FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bad news for Landlords

Bad news for Landlords

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rontier Psychiatrist OP   Man  over a year ago

Coventry

According to the BBC the under 25s are turning their back on Alcohol. Apparently nearly 1 in 3 16-24 don't drink compared to 1 in 5 back in 2005. The youth deffinatly know how to not party these days.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's so early in the morning my brain couldn't work out how this affected the housing market

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"It's so early in the morning my brain couldn't work out how this affected the housing market "

Hahae too!

"According to the BBC the under 25s are turning their back on Alcohol. Apparently nearly 1 in 3 16-24 don't drink compared to 1 in 5 back in 2005. The youth deffinatly know how to not party these days."

It's right. We have very few young people in our pub now compared to say 3 years ago.

I don't think this age group have much in the way of disposable income. If they're in minimum wage is almost an hours pay just for one drink!!!

Sadly a lot have turned to other means instead of drink. Believe me I work with teenagers and teenage boys especially are using instead of drinking on nights out.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I don't drink, personally I find it boring and pointless. But I'm weird and I guess that puts me in the minority.

By *ixey and CopperCouple  over a year ago

Taunton

Our wet sales are up by 65% this year and dry by 50%.

A pub is a hub for lots of different reasons now and you have to diversify.

A failing pub is the result of bad ideas and no leadership.

????????????

As an ex publican, I have seen the decline in pubs first hand. From when I started, where there would be 6 of us tending a bar no more than 10 metres long, as the pub was so busy on a friday night. Fast forward 5 years and 2 could handle it easy.

Also agree with the above poster that some (not all, not many, not a sweeping generalisation before certain people jump on the bandwagon) are more interested in getting off their faces on drugs than off their tits on booze.

I am not one to judge which is worse. Somebody on here iam sure will though !

"

????????????"

Wow !!

You ever run an inner city pub on a housing estate that is usually inhabited by crackheads and drug dealers?

No amount of quiz nights and kareokee nights get people in when you bar all the dickheads. If people have no money - they spend no money.

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

Not a bad thing, I wish I'd not pished my wages up the wall when I was younger

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Healthier living by the younger generation is also playing a big part.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Lots seem to resorting to other ways to enjoy themselves.

Think they are still getting hammered but in another way.

I'm pretty sure most A&Es or police stations (if you can find an open one that is)

Are pretty full on a Friday and Saturday.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"

????????????

Wow !!

You ever run an inner city pub on a housing estate that is usually inhabited by crackheads and drug dealers?

No amount of quiz nights and kareokee nights get people in when you bar all the dickheads. If people have no money - they spend no money. "

Also I think the decline of the local is this obsession most breweries have of turning every pub into a bloody gastro pub.

Gone are the days of food being a couple of cheese and ham rolls in a plastic container on the bar and pork scratchings.

These days the atmosphere has been sucked out of most pubs as theyare full of families having tea or a bunch of grannies celebrating 80th birthday. I've got nothing against the above but there are few pubs where people meet up and spend the night there talking and drinking.

People pre drink, meet briefly at a pub then taxi to a club. Lots of pubs round our way are empty by 10pm on weekends

People are more wiser with money and more keen on the gym these days and don’t see beer guts sexy,gin sales are through the roof but that’s mainly the over 30s.

"Not a bad thing, I wish I'd not pished my wages up the wall when I was younger "
yeah I’ll be 30 grand better off!

"According to the BBC the under 25s are turning their back on Alcohol. Apparently nearly 1 in 3 16-24 don't drink compared to 1 in 5 back in 2005. The youth deffinatly know how to not party these days."
which BBC?

There’s 4 bars in the small village in France where I have a house, there doesn’t seem to be any fixed opening hours. If there’s customers on an evening they’ll serve, if there isn’t they shut.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"

????????????

Wow !!

No amount of quiz nights and kareokee nights get people in when you bar all the dickheads. If people have no money - they spend no money. "

Improve your WiFi and they'll come in lol.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

My boys are 20 and 23. Oldest goes out occasionally and the younger one tends to buy a buy a bottle of vodka and go to his friend’s house. Changed days from when I was their age and out every weekend Friday and Saturday!

"I don't drink, personally I find it boring and pointless. But I'm weird and I guess that puts me in the minority."

Not weird at all!

I’d say there are many like you.

You don’t have to drink to enjoy yourself on a night out!

Sadly the other 2 in 3 make up for it if you go into town centres on a weekend night.

» Add a new message to this topic