FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Amazing amazing week 16.5

Amazing amazing week 16.5

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sooo today was the big meeting with consultant it’s been 16 weeks and 4 days lol

Had X-ray and then wartime’s to see the big man ( last X-ray showed fractures still present)

Well today yippee bone has fully healed and dr has no concerns about strength of area, I can fully weight bear on right leg and as far as he concerned I can throw away crutch and walk without aids.

Went Tesco uses crutch all while with mum an dad mithering how I’m using crutch and not listening to dr cos physio said to use till see him next week to build strength.

Soon as I got home dad stole my crutch and made me walk round my kitchen an living room so I can get balance

I’m off work till November but as far as dr concerned I could go back tomorrow

This is exciting and friggin scary and frightening haha so looks like am coming to the end.....

Oooooh an all along I’ve asked can I run again in future and he said noooooo today CIA X-ray and cos he said I have strong bones he said in a 6mnth to a year I could be running gently and working for a 10k race by late next year

Again it’s exciting and I need build confidence but am also scared about falling, pain, swelling, and I duno load other thoughts but I am happy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yay!! That’s great news.

"Yay!! That’s great news. "

Yeah it is thank you

Thanks for the msgs and stuff means loads

Now the fear subsided and shock everything ok I feel great and giddy I will eventually be able to run in a year wooooo

Still excited and happy after yesterday

Had a bit of a panick cos worry about going back work but excited to move on

Hehe I can’t pm everyone back but thank you

I’ve enjoyed and thanked the people of the forum for their support

Been for first walk before without crutches and hmmm I waddle and stuff kinda like a penguin ?? but managed 1mile which was goood by end was feeling more confident in my knee..

Problem when home an took pills realised I forgot lunch ones so now am drugged up as wondered why my legs were giving me so much pain all afternoon lol silly me

Again thank you for the help and love even through dark bits especially when good it’s all been appreciated

"Hehe I can’t pm everyone back but thank you

I’ve enjoyed and thanked the people of the forum for their support

Been for first walk before without crutches and hmmm I waddle and stuff kinda like a penguin ?? but managed 1mile which was goood by end was feeling more confident in my knee..

Problem when home an took pills realised I forgot lunch ones so now am drugged up as wondered why my legs were giving me so much pain all afternoon lol silly me

Again thank you for the help and love even through dark bits especially when good it’s all been appreciated "

That’s great to hear

Sounds like great progress my friend, walking without crutches is a huge step!

I bet it will be a little painful at first but you’re definitely getting there and hopefully soon you’ll be skipping down the street!

Keep at it, and keep us informed! Good work!

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

Good news, and the very best of luck with it all!

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Fantastic news! Wooohoooo

"Sounds like great progress my friend, walking without crutches is a huge step!

I bet it will be a little painful at first but you’re definitely getting there and hopefully soon you’ll be skipping down the street!

Keep at it, and keep us informed! Good work! "

Yeah it’s amazing I only went to one officially last week and this week consultant said well bone healed throw crutch away as will hinder as just need to gain confidence.

Took pick of final X-ray as didn’t think of doin it before and wow it’s awesome screws go straight through bone to other side and look nasty lol

Thanks again everyone these posts have helped keep me sane as I’ve not told ppl I know on Facebook as I didn’t wana be as open as I have been plus when I posted stuff at start my work were a bit funny at me esp as even when hard and bad times I write positive spin on fb as didn’t want family seein struggle etc or my emotional rollercoaster with me breaking

So thanks for reading and letting me do this

» Add a new message to this topic