FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Formula 1: Russia

Formula 1: Russia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are you also going to watch it today? It starts 1.10pm. I am and bootas have pole position, my favourite driver is kimi, who is yours?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Ricciardo, but since Verstappen stood up to Vettel the other week. He's going up in my rankings.

"Hey, that's racing"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

12:10 race starts in the UK.

Hamilton for the win everytime

Kimi for his interview techniques

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Bottas is mine !!

"Are you also going to watch it today? It starts 1.10pm. I am and bootas have pole position, my favourite driver is kimi, who is yours? "

The guy Putin “wants” to win

Vettel for the win (fingers crossed)

Alonso favourite driver

I do love this track, very fluid. Just wish Ferrari would sort themselves out

D.

Kimi for attitude, hows the season looking? Havent followed it this year

"Are you also going to watch it today? It starts 1.10pm. I am and bootas have pole position, my favourite driver is kimi, who is yours?

The guy Putin “wants” to win "

Yed he does. I also like how putin joins the winners and have a talk to the public, he did it last year

I want nigel mansell to win.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I always want vettel to win, was a fan of his way before he made it to f1

Bottas for the win fingers crossed!

Spa my fave track of all tho

"I always want vettel to win, was a fan of his way before he made it to f1"

well I’m a Ferrari fan so I became more of a fan when he made the switch.

Let’s us two keep our fingers crossed he needs a bit of luck

"I always want vettel to win, was a fan of his way before he made it to f1

Let’s us two keep our fingers crossed he needs a bit of luck "

He doesn't need luck, he needs to step up his game. Vettel and Ferrari are just being outclassed this season

Let’s us two keep our fingers crossed he needs a bit of luck

He doesn't need luck, he needs to step up his game. Vettel and Ferrari are just being outclassed this season"

I agree, if the team do well Vettel slips and if he does well the team slip, The Germans have been spot on and Lewis is on fire

So even if they both step up their game a little bit of luck would still be needed

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Let’s us two keep our fingers crossed he needs a bit of luck "

Seeing a good race between Hamilton and Bottas would be good. It would be annoying if they just deliberately switch them . I want Hamilton to win though

I’m going for a Hamilton win.

Hamilton to win

Really do like Kimi’s attitude.

I’d like to see Bottas win and hope Merc don’t swap them to get Hamilton in front, or doctor the strategy to get him in front. That said, Bottas has to nail the start and get through Turn 1 in the lead.

It started and they are on lap 14 and kimi is leading

Good race so far!

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Oh I just woke up, it's already started?

Hamilton for me, but Bottas is my 3rd fave so hoping for him.

A Kimi win would be amazing and I just hope McLaren's drivers can get some points...

Think I want me to win, but as I am not in the race one of the others can have it.

Nice to see force India coming up to the top 6 a bit more, new blood is always good.

Plymouth

Team orders at Mercedes, Bottas lets Hamilton through!

Disappointing but understandable.

Give him it back Lewis. We know you are capable from Hungary last year.

Plymouth

Meanwhile, Hamilton reports engine problems, there are hesitations and the throttle isn't responding immediately.

Sounds like my car...

Max definitely driver of the day

If Max can continue to slow the Merc’s down Vettel night get the luck he needs

Max 100% driver of the day, but disappointed that they did just allow Bottas and Hamilton to race or at least switch them back at the end.

By *irty_dee-jayMan  over a year ago

Maidstone

As much as I'm a Lewis supporter I'm gutted Bottas didn't get what he deserved.

Definitely Lewis's title to lose now

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I really wish someone would kick that pedestal out from under Lewis Hamilton’s feet ...... HARD!

"I really wish someone would kick that pedestal out from under Lewis Hamilton’s feet ...... HARD!"

You could see he wasn’t overly happy about the win. Not Hamilton’s fault, it was team orders.

"I really wish someone would kick that pedestal out from under Lewis Hamilton’s feet ...... HARD!"

I agree

D.

Why? Because he is a winner? Why is it whenever a British competitor does well someone wants to knock them down?

The guy is the fastest driver in the not the best car. His record does not need excusing as he has earned every single point and title. He only lost to Rosberg because of German internal politics. He is making Vettel (who really does have an attitude problem) look 2nd rate in a faster car.

And so he had team orders in his favour today and gained an extra 5 points. But Bottas is a distant 3rd behind Vettel so its a no-brainer at this point in the Championship. They all know the score before they start and in F1 there will over the course of a Championship be a No 1 and a No 2. Ferrari have that stated in contracts before they even race. Ask Massa and Irvine

Hamilton is top class, a great representative for F1 and the UK. Started from a Council House racing karts and became a World Champion 4 times. A bloody legend.

I could o along with that as long as it hit Vettel in the face #Team Lewis all the way

By *heik yourwillyMan  over a year ago

shire

bottas wont be allowed to win

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

LALALALA- not reading this, watching it later.

Got BTTC recording as we speak and watching DTM live- a racetastic quiet Sunday (apart from the engine growl )

"I really wish someone would kick that pedestal out from under Lewis Hamilton’s feet ...... HARD!

Why? Because he is a winner? Why is it whenever a British competitor does well someone wants to knock them down?

The guy is the fastest driver in the not the best car. His record does not need excusing as he has earned every single point and title. He only lost to Rosberg because of German internal politics. He is making Vettel (who really does have an attitude problem) look 2nd rate in a faster car.

And so he had team orders in his favour today and gained an extra 5 points. But Bottas is a distant 3rd behind Vettel so its a no-brainer at this point in the Championship. They all know the score before they start and in F1 there will over the course of a Championship be a No 1 and a No 2. Ferrari have that stated in contracts before they even race. Ask Massa and Irvine

Hamilton is top class, a great representative for F1 and the UK. Started from a Council House racing karts and became a World Champion 4 times. A bloody legend."

The reason why for me is simple. He doesn’t drive for Ferrari

"I really wish someone would kick that pedestal out from under Lewis Hamilton’s feet ...... HARD!

Hamilton is top class, a great representative for F1 and the UK. Started from a Council House racing karts and became a World Champion 4 times. A bloody legend.

The reason why for me is simple. He doesn’t drive for Ferrari "

Best reason I've heard, most just say they don't like him or he's arrogant when they like another just as arrogant driver

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Hamilton is top class, a great representative for F1 and the UK. Started from a Council House racing karts and became a World Champion 4 times. A bloody legend."

I agree with you, top class driver and clearly very talented....... unfortunately with a self righteous chip on his shoulder who thinks he Mr IT! Who the hell else wears a Diamond stud under their helmet .....

I’m not a Hamilton fan! I do feel for bottas, but team orders have been around since Noah was a lad ......

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

[Removed by poster at 30/09/18 15:54:12]

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I believe you won't get very far in motorsports without some kind of selfish and a winning attitude. Who was the last nine F1 champion??

I have the upmost respect for him.

By *ash13Man  over a year ago

Wirral

Not a bad gp after last year's bore fest. If you want pure raw racing watch the Speedway gp on BT sport next sat evening. Brit Tai Woffinden has a shot at being triple WC and there are no team orders, rich daddies or diamond studded helmets!

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

I agree with you, top class driver and clearly very talented....... unfortunately with a self righteous chip on his shoulder who thinks he Mr IT! Who the hell else wears a Diamond stud under their helmet ..... "

Those that can afford it?

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I agree with you, top class driver and clearly very talented....... unfortunately with a self righteous chip on his shoulder who thinks he Mr IT! Who the hell else wears a Diamond stud under their helmet .....

Those that can afford it?"

Indeed

It was a good race, kimi should of won it, but hamilton did.

1. Hamilton

2. Bottas

3. Vettel

Wasn't the best race. Sochi never is.

Huge shout out to Max though. What a drive from him.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"It was a good race, kimi should of won it, but hamilton did.

1. Hamilton

2. Bottas

3. Vettel

"

GET IN!!!!

Happy Hamilton won. Ryder Cup took over our home for the weekend, happy to know the result.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Hamilton wasn't at all happy about the team orders. I believe that he'd have passed Botas anyway if they'd left them alone.

Cal

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"12:10 race starts in the UK.

Hamilton for the win everytime

Kimi for his interview techniques "

Ya gotta love Monotone Kimi

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

I agree with you, top class driver and clearly very talented....... unfortunately with a self righteous chip on his shoulder who thinks he Mr IT! Who the hell else wears a Diamond stud under their helmet ..... "

Thing is, he has now shown he's one of the best F1 drivers in history- some fantastic driving skills and consistantly the best in recent years. Yes, he's been a prize pillock at times over those years, but since taking over managing his own career he's matured immensely- the same can't be said of Vettel, who constantly seems to act like a spoilt 12yo and he's lost his touch recently- partly due to not seemingly being able to control his frustations.

Verstappen reminds me very much of Hamilton in his first F1 seasons- a little spoilt and with the arrogance of youth, but he's also made several monumental fuck ups over the last two years and its starting to sink in and you can see how he's starting to change and think before acting at times- I think he'll take his first title in 2020 or 2021.

Poor Bottas though- thats gotta hurt!

pretty sure they'll flip the situation in the remaining races if they get the chance, although it still probably won't feel like a victory earned.

By *owdyboy 890Man  over a year ago

Country West

Your rarely going to see that in sport could you imagine the people who put money on bottas to win today..in the end it ended it up like a sprint finish in a cycle race where it was set up for the main sprinter to win the race x

By *heik yourwillyMan  over a year ago

shire

Hamilton didnt win it was mercedes that won

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Hamilton didnt win it was mercedes that won"

Did Ferrari have the pace, are they ever gonna be able to keep up with the technology that Mercedes have at the moment?

Look what happened to Williams & McLaren after they had both won World Championships with drivers who were at the top of their game.

Hamilton is a better driver than Vettel in my opinion, as much as I like the guy

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

another dull race though..

Plymouth

Meanwhile Leclerc finishes 7th in a Dauber but McLaren languishes in 14th, slower than the Toro Rosso Hondas they lost so much money to get rid of for Alonso's sake, who is now leaving anyway

"Hamilton didnt win it was mercedes that won

Did Ferrari have the pace, are they ever gonna be able to keep up with the technology that Mercedes have at the moment?

Look what happened to Williams & McLaren after they had both won World Championships with drivers who were at the top of their game.

Hamilton is a better driver than Vettel in my opinion, as much as I like the guy "

Hamilton is just outclassing Vettel at every turn.

A 50 point lead in the championship over Vettel who is arguably in a faster car, just shows he is the better driver

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Ceased to be a ‘sport ‘ decades ago.

Hamilton missed a big opportunity to become a real hero, he should have blanked Putin.

"Ceased to be a ‘sport ‘ decades ago.

Hamilton missed a big opportunity to become a real hero, he should have blanked Putin."

With the way Putins been throwing nerve agents around, I probably wouldn't have blanked him either

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

"Hamilton didnt win it was mercedes that won

Hamilton is a better driver than Vettel in my opinion, as much as I like the guy

Hamilton is just outclassing Vettel at every turn.

A 50 point lead in the championship over Vettel who is arguably in a faster car, just shows he is the better driver"

Hamilton's at the top of his game right now (has been for the past year or two at least). Ferrari has had the (marginally) better car for most of this season but Hamilton has applied the pressure and turned the screw at every given opportunity, using every ounce of skill and experience he has to keep himself in the hunt. You only have to look at Bottas to get an idea of where the car is without Hamilton's touch. Look at Hamilton's race in Germany. His qualifying lap in the rain in Hungary. Muscling his way past both Ferraris in their own backyard at Monza. THAT pole lap in Singapore. Just look in comparison at how Ferrari performed in those races (often with the better car). The past 7 races, at the most crucial part of the season, when the pressure gets ramped up a notch, he's had 5 wins and two second places. Regardless of whether he goes on to win the championship or not, this is special stuff.

» Add a new message to this topic