FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > SlimmingWorld

SlimmingWorld

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Soooooo I do SlimmingWorld I lost 5 stone originally going from 17.10 to 12.10 and was so happy and better cos of it.

Due to knee injury after 6 months or target I slowly started to creep back to old habits and am now 16.5 and totally disgusted in my appearance and that I done so bad. I know the past 4 months after operation hasn’t helped and I put 10 lbs on ( although that could have been worse)

So am back on it now was shocked for first time ever I was checking syns of stuff and even put yummy things back cos the syns lol

Who else does sw??

Should we chat an support as group on here??

Who else has hard time with weight?

Msg me or discuss here

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

The Wednesday Weigh-in thread is a good start. I always found it very supportive

"The Wednesday Weigh-in thread is a good start. I always found it very supportive"

Oooooh I think I seen that but cos I get weighed on a Thursday always forget about thanks for the info

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

well done. keep the drive and dont give in

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

I do SW but am cheesed off as I reached my goal weight but due to moving to a different area unless I pay £15 I lose my history and have to start again, unless I got the wrong end of the stick...

"Soooooo I do SlimmingWorld I lost 5 stone originally going from 17.10 to 12.10 and was so happy and better cos of it.

Due to knee injury after 6 months or target I slowly started to creep back to old habits and am now 16.5 and totally disgusted in my appearance and that I done so bad. I know the past 4 months after operation hasn’t helped and I put 10 lbs on ( although that could have been worse)

So am back on it now was shocked for first time ever I was checking syns of stuff and even put yummy things back cos the syns lol

Really bad timing with the op x but at least you know you can shift the weight again xx

Who else does sw??

Should we chat an support as group on here??

Who else has hard time with weight?

Msg me or discuss here "

I am a member of SW, but use it more these days to keep myself on track with food rather than to lose weight

In the last 14 weeks, I've lost 1.5lbs but am happy with that as I am now eating what I want but still maintaining

Prior to that, I'd lost 42lbs over about 20 weeks

"I am a member of SW, but use it more these days to keep myself on track with food rather than to lose weight

In the last 14 weeks, I've lost 1.5lbs but am happy with that as I am now eating what I want but still maintaining

Prior to that, I'd lost 42lbs over about 20 weeks"

For the first 3 months, I just ate better (I hate the word 'diet')

Then I started at the gym

My weight seemed to plateau a bit after I started going regularly but I am not really bothered by that - I am more interested in the changes in my body and how much better I feel in myself

SW has been a big part of my weight loss but not the sum of it

"I do SW but am cheesed off as I reached my goal weight but due to moving to a different area unless I pay £15 I lose my history and have to start again, unless I got the wrong end of the stick..."

You should t have to pay more, I swapped when moved from St. Helens to here and just go as normal but get the person running it to accept you in their group on system then it just moves you

Well done hitting target I did mine then realised I could eat crap lol but at time I was running 6-10 miles per day so worked out.

"I am a member of SW, but use it more these days to keep myself on track with food rather than to lose weight

Prior to that, I'd lost 42lbs over about 20 weeks

For the first 3 months, I just ate better (I hate the word 'diet')

Then I started at the gym

My weight seemed to plateau a bit after I started going regularly but I am not really bothered by that - I am more interested in the changes in my body and how much better I feel in myself

SW has been a big part of my weight loss but not the sum of it "

I try not see as a diet either I see I get nice food and stuff and maybe I get to loose weight

My weight will go off and also stay same at times due to exercise and life lol

At moment am staying sane since can walk better but stretches toning muscles in legs a bit so gaining muscle instead fat haha and I’m getting a tight pert ass lmao

Good luck and enjoy sw I do

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Tried it and it didn’t work for me. I was on and off it for a while, kept losing heart when it wasn’t working and left, only to rejoin some months later. At my last attempt I lost 15 lbs in 10 months

I changed to weight watchers and this actually really does work! I didn’t get to be a porker by having an off switch when I’m told I can eat as much pasta, rice, and potatoes as I want. I need the accountability of having to actually weigh out and count a portion.

My weight loss with WW has been much better. I’m now lighter than I’ve been in over 10 years and have gone from a size 22 to a size 16. The best bit is that my bmi has now come down sufficiently that I have been able to register as a stem cell and bone marrow donor.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

You've just reminded me

Went to a pub in Hastings once, there were chairs set out at one end in a circle.

Ah, I thought, must be a SW meeting on later.

After a couple of minutes the bar maid came over to ask if I was there for the meeting?

Cheeky cow I thought.

Is it Slimming World I asked?

No it's the BNP meet she said....

Safe to say I hightailed my (mixed race) arse outta there!

Finished my pint first tho...

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

"You've just reminded me

Went to a pub in Hastings once, there were chairs set out at one end in a circle.

Ah, I thought, must be a SW meeting on later.

After a couple of minutes the bar maid came over to ask if I was there for the meeting?

Cheeky cow I thought.

Is it Slimming World I asked?

No it's the BNP meet she said....

Safe to say I hightailed my (mixed race) arse outta there!

Finished my pint first tho..."

Oh ‘eck!

SW circle of shame is my favourite bit of the whole thing to be fair.

Joined wait watchers when I was 21_ only male there I didn't realize that we had to get on the scales in font of everyone the told me I had to do it naked the joke was on me

My SW group is a bit like AA, serial confessions of how much vodka everyone drank in the preceding week. I think a slimming support group would be great. I’m struggling at the moment.

"I do SW but am cheesed off as I reached my goal weight but due to moving to a different area unless I pay £15 I lose my history and have to start again, unless I got the wrong end of the stick..."

No, that's not correct.

Me and logan go to slimming world. I have been going almost a year and lost 2st on an up and down and have kinda lost my mojo now! Got another 4st to lose to get to target!

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

I wotch my own wate and control my own diet.

Currently. Aming to loos a couple of pounds so on a 1000 cal a day diet.

It works well

"I wotch my own wate and control my own diet.

It works well "

That sounds way too low. Especially for a man. I'm on 1200 calories a day and I'm sure 1000 isn't healthy.

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

It works well

That sounds way too low. Especially for a man. I'm on 1200 calories a day and I'm sure 1000 isn't healthy."

It's not a long turm diet

"My SW group is a bit like AA, serial confessions of how much vodka everyone drank in the preceding week. I think a slimming support group would be great. I’m struggling at the moment."

Jason Manford has one on Facebook.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

It works well

That sounds way too low. Especially for a man. I'm on 1200 calories a day and I'm sure 1000 isn't healthy.

It's not a long turm diet "

It won’t stay off then! Any weight loss plan has to be looked at as making long term changes. Otherwise, when you stop it will all pile back on quicker than you lost it. You may even find that you gain more than you lost!

It works well

It's not a long turm diet

It won’t stay off then! Any weight loss plan has to be looked at as making long term changes. Otherwise, when you stop it will all pile back on quicker than you lost it. You may even find that you gain more than you lost!"

Unfortunately many people gain the weight they’ve lost and add on more once they stop / relax the eating plan. It’s to do with your body going into “survival mode”.

Really interesting programme last year about various diets / eating plans ~ out of all the people followed the only ones that maintained their weight successfully were the 2 that changed their whole lifestyle to encorporate fitness on a daily basis...

It works well

That sounds way too low. Especially for a man. I'm on 1200 calories a day and I'm sure 1000 isn't healthy."

1200 is pretty low overall. I can understand that in the beginning to kick start the weight loss, do you review the amount along the way?

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

It works well

It's not a long turm diet "

Even in the short term it's not enough calories. Your body goes into shock if it doesn't get enough calories.

South Oxfordshire

That sounds like your new group leader is struggling for newbies and is thinking this is an easy way to get a new starter.

It works well

1200 is pretty low overall. I can understand that in the beginning to kick start the weight loss, do you review the amount along the way?"

Yes it's low. I use my fitness pal so when I add in my exercise the calories are adjusted accordingly. I rarely only have 1200 a day to be honest but that's what I have on lazy days.

South Oxfordshire

I did Slimming World this year as I was piling on the weight. A combination of illness and the plan saw me lose about a stone and half between January and May when I stopped going.

I've carried on losing the weight and I think I'm now at my target weight (or thereabouts). My running has improved now I've lost weight too.

Good luck OP, you can get there

Yep I'm on SW too, trying really hard this week. I find it a really good plan to cook extra for dinner so that I can take it to work for lunch.

"Yep I'm on SW too, trying really hard this week. I find it a really good plan to cook extra for dinner so that I can take it to work for lunch. "

Yeah am same planning loads, after operation was hard now my brain switched on and back to planning, cooking and even checking syns which I never do haha

Good luck alsk

"I did Slimming World this year as I was piling on the weight. A combination of illness and the plan saw me lose about a stone and half between January and May when I stopped going.

I've carried on losing the weight and I think I'm now at my target weight (or thereabouts). My running has improved now I've lost weight too.

Good luck OP, you can get there "

Yeah originally I did amazing an was happy, but my injury halted that

Now had operation and had lazy resting time now am ready to go an loose weight

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I did Slimming World this year as I was piling on the weight. A combination of illness and the plan saw me lose about a stone and half between January and May when I stopped going.

Now had operation and had lazy resting time now am ready to go an loose weight "

You can do it!

Now had operation and had lazy resting time now am ready to go an loose weight

You can do it!"

Thank you sexy lady

"I do SW but am cheesed off as I reached my goal weight but due to moving to a different area unless I pay £15 I lose my history and have to start again, unless I got the wrong end of the stick...

You should t have to pay more, I swapped when moved from St. Helens to here and just go as normal but get the person running it to accept you in their group on system then it just moves you

Well done hitting target I did mine then realised I could eat crap lol but at time I was running 6-10 miles per day so worked out. "

Ha ha well found and ty for replying x

"I do SW but am cheesed off as I reached my goal weight but due to moving to a different area unless I pay £15 I lose my history and have to start again, unless I got the wrong end of the stick...

Well done hitting target I did mine then realised I could eat crap lol but at time I was running 6-10 miles per day so worked out.

Ha ha well found and ty for replying x"

Np always happy to help

» Add a new message to this topic