FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why as humans do we have to play god and fuck everything up?

Why as humans do we have to play god and fuck everything up?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm talking ecosystems, we introduce animals from across the pond to tackle pest problems. Taking the bullfrog to Australia is a prime example, now they are over run. We decide fracking is ok, let's pollute the atmosphere with more greenhouse gasses. Fuck it plastic, let's do this. Isn't life all about balance?

The same applies to the eco systems, don't fuck with it.

A documentary recently had a guy on, testing his design that could take carbon dioxide out of the air and produce a combustible fuel that could be put into a car without converting it. That's great, but it still required a massive amount of energy to produce the fuel.

The government want everyone to be in electric cars in the future, but how will that electric be produced. No doubt from burning fossil fuels, since renewable energy sources won't be able to cope with the strain.

So our future generations are fucked because people are simply greedy and have to take all the time.

Oil barons have too much money and power. And as people we overfarm, overproduce and overuse.

And tribes use everything and only use what they need.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

Yes as a species we are a virus we need a big natural disaster to thin the population out or another world war

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We can do what ever we want, when we want.

The consequence of our actions will be the next generations problem

"Yes as a species we are a virus we need a big natural disaster to thin the population out or another world war "

Deffo.

"We can do what ever we want, when we want.

The consequence of our actions will be the next generations problem"

Sounds like the attitude that has us here in the first place

By *rsSBWoman  over a year ago

toy town

Because this is fab, and people come here to fuck

"Because this is fab, and people come here to fuck "

Oooooh yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhh

Ultimately we shall destroy ourselves.

But until then let's have sex and be happy

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I thought Friday's were supposed to be fun

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"I thought Friday's were supposed to be fun "

They were -it's just Brexit and Tory cut backs to public spending that got in the way.

Because we are the only creatures on the planet that have developed a sense of self entitlement.

We truly are disgusting animals.

"Because we are the only creatures on the planet that have developed a sense of self entitlement.

We truly are disgusting animals."

That's about the size of it.

Agreed on all of the above and it is a bit of doom and gloom for a Friday, but was just venting a bit of deep thought.

Also it's crazy how we destroy life giving plants, to put a bit of ink on it and give it a value in the form of money. Yet it was more valuable in its original form than with the queens head or presidents face on it.

"Agreed on all of the above and it is a bit of doom and gloom for a Friday, but was just venting a bit of deep thought.

Also it's crazy how we destroy life giving plants, to put a bit of ink on it and give it a value in the form of money. Yet it was more valuable in its original form than with the queens head or presidents face on it."

US banknotes and the £5, £10 & £20 notes are made from polymer now, so that's a start

"Because we are the only creatures on the planet that have developed a sense of self entitlement.

We truly are disgusting animals."

We’re also the only animal that can empathise, so swings and roundabouts i guess.

We’re also the only animal that can empathise, so swings and roundabouts i guess. "

That’s 100% not true. Elephants have been proven to feel empathy and the animal kingdom is filled with stories about animals saving the lives of other species that are in danger

The majority of the "nasties" that are around at the moment - plastics, fossil fuel, tobacco etc have been around a lot longer than we knew they were bad. It will take a long time to find viable alternatives for many of these things, but I personally think society in general is working well to make things better. I'm an optimist, me

We’re also the only animal that can empathise, so swings and roundabouts i guess. "

Actually

bonobos and chimpanzees show empathy .

We’re also the only animal that can empathise, so swings and roundabouts i guess. Actually

bonobos and chimpanzees show empathy ."

Loads of animals show empathy.

And all animals know what love is. Killer whales have been know to carry their dead young on their backs for weeks.

Just because it is unseen by us, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's just we haven't been looking hard enough.

It’s loads stricter in Australia now mate... can’t even take back used wellie’s if they’ve had mud on them?!

We have to make some hard decisions soon and decide which species we must let go extinct and what we save and which ecosystems will be forever lost .The coral reefs will probably be one branch of fauna that won't survive as we know it .Large mammals also .Keeping things as diverse as possible should be the goal and human free reserves would my choice and anyone inside the reserve should be shot on sight .

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

This is what Christopher Eccleston had to say about the subject from The Second Coming, by Russell T Davis (Yup, it looks and feels like a Dr Who audition).

Orbital had also sampled this speech on their (supposedly last) album.

You lot from the Blue album. Youtube it!

You, are becoming Gods. There's a new master of creation, and it's you! Unraveled DNA, and at the same time you're cultivating bacteria strong enough to kill every living thing! Do you think you are ready for that much power? You lot? You lot? Cheeky bastards. You're running around science like kids with guns, creating a new world, while the world you've got is stinking, but, hands up, hands up anyone who thinks you've got it right. Yeah, there's always one. I can see you. If you want the position of God then take the responsibility.?

Couldn't have put it better myself.

We’re also the only animal that can empathise, so swings and roundabouts i guess.

That’s 100% not true. Elephants have been proven to feel empathy and the animal kingdom is filled with stories about animals saving the lives of other species that are in danger "

What’s also isn’t true is your sweeping generalisation that we are ‘disgusting animals’ . I would say the majority are kind, thoughtful people. Also My dog Frank is very self entitled, he’s always turning the TV over to Escape to the Country.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

That’s 100% not true. Elephants have been proven to feel empathy and the animal kingdom is filled with stories about animals saving the lives of other species that are in danger

What’s also isn’t true is your sweeping generalisation that we are ‘disgusting animals’ . I would say the majority are kind, thoughtful people. Also My dog Frank is very self entitled, he’s always turning the TV over to Escape to the Country. "

That’s one cheeky dog

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

It started with the Neanderthals and Homo Erectus.

If Homo Sapiren could not eat or harvest something, Homo Sapien eradicated it.

Now virtually the whole world is governed to meet the needs of humans?

How many are we now? 8 billion?

A few tens of thousands migrate towards Europe and all hell breaks loose.

Just wait until climate change sends the entire population of Bangladesh and the like scurrying for higher ground.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

What’s also isn’t true is your sweeping generalisation that we are ‘disgusting animals’ . I would say the majority are kind, thoughtful people. Also My dog Frank is very self entitled, he’s always turning the TV over to Escape to the Country. "

Treeeeeees! Rabbits! Walks!

By *heRealMrSBMan  over a year ago

Warrington

Thanos had the right idea.

» Add a new message to this topic