By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Shop around!! Had mine too today, £400, but got it down to 260 with O2

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Got mine down from nearly 600 to 290

By *rysandMadsCouple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

Crazy isn't It! The industry has honest people over a barrel.

I'm with Tesco, the renewal arrived in July and had reduced by 40 quid, have you had a claim ??

By *osheaMan  over a year ago

manchester

They nearly alway go up.

Apologise if I'm telling you what you already know, but

Include your partner as a named driver (I saved my wife over £100 because I don't have any points).

I was told by someone in the industry if you search for insurance renewal a month or so before the renewal date it can be cheaper. Their thinking (and probable have data to back it up) is its an indication that you are organised and less of a risk

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Like anything it always pays to shop around and with so many comparison websites out there these days it's not difficult - I change almost every year as it's usually cheaper to move - only times I've stayed with the same provider has been when I've phoned them to decline the renewal based on price and they can suddenly match what you've been quoted elsewhere!!

Had similar with car breakdown cover earlier this week - the renewal price had gone up about 50% on the previous year - shopping around I got the same service for cheaper than last year's price!!

Go on a price comparison site. Definitely shop around. I change companies most years. Do check out excesses though and look at reviews, the cheapest may not be the best, so check what you receive in the event of a claim i. e do you get a replacement car whilst yours is fixed.

By *olfAndKittenCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

1) as said shop around

2) insurance is worked out by post code... Areas with higher crime rates make for higher premiums, most major cities are currently having crime waves aimed at motorbikes, but they also target cars.

3) the car itself. Some are easier to steal than others.

4) driving history and qualifications.. For example, my licence has several profression qualifications on it and due to work i have a high driving qualification. These can make it cheaper.

There are other variables which get taken into account when they look at renewals... A day or so before ring them with their online quote if its cheaper, tell them other quotes you have been given and see if they will match it, if not go somewhere else

Go to a broker, cherished vehicles are good. Much cheaper than price comparison sites. And speak to a human not a computer

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

This just prompted me to look on comparison sites as my renewal is due very soon.

Last year I had driven for six month on L plates and then passed my test and drove the rest of the year solo. The only insurer who would accept any no claims was my current insurer. All the others treated me like a brand new driver despite having had the car insured for a year with no claims.

I’m really happy to see that the quotes I’ve been given today have come back significantly cheaper. It’s half of what I’m currently paying and £1000 cheaper than the next cheapest quote I got last year

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

Don't accept their renewal offer... go on the comparison sites and see what better deals there are. .. then ring up your Insurer and say "Thanks but no thanks" and them listen to them number crunching as they try to match your best offer. .. I did in August and made them sweat to keep my custom

By *andyMinx_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

Don't forget Insurance Premium Tax is now 12%. That's not something any broker can help you with

It's because we have to pay for all the fuckwits who drive with no insurance or tax

[Removed by poster at 03/10/18 14:47:59]

Got my car insurance for 285 ponds

Im 34 & insure a bentley continental gtc for £116 per year through cherished vehicles broker, the closest i could get online on money supermarket was £262 per year

» Add a new message to this topic