FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is it me???

Is it me???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well recently I’ve started to find certain parts of fab to be tedious and just brings out the OMG voice in my head, reasons are:

Status updates - Seem to see same ppl posting like its Facebook

New members - nothing against new ppl joining before ppl moan am more fed up catfishes seen quite a few while I been off work. See original profile then week later another appears with 1-2 pics of he first page but a different location.

Abuse - seems to be on rise against ladies, have 2 ladies speak to who received grief and abusive comments from guys cos posted verification about a meet (jealously is the word for it) and the meets in question one was a coffee date another a lunch date with nothing happening except talk and lol flirt.

Am sorry to rant but omg what the site coming to when people can’t have fun and laughs, but this isn’t social media either I don’t wana know if on second cup tea on a swinging site keep that for Facebook or twitter lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

It's a swinging site where you can post weekly updates on your recovery from knee surgery. How is that different from Facebook styles taurus updates?!

"It's a swinging site where you can post weekly updates on your recovery from knee surgery. How is that different from Facebook styles taurus updates?! "

I post in a forum not a status update

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's a swinging site where you can post weekly updates on your recovery from knee surgery. How is that different from Facebook styles taurus updates?! "

Exactly

I get bored very quickly so I do a lot of scrolling on here.

I rarely read updates and only see those from men, so they are very samey.

If I get bored looking at stuff on here I leave and play something on my phone.

"It's a swinging site where you can post weekly updates on your recovery from knee surgery. How is that different from Facebook styles taurus updates?!

I post in a forum not a status update"

The difference being you are invoking a conversation.

evesham

"It's a swinging site where you can post weekly updates on your recovery from knee surgery. How is that different from Facebook styles taurus updates?!

I post in a forum not a status update"

A forum on a swinging site. Surely, going by your rant, you should only post about sex?

Or are people allowed to post about how much tea they have drink in the forums, just not on their status?

I don't get the distinction?

evesham

The difference being you are invoking a conversation."

I d had many a conversation start from a status update. Mine are rarely sexual in nature.

It is what it is, you're not going to change it by moaning about it, just get out of it what suits you best and ignore the crap, I do it and I find it works for me

I d had many a conversation start from a status update. Mine are rarely sexual in nature. "

He's possibly not talking about those types of statuses.

You'll soon be up and running away from this place OP.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Well recently I’ve started to find certain parts of fab to be tedious and just brings out the OMG voice in my head"

Same

A forum on a swinging site. Surely, going by your rant, you should only post about sex?

Or are people allowed to post about how much tea they have drink in the forums, just not on their status?

I don't get the distinction?"

If posting about films or recovery etc in general chat no if I posted in areas most ppl speak about sex then yes lol

It’s just status seem the become constant ok tea post was example It is not an actual post seen, the tea post I used as a rough example

evesham

I d had many a conversation start from a status update. Mine are rarely sexual in nature.

He's possibly not talking about those types of statuses."

But he is. He quotes Facebook style statuses in his OP. Those are the ones I've had conversations with people from, invoking conversation just like his Facebook style forum posts about his knee operation.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Well recently I’ve started to find certain parts of fab to be tedious and just brings out the OMG voice in my head, reasons are:

New members - nothing against new ppl joining before ppl moan am more fed up catfishes seen quite a few while I been off work. See original profile then week later another appears with 1-2 pics of he first page but a different location.

Abuse - seems to be on rise against ladies, have 2 ladies speak to who received grief and abusive comments from guys cos posted verification about a meet (jealously is the word for it) and the meets in question one was a coffee date another a lunch date with nothing happening except talk and lol flirt.

Am sorry to rant but omg what the site coming to when people can’t have fun and laughs, but this isn’t social media either I don’t wana know if on second cup tea on a swinging site keep that for Facebook or twitter lol

"

Thought people could post what they like within the site rules: silly me!

evesham

"Well recently I’ve started to find certain parts of fab to be tedious and just brings out the OMG voice in my head, reasons are:

"

Only on the forums! I'll forward you the memo

"

Haha I love how I post about ladies being abused and fake constantly created profiles stealing others pics, yet all anyone worried about in my get of my chest rant is about status updates hahaha

I think it has been ever thus. I just go with the flow (no it's not piss)

evesham

Haha I love how I post about ladies being abused and fake constantly created profiles stealing others pics, yet all anyone worried about in my get of my chest rant is about status updates hahaha

"

Because people don't like hypocrites telling what they can and can't post.

Pricks will be pricks and it sounds like your lady friends had some lucky escapes. We also don't know what the 'abuse' was so can't really comment on it. The site provides a block button to deal with that.

If the fake profiles are so easy to spit as you say then there's kit an issue really is there.

"

It's you!! Where are the rules to say you can only post things about sex? Just like Facebook it's upto the individual what they talk about.

evesham

[Removed by poster at 06/10/18 10:12:08]

evesham

I've also just seen your status op.... What is it they say about people in glass houses?!

Been in a walk have you? Took a new pic did you?

People can surely use this site how they wish to?

If you don't like it, you can always leave.

"I've also just seen your status op.... What is it they say about people in glass houses?!

Been in a walk have you? Took a new pic did you? "

Yes I did thanks lol

Plus as you say and have ranted back at me people can post what like on here and shouldn’t get grief hence I opened a debate about thing which drive me crazy - yet you have attacked me through your replies criticising my forum posts.

I use the forum to post stuff about my recovery as I do not have people I can speak to in real life as most people don’t understand or have even realised that I been so depressed in past 1.5-2 yrs that I wanted to do serious harm to my self to stop the pain an discomfort I was going through and the fear that I had following an event in my life that made me run an run so hard that I damaged my knee....

So yes my rant was general and just as it was a rant and wasn’t a come attack me post so thank you for making me feel like that.

My only escape at present due to my restricted mobility is fab forum so yes I post here good and bad posts and sometimes I post bits that are stupid.

By *ommyxyzMan  over a year ago

Crawley

I’ve obviously not read all the rules!

"I've also just seen your status op.... What is it they say about people in glass houses?!

Yes I did thanks lol

Plus as you say and have ranted back at me people can post what like on here and shouldn’t get grief hence I opened a debate about thing which drive me crazy - yet you have attacked me through your replies criticising my forum posts.

I use the forum to post stuff about my recovery as I do not have people I can speak to in real life as most people don’t understand or have even realised that I been so depressed in past 1.5-2 yrs that I wanted to do serious harm to my self to stop the pain an discomfort I was going through and the fear that I had following an event in my life that made me run an run so hard that I damaged my knee....

So yes my rant was general and just as it was a rant and wasn’t a come attack me post so thank you for making me feel like that.

My only escape at present due to my restricted mobility is fab forum so yes I post here good and bad posts and sometimes I post bits that are stupid."

Don't give it if you can't take it. As for depression have you been to your doctor? I've suffered for 24 years with it. Get help.

Yes I did thanks lol

My only escape at present due to my restricted mobility is fab forum so yes I post here good and bad posts and sometimes I post bits that are stupid."

Nobody is attacking you for your posts at all, just proving a point that people use fab to post different things, similar to facebook

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Yes I did thanks lol

You know all those status updates you complain about? Maybe those people have nobody else to talk to either. Something to think about

evesham

Yes I did thanks lol

Oh please. I haven't attacked you and I haven't said you can't post what you like on here.... Ever! I've just pointed out that you are a tad hypocritical, which you are.

You can't start a thread attacking others for what they post and not expect yourself to be put under the microscope. That's not how it works.

If you start moaning about Facebook style statuses don't have a Facebook syr status on your profile... That's surely common sense.

Trying to twist this into me attacking you for your mental health is a bit low too. Especially as it's not even relevant to your rant or my replies.

By *horecruxCouple  over a year ago

SE4

Can see who's not getting laid in this thread that's for sure

evesham

"Can see who's not getting laid in this thread that's for sure "

Is it me??

"Can see who's not getting laid in this thread that's for sure "

Is it me?! My husbands at work

"People can surely use this site how they wish to?

If you don't like it, you can always leave."

Course they can hence I asked is it me that’s getting bored of something.. the simple answer yes people can post what they like.... just sometimes it gets a bit boring or repetitive. Yes I probably do the same on occasion am falabel am human.

But I also asked do people get fed up of abusive comments using an example of female friend who received abusive msgs from guys cos they posted a meet. The msgs were made cos jealousy no abuse should be allowed - yes block button works but still it’s not nice to receive an abusive comment/inbox msg then to block its a shame people need to attack and be abusive cos ppl have a meet.

Yes I did thanks lol

My only escape at present due to my restricted mobility is fab forum so yes I post here good and bad posts and sometimes I post bits that are stupid.

Oh please. I haven't attacked you and I haven't said you can't post what you like on here.... Ever! I've just pointed out that you are a tad hypocritical, which you are.

You can't start a thread attacking others for what they post and not expect yourself to be put under the microscope. That's not how it works.

If you start moaning about Facebook style statuses don't have a Facebook syr status on your profile... That's surely common sense.

Trying to twist this into me attacking you for your mental health is a bit low too. Especially as it's not even relevant to your rant or my replies.

"

Course they can hence I asked is it me that’s getting bored of something.. the simple answer yes people can post what they like.... just sometimes it gets a bit boring or repetitive. Yes I probably do the same on occasion am falabel am human.

But I also asked do people get fed up of abusive comments using an example of female friend who received abusive msgs from guys cos they posted a meet. The msgs were made cos jealousy no abuse should be allowed - yes block button works but still it’s not nice to receive an abusive comment/inbox msg then to block its a shame people need to attack and be abusive cos ppl have a meet.

"

Yes abuse happens, yes it's a shame, but it happens in all walks of life. It's easy enough to deal with on here.

Sorry to hear about your depression, I do hope you are getting professional help for it.

"

of course people get fed up of abusive messages but just do what any other sensible person would do. Report & block and forget it

"

Unfortunately abusive messages just come with your fab account. If you join, you are opening yourself up to abuse. It shouldn’t be that way, but there are many many immature and angry people on here. All we can say is report and block - we’re all fed up of it too

"

Maybe you should step away from fab once in a while?

If i find its starting to irk me i take a fab break and get back into the real world occasionally..

Being on here 24/7 isnt good for your health

If i find its starting to irk me i take a fab break and get back into the real world occasionally..

Being on here 24/7 isnt good for your health"

I’m the same

It’s you, I say that because it’s obviously starting to grate.

I’ve been off fabs more times this year than on it as I’ve found it’s not fulfilling my needs at the moment. It’s not the site or the people on it that’s the issue it’s the way I feel, I’m finding more stimulation elsewhere.

Thank you everyone for the debate and comments

Yes my rant was probably stupid but it was stuff I personally was feeling fed up with (most times when I post rant no one ever reads it lol)

Yes people can use fab how they wish and

Can post what ever they wish and when maybe using example of Facebook wasn’t the wisest more just see lots reposting/repetition in posts (like the ones discussed many time in forum about getting attention about leaving etc)

My life at present is stuck online so I see stuff more than used to plus the are of interacting with people has not happened so only people speak to is through fab forums.

Yes abuse happens, yes it's a shame, but it happens in all walks of life. It's easy enough to deal with on here.

Sorry to hear about your depression, I do hope you are getting professional help for it."

I am thanks it’s been hard esp as anniversary date I had last week sent me on a spin but gettin better again

Sorry to hear about your depression, I do hope you are getting professional help for it.

I am thanks it’s been hard esp as anniversary date I had last week sent me on a spin but gettin better again"

It's my birthday on Thursday and also the anniversary of my mother's death so I know a little of how you're feeling xx

Being on here 24/7 isnt good for your health

I’m the same "

Yeah probably at moment it’s my interaction with the world which I’ve never had before, I’m usually out and about but at moment I rely on family to help me an take me out, my so called friends haven’t appeared and when I reach out are up for it the. Day comes and the excuses flow,

Maybe am not as likes as I hoped I always was a loner as a child but try hard to make friends now.

I use fab so least I can chat, debate and speaks to people

I am thanks it’s been hard esp as anniversary date I had last week sent me on a spin but gettin better again It's my birthday on Thursday and also the anniversary of my mother's death so I know a little of how you're feeling xx"

Thank you and am sorry for that will be thinking of you

I am thanks it’s been hard esp as anniversary date I had last week sent me on a spin but gettin better again It's my birthday on Thursday and also the anniversary of my mother's death so I know a little of how you're feeling xx

"

thank you. After suffering with depression for 24 years this time of year always gets to me. I find I take it out on other people and I'm constantly apologising to them. It's not their fault but we all need to rant at times lol. Xx

I am thanks it’s been hard esp as anniversary date I had last week sent me on a spin but gettin better again It's my birthday on Thursday and also the anniversary of my mother's death so I know a little of how you're feeling xx

thank you. After suffering with depression for 24 years this time of year always gets to me. I find I take it out on other people and I'm constantly apologising to them. It's not their fault but we all need to rant at times lol. Xx"

Am probably same I find past week so hard as it was anniversary of when I was sexually assaulted and then Thursday was anniversary of my grandma dying I was 6 an it always hits me cos I was the one who found her dead in my bedroom.

I always denied I had depression and fought it so hard cos in my job am only male where work so am always seen as the strong one. I always seen my depression state as weakness hence it’s built up and up so much after operation, cos am stuck in house mostly in living room or bathroom am kept with just me and my thoughts so the flood gates opened and hard to shut I’m seeking help but last few weeks hit me harder than ever

Been in a walk have you? Took a new pic did you? "

U right lady

thank you. After suffering with depression for 24 years this time of year always gets to me. I find I take it out on other people and I'm constantly apologising to them. It's not their fault but we all need to rant at times lol. Xx

Am probably same I find past week so hard as it was anniversary of when I was sexually assaulted and then Thursday was anniversary of my grandma dying I was 6 an it always hits me cos I was the one who found her dead in my bedroom.

I always denied I had depression and fought it so hard cos in my job am only male where work so am always seen as the strong one. I always seen my depression state as weakness hence it’s built up and up so much after operation, cos am stuck in house mostly in living room or bathroom am kept with just me and my thoughts so the flood gates opened and hard to shut I’m seeking help but last few weeks hit me harder than ever"

Definitely get help. It's not a sign of weakness. You need some kind of counselling by the sounds of it xx

I always denied I had depression and fought it so hard cos in my job am only male where work so am always seen as the strong one. I always seen my depression state as weakness hence it’s built up and up so much after operation, cos am stuck in house mostly in living room or bathroom am kept with just me and my thoughts so the flood gates opened and hard to shut I’m seeking help but last few weeks hit me harder than ever Definitely get help. It's not a sign of weakness. You need some kind of counselling by the sounds of it xx"

I know now after 4 years I should got help after assault but was embarrassed I hid it and my physical damage made worse but I birdied it

I am trying get better and seeking help

I always denied I had depression and fought it so hard cos in my job am only male where work so am always seen as the strong one. I always seen my depression state as weakness hence it’s built up and up so much after operation, cos am stuck in house mostly in living room or bathroom am kept with just me and my thoughts so the flood gates opened and hard to shut I’m seeking help but last few weeks hit me harder than ever Definitely get help. It's not a sign of weakness. You need some kind of counselling by the sounds of it xx

I know now after 4 years I should got help after assault but was embarrassed I hid it and my physical damage made worse but I birdied it

I am trying get better and seeking help"

good luck x

» Add a new message to this topic