FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Thursday is Rant Day

Thursday is Rant Day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkSwing OP   Couple  over a year ago

Preston

Hello fabbers. It's that day again.

Roll up and rant. Stroll in and rant. It's up to you.

I am in a very good mood - not good enough to approve a rant based on preferences though

Who let the rants out? Well that would be you lot

Open fire

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Better late than never

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I keep seeing Swing's buttocks.

Preston

"I keep seeing Swing's buttocks."

Thank you for looking

No rants yet....but if they don't fix my boiler after two weeks hot heating or hot water then ....I'll be ranting ( wish me and them lick )

By *horecruxCouple  over a year ago

SE4

"No rants yet....but if they don't fix my boiler after two weeks hot heating or hot water then ....I'll be ranting ( wish me and them lick ) "

Ooo a lick for a boiler fix

By *andsome_Chef88Man  over a year ago

London/Milton Keynes

Ffs I’ve just realised I’ve lost one of my ear studs grrr

"No rants yet....but if they don't fix my boiler after two weeks hot heating or hot water then ....I'll be ranting ( wish me and them lick )

Ooo a lick for a boiler fix "

grr luck not lick..

Will be no licking going on believe me

I'm tired.

I didn’t get the job I applied for internally, I am still smarting about it. Realised yesterday that due to my normal pension scheme closing soon, that’s cost me about £2k a year in extra pension I would have got.

They didn’t tell everyone who had got the job, they’ve all found out from the others job being advertised last night, internally. So even the team losing someone, only found out that way. Yep, great communication. I think that’s a worthy rant.

Preston

"Ffs I’ve just realised I’ve lost one of my ear studs grrr"

Hard times

Approved

Preston

"I'm tired. "

Manchester soon though

Approved

Preston

"I didn’t get the job I applied for internally, I am still smarting about it. Realised yesterday that due to my normal pension scheme closing soon, that’s cost me about £2k a year in extra pension I would have got.

They didn’t tell everyone who had got the job, they’ve all found out from the others job being advertised last night, internally. So even the team losing someone, only found out that way. Yep, great communication. I think that’s a worthy rant. "

Oh hell yes!

Having been on the end of internal role shenanigans myself, I know how frustrating it is

Approved

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"No rants yet....but if they don't fix my boiler after two weeks hotel heating or hot water then ....I'll be ranting ( wish me and them lick )

Ooo a lick for a boiler fix grr luck not lick..

Will be no licking going on believe me "

I'll give you a lick

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

After lasts weeks Rant I should probably keep schtumm.

Ahhhhh fuck it, let her rip tater chip.....

Non ranters.

I don't mind people who say "no rants from me", that's kinda funny.

But when someone posts a proper rant, it shouldn't put other people off posting theirs.

I'm sure when the OP(s) first started Thursday Rant Day it was always intended to be a bit rant, and a bit light hearted.

Daft things that grind your gears, trivial stuff that's really not worth breaking a sweat over and brings a smile to the face, interspersed with the occasional real rant.

So, in the spirit of the OP(s) original intent, rant.

That's about it today.

And hi-5 the OP(s) for this great idea!!!!!!

"No rants yet....but if they don't fix my boiler after two weeks hotel heating or hot water then ....I'll be ranting ( wish me and them lick )

Ooo a lick for a boiler fix grr luck not lick..

Will be no licking going on believe me I'll give you a lick"

I know

"I keep seeing Swing's buttocks.

Thank you for looking "

You're welcome.

By *isa 59Woman  over a year ago

Newcastle

I've been looking forward to today for months. Got my sis coming down from Newcastle for an afternoons shopping, food and cocktails, followed by an evening with Kylie at the Arena.

Woke up yesterday feeling dizzy and today's no better...feel like I'm walking on a bed of marshmallows!

We'll still do Kylie but think the rest will have to go on the back-burner

OP - please would you accept my rant?

(I know the mood is quite tame but my head isn't up to a shouty rant today.)

After cutting my in-laws off they are still causing me and my husband grief.

Ive had four miscarriages and struggling to get pregnant (which his family knew) and a few months ago his brother (who he also cut off) sent a message saying ‘you’re going to be an uncle, I think it’s about time you get a grip and be happy for us’. So we chose to ignore the message. I’ve had friends showing me screenshots of mine and my husband being named and slagged off on social media, which has also been ignored.

But this morning my husband bumped into his parents at the local GP. He has been dreading a moment where he bumps into them, especially on his own. And what did they do? Go on and on about how awful we are for not responding to the ‘very happy news’. They’ll ‘finally be grandparents’ ‘no thanks to [you]’ and we are being immature by not getting over the constant abuse for six years, the police being at our door multiple time for (proven) false accusations, for telling other family that I’ve never had miscarriages and I’m just attention seeking, and we should be happy for them, want to be in their lives and apologise.

Why does a baby change anything? Every time I’ve been pregnant it didn’t change a thing for them.

So now I’m upset, sad, heartbroken, anxious, and ugh

Sorry - that was a long and personal rant.

I’m also grumpy because I’ve been to see yet another physiotherapist and he can’t see anything wrong with me, so yet again is referring me to my GP. I’m just getting bounced back and forth.

In a town Fab forgot

"After cutting my in-laws off they are still causing me and my husband grief.

Ive had four miscarriages and struggling to get pregnant (which his family knew) and a few months ago his brother (who he also cut off) sent a message saying ‘you’re going to be an uncle, I think it’s about time you get a grip and be happy for us’. So we chose to ignore the message. I’ve had friends showing me screenshots of mine and my husband being named and slagged off on social media, which has also been ignored.

But this morning my husband bumped into his parents at the local GP. He has been dreading a moment where he bumps into them, especially on his own. And what did they do? Go on and on about how awful we are for not responding to the ‘very happy news’. They’ll ‘finally be grandparents’ ‘no thanks to [you]’ and we are being immature by not getting over the constant abuse for six years, the police being at our door multiple time for (proven) false accusations, for telling other family that I’ve never had miscarriages and I’m just attention seeking, and we should be happy for them, want to be in their lives and apologise.

Why does a baby change anything? Every time I’ve been pregnant it didn’t change a thing for them.

I’m also grumpy because I’ve been to see yet another physiotherapist and he can’t see anything wrong with me, so yet again is referring me to my GP. I’m just getting bounced back and forth. "

Sometimes people are just cunts.

Sometimes we're related to the fuckers.

Hugs.

I fecking hate pre meet nerves the excitement is great but the nerves really get me

I’m also grumpy because I’ve been to see yet another physiotherapist and he can’t see anything wrong with me, so yet again is referring me to my GP. I’m just getting bounced back and forth.

Hugs."

I’m 21 and for six years I tried so hard and it was never enough. His brother (who is my age) has done awful awful things to me, all of which his family know and they blame me for. They treat my husband awful - on our wedding day (feb 2017) they were just awful and I decided then that I couldn’t do it anymore.

It wasn’t until I had surgery for my miscarriage a month and a half later, then they all slagged me off ok Facebook (naming me, calling me attention seeker, I’m clearly not in hospital, the scans were fake, I was never pregnant..) that my husband cut them off. And they still maintain that we’re awful people

Ugh. Sorry that’s so personal but I needed a rant

That awful queen

How can someone do things like that to people who they supposedly care for xxxx

Big hugs your way

By *untime5Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Vodafone... aaaargh. Can’t call out on my phone and they give me a helpline number to ring

By *rysandMadsCouple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

Queen Leviosa, I was in a smilarish position a few years ago. TTC with 3 m/c for 8 years when my sister in law text my husband to announce she was preg after 2 weeks of trying. I was gutted. I am so sorry. Sending you loads of luck!

By *rsSBWoman  over a year ago

toy town

Nope

By *iffaWoman  over a year ago

wherever

Are you ever in such and such a place like no I don’t live there, why the fuck would I be there

In a town Fab forgot

Hugs.

I’m 21 and for six years I tried so hard and it was never enough. His brother (who is my age) has done awful awful things to me, all of which his family know and they blame me for. They treat my husband awful - on our wedding day (feb 2017) they were just awful and I decided then that I couldn’t do it anymore.

It wasn’t until I had surgery for my miscarriage a month and a half later, then they all slagged me off ok Facebook (naming me, calling me attention seeker, I’m clearly not in hospital, the scans were fake, I was never pregnant..) that my husband cut them off. And they still maintain that we’re awful people

Ugh. Sorry that’s so personal but I needed a rant "

It's rant day. Let her rip tater chip.

Hugs.

Ugh. Sorry that’s so personal but I needed a rant "

Any chance you can move away and not tell them where you've gone?

Smile and ignore them. They clearly have issues. x

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

People being sneaky sly, and for some reason I cannot fathom, trying to upset the apple cart. A case of one upmanship if you will, at least that how it seems from here.

Anything you can do I can do better syndrome.

Hugs.

Ugh. Sorry that’s so personal but I needed a rant

Any chance you can move away and not tell them where you've gone?

Smile and ignore them. They clearly have issues. x"

It’s so so tempting. But my family (tragically) live three doors away from them. And I adore how close we live to my family, I have a younger brother and two really young sisters - I’d hate not being able to see them every week but it’s getting more tempting...x

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Idiot drivers.

On motorway today, speed restrictions, then lane closed signs overhead followed by 'accident ahead, stay in lane' at next gantry.

Twunts who think it acceptable to fly down said closed lane at 70mph, while everyone else crawls along at 30mph.

Then cause another accident by barging into spaces between cars & not being able to brake quick enough.

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

"People being sneaky sly, and for some reason I cannot fathom, trying to upset the apple cart. A case of one upmanship if you will, at least that how it seems from here.

"

APPROVED

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

"Idiot drivers.

On motorway today, speed restrictions, then lane closed signs overhead followed by 'accident ahead, stay in lane' at next gantry.

Twunts who think it acceptable to fly down said closed lane at 70mph, while everyone else crawls along at 30mph.

Then cause another accident by barging into spaces between cars & not being able to brake quick enough.

"

Fecking twunts. APPROVED

In a town Fab forgot

People who don't appreciate the wit of my status updates.

Wankers.

Preston

Apologies, I've been otherwise engaged

Where were we?

Preston

"After lasts weeks Rant I should probably keep schtumm.

Ahhhhh fuck it, let her rip tater chip.....

Non ranters.

I don't mind people who say "no rants from me", that's kinda funny.

But when someone posts a proper rant, it shouldn't put other people off posting theirs.

I'm sure when the OP(s) first started Thursday Rant Day it was always intended to be a bit rant, and a bit light hearted.

Daft things that grind your gears, trivial stuff that's really not worth breaking a sweat over and brings a smile to the face, interspersed with the occasional real rant.

So, in the spirit of the OP(s) original intent, rant.

That's about it today.

And hi-5 the OP(s) for this great idea!!!!!!"

Hi 5 back

Preston

"I've been looking forward to today for months. Got my sis coming down from Newcastle for an afternoons shopping, food and cocktails, followed by an evening with Kylie at the Arena.

Woke up yesterday feeling dizzy and today's no better...feel like I'm walking on a bed of marshmallows!

We'll still do Kylie but think the rest will have to go on the back-burner

OP - please would you accept my rant?

(I know the mood is quite tame but my head isn't up to a shouty rant today.) "

Plans being scuppered through no fault of your own isn't good

Hope you feel better soon

Approved

If I let you through, say thank you with a wave. Ffs.

Preston

I’m also grumpy because I’ve been to see yet another physiotherapist and he can’t see anything wrong with me, so yet again is referring me to my GP. I’m just getting bounced back and forth. "

Good lord - family can be such a bunch of knobs

No way I can't approve that

Approved

Preston

"I fecking hate pre meet nerves the excitement is great but the nerves really get me "

If you didn't have them, would the excitement be the same?

Nerves are natural but maybe try some mindfulness when it gets stressful

Approved

Preston

"Vodafone... aaaargh. Can’t call out on my phone and they give me a helpline number to ring "

Hmm that seems a little counter intuitive

Approved

My rabbit just ran out of charge... can’t find the charger anywhere... what’s a girl to do?!

Preston

"People being sneaky sly, and for some reason I cannot fathom, trying to upset the apple cart. A case of one upmanship if you will, at least that how it seems from here.

"

Find it in all walks of life and those doing the upsetting are usually covering something themselves and trying to distract from their issues.

Approved

Preston

"Idiot drivers.

"

Hate it when they do that.

Complete knobs

Approved

Preston

"People who don't appreciate the wit of my status updates.

Wankers. "

They need a sense of humour

Approved

Preston

"My rabbit just ran out of charge... can’t find the charger anywhere... what’s a girl to do?! "

Uh oh - back to a manual process

Approved

» Add a new message to this topic