FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > In celebration of women, men, and others who stubbed their toe...

In celebration of women, men, and others who stubbed their toe...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Dealt with arseholes, had bad health, got their hearts broken.

Who like everyone else dusts them selves off screams at the sky, then gets on with living.

Especially big up to those that can do it with a smile.

Let's face it 99.7% of us have not lived a completely charmed life.

Survivors unite smile an say fuck it this is my life, I am gonna live it.

To those still suffering, work it out and find a smile. You may only have this one life to live.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This sounds like you're trivialising domestic abuse.

Nice one.

"This sounds like you're trivialising domestic abuse.

Nice one."

Nope not at all, I just don't go celebrating those that do it or tolerate it.

Those brave enough to get out of it, have to also be brave enough to escape it if they wish to be free.

But it's not the only trial people go through, and it's not something I can do anything about.

Nice one."

I agree

Nice one.

I agree "

Well you are both wrong, it is a bit of a dig at the white knight thread, but is in support of domestic abuse survivors, grief survivors, and any other crap life throws at you survivors. Don't pick one gender over another, or one source of struggle over another, many people many back stories. Survivors deserve congratulating.

Nice one.

I agree "

Yeah, it is. Fucking stupid thread.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought white knighting was when you ingratiate yourself on a woman in the hope of getting in her knickers. Or does it now stretch to just being nice and thoughtful to women as a whole?

"Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought white knighting was when you ingratiate yourself on a woman in the hope of getting in her knickers. Or does it now stretch to just being nice and thoughtful to women as a whole? "

I read your opening post with a cynical eye, to me it read "thanks for not letting the bad guys put you of shagging the good guys like me"

After the grief thread where men and women expressed pain they are struggling with, I was perhaps more cynical than usual, but also feeling for the pain in whatever form most of us have survived, and put on a smile for the rest of the world.

Pain, abuse and suffering is not gender specific.

"Pain, abuse and suffering is not gender specific. "

But forum threads can be. If someone starts a thread on how extraordinary it must be for trans people to undergo such self transformation you won't catch me jumping on it moaning that everyone goes through changes in life and why didn't the op include them.

Posters can start threads with as broad or as narrow a focus as they want

"Pain, abuse and suffering is not gender specific.

But forum threads can be. If someone starts a thread on how extraordinary it must be for trans people to undergo such self transformation you won't catch me jumping on it moaning that everyone goes through changes in life and why didn't the op include them.

Posters can start threads with as broad or as narrow a focus as they want"

Yep.

Don't mind him. Your thread was exactly what I needed to see that day. And really did wonders to cheer me up. After a violent sexual assault I ended up in an abusive relationship for over 5 years. I don't really talk about either. Not many people in my life know.

Your thread really made me feel seen and appreciated.

This thread feels like a bit of a slap in the face.

Nice one.

I agree

Well you are both wrong, it is a bit of a dig at the white knight thread, but is in support of domestic abuse survivors, grief survivors, and any other crap life throws at you survivors. Don't pick one gender over another, or one source of struggle over another, many people many back stories. Survivors deserve congratulating. "

A White Knight thread? You mean the one about domestic abuse towards women? He picked one gender because they are the ones who will meet him.

I would thank men if it were my thread, for still wanting to meet me after having a fucked up woman try to destroy my life.

We don't have to encompass all everything we thank someone, in case we upset someone else.

Yep."

Instead of taking the piss why didn't you start a meaningful thread for men who have suffered from domestic abuse and thanked them for still wanting to meet you?

Don't mind him. Your thread was exactly what I needed to see that day. And really did wonders to cheer me up. After a violent sexual assault I ended up in an abusive relationship for over 5 years. I don't really talk about either. Not many people in my life know.

Your thread really made me feel seen and appreciated.

This thread feels like a bit of a slap in the face. "

Nice one.

I agree "

I do too.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I agree with OP, almost.

We only have one life!

The world often throws bad things at good people because that's the way life is.

But all those who get bad things in their lives they need to find a way to work through the bad stuff to be able to live their lives with some peace joy happiness and even love.

I'm don't see how the apparent lack of empathy in some comments on this thread help any of us to do so...

Ignore the haters. I read through that thread and it was quite upsetting to read what people had been through to be honest. Even though I haven’t been through any of that it made me put things into perspective a little and realise I moan and stress about trivial things in comparison. If it only made one person feel better about themselves then it’s a good thing.

" Yep.

Instead of taking the piss why didn't you start a meaningful thread for men who have suffered from domestic abuse and thanked them for still wanting to meet you? "

That would have only made sense!!

I've never had a man recognise the strength it takes to get back up after a trauma like domestic abuse and want to try again let alone thank me for it.

It was a great thread and this guy is just jealous he didn't think of it first.

And instead of trying to continue a meaningful conversation, he decided to be petty and rude about it.

And I'm glad he is being called out for it.

[Removed by poster at 11/10/18 10:29:03]

"I agree with OP, almost.

We only have one life!

The world often throws bad things at good people because that's the way life is.

But all those who get bad things in their lives they need to find a way to work through the bad stuff to be able to live their lives with some peace joy happiness and even love.

I'm don't see how the apparent lack of empathy in some comments on this thread help any of us to do so...

The OP only started this thread to take the piss out of SoulfulKinky's thread. This thread isn't a heartfelt thread. "

"The OP only started this thread to take the piss out of SoulfulKinky's thread. This thread isn't a heartfelt thread. "

Actually it is, the conjunction of Soulful's thread with the Grief thread made me feel narrowing the focus to one specific pain of one gender was wrong, had I not read the two on the same day I probably wouldn't have felt the need to widen it.

But hey, only one person saw the intent, that's life.

"The OP only started this thread to take the piss out of SoulfulKinky's thread. This thread isn't a heartfelt thread.

Actually it is, the conjunction of Soulful's thread with the Grief thread made me feel narrowing the focus to one specific pain of one gender was wrong, had I not read the two on the same day I probably wouldn't have felt the need to widen it.

But hey, only one person saw the intent, that's life."

I didn’t narrow it down to gender? Mine was a broad question

"The OP only started this thread to take the piss out of SoulfulKinky's thread. This thread isn't a heartfelt thread.

But hey, only one person saw the intent, that's life.

I didn’t narrow it down to gender? Mine was a broad question "

Not yours, Soulful's

Yesterday was a difficult day on the forums with those threads. But, though I joined in on the grief thread and read parts of it (some of it left me too heavy hearted to read on), my thread wasn't provoked by it in the slightest. So no. I didn't act to narrow its focus.

My thread emerged from the aftermath of a thread in which a lovely woman on here was hounded by some idiot who joined, waited, then posted abuse before going unlos. Admin closed the thread and have hopefully dealt with the issue so that person can't do that again. I know they burnt another fake profile on me. My thread was in reaction to all that kind of shit that some women have to get through just to be on here and be sexy again. They deserve our respect imo

I would sincerely love to hear men's stories about surviving abuse, stalkers, etc and overcoming that to be sexy and upbeat and give women a second chance. I guess in some ways I'm one of those guys. But I've had my fill of drama. So maybe someone else can start that thread if they feel... But maybe leave it a few days. I think we all need a light day after yesterday

» Add a new message to this topic