FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Whats in a label???

Whats in a label???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Bi? Gay? Bi curious? Does it really matter? Everyone has there kinks, preferences, turn ons, turn offs. Take me for instance, I enjoy CBT (cock and ball torture). Does is it really matter in the end? As long as the end result is what the person in questions wants or desires??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope

By *i KinkyThorntonCouple  over a year ago

THORNTON-CLEVELEYS

well technically if i have to label myself i am pan sexual gender fluid but thats society right i just like a bit of everything and feel comfy in the clothes i choose for the day does it make me strange lol

"Bi? Gay? Bi curious? Does it really matter? Everyone has there kinks, preferences, turn ons, turn offs. Take me for instance, I enjoy CBT (cock and ball torture). Does is it really matter in the end? As long as the end result is what the person in questions wants or desires??"

Sometimes even the labels don’t provide full clarity. Imagine if you wanted Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and you simply asked for CBT...

Helps people to find what they are looking for.

I have a label.

It's got 'out of date' on it

I have a label machine and helps with sorting files and can highly recommend using one

There are several threads like this recently.

So is how we label ourselves important. To be honest in someways they are, limiting or picking one label to try and understands someone not so.

We are multifaceted individuals that are defined by many different things and labels in our lives. And as such one label will never be enough to definitivly describe us.

But some of us wear labels as badges of honour or the journey with have taken to get to were we are.

I (MT) came out as bi in the 80s it was not a decade of enlightenment and I was not accepted withing the straight community or the gay community.

I went through a lot of hate prejudices and violence when I came out and I am proud of that party of me.

So for me that label is important to me and great if you feel you dont need to label yourself via your sexuality that's great don't but just because you don't feel the need for labels it does not make them wrong

No it doesn't matter unless someone wants to make it matter. People generally like labels as they are useful descriptors, i.e. one word can be used as a summary to describe something that would otherwise take more explanation. The unfortunate thing about labels is that they often have connotations and inferences that may well vary from person to person and can result in stereotyping. People find labels about others comforting as it enables them to pigeon hole that person and in their mind that says that they have understood them, rather than being uncertain and confused about them.

By *oresexMan  over a year ago

South West coast

Because without a label, there's no washing instructions, we could all end up ruined and out of shape.

» Add a new message to this topic