FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Two fingers to alcohol.....

Two fingers to alcohol.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

As is depicted in all movies (films for us Brits) when they sit down to dinner, either at home or a restaurant why do they only pour two fingers depth of wine? Fuck that! Pour me a decent glass, in fact pour it to the fucking top! My glass has a certain volume for a reason, so fill it!

Do you think the same as me or are you happy with the two finger depth

I'll let you decide (but I will keep my preferences)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Are those fingers horizontal like a plimsol line or are they vertical like a dipstick?

By *ackey102Man  over a year ago

South Norfolk

"As is depicted in all movies (films for us Brits) when they sit down to dinner, either at home or a restaurant why do they only pour two fingers depth of wine? Fuck that! Pour me a decent glass, in fact pour it to the fucking top! My glass has a certain volume for a reason, so fill it!

"

I have a major soft spot for Jim Bean, in a pint glass with a shade of so i say full bore, balls to the wall top mine up to the brim. Bugger that 2 fingers stuff in my book's

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As is depicted in all movies (films for us Brits) when they sit down to dinner, either at home or a restaurant why do they only pour two fingers depth of wine? Fuck that! Pour me a decent glass, in fact pour it to the fucking top! My glass has a certain volume for a reason, so fill it!

"

I like your style

South Norfolk

[Removed by poster at 28/09/18 22:07:29]

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

You need the extra space in the wine glass to trap the aroma of the wine, as the smell is important to the taste

Scotland - Aberdeen

I have a major soft spot for Jim Bean, in a pint glass with a shade of so i say full bore, balls to the wall top mine up to the brim. Bugger that 2 fingers stuff in my book's"

Glad to hear it!

By *ommyxyzMan  over a year ago

harlow

"

Brilliant I drink wine from a half pint Stela glass occasional drinkers err no.

Good thread.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"

Do they?

More fingers the better

Top me up.

I neeeeed it

Scotland - Aberdeen

I like your style "

It's the only way to be in my eyes

"

With you on this. Who wants a half full glass when you can have a full one

South Norfolk

I have a major soft spot for Jim Bean, in a pint glass with a shade of so i say full bore, balls to the wall top mine up to the brim. Bugger that 2 fingers stuff in my book's

Glad to hear it! "

Thank you.

harlow

"Are those fingers horizontal like a plimsol line or are they vertical like a dipstick?"

Very few people will know what you mean by plimsole line. Writing this I don’t even know what sex you are but like that you know “stuff”. X

Scotland - Aberdeen

Good thread."

Sorry but for me it does have to be a decent wine glass otherwise it doesn't taste the same (to me)

I'm a heathen and rarely touch the grape (Pint bloke), but aromas, hint of damascus sunset, lavender with undertones of Ghandi's flip flops? I'm drinking to get pissed.

Fill the fucker!

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I'm a heathen and rarely touch the grape (Pint bloke), but aromas, hint of damascus sunset, lavender with undertones of Ghandi's flip flops? I'm drinking to get pissed.

Fill the fucker!"

Whatever floats your boat and good for you, not sure which

"You need the extra space in the wine glass to trap the aroma of the wine, as the smell is important to the taste"

So very true....

Peterborough

Do they?

More fingers the better "

What about the glass?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"You need the extra space in the wine glass to trap the aroma of the wine, as the smell is important to the taste"

You must be ever so posh.

I ask for a large red wine and the bar person will trot off this brand, that brand, the next one.

"First that comes to hand," I say. "After one glass,it all tastes the same."

Fill 'er up as far as you can.

I use my hand to measure it.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"You need the extra space in the wine glass to trap the aroma of the wine, as the smell is important to the taste

So very true...."

Bollocks

Good thread.

Sorry but for me it does have to be a decent wine glass otherwise it doesn't taste the same (to me) "

I fully agree. I prefer and appreciate a true wine glass. I like a full glass too, but I believe the partial fill along with the wine glass shape is designed to reveal the fragrance of the wine by having it trapped in upper half of bulbous glass. So when I just want wine plain and simple, I fill the glass.

Scotland - Aberdeen

Good thread.

Sorry but for me it does have to be a decent wine glass otherwise it doesn't taste the same (to me)

I fully agree. I prefer and appreciate a true wine glass. I like a full glass too, but I believe the partial fill along with the wine glass shape is designed to reveal the fragrance of the wine by having it trapped in upper half of bulbous glass. So when I just want wine plain and simple, I fill the glass. "

Especially when you know it is one you like

Peterborough

"You need the extra space in the wine glass to trap the aroma of the wine, as the smell is important to the taste

So very true....

Bollocks "

Just buy one of those 75cl wine glasses and sniff the empty (hic) bottle!

"

It annoys me too, didn't even know there was a term for it.

Peterborough

It annoys me too, didn't even know there was a term for it. "

meagre

harlow

You must be ever so posh.

I ask for a large red wine and the bar person will trot off this brand, that brand, the next one.

"First that comes to hand," I say. "After one glass,it all tastes the same."

Fill 'er up as far as you can.

I use my hand to measure it.

"

I Knew I loved you!

Xx

If we’re talking wine I like two fingers. I drink white and I like it chilled.

Fingers for other purposes? That’s different.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"

I'm only going to be upset about the two finger measurement if they put the bottle back in the cupboard.....

» Add a new message to this topic