FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Moros y christiano.

Moros y christiano.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Today is spains national day, celebrating how they got back spain under a 800 year of moros taking it, you can already feel the atmosphere in the air as the spanish was ready to fight to get the land back, they will march later today and carrying jesus and others with them whilst they are playing exodus, they are playing it with real passion, it kind of feels like you are on that day it happened, have you seen the festival?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

It started during the night and they have been firing the canons near the beach to save the christians from the morors and now even more quick firing, it is impressive, the main parade is tonight.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have they brought out Santiago Matamoros yet?

"Have they brought out Santiago Matamoros yet? "
Not yet. I reckon they will do it later, have you been to the parade before?

I went down to the beach and on the watch tower there was a green flag with a c on, the c is short for the christians won it.

By *rsSBWoman  over a year ago

toy town

Shag today is 12 of October is the day christopher colombus discover America or what he though was India. That's what we celebrate in Spain

"Shag today is 12 of October is the day christopher colombus discover America or what he though was India. That's what we celebrate in Spain

12.10.1492 "

I see, so are there 2 celebrations. I havent seen anything here about america?

toy town

"Shag today is 12 of October is the day christopher colombus discover America or what he though was India. That's what we celebrate in Spain

12.10.1492 I see, so are there 2 celebrations. I havent seen anything here about america?"

It's bank holiday in South and central America too for sane reason.

It all happened at the same time under the Reyes catolicos regim

12.10.1492 I see, so are there 2 celebrations. I havent seen anything here about america?

It all happened at the same time under the Reyes catolicos regim"

Ah yes, lots did happen during that time under that regime too, its a very warm day today, have you seen the christiano festival before?

toy town

12.10.1492 I see, so are there 2 celebrations. I havent seen anything here about america?

It all happened at the same time under the Reyes catolicos regimAh yes, lots did happen during that time under that regime too, its a very warm day today, have you seen the christiano festival before? "

Not as it's more of a southern thing as it happen in Andalusia and I'm from Catalunya. We were Catholic already but that point in history

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A holiday to celebrate discovering a land already inhabited by indigenous peoples.Then Europeans proceeded to kill 70 million to 100 million of the inhabitants over the following years

I suppose if some think sailing around the Caribbean, murdering indigenous people makes him great that's cool . He died thinking that he had been doing all of this in India.So for me that makes him a moron ,a brave one though

toy town

"A holiday to celebrate discovering a land already inhabited by indigenous peoples.Then Europeans proceeded to kill 70 million to 100 million of the inhabitants over the following years

I suppose if some think sailing around the Caribbean, murdering indigenous people makes him great that's cool . He died thinking that he had been doing all of this in India.So for me that makes him a moron ,a brave one though "

Most historical celebrations involve someone getting killed

It all happened at the same time under the Reyes catolicos regimAh yes, lots did happen during that time under that regime too, its a very warm day today, have you seen the christiano festival before?

Not as it's more of a southern thing as it happen in Andalusia and I'm from Catalunya. We were Catholic already but that point in history "

I see, so are you from spain? I have only seen it last year and now. I am now back and it was really good. I was there for 2hrs, it was good music and performance, both from the morors and christianos, it will finish on monday.

» Add a new message to this topic