FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are you??

Are you??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

unlucky in love? Why I say that is that I went on a date yes a date I don't go on them often as they freak me out.. Usually end up beind a thearpist and they are talking labout how much their ex messed them up. They say that there is someone for everyone out there however I am starting to believe that my one has died or gone aboard.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I live in hope that one day, someone who ticks nearly all the boxes will cross my path and sweep me off my feet.

In the meantime, I shall play with Mr. Wrong's until Mr. Right turns up!

My one and only has died and my ex has gone abroad ......

Gonna give me my lottery numbers too?

I've always classed meself as lucky in love

It's just all the other luck that's a complete and utter disaster fa me xx

Been together 24 years, so very lucky from our point of _iew. However, do believe there is someone for everyone, just some people take longer to find it, good luck!

I think when you least expect it ,it happens as allllll my attached friends keep telling me,i found the perfect guy fell in love the minute i saw him,sadly the angels needed him more....never for one minute did i think id find a guy let alone love....but you never know...lifes a journey,just enjoy it and one day as you walk round the corner......you may just find it.good luck and most importantly enjoy xx

The one who provided me with the much needed fireworks was taken away from me unexpectedly just over 3 years ago.

I miss him dearly, however, life must go on, and I cannot live the life of a nun.

In a quite frank post I am about to write I am disatrous with relationships being in a few really abusive relationships where I have been battered and used it made me think that every man is the same... I think the good guys get pissed off with me because I treat them so badly and the ones that treat me like crap I usually fall for. I do wonder about myself at times..

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

Neither of us were looking for love and a chance meet arranged by a friend has meant that Meg is moving in with me as soon as she finds a job here as the 175 mile commute is proving arduous. This is our first Christmas together and we are looking forward to it very much. Sometimes love is just around the corner (Sometimes at the end of the M62!)Never give up but if you stop looking, you never know. Merry Christmas everybody Jim and Meg xxx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I really like seeing others in love...

but it's not for me.

"Neither of us were looking for love and a chance meet arranged by a friend has meant that Meg is moving in with me as soon as she finds a job here as the 175 mile commute is proving arduous. This is our first Christmas together and we are looking forward to it very much. Sometimes love is just around the corner (Sometimes at the end of the M62!)Never give up but if you stop looking, you never know. Merry Christmas everybody @:-re) Jim and Meg xxx"

Congrats and have a great first christmas one of many.xxxxx

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I thought for a while it would be nice to meet someone special again, but now I am happy with meeting people on this site and living the rest of my life the way I want to.

I do not believe I have the time and energy to invest in a traditional relationship.

For a start, I do not believe I could live with another person full time under the same roof again.

I do not wish to talk to another person when I come home after a hard day's work, to hear about how his day has gone blah blah blah, when what I need is just peace and quiet.

I do not wish to have to rush home to cook dinner every day, as it is seldom for me to leave work on time.

What I would like to have, is a part time soul mate, who also values his independence etc...

As I have said before, there are many boxes to tick.

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Having been together for 36 years I suppose we have been lucky in love

This may sound daft and silly, however, I shall use what I would call "would my mother object" test when choosing a life partner in the future.

If I feel/think my mother would be shocked by the person in question, be it physical appearance, intellect, financial security etc., then the person is unlikely to be right for me.

OK, I know at my age I should not need parental approval on any aspect of my life.

However, I have come to respect her opinions over the years.

A couple of gents that had made an impact on my life in the past would not pass this test.

One was completely against type in more ways than one, and I went against my gut instinct to give him a chance, and it ended up a total disaster.

I shall trust my instincts, as they are nearly always right.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"In a quite frank post I am about to write I am disatrous with relationships being in a few really abusive relationships where I have been battered and used it made me think that every man is the same... I think the good guys get pissed off with me because I treat them so badly and the ones that treat me like crap I usually fall for. I do wonder about myself at times.. "
I dont think there are many people who havent had problems with relationships in one way or another, its how you deal with it that counts, you can do one of two things...

1. Be needy and say "oh woe is me"

2. Or say onward and upward and learn to put the negatives behind you

"I dont think there are many people who havent had problems with relationships in one way or another, its how you deal with it that counts, you can do one of two things...

2. Or say onward and upward and learn to put the negatives behind you "

Indeed!

The onward and upward mentality applies to all aspects of life, and not just in relationships, IMHO.

just doesn't seem like onward and upward at the time when someone turns your world upside down and proves themselves not the one that you're gonna grow old with...

The right one's out there somewhere - hiding

Soapy you must have the same luck as me then... or the other way around... lol

hehehe

Wolf

"I do not believe I have the time and energy to invest in a traditional relationship.

For a start, I do not believe I could live with another person full time under the same roof again.

I do not wish to talk to another person when I come home after a hard day's work, to hear about how his day has gone blah blah blah, when what I need is just peace and quiet.

I do not wish to have to rush home to cook dinner every day, as it is seldom for me to leave work on time.

What I would like to have, is a part time soul mate, who also values his independence etc...

As I have said before, there are many boxes to tick. "

That is exactly what I am looking for too Pearl. One day.............

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I dont think there are many people who havent had problems with relationships in one way or another, its how you deal with it that counts, you can do one of two things...

Indeed!

The onward and upward mentality applies to all aspects of life, and not just in relationships, IMHO. "

i totally agree Pearl, but with the relationship thing its the same as the single male thing, negativity and the oh woe is me attitude can be off putting

"just doesn't seem like onward and upward at the time when someone turns your world upside down and proves themselves not the one that you're gonna grow old with...

hehehe

Wolf

"

Glad I ain't the only one xx

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"just doesn't seem like onward and upward at the time when someone turns your world upside down and proves themselves not the one that you're gonna grow old with...

hehehe

Wolf

"

i agree with that also..give yaself a bit of time to get over the hurt n shite then go out n grab the world by the balls

Or a.man by the balls.....

i think you all have got it wrong. you just buy a good set of handcuffs and ankle shackles then the fookers cant get away can they

I don't think I am, no.

I was married for 24 years to the only man I've ever loved. He never bored me either.

Although I see someone regularly, if I don't see him I don't care or think about him. That may seem cold, but I don't want the complexity of a relationship.

I've become selfish and I like the variety of having several playmates to amuse me. Sadly, just as some women have the nack of attracting men that cheat, knock them about etc, I seem to attract clingy men.

By *in4sumMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Indeed!

The onward and upward mentality applies to all aspects of life, and not just in relationships, IMHO. "

+1

"I do not believe I have the time and energy to invest in a traditional relationship.

As I have said before, there are many boxes to tick.

That is exactly what I am looking for too Pearl. One day............."

Think I might have found it...early days but fingers crossed xx

you reap what you sow

"you reap what you sow "

true in many respects

had to laugh reading down the list

Are you?

Dogging ... or

Born Again Christian?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive met some right twats in my time who have treated me like shit. Ive met some lovely guys and for what ever reason it didnt work out. Then i met Jay. People can only do to you what you let them. Ive never been a baggage carrier. Also i have never gone looking for a relationship, ive always just stumbled into them. Ive never been needy enough to need a man in my life

A bit, but I keeps trying all the same.

I don't think I am needy... or full on I think the times I have looked for a relationship I have met the dicks!! I guess that I would just like to meet someone to settle down with and have kids at least then I can say that I have done it....

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

I was in a 15 year relationship that just kinda fizzled out. I would like to think I'm not too ugly / grumpy / short-arsed to find someone else at some stage but I wouldn't say I'm really looking for one at the moment... but I am 36 so I guess I shouldn't leave it too long.

Whoever it would be with, however, would have to be a Villa fan

I'd rather be happy alone than miserable with the wrong lass.

My ex husband is the only man I have ever loved. We split 9 years ago and I have never met any one else I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I have dated twice since, but they only lasted a few months and that was over 5 years ago. I have had casual relationships since, but love was not involved. Not sure I will ever meet the one, but I intend to have lots of fun in the mean time lol x

"I'd rather be happy alone than miserable with the wrong lass. "

totally agree with this sentiment. in the past 6 months I have been far happier being single than being in a bad relationship. besides there is too many cocks about just waiting to be sat on

"I'd rather be happy alone than miserable with the wrong lass.

totally agree with this sentiment. in the past 6 months I have been far happier being single than being in a bad relationship. besides there is too many cocks about just waiting to be sat on "

You'll always have a seat in Edinburgh....Arthurs seat!lol

Just kidding,my seat's much more fun. ;-x)

Definitely better and happier alone than with the wrong person, IMHO.

I have never wanted kids, been like that ever since I baby-sat a family friend's baby when he was 2 weeks old. He is now 28, and one day, I hope to remind him about cleaning him up and changing his nappy at his wedding!

Perhaps that is one of the reasons why I can just get up and go if a relationship does not work out, as there is no need to stay for the sake of the children etc...

I have never regretted not having children. It is not for everyone, and certainly not for me.

I would rather have a cat and a dog than a child.

I have been married for 30 years, we have our ups and downs like you do. I havnt met anyone as nice as my hubby and if he wasnt around anymore i dont think i would want to get involved with anyone else.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"I'd rather be happy alone than miserable with the wrong lass. "

I agree - but being happy and being in a relationship don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I'd rather be happy in a relationship than happy alone.

» Add a new message to this topic