FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Can women be friend zoned?

Can women be friend zoned?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Guys do you friend zone women that you think are hot but they consistently make you laugh every time you're chatting to them?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have a few female fab friends some I meet often to just walk or share a cuppa. We have becomereally good friends and naughtiness would spoil our friendships I think I like things as they are

Ok so next question, how do you avoid being friend zoned!?

Is this re the bloke at work?

Hope you’re okay x

The friend zone doesn’t exist IMO.

It does in a ‘oh we were in love and now we aren’t and are friends’ but other than that, I personally don’t think it exists

You have to laugh at their jokes instead.

By *umblebee76Man  over a year ago

hull

Got a few friends that ive met on here but cant really say ive consciously friend zoned any of them

Oooooh yes. Ive friend zoned many! I make a habbit of it!

"Ok so next question, how do you avoid being friend zoned!?"

What is friend zoned?

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I've been told (by a man) that most men think along the lines of a female friend is just someone they haven't fucked yet!

But definitely not ruled out! That said a lot to me

"I've been told (by a man) that most men think along the lines of a female friend is just someone they haven't fucked yet!

But definitely not ruled out! That said a lot to me "

Yup!

One of my guy friends said similar to this before and I do believe it.

I’ve never been friend zoned, but I do think women can be friend zoned, probably in the minority though!

"Is this re the bloke at work?

Hope you’re okay x"

Nothing's happened, but I think I might be in the friend zone.

Like I know I'm funny, I always have been witty and quick, all my friends say it, people on here say it, I even make myself laugh I can't help it. But I don't want to fall into the category of just being a laugh.

"Guys do you friend zone women that you think are hot but they consistently make you laugh every time you're chatting to them? "

I’ve got some really good female friends, one in particular who I get on with like a house on fire, all we do when we’re together is laugh and everybody says what a lovely couple we’d make but sadly I’m the one who is friend zoned. I think women are more likely to write men off as friends only rather than the other way round.

"Guys do you friend zone women that you think are hot but they consistently make you laugh every time you're chatting to them?

I’ve got some really good female friends, one in particular who I get on with like a house on fire, all we do when we’re together is laugh and everybody says what a lovely couple we’d make but sadly I’m the one who is friend zoned. I think women are more likely to write men off as friends only rather than the other way round. "

‘Write men off as friends’ how is that a write off? If someone isn’t interested in you romantically or sexually that doesn’t mean it’s a write off

"Ok so next question, how do you avoid being friend zoned!?

What is friend zoned? "

Pull is that you ?

Yes

"I've been told (by a man) that most men think along the lines of a female friend is just someone they haven't fucked yet!

But definitely not ruled out! That said a lot to me "

Okay, so you take one mans word as gospel ?

"Guys do you friend zone women that you think are hot but they consistently make you laugh every time you're chatting to them?

I’ve got some really good female friends, one in particular who I get on with like a house on fire, all we do when we’re together is laugh and everybody says what a lovely couple we’d make but sadly I’m the one who is friend zoned. I think women are more likely to write men off as friends only rather than the other way round.

‘Write men off as friends’ how is that a write off? If someone isn’t interested in you romantically or sexually that doesn’t mean it’s a write off "

a friendship that isnt sexual shouldn't be worth less

‘Write men off as friends’ how is that a write off? If someone isn’t interested in you romantically or sexually that doesn’t mean it’s a write off

a friendship that isnt sexual shouldn't be worth less"

exactly, that’s why I feel the friend zone doesn’t exist

"Guys do you friend zone women that you think are hot but they consistently make you laugh every time you're chatting to them? "

Men don’t friendzone hot women, if you’re looking for someone to make you laugh, you see your male mates.

The friend zone doesn’t exist

You’re attracted to someone or you aren’t. You want to have sex with someone or you don’t. You want to be with someone or you don’t.

"The friend zone doesn’t exist

You’re attracted to someone or you aren’t. You want to have sex with someone or you don’t. You want to be with someone or you don’t.

"

Exactly

By *lenderfoxMan  over a year ago

Leeds

exactly, that’s why I feel the friend zone doesn’t exist "

It doesn't, it's a bullshit term made up by misogynists

"

Tell that to all the men up and down the country that are in the friend zone.

It doesn't, it's a bullshit term made up by misogynists"

Exactly

Tell that to all the men up and down the country that are in the friend zone. "

I can’t, it doesn’t exist

Tell that to all the men up and down the country that are in the friend zone. "

There isn’t a friend zone to be in

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

What is friend zoned? Never heard of the phrase.

It doesn't, it's a bullshit term made up by misogynists"

Yep!

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

It depends if I'm laughing with the hot woman or at her I guess

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

If the friend zone is basically a friend that you don’t want to fuck, then yes, women can be friend zoned.

Men don’t friendzone hot women, if you’re looking for someone to make you laugh, you see your male mates. "

So you're saying I'm not hot?

Men don’t friendzone hot women, if you’re looking for someone to make you laugh, you see your male mates.

So you're saying I'm not hot? "

No, I’m saying you probably haven’t been friend zoned, unless he’s seeing someone else.

By *riefcase_WankerMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I dunno, I think the friendzone *does* exist...I can't say I've ever friendzoned a woman, but I've purposefully friendzoned myself a couple of times...

For instance one was a girl I got chatting to off of Reddit, one of the hook-up subreddits; she initially posted looking for a bit of side-action because her relationship wasn't great and we got chatting for a bit before she disappeared. She resurfaced a little while later, apologising for going AWOL, but explaining she'd split up with her fella and was in pieces.

After chatting a bit more and realising she was spiralling down into a bit of a funk, I basically said to her that I thought she needed a friend more than anything else, so we took the whole hooking up thing off the table. She's real pretty, but if anything came of the situation I think I'd feel all weird and creepy, like I was preying on vulnerable women and taking advantage of them when their emotional defences were down...

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

You come across as quite needy and it's like you think he should fall for you because in your words "you're hot"

he might not like that

"I dunno, I think the friendzone *does* exist...I can't say I've ever friendzoned a woman, but I've purposefully friendzoned myself a couple of times...

For instance one was a girl I got chatting to off of Reddit, one of the hook-up subreddits; she initially posted looking for a bit of side-action because her relationship wasn't great and we got chatting for a bit before she disappeared. She resurfaced a little while later, apologising for going AWOL, but explaining she'd split up with her fella and was in pieces.

After chatting a bit more and realising she was spiralling down into a bit of a funk, I basically said to her that I thought she needed a friend more than anything else, so we took the whole hooking up thing off the table. She's real pretty, but if anything came of the situation I think I'd feel all weird and creepy, like I was preying on vulnerable women and taking advantage of them when their emotional defences were down... "

I don’t think that counts as friendzoning as I understand it, it’s just being a decent person

"I dunno, I think the friendzone *does* exist...I can't say I've ever friendzoned a woman, but I've purposefully friendzoned myself a couple of times...

After chatting a bit more and realising she was spiralling down into a bit of a funk, I basically said to her that I thought she needed a friend more than anything else, so we took the whole hooking up thing off the table. She's real pretty, but if anything came of the situation I think I'd feel all weird and creepy, like I was preying on vulnerable women and taking advantage of them when their emotional defences were down...

I don’t think that counts as friendzoning as I understand it, it’s just being a decent person"

I don’t think that counts as friendzoning as I understand it, it’s just being a decent person"

Yes, but not because they make me laugh. I have female friends, and they have never been or will be more. I just don’t feel that way about them

I prefer friends

"I prefer friends "

I was just thinking about you this afternoon, I’ve missed you xx

You come across as quite needy and it's like you think he should fall for you because in your words "you're hot"

he might not like that"

To you lot yeah I probably do because I've bared all about every dating experience I've had and what I've acted like in the past. I don't disclose that shit to him. Don't project you're own personal opinion of me onto this situation.

By *riefcase_WankerMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Hmmm, maybe I don't really get what friendzoning is then? Dunno...(Thanks btw)

"I prefer friends "

5 months and only now posting on the forums! Hope you are well, you're an absolute diamond, in dark hours you were there I won't ever forget that.

Sorry bit deep for a forum post but I appreciate you greatly.

"I prefer friends

5 months and only now posting on the forums! Hope you are well, you're an absolute diamond, in dark hours you were there I won't ever forget that.

Sorry bit deep for a forum post but I appreciate you greatly. "

Still on kik my lovely. Just been a bit

"I prefer friends

I was just thinking about you this afternoon, I’ve missed you xx"

You’re making me cry

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Hope you’re okay x

Like I know I'm funny, I always have been witty and quick, all my friends say it, people on here say it, I even make myself laugh I can't help it. But I don't want to fall into the category of just being a laugh. "

Then fuck him.

He'll either avoid you after that, or declare undying love and be glued to you for life.... either way you will know.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Yeah I think so, but not really because they make you laugh, just because I'm not sexually attracted to every woman and some go into the friend zone.

However, unlike with woman who put men into the friend zone and they are stuck there forever, women can come out of the friend zone if an attraction grows, which sometimes happens.

Who makes up these stupid sayings? Friend Zoned!!!!

"I prefer friends

Sorry bit deep for a forum post but I appreciate you greatly.

Still on kik my lovely. Just been a bit "

Had to delete that ages ago cos of memory on my shitty phone! Getting a new phone next month, will redownload it

"I prefer friends

I was just thinking about you this afternoon, I’ve missed you xx

You’re making me cry "

Awww, big hug lady.

Gosh I’d not friend zone you

Hope you’re okay x

Like I know I'm funny, I always have been witty and quick, all my friends say it, people on here say it, I even make myself laugh I can't help it. But I don't want to fall into the category of just being a laugh. "

I think it just adds a much better dimension. You can fuck someone who you also happen to think is hysterically funny. It's relationship goals rather the being friendzoned.

Who makes up these stupid sayings? Friend Zoned!!!! "

Young people

Who makes up these stupid sayings? Friend Zoned!!!! "

Someone who couldn’t handle unrequited feelings

Who makes up these stupid sayings? Friend Zoned!!!!

Someone who couldn’t handle unrequited feelings"

Hope you’re okay x

Like I know I'm funny, I always have been witty and quick, all my friends say it, people on here say it, I even make myself laugh I can't help it. But I don't want to fall into the category of just being a laugh.

Then fuck him.

He'll either avoid you after that, or declare undying love and be glued to you for life.... either way you will know. "

Oh I'm trying my friend, just hard cos it's a coworker! There's a few social activities coming up in the next 6 weeks so maybe outside of work. I'm gonna try and stop laughing around with him. Every time he comes up to me he's already smiling like he's waiting for me to say something funny.

The friend zone is basically the "myeh I thought I was gonna fuck you but on closer inspection nah you're boring/weird/bat shit crazy but you're still quite hot so I'll tag you along so that I can have a gaggle of people I know would like to fuck me lingering around flattering my ego or just in case you attract better candidates or on the random chance that I'm absolutely desperate for a shag at some point in the future" zone

I'd say you could easily qualify for that with the bat shit crazy bit

There isn’t a friend zone to be in "

Well there is because I’m in it with one particular female friend. She said as much to my face.

Well there is because I’m in it with one particular female friend. She said as much to my face. "

She’s just not attracted to you. That’s it.

This friend zone thing is just another word for the rejected to use to make themselves feel better. Of course anyone can be in the “friend zone” because not everyone wants to shag everybody.

There are plenty of people I like as people but wouldn’t fuck, and vice verse, that’s just life.

‘Write men off as friends’ how is that a write off? If someone isn’t interested in you romantically or sexually that doesn’t mean it’s a write off "

Wrong choice of words maybe. I meant write off romantically in the sense that the relationship will never progress past friends. You know, friend zoned.

Well there is because I’m in it with one particular female friend. She said as much to my face.

This friend zone thing is just another word for the rejected to use to make themselves feel better. Of course anyone can be in the “friend zone” because not everyone wants to shag everybody.

There are plenty of people I like as people but wouldn’t fuck, and vice verse, that’s just life. "

If a bloke had posted this...

Wrong choice of words maybe. I meant write off romantically in the sense that the relationship will never progress past friends. You know, friend zoned. "

That isn’t friendzoning...that’s someone not being sexually and/or romantically interested in you, so not pursuing a romantic relationship with you

There are plenty of people I like as people but wouldn’t fuck, and vice verse, that’s just life. "

I’m not the one who used the term friend zoned, she did. I can handle not being attractive to some, it’s no big deal, we can’t be everybody’s cup of tea can we. I’m not one for making or needing excuses for rejection.

"The friend zone is basically the "myeh I thought I was gonna fuck you but on closer inspection nah you're boring/weird/bat shit crazy but you're still quite hot so I'll tag you along so that I can have a gaggle of people I know would like to fuck me lingering around flattering my ego or just in case you attract better candidates or on the random chance that I'm absolutely desperate for a shag at some point in the future" zone

I'd say you could easily qualify for that with the bat shit crazy bit "

That's quite unnecessarily nasty don't you think.

Wrong choice of words maybe. I meant write off romantically in the sense that the relationship will never progress past friends. You know, friend zoned.

That isn’t friendzoning...that’s someone not being sexually and/or romantically interested in you, so not pursuing a romantic relationship with you "

Which some women just can't understand because they are bombarded with "You are the hottest thing on fab ever" etc

Wrong choice of words maybe. I meant write off romantically in the sense that the relationship will never progress past friends. You know, friend zoned. "

But that kind of thing happens every single day.

It’s not a friend zone. It’s simply I’m not attracted to you and we would get on better platonically.

That isn’t friendzoning...that’s someone not being sexually and/or romantically interested in you, so not pursuing a romantic relationship with you "

That’s pretty much the definition of friend zoning, a friend you wouldn’t date or fuck. The reasons why are irrelevant.

That isn’t friendzoning...that’s someone not being sexually and/or romantically interested in you, so not pursuing a romantic relationship with you

Which some women just can't understand because they are bombarded with "You are the hottest thing on fab ever" etc"

Wait.... That's all a lie??

Which some women just can't understand because they are bombarded with "You are the hottest thing on fab ever" etc"

Which some men just can’t understand because they truly believe they are gods gift to women, and that any woman turning them down is fucking crazy.

We can all make it gender specific.

I think there is a case, that some women like having a man that they know fancies them, keeping him her back pocket for the ego boost and stringing him along, if she’s having a dry spell she knows he’s there if needs be.

It’s not a friend zone. It’s simply I’m not attracted to you and we would get on better platonically. "

Or in other words friend zoned.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Guess it depends on how you define a friend.

It’s not a friend zone. It’s simply I’m not attracted to you and we would get on better platonically.

Or in other words friend zoned. "

By all means use that word if you like.

Some people use it as it makes them feel better about the fact they’ve been rejected, nicely.

Others can take it on the chin and accept that not everybody is going to want to get romantically involved with you, and that’s fine.

There are plenty of people I like as people but wouldn’t fuck, and vice verse, that’s just life.

I think there is a case, that some women like having a man that they know fancies them, keeping him her back pocket for the ego boost and stringing him along, if she’s having a dry spell she knows he’s there if needs be.

"

Oh yeah definitely. That’s just being a shitty person for taking advantage of someone’s feelings

"The friend zone is basically the "myeh I thought I was gonna fuck you but on closer inspection nah you're boring/weird/bat shit crazy but you're still quite hot so I'll tag you along so that I can have a gaggle of people I know would like to fuck me lingering around flattering my ego or just in case you attract better candidates or on the random chance that I'm absolutely desperate for a shag at some point in the future" zone

I'd say you could easily qualify for that with the bat shit crazy bit

That's quite unnecessarily nasty don't you think. "

Hey don't get serious on me. You know I was pulling your leg. But yeah. That's what the friend zone that everyone's saying doesn't exist is. Us guys know about it really really well

You trying to say I’m not the hottest thing on fab? Well damn.

Or in other words friend zoned.

By all means use that word if you like.

Some people use it as it makes them feel better about the fact they’ve been rejected, nicely.

Others can take it on the chin and accept that not everybody is going to want to get romantically involved with you, and that’s fine. "

They are one in the same thing.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

I had a best woman at our wedding.

Admittedly she had made a pass at me early doors of L and I’s relationship.

Yes OP. I've definitely got a few friend zoned female friends whom I'd NOT sleep with. Ths friendship is far too important for casual sex. One or two I would consider more than being friends with if they are still single and I'm ready to settle down. Till then , definitely friend zoned and anything we do together is always in public.

Some of us don't need to constantly think with our dicks and can have a good time without using it.

When asking for men's opinions why do women give theirs? I don't need to know women's opinions, I am a woman and already know how we think. Men and women think differently that's why I wanted to know the opinion and of men, I asked the question of men, not women.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Hope you’re okay x

Then fuck him.

He'll either avoid you after that, or declare undying love and be glued to you for life.... either way you will know.

Oh I'm trying my friend, just hard cos it's a coworker! There's a few social activities coming up in the next 6 weeks so maybe outside of work. I'm gonna try and stop laughing around with him. Every time he comes up to me he's already smiling like he's waiting for me to say something funny. "

All joking aside, I think you need to slowly turn from being funny, to being someone he can talk to on a more personal level.

Start with boring shit, but slowly turn it to more intimate (as in, more personal), talk about life outside work, keep it light, but get him to open up to you, so he starts to see you as more than just someone he has a giggle with at work. Then just build on that.

"Yes"

You have a

Fantastic profile excellent pictures and I love the last bit about you're and you.lol . Loving the banter you seem to have xx

Hmm I think this is a volatile subject Annie. I've friend zoned and been friend zoned. When I did it I had other reasons than the ones I described. But when I experienced it I felt it was very much like what I described.

For me, being friend zoned is very different from becoming friends. It's a form of relegation

No I don't believe women can ever be friend zoned

By *ordon89Man  over a year ago

London

It’s all about sex appeal... check Margot Robbie at wolf of wallstreet.

A turn off is a woman who behaves like a child most of the time.

Humor, body language, eye stares are all important. When you meet someone funny but serious, you know that you will have a good time and that they can carry themselves.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

"When asking for men's opinions why do women give theirs? I don't need to know women's opinions, I am a woman and already know how we think. Men and women think differently that's why I wanted to know the opinion and of men, I asked the question of men, not women. "

You know how you think. You don't know how anybody else thinks, male or female. We are all different, and think in different ways.

Possibly the best way to get a better understanding of how someone thinks is to ask them, and actually listen, rather than making assumptions.

Humor, body language, eye stares are all important. When you meet someone funny but serious, you know that you will have a good time and that they can carry themselves."

I don’t think you can avoid being “friend zoned” someone either wants to be with you romantically or they don’t.

However, I do think feelings can grow over time so someone who was once a friend, can easily become a lover.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"When asking for men's opinions why do women give theirs? I don't need to know women's opinions, I am a woman and already know how we think. Men and women think differently that's why I wanted to know the opinion and of men, I asked the question of men, not women. "

You don’t think like me that’s for sure . Don’t class us all the same.

Oh...

Well excuse me!

By *ordon89Man  over a year ago

London

Humor, body language, eye stares are all important. When you meet someone funny but serious, you know that you will have a good time and that they can carry themselves.

I don’t think you can avoid being “friend zoned” someone either wants to be with you romantically or they don’t.

However, I do think feelings can grow over time so someone who was once a friend, can easily become a lover. "

Just expressing personal view and experiences. I do believe that the way you carry has a big impact as I mentioned earlier. The confidence, charisma and aura someone reflects can trigger quite erotic emotions or other people enjoying being around them. I mean every guy would chase Kathrine Zeta Jones and every woman Wolverine (don’t remember the name of the actor)

For your second comment, I would describe it better as bad first impression where a person reflects as arrogant or too direct and when you get to know them, you realize that they are very cool people after all.

By that logic, you may as well ask one of your male friends. You don't need a range of male responses as all men must clearly all think the same, so whatever he says, is what it must be. You are an intelligent woman, surely you must know that all women don't think the same at all?

[Removed by poster at 14/10/18 01:06:10]

"When asking for men's opinions why do women give theirs? I don't need to know women's opinions, I am a woman and already know how we think. Men and women think differently that's why I wanted to know the opinion and of men, I asked the question of men, not women.

You don’t think like me that’s for sure . Don’t class us all the same. "

She did ask for 'mens' opinions so not sure how much clearer that can be. It's just about respecting what an OP is asking I guess. She has clearly stated earlier that she recognises that men think diferently which is very true. And as she asked for mens opinions I'm guessing that it's a man who has friend zoned her...Therefore makes logical sense to ask the guys....no?

Fabville

"When asking for men's opinions why do women give theirs? I don't need to know women's opinions, I am a woman and already know how we think. Men and women think differently that's why I wanted to know the opinion and of men, I asked the question of men, not women.

She did ask for 'mens' opinions so not sure how much clearer that can be. It's just about respecting what an OP is asking I guess. She has clearly stated earlier that she recognises that men think diferently which is very true. And as she asked for mens opinions I'm guessing that it's a man who has friend zoned her...Therefore makes logical sense to ask the guys....no?"

This is a public forum, so anyone can join in the thread.

[Removed by poster at 14/10/18 01:08:14]

She did ask for 'mens' opinions so not sure how much clearer that can be. It's just about respecting what an OP is asking I guess. She has clearly stated earlier that she recognises that men think diferently which is very true. And as she asked for mens opinions I'm guessing that it's a man who has friend zoned her...Therefore makes logical sense to ask the guys....no?

This is a public forum, so anyone can join in the thread."

On the other hand, when your opinion is clearly not wanted, don’t waste your time.

This is a public forum, so anyone can join in the thread."

Yes one can but none shouldnt show ignorance when one does. There's obviously some dirty laundry going on here so my advice is take it elsewhere as it's not helpful. I know know you may not like being told that but it's being constructive for this post and respect for the OP.

Fabville

Yes one can but none shouldnt show ignorance when one does. There's obviously some dirty laundry going on here so my advice is take it elsewhere as it's not helpful. I know know you may not like being told that but it's being constructive for this post and respect for the OP. "

I think that people are being respectful to eachother here, and offering valid opinions. As with any mature discussions, not all opinions will be the same, but nor are we.

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

I would agree with you OP, I have certainly friend zoned women.

Yes one can but none shouldnt show ignorance when one does. There's obviously some dirty laundry going on here so my advice is take it elsewhere as it's not helpful. I know know you may not like being told that but it's being constructive for this post and respect for the OP.

I think that people are being respectful to eachother here, and offering valid opinions. As with any mature discussions, not all opinions will be the same, but nor are we."

That's good. Then one will respect her wishes

Fabville

I think that people are being respectful to eachother here, and offering valid opinions. As with any mature discussions, not all opinions will be the same, but nor are we.

That's good. Then one will respect her wishes "

One will continue to post in a public forum, and not be excluded due to my gender.

That's good. Then one will respect her wishes

One will continue to post in a public forum, and not be excluded due to my gender."

One has a choice

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I've never been friend zoned for being a laugh, some of my best relationships started that way. But I would not think 'locker room humour' would be the best idea.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Yes. Seems to be a bad habit of mine

I have friendzoned a few women. Sometimes you just prefer them as friends x

[Removed by poster at 14/10/18 06:34:42]

You don’t think like me that’s for sure . Don’t class us all the same. "

Me either

There are plenty of reasons I've kept someone as a friend when it was clear it could have gone further. But had those changed that they would have meant the woman no longer being herself, and that's such an unattractive quality that it would sink the whole ship right away.

OP, the right person exists for the right you. Don't contemplate shaping yourself otherwise just to improve your chances with someone. You'll be living with a different you too, and that's rarely desirable.

You know how you think. You don't know how anybody else thinks, male or female. We are all different, and think in different ways.

Possibly the best way to get a better understanding of how someone thinks is to ask them, and actually listen, rather than making assumptions.

"

Oh...

Well excuse me! "

Only for this thread, I usually like having all kinds of views but as my situation is with a man I wanted advise from other men.

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

I friend zoned my wife a couple of years back - best move I made as leads to a much healthier platonic relationship

I now feel really great after reading some of the comments on here

Yup

Think my problem is more along the lines of not wanting to be seen as one of the lads.

For people that have been here years and years they'd be familiar with exactly how many times other forumites would accuse me of being a man with a fake profile purely for the way I converse on here, been told I say things that apparently only a man would say, that's exactly how I am in real life too.

I don't want to be seen as the funny one, I want to be the sexy one

[Removed by poster at 14/10/18 07:34:52]

Me and my best mate did as its unrealistuc to do anything else but

I can become friends with people I've fucked

I can't fuck people I've become friends with

Once you're a friend, no matter how hot you are, nothing will ever happen

"Think my problem is more along the lines of not wanting to be seen as one of the lads.

For people that have been here years and years they'd be familiar with exactly how many times other forumites would accuse me of being a man with a fake profile purely for the way I converse on here, been told I say things that apparently only a man would say, that's exactly how I am in real life too.

I don't want to be seen as the funny one, I want to be the sexy one "

Being 'the funny one' is sexy to some people, and putting on a facade of 'the sexy one' (or any facade tbf) is unsexy to some people.

I know it's drifting a little from what you've asked, but I'm reading between the lines that this is about, "How can I change myself to attract person x?"

Maybe the smarter move is to find person y.

(If I've misread then apologies)

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Perhaps he is just shy and hasn't got the balls to ask you out yet... remember that he is just a bloke and sometimes can't see the take me out signals you are giving him... I'd be more obvious..ask him directly..at least then you'll know one way or another and won't keep tormenting yourself

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

Men do tend to friend zone women they don't fancy, but get on with. If they don't get on with you they don't need you as a friend. Women they are in love/lust/find sexy and get on with with get elevated past the friend zone to girlfriend or more.

I have a few women who are in the friend zone, 2 of them I often share a bed with, but wouldn't consider having sex with them because we are mates.

If your witty and funny and stunning, jesus is he daft.. The perfect woman!

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

All the effing time! To the point where I don't meet any more, good enough to fuck, but nothing more

"All the effing time! To the point where I don't meet any more, good enough to fuck, but nothing more

"

I cant believe 15 years ago sue barker is a swinger

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Men do tend to friend zone women they don't fancy, but get on with. If they don't get on with you they don't need you as a friend. Women they are in love/lust/find sexy and get on with with get elevated past the friend zone to girlfriend or more. "

I hope that's the guy posting! No women allowed.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"All the effing time! To the point where I don't meet any more, good enough to fuck, but nothing more

"

Same

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

How to avoid being friend zoned by Granny Crumpet age 63 and 9 and half months.

1. Be very pretty.

2. Be very slim.

3. Be shorter than him.

4. Don't show intelligence

5. Don't speak often.

6. Never pass opinions

5. Do everything he asks.

6. Never say he is wrong.

7. Be very polite and very humble.

8. Laugh at all his jokes

9. Don't question him about anything.

10. Give up any hope of having your own identity.

You can buy my book on Amazon, download it or simply watch it's unboxing on my website.

x Granny x

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"Men do tend to friend zone women they don't fancy, but get on with. If they don't get on with you they don't need you as a friend. Women they are in love/lust/find sexy and get on with with get elevated past the friend zone to girlfriend or more.

I hope that's the guy posting! No women allowed. "

I just asked him why didn't he friend zone me and that was the reply. Tho obviously he doesn't speak for all men, it makes sense.

King's Crustacean

Hope you’re okay x

When the fuck are you going to learn to be you Annie and just STOP trying too hard eh ?

No, I make my moves to get in their knickers. Friend zone? What a load of old bollocks.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

Men do not all think alike, neither do women.

The person you should be talking to is the guy you fancy. Everyone else's opinion is irrelevant.

Also: I've slept with female friends and not slept with female friends. Friendship isnt nescessarily sexless.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

There are some people you like and want to have sex with and some people you like and don't want to have sex with. Let's call them category A and category B.

The problem arises when you put someone in category A and they put you in category B.

It happens and if you are an adult, you accept that. The "friend zone" is a term used by those in that situation who feel sorry for themselves.

let's call category C the one where it's a very bad idea to have sex with someone but you still think they are hot

Yes, definitely.

Although I must add that because I’m in love and have been all my adult life I’ve never really been looking for anything else.

Was I single I’m pretty sure I’d wanna date you.

"There are some people you like and want to have sex with and some people you like and don't want to have sex with. Let's call them category A and category B.

The problem arises when you put someone in category A and they put you in category B.

It happens and if you are an adult, you accept that. The "friend zone" is a term used by those in that situation who feel sorry for themselves. "

Is there not a C category, where one wants to have sex and the other isn’t that keen but not totally ruling it out the idea. Therefore uses the other person as a back up in a dry spell, with the added bonus of it being a nice ego boost ?!

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

If I consider someone a friend but it wouldn't mean I didn't want sex with them. If anything I would want sex with them more, if I fancied them physically too of course.

"There are some people you like and want to have sex with and some people you like and don't want to have sex with. Let's call them category A and category B.

It happens and if you are an adult, you accept that. The "friend zone" is a term used by those in that situation who feel sorry for themselves.

Is there not a C category, where one wants to have sex and the other isn’t that keen but not totally ruling it out the idea. Therefore uses the other person as a back up in a dry spell, with the added bonus of it being a nice ego boost ?! "

or isn't attracted to you but doesn't want to make that clear and tell you to fuck off like anyone else would because they have a use for you, so want to remain a bit ambiguous to keep you on the end of a piece of string

1. Be very pretty.

2. Be very slim.

3. Be shorter than him.

5. Don't speak often.

6. Never pass opinions

You can buy my book on Amazon, download it or simply watch it's unboxing on my website.

x Granny x "

Fuck that

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

That will be difficult to friend zone a woman that is hot and consistently make you laugh every time you're chatting to her.

Guys can friend zone women for a short time period before biology kicks. The only time a guy friend zone a hot woman, he is avoiding her, he is very career driven, he is dealing with a confidence problem, or he has heard some words going around about her.

King's Crustacean

1. Be very pretty.

2. Be very slim.

3. Be shorter than him.

5. Don't speak often.

6. Never pass opinions

x Granny x

Fuck that "

To be honest ..... it hasn't sold many copies this year.

I think in the context of the OP's situation the friend zone may apply because they work together, which can be a problem if missjudged. One of you needs to get brave enough to take the relationship outside of work or work functions.

Just ask him if he fancies a drink after work or better still Saturday night. Get away from the office and see what happens.

It depends what he's looking for.

Funny and hot is only part of tge equation.

I have a few female friends that I spend more time with then my male friends. Mostly it's just it's because I enjoy going around the shops as well

London

Is there not a C category, where one wants to have sex and the other isn’t that keen but not totally ruling it out the idea. Therefore uses the other person as a back up in a dry spell, with the added bonus of it being a nice ego boost ?! "

If you would like to have sex with someone and you discover they aren't that bothered about having sex with you, surely you just forget about them as you would only want to have sex with people keen to have sex with you.

That way they can't use you.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

Happens to me all the time! I'm very definitely a friend-zone regular... There should be a loyalty card

No, if a woman refuses my advances, I curse her to hell, block her and make voodoo dolls. I'm going shopping now. Have fun.

What's been interesting about this thread is how differently everyone sees what being friend zoned means. Quite a few people are just describing what I'd call platonic friendships or keeping it at just friends. I don't think about those types of relationships I've had as being friend zoned. That's just being friends

London

"What's been interesting about this thread is how differently everyone sees what being friend zoned means. Quite a few people are just describing what I'd call platonic friendships or keeping it at just friends. I don't think about those types of relationships I've had as being friend zoned. That's just being friends "

I am intrigued.

What's the difference between being "friend zoned" and being friends?

"What's been interesting about this thread is how differently everyone sees what being friend zoned means. Quite a few people are just describing what I'd call platonic friendships or keeping it at just friends. I don't think about those types of relationships I've had as being friend zoned. That's just being friends

I am intrigued.

What's the difference between being "friend zoned" and being friends? "

Friend zone is a situation in which a friendship exists between two people, one of whom has an unreciprocated romantic or sexual interest in the other.

"What's been interesting about this thread is how differently everyone sees what being friend zoned means. Quite a few people are just describing what I'd call platonic friendships or keeping it at just friends. I don't think about those types of relationships I've had as being friend zoned. That's just being friends

I am intrigued.

What's the difference between being "friend zoned" and being friends? "

Implicit in the term "friend zoned" is a dynamic which the "friend" doesn't like. Two competing needs. I guess it's a bit of a power play like the sub dom thing. The "friend" is relegated to a sub position which they don't like. And sometimes the person doing that is being quite deliberately dom. The cliche would be the sexy woman who has lots of male stragglers, not because they're actually friends. No they're just suitors she's rejected. Instead of telling them to fuck off as another woman might she's tagging them along because they flatter her ego. That, for me, is different from friendship. In friendship there is no power play or feeling of relegation. Those women who are my friend and I find attractive... I wouldn't use the term friend zoned in that situation as I don't feel relegated or tagged along. They're just friends

London

I am intrigued.

Implicit in the term "friend zoned" is a dynamic which the "friend" doesn't like. Two competing needs. I guess it's a bit of a power play like the sub dom thing. The "friend" is relegated to a sub position which they don't like. And sometimes the person doing that is being quite deliberately dom. The cliche would be the sexy woman who has lots of male stragglers, not because they're actually friends. No they're just suitors she's rejected. Instead of telling them to fuck off as another woman might she's tagging them along because they flatter her ego. That, for me, is different from friendship. In friendship there is no power play or feeling of relegation. Those women who are my friend and I find attractive... I wouldn't use the term friend zoned in that situation as I don't feel relegated or tagged along. They're just friends "

So someone in the "friend zone" is not actually a friend? One person is using the other to flatter their ego and the other person is letting them do that.

Surely if you're being used in that way, you have nothing further to do with the person.

In any event, that's not how I have generally seen. "friend zone" used. It's usually used by men who think that because they are nice to a woman she should have sex with them and they get angry and frustrated when she won't.

I am intrigued.

Implicit in the term "friend zoned" is a dynamic which the "friend" doesn't like. Two competing needs. I guess it's a bit of a power play like the sub dom thing. The "friend" is relegated to a sub position which they don't like. And sometimes the person doing that is being quite deliberately dom. The cliche would be the sexy woman who has lots of male stragglers, not because they're actually friends. No they're just suitors she's rejected. Instead of telling them to fuck off as another woman might she's tagging them along because they flatter her ego. That, for me, is different from friendship. In friendship there is no power play or feeling of relegation. Those women who are my friend and I find attractive... I wouldn't use the term friend zoned in that situation as I don't feel relegated or tagged along. They're just friends

So someone in the "friend zone" is not actually a friend? One person is using the other to flatter their ego and the other person is letting them do that.

Surely if you're being used in that way, you have nothing further to do with the person.

In any event, that's not how I have generally seen. "friend zone" used. It's usually used by men who think that because they are nice to a woman she should have sex with them and they get angry and frustrated when she won't. "

Gravesend

ask for an upgrade

I am intrigued.

In any event, that's not how I have generally seen. "friend zone" used. It's usually used by men who think that because they are nice to a woman she should have sex with them and they get angry and frustrated when she won't. "

I'd class it as an abusive relationship that's maintained because the "friend" is kept hopeful that they might get laid at some point. That's why they don't fuck off . And the person doing the friending doesn't discard them because they have a use for them.

Any other friendship that's healthy. That's just a friendship. I don't think either of those people would say they were friend zoning or being friend zoned

The distinction can be subtle. There have been several times when I thought I was getting closer to a woman and enjoying a platonic friendship. Only for them to sexualise it. Then friend zone me. And suddenly I'm in some weird dynamic with them where I want them but they've block that and got power over me. It has caught me out a few times. But I usually crash and burn those types of "friendships" now

Given me a lot to think about here

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Tbh - I think most men would probably play along with any random shit that came out your mouth whether it was funny or not - they don't need much of an excuse to get near enough to perv and leer down your top (and yes that was a backhanded compliment in case you hadn't already noticed)

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Not until I've fucked them.

Is there not a C category, where one wants to have sex and the other isn’t that keen but not totally ruling it out the idea. Therefore uses the other person as a back up in a dry spell, with the added bonus of it being a nice ego boost ?!

or isn't attracted to you but doesn't want to make that clear and tell you to fuck off like anyone else would because they have a use for you, so want to remain a bit ambiguous to keep you on the end of a piece of string "

But that could only happen if you allow it to. If you have recognised that is what is happening you have the power to end it.

London

I am intrigued.

In any event, that's not how I have generally seen. "friend zone" used. It's usually used by men who think that because they are nice to a woman she should have sex with them and they get angry and frustrated when she won't.

I'd class it as an abusive relationship that's maintained because the "friend" is kept hopeful that they might get laid at some point. That's why they don't fuck off . And the person doing the friending doesn't discard them because they have a use for them.

Any other friendship that's healthy. That's just a friendship. I don't think either of those people would say they were friend zoning or being friend zoned

The distinction can be subtle. There have been several times when I thought I was getting closer to a woman and enjoying a platonic friendship. Only for them to sexualise it. Then friend zone me. And suddenly I'm in some weird dynamic with them where I want them but they've block that and got power over me. It has caught me out a few times. But I usually crash and burn those types of "friendships" now "

So the two people concerned are not actually friends. One is only interested in the other for sex and one is only interested in the other for the ego boost.

"friend zone" seems a very strange term for a situation where both parties are manipulating the other and, as I say, is not how the term is usually used.

To be fair I guess it takes two to tango If I sound uncharacteristically dark and cynical on this issue, it's because I had a really good female friendship that did my head right in and crashed and burnt at the beginning of the year. If I'm being fair to her I was clearly part of that unhealthy dynamic

""friend zone" seems a very strange term for a situation where both parties are manipulating the other and, as I say, is not how the term is usually used. "

That is how the term is used. Real friends don't talk about being friend zoned.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

Some of these theories sound very complicated, I always thought the “friend zone” came about if one person thought there was/would be more to the friendship and the other person views them as only ever being a friend and nothing more. If you have been friend zoned I’m not sure there is anything you can do about it, if the chap doesn’t fancy you then he simply doesn’t fancy you, plus why would you try to be something you aren’t just to get him to change his mind on how he sees you, you are just setting yourself up for a fail.

Basically no one can answer for the man himself, until you have the right dialogue with this man no one’s opinion really matters.

I personally think women do this quite a lot too ,your good enough to be my friend but I ain't ever going to fuck you

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

"I personally think women do this quite a lot too ,your good enough to be my friend but I ain't ever going to fuck you"

There is nothing wrong with that if the relationship has only ever been a friendship, not everyone wants to fuck everyone else no matter how much one of them wants to, if the piramiters of a friendship are set out it’s up to you to be adult and not overstep that.

I never said it wasn't but the op asked if women can be friend zoned I'm responding that men can be too even though like the op they actually wouldn't mind more than that

Agh the difficulties of interpersonal dynamics sometimes That's why it's so nice when it just flows

By *typical guyMan  over a year ago

wigan

The "friend zone" means nothing more than one person wants to fuck/date but the other just wants to be friends.

There can be many differing dynamics to how this manifests ranging from stringing someone along for an ego boost all the way through to not even realising the other person would like more than just friendship. In the middle there is the situation where both fancy each other but one or both parties has decided it can't go any further for whatever reason. (Too close to home/innapropriate/differing expectations, etc, etc.)

Saying you have been friend zoned is not the action of a frustrated/entitled man as some posters would have you believe, it is a statement of fact with no inherent negative intent.

If you are not in the "fuck zone" or the "avoid zone" then you are in the "friend zone". The finer details are only known to the people involved and even then they may have differing viewpoints.

King's Crustacean

I don't want to fuck the gasman

I don't want to avoid the gasman

But I don't want him for a freind either........

Is he in the gas zone ?

By *typical guyMan  over a year ago

wigan

"I don't want to fuck the gasman

Is he in the gas zone ?"

He is not even in the equation, he is just a figment of your pedantry...

"I don't want to fuck the gasman

Is he in the gas zone ?"

he's in the ozone

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I friend zone all women and take it from there.

Gravesend

I like women when they are hori zone tal

Gravesend

Rather have them in the zone pissing out rather than outside the zone pissing in

Avoid the friend zone by avoiding having friends