FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > profiles, messages,

profiles, messages,

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *good-being-bad OP   Man  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

It's often suggested folk send well crafted individual messages take or make great effort with their profiles.. I suggest folk inform and hopefully entice the reader with the pictures and words.

Are Their contents pretty much wasted effort if the person reading doesn't find you attractive.?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's often suggested folk send well crafted individual messages take or make great effort with their profiles.. I suggest folk inform and hopefully entice the reader with the pictures and words.

Are Their contents pretty much wasted effort if the person reading doesn't find you attractive.?"

In a way yeah. I do appreciate a good message though, if I can tell they’ve put the effort in I’ll thank them for their message and explain I’m not interested

By *arah_kieran_ukCouple  over a year ago

Greater London

For us it’s more about the message than the profile (although if there is no picture at all it puts us off). If we get a message that says “Hey how are you?” We just see it as no effort has been put in. At least a message with more in it and open questions makes you think there is genuine interest.

xx

"It's often suggested folk send well crafted individual messages take or make great effort with their profiles.. I suggest folk inform and hopefully entice the reader with the pictures and words.

Are Their contents pretty much wasted effort if the person reading doesn't find you attractive.?

In a way yeah. I do appreciate a good message though, if I can tell they’ve put the effort in I’ll thank them for their message and explain I’m not interested "

No thanks or a no response, same result. No interest.

I'm considering changing my advice to those folk requesting profile advice or messages

I will read and reply to a good message even if I don’t fancy them. It’s the cock pic with a message that just says Hi that goes on the bin.

"For us it’s more about the message than the profile (although if there is no picture at all it puts us off). If we get a message that says “Hey how are you?” We just see it as no effort has been put in. At least a message with more in it and open questions makes you think there is genuine interest.

xx"

If you got a message that ticked those boxes from someone you didn't find attractive would you meet them ?

In a way yeah. I do appreciate a good message though, if I can tell they’ve put the effort in I’ll thank them for their message and explain I’m not interested "

Thats how this should be mutual respect

In a way yeah. I do appreciate a good message though, if I can tell they’ve put the effort in I’ll thank them for their message and explain I’m not interested

No thanks or a no response, same result. No interest.

I'm considering changing my advice to those folk requesting profile advice or messages "

Can’t help it if you aren’t interested. And yes, it’s the same outcome (no chatting, meeting, fucking etc) but at least you know your message has been appreciated. I know I prefer it when I’ve made an effort to message someone

It is a wasted effort and it isn’t.

Because you have no idea who is going to be attracted to you and who isn’t so by sending messages to several women you are bound to get some who aren’t interested and won’t reply.

I think that’s to be expected.

Also, when guys say to me “I crafted my message to suit you perfectly and put a lot of effort into it” it does make me laugh a bit. It takes minutes to send a nice message, and not that much effort.

If you’re doing it to dozens and dozens of women, then yeah it’s going to feel like an effort.

"I will read and reply to a good message even if I don’t fancy them. It’s the cock pic with a message that just says Hi that goes on the bin. "

Hope the ankles ease ouch. Still you have your legs elevated

"It is a wasted effort and it isn’t.

Because you have no idea who is going to be attracted to you and who isn’t so by sending messages to several women you are bound to get some who aren’t interested and won’t reply.

Also, when guys say to me “I crafted my message to suit you perfectly and put a lot of effort into it” it does make me laugh a bit. It takes minutes to send a nice message, and not that much effort.

If you’re doing it to dozens and dozens of women, then yeah it’s going to feel like an effort. "

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

In fairness a lad could burst his arse off with detail in messages on here and still get nowhere. The site is all about luck as long as your not offensive to somebody

"For us it’s more about the message than the profile (although if there is no picture at all it puts us off). If we get a message that says “Hey how are you?” We just see it as no effort has been put in. At least a message with more in it and open questions makes you think there is genuine interest.

xx"

How are to start a message or good morning etc doesn't mean no effort just politeness. It does have to be followed up with some substance that demonstrates they have read your profile not just looked at photos.

I have to say some of us are shy and not as confident or articulate as others I had a huge written profile when I started but read it through and hated it it was like a travelling salesman selling me yes I know what I want but sometimes it’s very hard to put that across without looking smutty so now I’m not looking for meets as a single I leave it short and sweet if anyone wants to meet me they can message on my couples profile and chat to both of us

"In fairness a lad could burst his arse off with detail in messages on here and still get nowhere. The site is all about luck as long as your not offensive to somebody "

It’s not luck either

If you’re doing it to dozens and dozens of women, then yeah it’s going to feel like an effort. "

I agree its worth the small amount of effort it takes to read a profile and compose a message

xx

If you got a message that ticked those boxes from someone you didn't find attractive would you meet them ?"

Why would you ? I'd always reply with a thanks but no thank you.

So you get a message with little more than "hello I'm ..... I saw your profile and thought I'd say hello" or similar brief message from someone who makes you tingle from headp to toe .. would you delete or converse.

By *arah_kieran_ukCouple  over a year ago

Greater London

xx

If you got a message that ticked those boxes from someone you didn't find attractive would you meet them ?"

If we didn’t find them attractive then probably not but we would message back and chat xx

"I will read and reply to a good message even if I don’t fancy them. It’s the cock pic with a message that just says Hi that goes on the bin.

Hope the ankles ease ouch. Still you have your legs elevated "

They are still swollen lol

xx

If you got a message that ticked those boxes from someone you didn't find attractive would you meet them ?

Why would you ? I'd always reply with a thanks but no thank you. "

I agree, I don't meet folk I'm not attracted to.. so in affect the words are wasted ?

By *astings SocialWoman  over a year ago

Hastings

It's why I enjoy socials, you can meet lots of people in person and see who catches your eye or feel the spark with.

I've met and played with people I probably wouldn't have if they had messaged on here because their personality is the most important factor.

xx

Why would you ? I'd always reply with a thanks but no thank you. "

I agree, it’s waste of your time and theirs. It’s never going to be anything more than a social meet. Having said that I’ve met people at socials via fab that I don’t fancy but we’ve become really good friends.

If you’re doing it to dozens and dozens of women, then yeah it’s going to feel like an effort.

So you get a message with little more than "hello I'm ..... I saw your profile and thought I'd say hello" or similar brief message from someone who makes you tingle from headp to toe .. would you delete or converse."

If I’m attracted to someone I’ll reply if their message is a good one and it’s interesting.

It doesn’t matter how attractive someone is, for me, If their message has no substance it doesn’t entice me.

It someone messages with more than “Hello” and the message is interesting but I’m not attracted I may send a message back with a “Thanks but no thanks” or I may not. It depends on what has been said and what is in their profile.

What I find interesting in a message is going to be completely different to the next person.

Tipperary

"In fairness a lad could burst his arse off with detail in messages on here and still get nowhere. The site is all about luck as long as your not offensive to somebody

It’s not luck either"

I know that. Some women think they're on a pedestal on fab.

Tipperary

"It's why I enjoy socials, you can meet lots of people in person and see who catches your eye or feel the spark with.

I've met and played with people I probably wouldn't have if they had messaged on here because their personality is the most important factor."

your last paragraph sums it up. The true reflection of somebody is in person

"In fairness a lad could burst his arse off with detail in messages on here and still get nowhere. The site is all about luck as long as your not offensive to somebody

It’s not luck eitherI know that. Some women think they're on a pedestal on fab. "

Do they? Or maybe they just have standards and don’t want to waste their time meeting someone who isn’t what they’re looking for?

And guys see that as “stuck up” or similar.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Ain't gonna lie...I put in a little bit of thought into my profile when I first joined and I was pretty satisfied with it myself and the forum feedback led me to believe that no changes were needed. I would say that I put in effort into almost all of my opening messages. Maybe 8/9 out of 10 with the odd lazy opener if I don't really have much material to respond to, like just a pic on her profile for example. If we are talking the law of averages, I would expect a better return on the effort invested. I am actually going to calculate this now....!

I think 3.5% of my sent messages result in some sort of chat which goes beyond 2 replies which is frankly atrocious and not worth the effort. It is not only the cost of time and effort, but I would say there is an emotional cost. Being judged and disregarded can take its toll. I may send the odd message but I am here for the forums now more than anything else.

It’s not luck eitherI know that. Some women think they're on a pedestal on fab.

Do they? Or maybe they just have standards and don’t want to waste their time meeting someone who isn’t what they’re looking for?

And guys see that as “stuck up” or similar. "

Damn right I’m ona pedestal, I won’t lower my standards jusy to pity fuck someone.

Yes if they’ve put an effort in it’s lovely (and petty rare) and I thank them and appreciate it greatly, but if I’m not attracted to them, I’m not attracted to them.

I’ve had a few absolutely gorgeous men message me with awful messages with no effort which I have just ignored. If you can’t be bothered making an effort in a message, can you really be bothered making an effort to make me cum? (Not always the case of course)

Tipperary

oh some women most certainly are on a pedestal with their "demands" on fab. I have said it before and I'll say it again, an opening mail sent to a man (easy please) an opening mail sent to most women (not easy please). An opening mail doesn't or shouldn't have to be detailed

The ladies are so high up on that pedestal they can't even see you. (Holds up sarcastic card) why can't they meet who they want to and who they fancy. ?

Tipperary

Damn right I’m ona pedestal, I won’t lower my standards jusy to pity fuck someone.

Yes if they’ve put an effort in it’s lovely (and petty rare) and I thank them and appreciate it greatly, but if I’m not attracted to them, I’m not attracted to them.

I’ve had a few absolutely gorgeous men message me with awful messages with no effort which I have just ignored. If you can’t be bothered making an effort in a message, can you really be bothered making an effort to make me cum? (Not always the case of course)"

last sentence, both are nothing In comparison

And guys see that as “stuck up” or similar. oh some women most certainly are on a pedestal with their "demands" on fab. I have said it before and I'll say it again, an opening mail sent to a man (easy please) an opening mail sent to most women (not easy please). An opening mail doesn't or shouldn't have to be detailed "

I wouldn’t call them demands.

I’d say she knows what she wants and doesn’t want to waste someone else’s time or her own by chatting with people she isn’t interested in. Or would some guys rather be lead on and then days down the line told “sorry you’re not what I’m looking for”.

I think being direct about what you want on here is a great idea.

A message doesn’t have to be detailed you’re right. But a “Hi fancy a fuck” isn’t going to get a great response is it. I’d guess those who put a little more into their message are more successful than the “fancy a fuck” and send a cock pic types.

oh some women most certainly are on a pedestal with their "demands" on fab. I have said it before and I'll say it again, an opening mail sent to a man (easy please) an opening mail sent to most women (not easy please). An opening mail doesn't or shouldn't have to be detailed "

I’m not wanting a massive detailed message. Just something with a bit of effort. Yes this isn’t ‘the real world’ and it’s a swingers site but would walk up to someone and make absolutely no effort with them?

I’m not asking for a novel, maybe a line or two introducing yourself. And a face pic because I’m a demanding gal. That’s all

The ladies are so high up on that pedestal they can't even see you. (Holds up sarcastic card) why can't they meet who they want to and who they fancy. ?"

Because let me guess... it’s all about “personality”, you’re supposed to not judge a book by its cover and “give everyone a chance”. If you don’t do that you’re a shallow stuck up bint.

I’m just going by whats been said to me hahaha!

I tend to pay more attention to someone’s profile than their message to be honest. I don’t expect long well written initial messages from anyone, a simple introduction and a face picture will make me look at their profile and that’s where I would usually decide if I’d like to chat further.

The only time I would decide by a first message alone is if it’s crude or one of those ‘first I’ll do this, then I’ll do that’ types that just make my skin crawl.

So yeah OP, I agree it’s probably better to spend time on a good profile than a good message

I’ve had a few absolutely gorgeous men message me with awful messages with no effort which I have just ignored. If you can’t be bothered making an effort in a message, can you really be bothered making an effort to make me cum? (Not always the case of course)

last sentence, both are nothing In comparison "

Okay

I know fine well that the person who messages ‘meet now’ is probably not going to be worth meeting. No effort put in whatsoever

Tipperary

oh some women most certainly are on a pedestal with their "demands" on fab. I have said it before and I'll say it again, an opening mail sent to a man (easy please) an opening mail sent to most women (not easy please). An opening mail doesn't or shouldn't have to be detailed

I’m not wanting a massive detailed message. Just something with a bit of effort. Yes this isn’t ‘the real world’ and it’s a swingers site but would walk up to someone and make absolutely no effort with them?

I’m not asking for a novel, maybe a line or two introducing yourself. And a face pic because I’m a demanding gal. That’s all "

I'd walk up to somebody and ask how are you? Are you having a nice day/weekend. Perfect in my eyes.

So why don’t you give us an idea of what our first message should be like to us non articulate types I would normally compliment their pics and profile then introduce us but I’m not good at writing stuff down so it’s not that I don’t put effort in it’s that I’m worried I might offend and don’t want to push the boundaries in the first message

It depends upon if you are trying to entice more new messages or just wanting to chat to the friends you've already made. Not that many bother with reading the profile anywho

Tipperary

Okay

I know fine well that the person who messages ‘meet now’ is probably not going to be worth meeting. No effort put in whatsoever "

I agree but you will get a vast sum of women on here wouldn't reply to a polite "how's life treating you" opening mail.

"So why don’t you give us an idea of what our first message should be like to us non articulate types I would normally compliment their pics and profile then introduce us but I’m not good at writing stuff down so it’s not that I don’t put effort in it’s that I’m worried I might offend and don’t want to push the boundaries in the first message "

But the message I like to receive, another women might not. You cannot please everyone. There’s no standard message that everyone loves and will respond too

Okay

I know fine well that the person who messages ‘meet now’ is probably not going to be worth meeting. No effort put in whatsoever

I agree but you will get a vast sum of women on here wouldn't reply to a polite "how's life treating you" opening mail. "

If that was the only thing sent then I wouldn’t respond either

Okay

I know fine well that the person who messages ‘meet now’ is probably not going to be worth meeting. No effort put in whatsoever I agree but you will get a vast sum of women on here wouldn't reply to a polite "how's life treating you" opening mail. "

Because they’re not obliged to.

If a mans profile isn’t what I’m looking for I rarely reply. Why? I can’t be arsed with the pestering messages some send after or the abuse some give when you say “thanks but no thanks”.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

At the end of the day, it is a buyer's market. The women are the buyers. They can afford to be picky whether we like it or not. Roll up, roll up....come and get it....nice bit of cock going quick.

Okay

I know fine well that the person who messages ‘meet now’ is probably not going to be worth meeting. No effort put in whatsoever I agree but you will get a vast sum of women on here wouldn't reply to a polite "how's life treating you" opening mail.

Because they’re not obliged to.

If a mans profile isn’t what I’m looking for I rarely reply. Why? I can’t be arsed with the pestering messages some send after or the abuse some give when you say “thanks but no thanks”. "

"So why don’t you give us an idea of what our first message should be like to us non articulate types I would normally compliment their pics and profile then introduce us but I’m not good at writing stuff down so it’s not that I don’t put effort in it’s that I’m worried I might offend and don’t want to push the boundaries in the first message

But the message I like to receive, another women might not. You cannot please everyone. There’s no standard message that everyone loves and will respond too "

And for me I’m not always in this for my own personal pleasure I get my pleasure from giving pleasure to others if they don’t enjoy it I’ve failed but I can’t put that in a message it might offend someone

Tipperary

"At the end of the day, it is a buyer's market. The women are the buyers. They can afford to be picky whether we like it or not. Roll up, roll up....come and get it....nice bit of cock going quick."
absolutely and you have alot of men will jump up on anything just to get off but the biggest thing is numbers. I'm very fussy, if openly looking I'd struggle on fab. If a woman is very fussy, bobs her uncle on fab. It's the way it always will be

» Add a new message to this topic