FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Skin condition

Skin condition

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Devils Daughter! OP   Woman  over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

Ok I’ve posted this before n sorry if it annoys u all but I need to know everyone’s honest opinion on this... so I suffer from psoriasis n it makes me anxious n embarrassed about new meets , I really want to meet people but my anxiety Cos of my skin puts me off meeting anyone new , so would it put u off?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Wouldn't put me off, and if it puts anyone else off you're well rid of them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ok I’ve posted this before n sorry if it annoys u all but I need to know everyone’s honest opinion on this... so I suffer from psoriasis n it makes me anxious n embarrassed about new meets , I really want to meet people but my anxiety Cos of my skin puts me off meeting anyone new , so would it put u off? "

Certainly not xx

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

I know how you feel. I get eczema on my legs and feet which I always end up scratching and making look worse.

I’ve learned to just embrace it. If anyone didn’t want to meet me because of it then it’s their issue not mine. Plenty more who wouldn’t be bothered

Mrs

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

It would not put me off and I think that any that are bothered by it are people you don’t need in your life.

By *ot-AshMan  over a year ago

London

I used to suffer with Psoriasis very

badly in my 20's and 30's and it really

made me embarrassed and destroyed my

confidence but then a miracle happened

and a new treatment i started has almost

cleared up my skin condition completely

so now trying to make up for lost time!

No it wouldn't put me off from meeting

someone if i liked their personality.

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Not at all. Ex of mine had it bad on her elbows and knees, she was more concious of the condition than I was.

It would not put me off at all as I have rosacea right in the centre of my face. I wear BB cream every day to hide the redness, so I would have to be really comfortable with someone before revealing my natural skin.

You'll often find that the sufferer is far more aware of their condition than those who get to see it

I used to be like that with my vitiligo - telling people upfront about it. No one was really all that arsed.

In fact if anything, most liked it cos it was 'different'

In the end, I stopped mentioning it

With the exception of one person, it has NEVER been a problem

By *ySweetLadyWoman  over a year ago

London

Another one on the same boat.

One think that will not help is stressing about it as we all know it makes it worse. So, like many have said, anyone who is not ready to accept you the way you are, you clearly do not need in your life. Besides, I am sure there are plenty of lovely people in this Fab world eager to meet you.

I'll be honest, yes it would put me off but we wouldn't meet so I wouldn't make you feel bad OP.

I remember you asking before, don't apologise for asking again. Questions get asked more than once.

Have you met people since you last asked?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Honest answer from me to.....it would depend the severity of it.

Ok folks.... it seems that if a woman has a skin condition, most of the blokes would want to meet (maybe just to get their dick wet)

So how about the ball being on the other foot... of a guy has a skin condition, and they were self conscious about it... would you still want to meet them? A question mainly for the females there

No. Anyone thats put off by it isnt worth the time of day

By *rsSBWoman  over a year ago

toy town

"Ok I’ve posted this before n sorry if it annoys u all but I need to know everyone’s honest opinion on this... so I suffer from psoriasis n it makes me anxious n embarrassed about new meets , I really want to meet people but my anxiety Cos of my skin puts me off meeting anyone new , so would it put u off? "

It would not bother me at all.

You know the more anxious you get the worse your skin will get. Just be you and have fun

Big hugs

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Ok folks.... it seems that if a woman has a skin condition, most of the blokes would want to meet (maybe just to get their dick wet)

So how about the ball being on the other foot... of a guy has a skin condition, and they were self conscious about it... would you still want to meet them? A question mainly for the females there "

My answer is the same.

"Ok folks.... it seems that if a woman has a skin condition, most of the blokes would want to meet (maybe just to get their dick wet)

So how about the ball being on the other foot... of a guy has a skin condition, and they were self conscious about it... would you still want to meet them? A question mainly for the females there "

Again, no I wouldn't.

The issue is mine, not the person I'm meeting. I certainly wouldn't let them know the reason why because it's my fault not theirs.

I know what you mean though. I get it on my knees a bit sometimes and I’m soooo conscious of it

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

A good friend of mine has very severe eczema, it didn't put me off.

If I like a person, we get on, have chemistry then physical 'imperfections' are irrelevant

Nope... I get eczema on my eyelid, which makes it look a bit weird sometimes and I have scaring and skin discolouration, on my pubic area, from it too, aswell as the odd outbreaks when I don't keep on top of it. I used to get paranoid n feel I needed to apologise and explain, but to be honest, I don't think anyone noticed until I brought it up.

I don't think many would be put off by your condition, I know I wouldn't be

I have a big patch of eczema back of my neck and I also get it over my hands a lot I do get embarrassed if meeting anyone new as when I'm nervous o tend to stretch more .

Try not to worry most people won't mind if you explain . Good luck op x

I used to have a skin condition, was told it was eczema then told psoriasis was told by a skin consultant they don't know how I live like it. my entire back was red raw tops my arms, top of chest and up my neck. She recommended the only option was to sleep in some kind of suit in the night that was filled with skin cream. I decided against that. nothing seemed to cure it 99% of creams just made it worse.

So I started swopping little things I was doing within my life, things I had eaten or drank, what I washed with and even what I was sleeping in.

Since all that which I had for around 6years my skin is completely clear.

After seeing many professionals I ended fixing it myself, and most of it seems to be down to something triggering it or setting it off and once that happens it takes time to get things back on track

If anyone ever wants to pm to go through some of the things I did your more than welcome as I say some doctors said they had never seen anything like it.

I might not be a professional but I do have 1st hand experience.

I understand where your coming from op iv got the same problem iv been suffering from psoriasis for many years and am very anxious about it. all I can say is if the people your meeting don't like it then there not the kind off people you want too meet anyway chin up sexy

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

Not contagious so why would people worry about it... if they have a problem with you it's their problem really not yours... (if that makes sense ...I know what I mean anyway lol)

if somebody has a problem with a person having a skin condition then they're not worth your time m'dear! We all have our issues etc. That shouldn't be a reason for people to pass judgement or for anyone to feel uncomfortable x

When my condition flares up, I keep my shirt on.... what people can’t see, they can’t comment on

It wouldn't bother me, unless it was extreme and they were obviously uncomfortable.

I would think sex would be the last thing on their mind if it was though.

Wouldn't put me off at all, as an eczema sufferer I know the feeling of being uncomfortable about how your skin feels and wondering if people are looking at you because of it. I've grown up with it and adopted a "fuck it" mentality from a young age. Just try your best to make yourself feel comfortable with it and also try to carry whatever creams or medication work for you. if the other person gets put off by it, that's there narrow mindedness.

With that said I wouldnt meet during a bad flare up, more due to my levels of comfort than anything else though.

An ex of mine had it and I didn't find it off putting, plus we still went to clubs, she used to wear a crotchless body stocking, made her feel a lot better about it.

» Add a new message to this topic