FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why am I even here ?

Why am I even here ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, not your standard single male 'nobody wants me' whinge

I am more than capable of holding my own and getting out there and having great meets

Thing is, if truth be known, I have absolutely zero intention of meeting anyone other than maybe socially

The idea of meeting people for sex is nice but, when it comes to it, the reality is I just can't be arsed

It is, quite simply, too much hassle for the thrill of an afternoon or an evening with someone

I never message anyone, though I might fab the odd pic

When a message comes through, I simply read & delete

In fact, I don't communicate with anyone save for a few posts on these here forums

Am I experiencing what others mean when they save 'I've lost my mojo' ?

I also wonder, if they were honest, how many other members (male, female and couples) are in the same boat

How many of the 30,000+ people who are on here daily are actually here looking to hook up rather than just passing a mundane couple of hours ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Is it because you can write "cunt" here?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe you’re just jaded with it all and need a break?

That may help! Or not!

"Is it because you can write "cunt" here?"

I would never be so crude

I’m the exact same at the moment.

Even before I got ill, I really couldn’t be bothered meeting. I have plenty of spare time, just couldn’t be arsed. I’m not missing that side of fab at all at the moment. I only message people from the forums as well.

"Is it because you can write "cunt" here?"

Can you really cunt cunt cunt oh so you can but you can’t write ch*ke even though a lot of women love it

"Is it because you can write "cunt" here?

Can you really cunt cunt cunt oh so you can but you can’t write ch*ke even though a lot of women love it "

A lot of women love cunt too

CUNT, sorry had to try it

"Is it because you can write "cunt" here?

Can you really cunt cunt cunt oh so you can but you can’t write ch*ke even though a lot of women love it

A lot of women love cunt too"

That they do my wife being 1 of them

I’m only here to look at the pretty picture and the not so pretty ones

I can’t be arsed to meet

Nope, I'm the same, not meeting anyone except for friends I've already met.

And even then its only for a social

By *azkinsWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I'm the same atm have been for a while.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"So, not your standard single male 'nobody wants me' whinge

I am more than capable of holding my own and getting out there and having great meets

Thing is, if truth be known, I have absolutely zero intention of meeting anyone other than maybe socially

The idea of meeting people for sex is nice but, when it comes to it, the reality is I just can't be arsed

It is, quite simply, too much hassle for the thrill of an afternoon or an evening with someone

In fact, I don't communicate with anyone save for a few posts on these here forums

I also wonder, if they were honest, how many other members (male, female and couples) are in the same boat

How many of the 30,000+ people who are on here daily are actually here looking to hook up rather than just passing a mundane couple of hours ?"

company? X

How many of the 30,000+ people who are on here daily are actually here looking to hook up rather than just passing a mundane couple of hours ?"

30,000 really I'm sceptical about that and I to rarely send introductory messages but how can one tire of sex it's pretty difficult I think unless you've been getting too much of it and hit the overload button, the same of which applies to anything you get too much of

There is a sweet spot between being an eager beaver who imagines honey is going to drip off the trees here and into his pants and the resulting utter disenchantment of a bitter eeyore who has completely given up on the site.

It's when you just come here as a person, happy to connect with other people with absolutely no agenda, and just assume nothing will ever come of it but count your blessings when they do. Perhaps this describes you

Have you made this clear in your profile for the benefit of others who are looking to meet?

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Well it sounds like this is a simple values exercise, what coming on here takes from you v what you get out of it.

So what do you get out of this site and is it worth it compared to how else you could spend your free time?

"There is a sweet spot between being an eager beaver who imagines honey is going to drip off the trees here and into his pants and the resulting utter disenchantment of a bitter eeyore who has completely given up on the site.

It's when you just come here as a person, happy to connect with other people with absolutely no agenda, and just assume nothing will ever come of it but count your blessings when they do. Perhaps this describes you "

I can associate with the second paragraph, but not so much the first

I am firm believer in making your own 'luck', so not getting meets would be down to me and how I approached the site & it's members rather than any failure on their parts

Tbh i dont message anyone now apart from the select one, i reply to all that are sent to me, i cant stand ignorance.

Because it beats watching Jeremy Kyle.

"Tbh i dont message anyone now apart from the select one, i reply to all that are sent to me, i cant stand ignorance."

Does that mean you weren't selective when you first joined?

"

Have you made this clear in your profile for the benefit of others who are looking to meet?"

I have now

Thank you for the nudge

"Because it beats watching Jeremy Kyle. "

To be fair, smashing a brick into your own face beats watching Jeremy Kyle

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I'm here for meets....

But I don't think it's compulsory.

I’m here cos I just might meet somebody ...... here’s hoping

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

When we decided back in May that we fancied a break from meeting , we thought it would be like every other break we’ve had and may last a few weeks or a month or so . So here we are over four months later , and we are no nearer to wanting to meet anyone .

The temptation isn’t there , and we can’t help but feel that our journey may be reaching its end . For some months before we actually stopped meeting we felt somewhat bored and disillusioned with the whole casual sex thing . And we always championed it before now !

By *electableDalliancesCouple  over a year ago

leeds

I'm wanting to meet, but it's just the finding the right person is the issue.

I'm not here to meet anyone for sex, I'm just here for the forums. My interest is in the real world.

If nothing comes of that then I'll have to use this place to find a guy to blow the cobwebs off.

Exactly the same

"When we decided back in May that we fancied a break from meeting , we thought it would be like every other break we’ve had and may last a few weeks or a month or so . So here we are over four months later , and we are no nearer to wanting to meet anyone .

The temptation isn’t there , and we can’t help but feel that our journey may be reaching its end . For some months before we actually stopped meeting we felt somewhat bored and disillusioned with the whole casual sex thing . And we always championed it before now ! "

maybe as I said earlier you reached the meet overload point, too much of a good thing and all that

"Because it beats watching Jeremy Kyle.

To be fair, smashing a brick into your own face beats watching Jeremy Kyle"

Mr B!!!!!

salisbury

See, we've had 2 years off, but i think it's time to dust off the lucky pants.....

There does seem to be a general air of ennui in the forums with lots of regular contributors saying they are not meeting. I come across a lot of hidden profiles.

Perhaps being jaded is contagious?

I think after a time some people can get jaded with the whole scene. It loses its excitement and lustre. I think for me it was the separation of my emotional self from my physical self, that finally got to me. There was only so long I could box off my feelings before they emerged and wanted to be integrated. I kept them at bay for many years but I feel better not separating them off at the expense of the occasional buzz of a hot meet. I get tempted every now and then but the urge subsides. Perhaps it’s my age, perhaps it’s because I’m much more content with my life, perhaps perhaps perhaps

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yeah I'm waiting for a more permanent mate!

salisbury

"There does seem to be a general air of ennui in the forums with lots of regular contributors saying they are not meeting. I come across a lot of hidden profiles.

Perhaps being jaded is contagious?"

That's true, most forum regulars seem to distance themselves from the traditional swinging scene. I'm not sure i could do it as a single.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"There does seem to be a general air of ennui in the forums with lots of regular contributors saying they are not meeting. I come across a lot of hidden profiles.

That's true, most forum regulars seem to distance themselves from the traditional swinging scene. I'm not sure i could do it as a single. "

I know I couldn’t , and as grateful as we are to all the single guys and women we’ve met and had fun with , I would see it as pointless if I was meeting couples for nsa sex .

Mr B!!!!!

"

Second only to smashing a brick into Jeremy Kyle's face

Mr B!!!!!

Second only to smashing a brick into Jeremy Kyle's face "

Fair point

That's true, most forum regulars seem to distance themselves from the traditional swinging scene. I'm not sure i could do it as a single.

I know I couldn’t , and as grateful as we are to all the single guys and women we’ve met and had fun with , I would see it as pointless if I was meeting couples for nsa sex ."

Finally! Some recognition on the forum that swinging as a single is different to swinging as a couple. Thank you!

salisbury

I know I couldn’t , and as grateful as we are to all the single guys and women we’ve met and had fun with , I would see it as pointless if I was meeting couples for nsa sex .

Finally! Some recognition on the forum that swinging as a single is different to swinging as a couple. Thank you!"

Well of course it is! There's bound to be some emotional issues. Unless someone is vehemently single!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I've gone off meeting new people. I have a massive issue with safety at the moment.

As a single it's always risky meeting a man on your own be it in a hotel or at his. Yes, you take the necessary precautions but at the end of the day there are some very strange people about. I don't know if I can get over that.

"I've gone off meeting new people. I have a massive issue with safety at the moment.

As a single it's always risky meeting a man on your own be it in a hotel or at his. Yes, you take the necessary precautions but at the end of the day there are some very strange people about. I don't know if I can get over that."

Not even a social?

Perhaps being jaded is contagious?"

The forum is the place that swingers come to die.

Finally! Some recognition on the forum that swinging as a single is different to swinging as a couple. Thank you!

Well of course it is! There's bound to be some emotional issues. Unless someone is vehemently single! "

Me. I can disconnect my emotions and still have strong mental bond with men I have sex with.

I think I might be a man.

salisbury

Well of course it is! There's bound to be some emotional issues. Unless someone is vehemently single!

Me. I can disconnect my emotions and still have strong mental bond with men I have sex with.

I think I might be a man. "

I like the way you think...

Northampton Somewhere

"I've gone off meeting new people. I have a massive issue with safety at the moment.

As a single it's always risky meeting a man on your own be it in a hotel or at his. Yes, you take the necessary precautions but at the end of the day there are some very strange people about. I don't know if I can get over that.

Not even a social? "

Sorry, I meant for sex

The forum is the place that swingers come to die."

They should have that as the tagline.

By *rsSBWoman  over a year ago

toy town

It's better than facebook

"It's better than facebook "

So is stepping barefoot in dogshit tho

I'm on here to kill boredom.. Sometimes by having sex, too

By *ocker6104Man  over a year ago

Lincoln

I asked why there's ignorance regarding messages and got slated for it. Simple "no thanks" takes 10 seconds.

To be honest it does get boring, im not that fussed anymore really. Been there done it etc. It does seem to be way to much hassle. I do enjoy looking at the pics and kinda entertaining that people struggle on here. Lol

That's true, most forum regulars seem to distance themselves from the traditional swinging scene. I'm not sure i could do it as a single. "

It's totally different as a single. I much preferred it with a partner to share the fun with.

That's the open aspect of fab no one is here just for sex for some it's the forums, others the chat, others to pass the time of day, others as a fantasy, other murders and time wasters. Others like us for real meets with real people that the fun as well as the frustration. Happy fabbing. Xx

In my humble opinion the scene changed when people started making it into a business.....

When I started 10 years ago... people just wanted to have fun and expenses that went along with having fun was just a after thought...

Now for a single man to meet anyone it’s become a financial endeavor...

I’m not talking about meeting for a drink. That’s standard practice in the swinging and real world....

I’m talking about the strictly meeting at clubs , paid gangbang , you must bring a gift for my wife brigade....

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I would love to meet, I've had some stress in my life over the last 15 months that hasn't made it a priority but I have still been looking, I just haven't found anyone I am sexually attracted to, not sure how to change that fact though

"Tbh i dont message anyone now apart from the select one, i reply to all that are sent to me, i cant stand ignorance.

Does that mean you weren't selective when you first joined?"

No i just messaged pretty much anyone i was a eager beever like most other blokes on here. Im very selective now.

I am here if it helps lol

"I am here if it helps lol "

glad you are lol

Hi

No your not alone.

Ive had many offers and only accepted once.

I like to have a conection with someone so its easier to say what we both want to do to each other rather than just meet for sex!

Dont get me wrong ive missed the boat several times and i could kick myself for it.

Some will only try for so long.

Im happy to come into the forums to pass some time.

So no your not alone

"I would love to meet, I've had some stress in my life over the last 15 months that hasn't made it a priority but I have still been looking, I just haven't found anyone I am sexually attracted to, not sure how to change that fact though "

Buy a mask so you cant see there faces when on the job

As a single it's always risky meeting a man on your own be it in a hotel or at his. Yes, you take the necessary precautions but at the end of the day there are some very strange people about. I don't know if I can get over that."

Im with you on safety aspects. Safety in numbers.

Im trying to meet ladies to meet people together.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I ask myself that question often.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

I've gone from uploading pics every other day and joining every 'fab a pic' thread to now, just posting sparingly. I do log in daily however

Good question.

Speak to a holy person, or a theology student, I'm sure some one will have an answer.

NEXT

You think you're a pair of curtains? For God's sake pull your self together man!

NEXT!

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I've gone from uploading pics every other day and joining every 'fab a pic' thread to now, just posting sparingly. I do log in daily however"
nice eyes x

Northampton Somewhere

Im with you on safety aspects. Safety in numbers.

Im trying to meet ladies to meet people together. "

I like your thinking!

I am new and often think about how daunting it could be for a woman meeting someone for the first time..as much as it feels nerve racking for me too as it’s all new to me too

I’m contemplating my reasoning for being here ........ at a cross roads

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I'm not fussed either, what will be will be. There are loads of ladies I would love to meet, but I know the game and how it works.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Rebrand yerself a Bus Wanker again

I'm here because I heard there was cake.

Still waiting for it to be delivered though.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I find it's peaks and troughs OP - sometimes for me it's all about chatting to people with a view to meeting, and other times I get that sense of ennui that Tigerlily referred to and just hang about the forums spouting gibberish - yet lately I've found myself posting less and less.

Then something will happen that will spark me re-energised into thinking about meeting more seriously.

I think generally I just tootle along with no expectations of anything really and every now and again those expectations will be surpassed and all's well with the world for a while.

"Rebrand yerself a Bus Wanker again "

That didn't go well

What other people get up to on the 192 I'd sooner not know about

By *hamboy69Man  over a year ago

huddersfield

"I find it's peaks and troughs OP - sometimes for me it's all about chatting to people with a view to meeting, and other times I get that sense of ennui that Tigerlily referred to and just hang about the forums spouting gibberish - yet lately I've found myself posting less and less.

Then something will happen that will spark me re-energised into thinking about meeting more seriously.

I think generally I just tootle along with no expectations of anything really and every now and again those expectations will be surpassed and all's well with the world for a while."

I’m with that exactly however I usually find that if I just meander on nothing happens which usually suits me at the time.Sometimes I need a spark to ignite it all and then the ball starts rolling and it’s really fun,the art is then knowing when to step back and savour the memories

"I find it's peaks and troughs OP - sometimes for me it's all about chatting to people with a view to meeting, and other times I get that sense of ennui that Tigerlily referred to and just hang about the forums spouting gibberish - yet lately I've found myself posting less and less.

I think generally I just tootle along with no expectations of anything really and every now and again those expectations will be surpassed and all's well with the world for a while.

I’m with that exactly however I usually find that if I just meander on nothing happens which usually suits me at the time.Sometimes I need a spark to ignite it all and then the ball starts rolling and it’s really fun,the art is then knowing when to step back and savour the memories "

Before you get jaded. Sounds like wise words.

Does the bountiful amount of material and potential make the idea of meeting up for sex seems mundane?

» Add a new message to this topic