week for fun, yet ended up having a triple heart bypass within 4 days of being found unconscious on a forest cycle track.

Cause? An unknown excess cholesterol build up illness which blocked his arteries as the body couldn't expel it naturally. It is hereditary too, so I need yearly checks.

I'm 63, weigh 15st, but used to be 25-26 st back in 2001. I could be 3st lighter but struggle with losing the weight.

But my heart and other major organs are 100% healthy; I have never smoked nor d*unk alcohol. Yes, I am Diabetic T2 but that's well under control & my cholesterol at my last check up was 3.2 plus my BP is always spot on.

My GP and his team accept me for what I am and work with me accordingly. In the words of the Senior Nurse, "she wished she'd more healthy 63 yr olds like me to have on their books!"

Sometimes, how a person looks isn't always an exact story.

No, I don't assume I'm healthy because I'm slim, but I do think I'm healthier than I was before I lost 50lb

"This kind of fuzzy logic doesn’t help anyone, it’s the sort of thing obese people use to justify eating what they like. The fact is, if you eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly, which is what we need to do to stay as healthy as possible, you’re not going to be fat. "

Coming from a shrinking fattie, I agree!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"You're slim?

Think again!

So..... would I be better off putting on 4 stone because I'm slim and i *might* be unhealthy? Do you think i might grow into a health fat man, rather than a possibly unhealthy slim man if I let my healthy diet go to shit? Should I step away from vegetables, salad, olive oil and oily fish. And move towards Greggs and doughnuts ? Today, my total level of cholesterol was measured at 3. How much healthier will i become when I'm overweight?

"You're slim?

Think again!

So..... would I be better off putting on 4 stone because I'm slim and i *might* be unhealthy? Do you think i might grow into a health fat man, rather than a possibly unhealthy slim man if I let my healthy diet go to shit? Should I step away from vegetables, salad, olive oil and oily fish. And move towards Greggs and doughnuts ? Today, my total level of cholesterol was measured at 3. How much healthier will i become when I'm overweight?"

Except that’s completely not what was being said.

"This kind of fuzzy logic doesn’t help anyone, it’s the sort of thing obese people use to justify eating what they like. The fact is, if you eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly, which is what we need to do to stay as healthy as possible, you’re not going to be fat.

Cannot be arsed to argue with you at this time of night.

This translates as, I haven’t got a comeback. "

I gave you plenty of comeback on the obesity threads

"Body size and build often don't play any major fact in illness.

EG. My brother fell ill 3 yrs ago. He was slim, ate relatively healthily, drank a bottle of red wine a week, exercised by cycling 250 mls a week for fun, yet ended up having a triple heart bypass within 4 days of being found unconscious on a forest cycle track.

Cause? An unknown excess cholesterol build up illness which blocked his arteries as the body couldn't expel it naturally. It is hereditary too, so I need yearly checks.

I'm 63, weigh 15st, but used to be 25-26 st back in 2001. I could be 3st lighter but struggle with losing the weight.

But my heart and other major organs are 100% healthy; I have never smoked nor d*unk alcohol. Yes, I am Diabetic T2 but that's well under control & my cholesterol at my last check up was 3.2 plus my BP is always spot on.

My GP and his team accept me for what I am and work with me accordingly. In the words of the Senior Nurse, "she wished she'd more healthy 63 yr olds like me to have on their books!"

Sometimes, how a person looks isn't always an exact story."

You're agreeing with me

"No, I don't assume I'm healthy because I'm slim, but I do think I'm healthier than I was before I lost 50lb "

Well done. I bet you feel healthier for it

My cousin, who was slim, had very high cholesterol for years and mine has always been normal.

"You're slim?

Think again!

So..... would I be better off putting on 4 stone because I'm slim and i *might* be unhealthy? Do you think i might grow into a health fat man, rather than a possibly unhealthy slim man if I let my healthy diet go to shit? Should I step away from vegetables, salad, olive oil and oily fish. And move towards Greggs and doughnuts ? Today, my total level of cholesterol was measured at 3. How much healthier will i become when I'm overweight?"

"You're slim?

Think again!

So..... would I be better off putting on 4 stone because I'm slim and i *might* be unhealthy? Do you think i might grow into a health fat man, rather than a possibly unhealthy slim man if I let my healthy diet go to shit? Should I step away from vegetables, salad, olive oil and oily fish. And move towards Greggs and doughnuts ? Today, my total level of cholesterol was measured at 3. How much healthier will i become when I'm overweight?

Except that’s completely not what was being said. "

I

Our Clem just likes to stir the pot

My mum smoked like a trooper and died just before her 87th birthday.

A nephew of mine didn't smoke, was average build, played sport and died of a heart attack brought on by cholesterol in his heart aged 36.

Doesn't seem fair does it.

By *DKinkyJenTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

My philosophy is ‘We’re all going to die anyway so let’s just enjoy ourselves without hurting too many people along the way before we do’

"No, I don't assume I'm healthy because I'm slim, but I do think I'm healthier than I was before I lost 50lb

Well done. I bet you feel healthier for it "

Healthier yes, but not healthy

"My mum smoked like a trooper and died just before her 87th birthday.

A nephew of mine didn't smoke, was average build, played sport and died of a heart attack brought on by cholesterol in his heart aged 36.

Doesn't seem fair does it. "

Basing it on the research evidence, the cholesterol is the storing of lipids in the vascular system I mentioned earlier. We just don't know what is going on inside our bodies.

Basing it on the research evidence, the cholesterol is the storing of lipids in the vascular system I mentioned earlier. We just don't know what is going on inside our bodies.

"

He had tests done because 2 of his uncles died with it. They would only have known if they had looked into his heart.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Fat folk are harder to kid nap... Eat cake! Save yourself the worry!

He had tests done because 2 of his uncles died with it. They would only have known if they had looked into his heart.

"

It is horribly young

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

As someone working to become healthier, I agree with this. I love food and hate exercise but have come to realise that I need to make better food choices and exercise more to be healthier and lose excess fat. Fact

Mrs

"Im fat and I am intelligent enough to know thats not healthy, I worry at times that its becoming to acceptable to be fat these days. I need encouragement to loose weight not people giving me reasons for it to be ok to be fat. "

We all come in shapes and sizes it defines who we are I've spent years worrying about weight even when I was 9 stone I thought I was fat. I've had a few health problems but always considered myself to be happy weight is now 12 stone and it shot up to 15 at 1 time. We as women will probably always worry about weight.

Bless your heart

"You're slim?

Think again!

Yay

I must admit I omitted the word metabolically before healthy/unhealthy "

Fuck...

I’d better hit the gym

» Add a new message to this topic