FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Keto Diet...

Keto Diet...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any fellow ”Keto’ers” here?

Am really stuck for recipe ideas

Pls... no messages saying “my cum”... not till I’ve eaten lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *horecruxCouple  over a year ago

SE4

Dust ?

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Any fellow ”Keto’ers” here?

Pls... no messages saying “my cum”... not till I’ve eaten lol"

Look on the Diet Doctor website - loads of recipes there.

Look on the Diet Doctor website - loads of recipes there."

Great cheers... I’ve been working thru a recipe book but everything’s very American (measurements/ingredients) etc... it’s starting to get a bit samey...

...Up on the Downs

Great cheers... I’ve been working thru a recipe book but everything’s very American (measurements/ingredients) etc... it’s starting to get a bit samey..."

I can never be bothered with recipes anyway, with one or two exceptions I just adopt what I have always eaten.

...Up on the Downs

Great cheers... I’ve been working thru a recipe book but everything’s very American (measurements/ingredients) etc... it’s starting to get a bit samey...

I can never be bothered with recipes anyway, with one or two exceptions I just adopt what I have always eaten."

Adapt....

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 05/10/18 17:43:45]

ashby de la zouch

Pls... no messages saying “my cum”... not till I’ve eaten lol"

For me eggs , eggs , more eggs , fish chicken , nuts

Courgettes , cauliflower, peppers ,celerac, aubergine, cheese , and a vast number of herbs and spices esp chilli , I generally don't do recipes, I do randomly constructed to my taste or desire at the time x

But I don't really mind samey food

Although you may find a food processor , making your own cauliflower rice and finely chopped courgette , and a few base curry sources rather helpful xxx

ashby de la zouch

Courgettes , cauliflower, peppers ,celerac, aubergine, cheese , and a vast number of herbs and spices esp chilli , I generally don't do recipes, I do randomly constructed to my taste or desire at the time x

Although you may find a food processor , making your own cauliflower rice and finely chopped courgette , and a few base curry sources rather helpful xxx

"

Oh and I strongly recommend against dirty keto ie bacon, sausage , processed high salt high animal fat foods fast food fried burger, euck

Lots of healthy nut oils olive oil, avocados

Oh and I strongly recommend against dirty keto ie bacon, sausage , processed high salt high animal fat foods fast food fried burger, euck

Lots of healthy nut oils olive oil, avocados "

Interesting on the “dirty Keto” advice... struggling to take on enough fat atm... ending up throwing Ghee at everything...

What’s your thoughts on dairy?

ashby de la zouch

Interesting on the “dirty Keto” advice... struggling to take on enough fat atm... ending up throwing Ghee at everything...

What’s your thoughts on dairy?"

Dairy, could be most cheeses and skyr Yogurt, I'd recommend moderation with most cheese due to saturated , and salt content , but a little cheese is good for flavour punctuation just as continental meats , chorizo for example

As for get enough fat ? Really

100 grams of nuts is near 700 calories alone, 10 ml of any oil , for example olive is 90 calories and 10 ml is a tiny amount , id often add 15 ml as a dressing to any food

Then there are avocados 20 grams of fat per hit that's near 180 cal of fat

Really really really no need to eat shit for enough fat , eggs have 7 g and a super food is oily fish , see mackerel and salmon both 20 plus percent protein and almost the same in fat

Dairy, could be most cheeses and skyr Yogurt, I'd recommend moderation with most cheese due to saturated , and salt content , but a little cheese is good for flavour punctuation just as continental meats , chorizo for example

100 grams of nuts is near 700 calories alone, 10 ml of any oil , for example olive is 90 calories and 10 ml is a tiny amount , id often add 15 ml as a dressing to any food

Really really really no need to eat shit for enough fat , eggs have 7 g and a super food is oily fish , see mackerel and salmon both 20 plus percent protein and almost the same in fat

"

Eggs, Salmon, Almonds, sardines and you may not agree with this but heavy cream is helping me a lot hot drink wise... tried a coconut latte with sugar free vanilla from Starbucks the other day and it nearly made me throw up!!

My body is well fat adapted now so don’t really get any cravings anymore and usually have a couple of fast days per week... 90% dark chocolate comes in handy if I ever feel meself straying back to the dark side lol

ashby de la zouch

Eggs, Salmon, Almonds, sardines and you may not agree with this but heavy cream is helping me a lot hot drink wise... tried a coconut latte with sugar free vanilla from Starbucks the other day and it nearly made me throw up!!

My body is well fat adapted now so don’t really get any cravings anymore and usually have a couple of fast days per week... 90% dark chocolate comes in handy if I ever feel meself straying back to the dark side lol"

Well for a tasty hot drink personally I have milk warm and froth er and I use almond milk less than 2 percent carb and then brew chi tea xxx

How many calories are you aiming for seems your having too many ?

100 grams of heavy cream as you call it is 50 grams fat all saturated that's near 500 calories right there

I'd recommend only a third of your daily fat comes from animal sources ?

For 2000 calories a day you would only need 200 grams of fat and that's not reducing by your protein calories

Your protein alone at approximately 120 grams will give you 500 calories and that's a minimum I'd suggest

Seems to me you need to supplement with nuts , seeds and avocados x

By *ucky1Man  over a year ago

a straightjacket

Never knew Keto created a diet, I always thought his only task was to surprise attack Inspector Clouseau

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you do intermittent fasting also OP? I used to follow a ketogenic diet when I used to run, I found doing intermitting fasting for 48 hrs a week was hugely beneficial?

My body is well fat adapted now so don’t really get any cravings anymore and usually have a couple of fast days per week... 90% dark chocolate comes in handy if I ever feel meself straying back to the dark side lol

Well for a tasty hot drink personally I have milk warm and froth er and I use almond milk less than 2 percent carb and then brew chi tea xxx

100 grams of heavy cream as you call it is 50 grams fat all saturated that's near 500 calories right there

For 2000 calories a day you would only need 200 grams of fat and that's not reducing by your protein calories

Your protein alone at approximately 120 grams will give you 500 calories and that's a minimum I'd suggest

Seems to me you need to supplement with nuts , seeds and avocados x "

Atm I’m struggling to hit 1600 calories a day... 20g of net carbs altho this is usually less

Having nowhere near that much heavy cream tbh, just a splash maybe twice a day, losing body fat hand over fist atm but really struggling with not having the same meals constantly

My fat intake is currently around 160g per day so perhaps I could up this with seeds and nuts?

"Do you do intermittent fasting also OP? I used to follow a ketogenic diet when I used to run, I found doing intermitting fasting for 48 hrs a week was hugely beneficial?"

Yeah I’m intermittent fasting, probably about the same 48hrs... it’s strange but I feel so much better after a fast day?!... often find myself skipping meals in between aswell tho?... rightly or wrongly but doesn’t seem to be doing any harm

Currently sitting at a really high mmol/l range... maybe over 6... altho I realise that doesn’t provide any extra benefit

By *rysandMadsCouple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

"Dust ?"

Dust anyone? Bit of dust?

ashby de la zouch

Atm I’m struggling to hit 1600 calories a day... 20g of net carbs altho this is usually less

Having nowhere near that much heavy cream tbh, just a splash maybe twice a day, losing body fat hand over fist atm but really struggling with not having the same meals constantly

My fat intake is currently around 160g per day so perhaps I could up this with seeds and nuts?"

Ok so maybe ,

110. 160 25

1000 640 100. 1740 calories

Breakfast 150 grams salmon 2 eggs 42 35 0

Lunch 200 grams chicken with stir fry 20 45 10

Evening mince beef hot pot add oil to make up calories

50 40 15

That's without nuts or cream or cheese or the magical avocados x

"Dust ?

Dust anyone? Bit of dust?"

“Come again?... something to do with Curry”...

I have to say that the keto diet is awesome for losing weight - I lost 3 stone a few years back.

But I couldn't sustain it and out it all back on plus an extra stone

A carb free life for me is pure misery!

I'd rather be fat.

My fat intake is currently around 160g per day so perhaps I could up this with seeds and nuts?

Ok so maybe ,

110. 160 25

50 40 15

"

Although I know macro counting is essential when seriously training, as I did when I used to run. You can still follow a Keto lifestyle without counting macros.

"I have to say that the keto diet is awesome for losing weight - I lost 3 stone a few years back.

I'd rather be fat.

"

I honestly feel amazing and not missing the carbs at all (although didn’t have a massive sweet tooth to start with which helps I guess?)... understand it won’t be for everyone tho and those first two weeks are a bitch right?

For me it wasn’t so much losing body fat as just general health... I agree that if I ever began to feel miserable or if it affected my life in other ways I’d need to have a serious rethink... life’s too short lol

I did the keto back diet, 28 days of bacon for every meal.. just bacon.

•Body fat dropped from 11% to 9%

•Strength smashed all my pbs at the gym on every session

•blood pressure dropped

•bags more energy

•increased muscle mass

I’m watching my macro’s pretty closely but not training for anything in particular... I’ve not felt as physically fit or as mentally aware as I have whilst following Keto... like flipping a switch... just need to keep it interesting?!...

An Aussie that doesn’t drink is a bit of a new one tho? lol... altho I did have a rum and last weekend... pushed the boat out

"I have to say that the keto diet is awesome for losing weight - I lost 3 stone a few years back.

I'd rather be fat.

I honestly feel amazing and not missing the carbs at all (although didn’t have a massive sweet tooth to start with which helps I guess?)... understand it won’t be for everyone tho and those first two weeks are a bitch right?

For me it wasn’t so much losing body fat as just general health... I agree that if I ever began to feel miserable or if it affected my life in other ways I’d need to have a serious rethink... life’s too short lol"

Ketogenic lifestyle isn’t a totally carb free diet though!

I'd rather be fat.

For me it wasn’t so much losing body fat as just general health... I agree that if I ever began to feel miserable or if it affected my life in other ways I’d need to have a serious rethink... life’s too short lol

Ketogenic lifestyle isn’t a totally carb free diet though! "

Initially it is but keto is completely different in the longivity terms, carb free is unrealistic and unhealthy

"I did the keto back diet, 28 days of bacon for every meal.. just bacon.

•blood pressure dropped

•bags more energy

•increased muscle mass

"

That’s pretty awesome!... couldn’t do the bacon thing every day mind but 100% agree about the energy!... also find myself waking up like an hour earlier than normal... and going to the toilet wayyyy less lol

I'd rather be fat.

Ketogenic lifestyle isn’t a totally carb free diet though! "

No I’m still taking in 20g net... I’m yet to find any food completely void of carbs lol

"I did the keto back diet, 28 days of bacon for every meal.. just bacon.

•blood pressure dropped

•bags more energy

•increased muscle mass

That’s pretty awesome!... couldn’t do the bacon thing every day mind but 100% agree about the energy!... also find myself waking up like an hour earlier than normal... and going to the toilet wayyyy less lol"

It was hard very very hard. Would i do it again? No.

Water intake increased massively as bacons salty so i was peeing like a race horse.

Im back on a 'eat what i want' diest and feel good. Energy has depleted a tad but i do think a varied diest is much healthier.

I'd rather be fat.

"

How many calories and how many carbs were you having? I did 3 weeks on 20g carbs, lost 6lb the first week then lost nothing at all the last 2 weeks so I gave up.

I'd rather be fat.

No I’m still taking in 20g net... I’m yet to find any food completely void of carbs lol"

It can be very confusing , that’s what a ketogenic lifestyle is good as it introduces good carbs with low GIs. Even tomato’s and cucumber have carbs. I try to also combine sugar free. Sugar is the worst for withdrawal

I'd rather be fat.

No I’m still taking in 20g net... I’m yet to find any food completely void of carbs lol

It can be very confusing , that’s what a ketogenic lifestyle is good as it introduces good carbs with low GIs. Even tomato’s and cucumber have carbs. I try to also combine sugar free. Sugar is the worst for withdrawal "

Sugar is pound for pound more addictive than cocaine they reckon?!...

It’s actually baked beans I miss more than anything?... also didn’t realise canned tomatoes were so carb heavy?... once I find some decent condiments i’ll be set

I tried it a few years ago. Not to lose weight just to try something different, see if it had any bebefits for me.

My maintenance is around 4000 calories. 4 weeks I lasted as the amount of fat and protein required for that intake didn't agree with me.

I'd rather be fat.

It can be very confusing , that’s what a ketogenic lifestyle is good as it introduces good carbs with low GIs. Even tomato’s and cucumber have carbs. I try to also combine sugar free. Sugar is the worst for withdrawal

It’s actually baked beans I miss more than anything?... also didn’t realise canned tomatoes were so carb heavy?... once I find some decent condiments i’ll be set "

I found that herbs and spices are your friend. I used to carry a bottle of cayenne pepper in my bag!

ashby de la zouch

Ok so maybe ,

110. 160 25

50 40 15

Although I know macro counting is essential when seriously training, as I did when I used to run. You can still follow a Keto lifestyle without counting macros. "

Erm no you can't xxx

To stay under 50 grams of carbs and remain healthy with a variety of foods. The macros are important . Just playing safe and eating fatty salty meat is not a good idea

Making sure you eat enough nutrient rich low carb veg is vital as is eating enough protein

Ok so maybe ,

110. 160 25

50 40 15

Although I know macro counting is essential when seriously training, as I did when I used to run. You can still follow a Keto lifestyle without counting macros.

Erm no you can't xxx

To stay under 50 grams of carbs and remain healthy with a variety of foods. The macros are important . Just playing safe and eating fatty salty meat is not a good idea

Making sure you eat enough nutrient rich low carb veg is vital as is eating enough protein "

Errr yes you can!! You don’t have to be a strict carb counter ! Yes you do need to have an understanding of food nutritiounts and their effects but your talking nonsense saying you need to count your macros. (Loosely you need to for a basic understanding) but not for the average joe

ashby de la zouch

I'd rather be fat.

It’s actually baked beans I miss more than anything?... also didn’t realise canned tomatoes were so carb heavy?... once I find some decent condiments i’ll be set "

Hmmm

Tomatoes are not carb heavy ! 3 percent for fresh thus a kilo for 30 grams !

Onions are double !

It is wise to aim for 50 grams

Unless you are a competitive body builder looking to shred at the end

So many go from the sublime to the ridiculous

Ie coco pops biscuits bread and high refined diet

To less than 25 grams of any carb , but rarely the inbetween

What is often neglected is the benefit of fiber

Human refined carbohydrates are evil for the human body , indeed producing a drug effect

However reducing carbs cutting human processed sugars increasing good fats and fiber containing fruits vegetables and legumes

And increasing protein will achieve the same well being

I pop in and out of extra low carb , to become fat adapted for endurance sports and sometimes to cut to silly low body fat levels

I'm not convinced super low permanent keto is the best strategy for long term health and wellbeing

I'd suggest it is an advanced technique for specific goals that should be very very carefully undertaken with reasonable nutritional and body understanding xxx

ashby de la zouch

Ok so maybe ,

110. 160 25

50 40 15

Erm no you can't xxx

Making sure you eat enough nutrient rich low carb veg is vital as is eating enough protein

Errr yes you can!! You don’t have to be a strict carb counter ! Yes you do need to have an understanding of food nutritiounts and their effects but your talking nonsense saying you need to count your macros. (Loosely you need to for a basic understanding) but not for the average joe "

Think I clearly illustrated why and the reasons valid

30 grams too much fat or to little is 300 calories 10 days wrong is a pound of fat , 30 grams cannot be determined by average jo

Joe also has little concept of how things add up during the day

You can't guess what macros are in food and totally avoid good foods because you have guessed wrong

And if you know the macros then erm you are counting them by default

And your disagreement argument gave no justification for its assertion I'm wrong x

Ok so maybe ,

110. 160 25

50 40 15

Erm no you can't xxx

Errr yes you can!! You don’t have to be a strict carb counter ! Yes you do need to have an understanding of food nutritiounts and their effects but your talking nonsense saying you need to count your macros. (Loosely you need to for a basic understanding) but not for the average joe

30 grams too much fat or to little is 300 calories 10 days wrong is a pound of fat , 30 grams cannot be determined by average jo

You can't guess what macros are in food and totally avoid good foods because you have guessed wrong

And your disagreement argument gave no justification for its assertion I'm wrong x"

You count your macros avidly! As I used to. But that’s not to say you “have to” to follow a certain diet

ashby de la zouch

Ok so maybe ,

110. 160 25

50 40 15

Erm no you can't xxx

And your disagreement argument gave no justification for its assertion I'm wrong x

You count your macros avidly! As I used to. But that’s not to say you “have to” to follow a certain diet "

Lol actually I don't , as I don't need to but you are right I know how to and the nutritional content of most food by memory x

However if I'm 8 percent body fat and want to go low , yes I count by the gram

To begin with everyone who wants to go keto or improve their macro balance which is what I advocate , firstly needs to begin reading and counting

Of course then experience kicks in and for Jo average rule of thumb is perfectly ok once they understand more about the composition of the foods they purchase cook and consume

Ok so maybe ,

110. 160 25

50 40 15

Erm no you can't xxx

You count your macros avidly! As I used to. But that’s not to say you “have to” to follow a certain diet

Lol actually I don't , as I don't need to but you are right I know how to and the nutritional content of most food by memory x

However if I'm 8 percent body fat and want to go low , yes I count by the gram

To begin with everyone who wants to go keto or improve their macro balance which is what I advocate , firstly needs to begin reading and counting

Of course then experience kicks in and for Jo average rule of thumb is perfectly ok once they understand more about the composition of the foods they purchase cook and consume

"

That’s what I was trying to say.

ashby de la zouch

Ok so maybe ,

110. 160 25

50 40 15

Erm no you can't xxx

You count your macros avidly! As I used to. But that’s not to say you “have to” to follow a certain diet "

My more precise approach was for our friend above who suggested he was struggling at only 1600 calories

He seems like a friendly jo average

Just adding 50 mls of oil could have been his solution

480 calories

But that needs a little precision

And what if his lack of calories was lack of carb and protein ? He is far too low on carb , the blunt tool of

Just avoid ANYTHING with carbs is diabolical advice but

Jo average is so scared of going over that they always go under its normal human psychology

Jo really struggles to judge macros and calories accurately enough to ever achieve their goals they are always not losing their weight , not putting on muscle , putting on muscle and fat , losing lots and feeling like hell

The forums are full of jo and Joe telling us how they are misjudging their nutrition

I'd rather be fat.

For me it wasn’t so much losing body fat as just general health... I agree that if I ever began to feel miserable or if it affected my life in other ways I’d need to have a serious rethink... life’s too short lol"

Are you doing it to lose weight?

Ok guys I was only after a few recipe/ingredient ideas... no need for any fall outs

Cheers for all the advice btw... gonna experiment with a few more seeds, nuts and oils

"Ok guys I was only after a few recipe/ingredient ideas... no need for any fall outs

Cheers for all the advice btw... gonna experiment with a few more seeds, nuts and oils "

Good on your for sticking it out I lasted a few days! I found it very difficult! (Mrs) xxx

ashby de la zouch

"Ok guys I was only after a few recipe/ingredient ideas... no need for any fall outs

Cheers for all the advice btw... gonna experiment with a few more seeds, nuts and oils "

I make a lot of protein bars with nut almond butter

Easy to macro count per portion, high-energy density

Add sunflower and pumpkin seed flour for added nutrition x

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Any one fancy a bacon bap

Cheers for all the advice btw... gonna experiment with a few more seeds, nuts and oils

Add sunflower and pumpkin seed flour for added nutrition x"

Not everyone is like yourself, good on you but your macros and GIs are a bit whooo there. Your talking way ott on seed contents

"Any one fancy a bacon bap "

Red sauce? Damn too much sugar

ashby de la zouch

Add sunflower and pumpkin seed flour for added nutrition x

Not everyone is like yourself, good on you but your macros and GIs are a bit whooo there. Your talking way ott on seed contents "

Go on explain why suggesting he adds vital vitamins and minerals along with extra texture to his protein bars after he asked for ideas and variety is ott , I did not even give a recipe or quantities lol

X

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

Are bunfights keto?

ashby de la zouch

"Any one fancy a bacon bap

Red sauce? Damn too much sugar "

No it isn't !

It weighs less than 5 grams and the sugar content is about 3

Allowing himself 30 grams 3 is perfectly acceptable

And combining with the fat and protein will lower the gi and the insulin response !

ashby de la zouch

"Are bunfights keto? "

I sport a man bun sometimes xxx

No it isn't !

And combining with the fat and protein will lower the gi and the insulin response !

"

Bull shit!! The total crap. If your low GI it’s bad

ashby de la zouch

No it isn't !

Bull shit!! The total crap. If your low GI it’s bad"

Oh dear

Think you need to research deeper x

And yes it's perfectly good science that fat slows down the time it takes to digest carbohydrates , thus slower release into blood stream thus lower insulin response

The gi is a measure of the speed at which a carbohydrate enters the blood stream and the gl glycemic. Load. The effect it has on insulin ,

Fiber, and fat both effect the time for carb digestion and lower the insulin response !

Ironically eating too much fast digest protein for example. Whey actually increase. Insulin and can take a person out of keto

However a brief jump out of keto is not a big deal anyway that's mainly propaganda

But let's be clear

A drop of Tommy k if you're low carb will not affect you ! And eating fat with said Tommy k does reduce the insulin response

Tsk

No it isn't !

Bull shit!! The total crap. If your low GI it’s bad

Oh dear

Think you need to research deeper x

And yes it's perfectly good science that fat slows down the time it takes to digest carbohydrates , thus slower release into blood stream thus lower insulin response

The gi is a measure of the speed at which a carbohydrate enters the blood stream and the gl glycemic. Load. The effect it has on insulin ,

Fiber, and fat both effect the time for carb digestion and lower the insulin response !

Ironically eating too much fast digest protein for example. Whey actually increase. Insulin and can take a person out of keto

However a brief jump out of keto is not a big deal anyway that's mainly propaganda

But let's be clear

A drop of Tommy k if you're low carb will not affect you ! And eating fat with said Tommy k does reduce the insulin response

Tsk "

I know all this !! Obviously a bit won’t hurt. But your blinding people with your science and macros. It won’t effect you either will a few chips? Yes it will if your body’s in a ketogenic state, your blood sugar will rise resulting in you going into a non ketogenic metabolism

"Dust ?"

Don't be silly, way to many carbs

» Add a new message to this topic