FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Life after death.

Life after death.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Going on from Ouija thread I just wondered if there is life after death?

I’ve had dreams about my mum and brother since passing that seemed so real but never had any definite proof they are still around us.

I do know shortly after my brother died, both me and my sister kept seeing white feathers, was told this was a symbol they are around.

Would love to hear your experiences.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope, once you are dead, you are dead. Do not pass go, do not collect £200

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Won't know for sure til you get there I guess.

"Nope, once you are dead, you are dead. Do not pass go, do not collect £200"

By *hedark_knightMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

There’s no way to prove there is, and likewise no way to prove there isn’t. So I think whichever thought gives you comfort or you choose to believe in is fair.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I think that life after death will be very similar to life before you were born.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't think there's life as we know it.

I see white feathers quite a lot because we live by the sea and there are loads of seagulls. I'm not sure they're signs that loved ones are still around. I think if you keep their memory alive they will always be with you.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Those 21 Grams have got to go somewhere.

"I don't think there's life as we know it.

I see white feathers quite a lot because we live by the sea and there are loads of seagulls. I'm not sure they're signs that loved ones are still around. I think if you keep their memory alive they will always be with you."

Thing is I do too!

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

You get your final big sleep...and that's it, no more waking up

I think it probably feels very comforting when a loved ones died to know they are still around.

I do remember when my mum died visiting mediums and being told a load of crap. My dad who is ex RAF said you give these people the answers without knowing you have.

I believe that once you are dead that is it, game over. It’s very hard to grasp for most people which is why you need to live your life to the full while your here.

If it feels good do it!!

Not sure about “life” but energy must disperse and cannot be destroyed, it can however be changed from one form to another... Chemical to Kinetic etc...

So when you pass your life force (energy) must release in some form to another form

So the answer is probably, in what form?... no-one knows?!... and whether or not conciousness also remains, until that time, who knows?

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

I am not sure of a heaven or anything

But I know that ghosts exist

I have seen with my own eyes a man whom at the time ( although i wasn’t aware) was dead..

The right place

I think one way we live on is memetically, in the memories of those that are still alive.

Almost every society or religion has it's own ideas about an afterlife.

There may be one, after all we're all made up of atoms and they have to go somewhere when we die, so part of a tree, a rain drop, an ocean wave perhaps, or just dust and the soil.

No one knows for sure.

"I am not sure of a heaven or anything

I have seen with my own eyes a man whom at the time ( although i wasn’t aware) was dead..

"

Ghosts 100% exist, but not as most people assume, but more as recordings in time... Similar to the way VHS and old cassette players used to record onto tape using magnets... concentrated magnetic energy in certain area’s can trigger a recording of past events... So whilst a person may see a “ghost”... what I believe you’re actually seeing is a recording of a past event, something that happened in that place before... which is why you often hear reports of Ghosts walking through walls or only half a torso floating... perhaps the building is different now?! Where once there was a door there’s now a wall?... a floor has been raised or a ceiling lowered?... it’s all Science and it’s pretty awesome when you look further into it

Never met anyone yet that can confirm it personally

The right place

Ghosts 100% exist, but not as most people assume, but more as recordings in time... Similar to the way VHS and old cassette players used to record onto tape using magnets... concentrated magnetic energy in certain area’s can trigger a recording of past events... So whilst a person may see a “ghost”... what I believe you’re actually seeing is a recording of a past event, something that happened in that place before... which is why you often hear reports of Ghosts walking through walls or only half a torso floating... perhaps the building is different now?! Where once there was a door there’s now a wall?... a floor has been raised or a ceiling lowered?... it’s all Science and it’s pretty awesome when you look further into it"

I think when you use the word science you mean woo woo!

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Lol I used to think that too

I simply don't believe the mechanistic vision of reality is correct. Heck atoms are something like 96% air. And I bet the remaining 4%, when you look inside that it's 96% air too. In short, I think most of this is all a whirl of energy masquerading as solidity any way. Given that, I'm willing to entertain far more poetic visions of our reality and envisage them as not mere whimsy but actual fact.

I believe we existed in one sense before and will exist in some sense after. But I suspect these other states will be radically different from our small petty existence in human form. I believe we came from and return to a universal consciousness. Before her death my mother wanted to go to the beach. After it, she became the beach

Having been visited by the spirit of some people I knew that had passed I'm going to have to say yes.

Just watched insidious last key so i fking hope not freaky deaky that film

One of my best friends is a spiritual medium

He would argue there is

I would like to think there is

It's a comfort

It would be sad to think that after all we go through, all we learn, all we teach, all we give, that we end up cold and left to rot in a hole in the ground

Ghosts 100% exist, but not as most people assume, but more as recordings in time... Similar to the way VHS and old cassette players used to record onto tape using magnets... concentrated magnetic energy in certain area’s can trigger a recording of past events... So whilst a person may see a “ghost”... what I believe you’re actually seeing is a recording of a past event, something that happened in that place before... which is why you often hear reports of Ghosts walking through walls or only half a torso floating... perhaps the building is different now?! Where once there was a door there’s now a wall?... a floor has been raised or a ceiling lowered?... it’s all Science and it’s pretty awesome when you look further into it

I think when you use the word science you mean woo woo! "

The cocktail?

"Nope, once you are dead, you are dead. Do not pass go, do not collect £200"

Agreed. It's a comforting thought that there is something 'beyond' our mortal coil, but that's all it is - a comforting thought.

However, the dead never truly die - they live in in the memories of all who loved and respected them.

But there are also those that do prey on the loved ones of the deceased and basically tell them what they want to hear.

"Nope, once you are dead, you are dead. Do not pass go, do not collect £200

Agreed. It's a comforting thought that there is something 'beyond' our mortal coil, but that's all it is - a comforting thought.

However, the dead never truly die - they live in in the memories of all who loved and respected them.

"

I think it's probably been said above, but we do base our opinions on what we, as humans comprehend with our limited intelligence now?

The universe is full of energy and "life" in that sense. Maybe...yes I accept may, we're destined to become part of that energy.

I do know having seen a lot of grieving people, that the mind can confuse us into believing we see things, when in fact it's not anything tangiable.

I hope you find comfort in living with them by fond memories, places you visited and following a path you travelled together. As said, they live on within you always.

"I simply don't believe the mechanistic vision of reality is correct. Heck atoms are something like 96% air. And I bet the remaining 4%, when you look inside that it's 96% air too. In short, I think most of this is all a whirl of energy masquerading as solidity any way. Given that, I'm willing to entertain far more poetic visions of our reality and envisage them as not mere whimsy but actual fact.

I believe we existed in one sense before and will exist in some sense after. But I suspect these other states will be radically different from our small petty existence in human form. I believe we came from and return to a universal consciousness. Before her death my mother wanted to go to the beach. After it, she became the beach "

very thoughtfully and eloquently worded.

" I think it's probably been said above, but we do base our opinions on what we, as humans comprehend with our limited intelligence now?

The universe is full of energy and "life" in that sense. Maybe...yes I accept may, we're destined to become part of that energy.

I do know having seen a lot of grieving people, that the mind can confuse us into believing we see things, when in fact it's not anything tangiable.

I hope you find comfort in living with them by fond memories, places you visited and following a path you travelled together. As said, they live on within you always."

What a lovely way of putting it xx

Any attempt to find happiness in your material form is impossible in this world it is just a sleeve of useless flesh, your sprit is permanent and cannot change, so long as your material body is not permeant and can change. The soul is reborn.

We have trials and tribulations we are here to learn and better our selves till harmony forcomes the world.

In Islam, and Christianity there are two angel's one of righteousness counting your good deeds and one of iniquity. Counting your bad, thus deciding your fate after death. (Often confused by simple minded people jumping on the islamphobia bandwagon take digs when it says you go to heaven and get 12 young virgins or so. This is symbolic for rebirth. They are there to raise you in the womb, thus untouched, to give birth to you again for the righteous life lived.)

even in Egypt Osiris God of the underworld weights up your good and bad deeds on a scale to the Weight of a feather. If your bad deeds out way the feather underworld you go after traveling through the stream of lost souls.

I can account many more but I really can't be botherd!

By *lbert_shlossedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

If there's life after death then there's no such thing as death, it's just life forever

The wonderful thing is most of the compounds found in our body.

Oxygen

carbon

hydrogen

Nitrogen

Calcium

Phosphorus

Potassium

Sulphur

Sodium

Chlorine

Magnesium

All originated from a star, we are the universe. The universe is forever growing, and so are we. In our hearts minds & soul's. Alongside the universe, Gaia is our mother. The universe never ends, and nor do we there are plenty stars in the sky to go around for everyone. Don't believe me about the stars research it very easy to find out.

See you in another life fuckerrssss!

"The wonderful thing is most of the compounds found in our body.

Oxygen

carbon

hydrogen

Nitrogen

Calcium

Phosphorus

Potassium

Sulphur

Sodium

Chlorine

Magnesium

All originated from a star, we are the universe. The universe is forever growing, and so are we. In our hearts minds & soul's. Alongside the universe, Gaia is our mother. The universe never ends, and nor do we there are plenty stars in the sky to go around for everyone. Don't believe me about the stars research it very easy to find out.

"

Hey! It wasn't that bad a forum post. No need to top yourself

By *uriousCouple999Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

I had a very vivid dream & it felt very real when my nana died & was able to describe what she died in ect, it still brings me comfort so I would like to think there’s something after death Mrs

Oxygen

carbon

hydrogen

Nitrogen

Calcium

Phosphorus

Potassium

Sulphur

Sodium

Chlorine

Magnesium

Hey! It wasn't that bad a forum post. No need to top yourself "

Hey hey, my mind runs away with its self many occasions! Live learn teach my brethren!

Oxygen

carbon

hydrogen

Nitrogen

Calcium

Phosphorus

Potassium

Sulphur

Sodium

Chlorine

Magnesium

Hey! It wasn't that bad a forum post. No need to top yourself

Hey hey, my mind runs away with its self many occasions! Live learn teach my brethren!"

Oh and peace love prosper always!

I've had too many experiences to not believe in something.

I have an open mind and an open heart where this subject is concerned

"I've had too many experiences to not believe in something.

I have an open mind and an open heart where this subject is concerned "

Oh dear this lady doesn't like me

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Our minds don't know reality, unless by chance it creates our reality that matches what's out there in the real world. So everything that we experience is our own concoction of what our mind has created - typically influenced by our past experiences and who we are. Is there life after death? I don't know but it would appear that we'd need a brain exactly like the physical one that you or I have today, to experience that life as if we are ourselves. That's not to say it's not possible but that after our physical brain decays, the ability to be ourselves isn't that likely, in any similar from to now.

My belief is that all animals die and their physical death is likely to lead only to their organic constituents being recycled within the world. Our influence can live on, within others but based on the evidence I understand is around today, that's about all that's happening.

Our minds can create the reality of many things, according to our perceptual limitations and these interpreted perceptions will be the real world that we know - what we experience may be far from the actual truth, or match it - I'd not invest into my post death existence, other than to grow a tree.

Oxygen

carbon

hydrogen

Nitrogen

Calcium

Phosphorus

Potassium

Sulphur

Sodium

Chlorine

Magnesium

"

Actually this universe will probably end because entropy rules everything .

The right place

Oxygen

carbon

hydrogen

Nitrogen

Calcium

Phosphorus

Potassium

Sulphur

Sodium

Chlorine

Magnesium

Actually this universe will probably end because entropy rules everything . "

It will still exist, just in a state of heat death.

Oxygen

carbon

hydrogen

Nitrogen

Calcium

Phosphorus

Potassium

Sulphur

Sodium

Chlorine

Magnesium

It will still exist, just in a state of heat death. "

The heat death of the universe is another one of those dumb ideas that everyone accepts without having taken a moment to think through the ramifications of it. It doesn't work

Totally believe your spirit goes on!... we aren’t just here for his life we lead now!... our spirit, our energy, our essence goes on into the next life!

Have been to see an amazing guy who does an angel board .... it was incredible and until it happens and you actually see it you can’t get your head around it! x

There is life after death,other people's lives.

So leave them positive happy memories of you when your gone.

Oxygen

carbon

hydrogen

Nitrogen

Calcium

Phosphorus

Potassium

Sulphur

Sodium

Chlorine

Magnesium

It will still exist, just in a state of heat death. "

Not much left to do once all the lights go out ..

The second law of thermodynamics says that entropy always increases with time.

» Add a new message to this topic