FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Time wasting

Time wasting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I come on fab, I should be doing work. Whether that's housework, actual work or just doing something productive.

I've often felt guilty when 2 or 3 hours go by and the dishes are still on the side or the pile of washing is still waiting for me by the washer.

Do you find it easy to pull yourself away from Fab and do the things which mean you've had a productive day?

Are we becoming forum zombies with thousands of houses around the UK strewn with unfinished housework and DIY jobs?

Do you find a balance where you get stuff done and only then open the fab tab on your phone?

*I'm off to wash the dishes I've left for 2 hours - Oh the guilt *

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

At the moment I’m off work sick and pretty much bed bound - so I’m on fab a lot. But when I’m up and about, I don’t tend to be on it as much (still daily usually, but nowhere near as often as I’m currently using it).

If something needs done I’m usually quite good at multitasking and I’ll just pop my phone at the side of me, do whatever needs doing, maybe refreshing fab every half an hour or so. I’ll refresh more often if I’m actually chatting with someone or participating on an active forum post.

"At the moment I’m off work sick and pretty much bed bound - so I’m on fab a lot. But when I’m up and about, I don’t tend to be on it as much (still daily usually, but nowhere near as often as I’m currently using it).

If something needs done I’m usually quite good at multitasking and I’ll just pop my phone at the side of me, do whatever needs doing, maybe refreshing fab every half an hour or so. I’ll refresh more often if I’m actually chatting with someone or participating on an active forum post. "

I could learn a lot from you

I work from home so have it signed on in the office most of the day! It does distract me a bit too much though. Every day I think I won’t log on but I always do

"I work from home so have it signed on in the office most of the day! It does distract me a bit too much though. Every day I think I won’t log on but I always do "

Mine is more binge fabbing. I can go the whole day, I'm tempted to peek - usually when I'm putting off doing something - and that's it, 3 hours have passed

ive been putting off cutting the grass and even the cat's started complaining about it.

I waste my time on fab when I have time to waste otherwise I do what needs to be done - prioritise my jobs though

"ive been putting off cutting the grass and even the cat's started complaining about it."

I don't blame you

"I waste my time on fab when I have time to waste otherwise I do what needs to be done - prioritise my jobs though "

So it can be done. I need to do this

"I waste my time on fab when I have time to waste otherwise I do what needs to be done - prioritise my jobs though

So it can be done. I need to do this "

Yes, girl. And we know we can multitask, right?

"I waste my time on fab when I have time to waste otherwise I do what needs to be done - prioritise my jobs though

Yes, girl. And we know we can multitask, right? "

I think mine is just procrastination

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I come on fab, I should be doing work. Whether that's housework, actual work or just doing something productive.

I've often felt guilty when 2 or 3 hours go by and the dishes are still on the side or the pile of washing is still waiting for me by the washer.

Do you find it easy to pull yourself away from Fab and do the things which mean you've had a productive day?

Are we becoming forum zombies with thousands of houses around the UK strewn with unfinished housework and DIY jobs?

Do you find a balance where you get stuff done and only then open the fab tab on your phone?

*I'm off to wash the dishes I've left for 2 hours - Oh the guilt * "

Haha you and me both. I've got insurance to renew and some home banking to sort, but I've been fuck arsing around on here tonight instead.

I'm going to do it all now.

Well in a minute.

Fuck, kiss avoid is calling me...

I think mine is just procrastination "

Haha but how long can you do that for?

This place is a terrible distraction! I log on for a moment to check messages, and hours later I'm still reading the forums, searching who's near, then back to the forums....

By *un4meanduMan  over a year ago

STOTFOLD

Don't get enough time to check messages not that I get many but sometimes get distracted by a thread or a pic but been mad with work for the last couple of months so not had much time to engage fully on here

"This place is a terrible distraction! I log on for a moment to check messages, and hours later I'm still reading the forums, searching who's near, then back to the forums.... "

This is me to a tee

Haha but how long can you do that for? "

I dunno, can I think about that for a while?

I dunno, can I think about that for a while? "

Well once you have thought about it and a bit later decided to do your dishes - you could pop round mine as my dishes need attention, too

"This place is a terrible distraction! I log on for a moment to check messages, and hours later I'm still reading the forums, searching who's near, then back to the forums.... "

same here. moment i get to sit down im reading about life on here.

Well once you have thought about it and a bit later decided to do your dishes - you could pop round mine as my dishes need attention, too "

So I'm not the only one.

Well once you have thought about it and a bit later decided to do your dishes - you could pop round mine as my dishes need attention, too

So I'm not the only one. "

Of course not I'll do mine in the morning as I wake up early anyway haha

So I'm not the only one.

Of course not I'll do mine in the morning as I wake up early anyway haha"

I've guilt tripped myself into doing it now. I'd do it in the morning too but that would mean a half 5 wake up call

I usually just come on when I'm quiet at work or home and a bit bored.

Today I had such plans to be productive but I've literally been on here all day and my house is a mess. I'm not feeling great though, I found it too hard to tear myself out of bed so at least being on here means I didn't just sleep all day.

So I'm not the only one.

Of course not I'll do mine in the morning as I wake up early anyway haha

I've guilt tripped myself into doing it now. I'd do it in the morning too but that would mean a half 5 wake up call "

Proud of you

Someone is very good at procrastination

"Someone is very good at procrastination "

Says the holier than thou person making this comment

I finished the washing up btw

By *exyparadiseWoman  over a year ago

Top secret

Its not what it used to be so im told, hence all my friends have come off it now inc myself having a break i think theres more to life

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"I come on fab, I should be doing work. Whether that's housework, actual work or just doing something productive.

I've recently been spending an inordinate amount of time on fab...much more than I would normally like. There is a certain allure about interacting with like minded people here and chatting on the forums. I suppose the pull is greater if you've built up a circle of friends here as well. The perving is certainly a draw; goodness the horn is present on a daily basis

Nice pics btw op

*I'm off to wash the dishes I've left for 2 hours - Oh the guilt *

I've recently been spending an inordinate amount of time on fab...much more than I would normally like. There is a certain allure about interacting with like minded people here and chatting on the forums. I suppose the pull is greater if you've built up a circle of friends here as well. The perving is certainly a draw; goodness the horn is present on a daily basis

Nice pics btw op "

Thank you

Yeah building friendships plus the daily pull of nosiness on my part is definitely not helping. I'm naturally curious and the forums make interesting, sometimes amusing reading. It's hard to stay away for too long

"Its not what it used to be so im told, hence all my friends have come off it now inc myself having a break i think theres more to life "
hope you come back soon

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’ve just come back after about 2 or 3 months. It’s no big deal.

I use Fab when resting, in between housework, and child minding.

I pop on and off throughout the day.

"I’ve just come back after about 2 or 3 months. It’s no big deal. "

Welcome back!! I came back after over a year*, nothing changes does it!

I never go on the forums, or start threads, heaven forbid. You ain’t seen me ...............right !

"I never go on the forums, or start threads, heaven forbid. You ain’t seen me ...............right ! "

It's not addictive... Not at all. I can give it up any time I like. Honest!

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Me? Distracted by Fab? Nah!!

By *qua vitaeWoman  over a year ago

Shropshire/Midlands

I don’t feel guilty at all spending a lot of time on the fab forum lately. Recently, I’ve been off my feet with a fracture and soon with abdominal surgery. So I’ve let partner do the donkey work!

"ive been putting off cutting the grass and even the cat's started complaining about it.

I don't blame you "

His cat does.

"I use Fab when resting, in between housework, and child minding.

I pop on and off throughout the day. "

I find it hard to pop in and out. Mine tends to last hours

"Me? Distracted by Fab? Nah!!"

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"I work from home so have it signed on in the office most of the day! It does distract me a bit too much though. Every day I think I won’t log on but I always do "

Exactly this with me. I must be more disciplined.

» Add a new message to this topic