FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > blood pressure

blood pressure

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *good-being-bad OP   Man  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I've been getting some headaches recently when I've tried exercising, managed to get to see my gp (that's a tough ask) and he's checked a few bits my blood pressure is 154/96... higher than he and I would like.

Suggestions for lowering said pressure?

Ladies I'm thinking a relaxing massage would work.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Reduce salt. Possibly lose weight (I’ve not looked at pics so don't know if overweight or not). Try and relax!! Easier said than done!

You might need medication, it’s nothing to fear just hopefully a daily pill, worth it to protect your health! Good luck!

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

What did the gp sat to lower it ???? They should have told you. ... but plenty of Info online. as above said too...eat more fruit n veg avoid salt where possible. Exercise more .. try to reduce stress ... Good luck ..k

Smoking and alcohol intake also affects BP x

By *he SurveyorMan  over a year ago

Bury

I wouldn’t worry to much about 1 high BP reading.

The stress of the doctors alone could do that.

Get yourself a home BP monitor, you can get good ones that upload readings to your phone.

Monitor it over a month or so, morning and evening and look for patterns.

Avoid BP medication if you can, use other methods.

Don't worry about it. I'm assuming they have asked you back for regular checks. I tried going things suggested to lower mine but it was still high so I had to go on medication. 1 tablet a day isn't a hardship if it can help prevent something serious happening.

I blame stress on mine but not much I can do about that.

I should have asked if reading the fab forums could cause it note to Darryl don't look at the ladies pictures while in the waiting room definitely raises blood pressure .

Weight 11 St 2 height 1.77. I still wear 30" waist trousers . He's suggested not exercising as that brings on the headaches. Salt very little fruit and veg pretty good might not make 5 away but plenty .. stress could be ..I've lots going on like lots of others

Home monitor gonna order ..

No chance of a massage then

"I should have asked if reading the fab forums could cause it note to Darryl don't look at the ladies pictures while in the waiting room definitely raises blood pressure .

Weight 11 St 2 height 1.77. I still wear 30" waist trousers . He's suggested not exercising as that brings on the headaches. Salt very little fruit and veg pretty good might not make 5 away but plenty .. stress could be ..I've lots going on like lots of others

No chance of a massage then "

Don't smoke and drink socially, only if I go out then it's a couple.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Did he not prescribe medication for your LBP?

"I wouldn’t worry to much about 1 high BP reading.

The stress of the doctors alone could do that.

Get yourself a home BP monitor, you can get good ones that upload readings to your phone.

Monitor it over a month or so, morning and evening and look for patterns.

Avoid BP medication if you can, use other methods.

"

Agree here... hubby’s sky rockets at the surgery. It’s situational anxiety for him so try getting a home test for a more accurate reading (average of three).

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I remember your previous post, glad you saw the Dr.

Did he measure your hydration levels?

Dehydration will cause high blood pressure.

I've had clients referred to me, been on BP meds for years, when scanned all severely dehydrated, admit to drinking less than ½L of clear fluid a day.

Majority are now off or on massively lower doses just from increasing fluid intake

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Drink less coffee and more water

Beetroot is great

By *ot-AshMan  over a year ago

London

Nurse at my GP surgery normally dose

3 Blood pressure tests in a row then

will use best reading to inform doctor.

Mine was 174 at worst but now at 137!

"I remember your previous post, glad you saw the Dr.

Did he measure your hydration levels?

Dehydration will cause high blood pressure.

I've had clients referred to me, been on BP meds for years, when scanned all severely dehydrated, admit to drinking less than ½L of clear fluid a day.

Majority are now off or on massively lower doses just from increasing fluid intake "

No bloods taken ..he asked about fluid intake ..I drink lots during the day(probably too much tea or coffee) my wee wee is clear.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"I should have asked if reading the fab forums could cause it note to Darryl don't look at the ladies pictures while in the waiting room definitely raises blood pressure .

You're too small for your blood. Try getting really fat so that there's more room for it. thank me later.

Mines high too so you massage me then I'll do you

"What did the gp sat to lower it ???? They should have told you. ... but plenty of Info online. as above said too...eat more fruit n veg avoid salt where possible. Exercise more .. try to reduce stress ... Good luck ..k "

Buy yourself a home tester, mine goes through the roof in any medical building and is fine outside it

Other than that I wouldn't mess about with any home remedies, if you're overweight a lot lose some and otherwise get medicated. Also request a 24 hour test.

"What did the gp sat to lower it ???? They should have told you. ... but plenty of Info online. as above said too...eat more fruit n veg avoid salt where possible. Exercise more .. try to reduce stress ... Good luck ..k

Buy yourself a home tester, mine goes through the roof in any medical building and is fine outside it

Other than that I wouldn't mess about with any home remedies, if you're overweight a lot lose some and otherwise get medicated. Also request a 24 hour test. "

Home tester ordered .. should be here Thursday. Hopefully no need for meds

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I had three high readings at the GP. Then I was given a hone monitoring kit to take readings over a few days and then returned it to surgery.

After looking at my average readings, then doc decided to put me on low dose medication.

Your GP should do the monitoring for you.

never use one of the monitor things as you'll be constantly checking it and worrying.

reduce salt that's correct, only 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day, reduce stress levels.

if something is getting to much, stop. deep cleansing breath and take a short walk from it.

start slowly with any changes and go from there.

good luck

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

“White coat” anxiety is a common issue with blood pressure , the 3 readings thing is a regular method used. Home meter is also a very good idea.

Breathing exercises can lower it and beetroot juice works, but be prepared for red urine. You can buy bottled beetroot drinks , but I find the taste overpowering

Drink plenty of water as I'm constantly told by my doctor

My blood pressure is now controlled by meds but it was extremely high before I started taking them

» Add a new message to this topic