FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A mixed bag of nuts :-)

A mixed bag of nuts :-)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emima_puddlefuck OP   Couple  over a year ago

hexham

Rather than hijack another thread...

i read what tempting devil said about friends,and how some mix and others don't nodding with agreement.

i have a wide range of friends,from my pastor to the first couple to tie me up and flog me, its the bond i have with them that matters.

However just because all my friends are valued and loved doesnt mean all my friends would happily get on,they are too different.

i feel i benifit from this,having people of different backgrounds,experiences,values and beliefs in my life.However,i am aware that many seem to follow the "birds of a feather flock together" model of friendship. i am wondering if this is an age thing...as people imo opinion grow more tolerant of difference as they mature...

So, over to you really, am i alone here, do others prefer the ease of being around people like them?

Or do you have a clue what i am on about.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

All my close friends are completely different to me. I think that is why we get on so well

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/12/11 10:47:22]

I would say its got nothing to do with maturity, I would say it just who you have the luck of meeting/getting to know. It all depends imo on if you meet "different" people through whatever you do in life, if you just work in an office with a bunch of people who are pretty much the same and drink in the same bars you probably wont meet a large amount of different people, but if you are involved in stuff that gives you a chance to meet a lot of different people such as swinging(a good mainstream example of this would be charity work where ive met some right nutters from all ages and backgrounds), and just general open-minded tolerance. Ive got friends in all shapes, sizes and backgrounds, evangelical Christian guy who sells bibles, a rasta with dreads to his feet, and a 60yrold raver who still likes his acid trance on the weekends, all great people. I hate the way some people look at people they see as different and dismiss them when that person could be one of the most interesting people they ever meet, and one of the most loyal friends.

hexham

"I would say its got nothing to do with maturity, I would say it just who you have the luck of meeting/getting to know. It all depends imo on if you meet "different" people through whatever you do in life, if you just work in an office with a bunch of people who are pretty much the same and drink in the same bars you probably wont meet a large amount of different people, but if you are involved in stuff that gives you a chance to meet a lot of different people such as swinging(a good mainstream example of this would be charity work where ive met some right nutters from all ages and backgrounds), and just general open-minded tolerance. Ive got friends in all shapes, sizes and backgrounds, evangelical Christian guy who sells bibles, a rasta with dreads to his feet, and a 60yrold raver who still likes his acid trance on the weekends, all great people. I hate the way some people look at people they see as different and dismiss them when that person could be one of the most interesting people they ever meet, and one of the most loyal friends."

Thats what i was getting at...i see what you mean about it being experience,not maturity. i suppose its often the case though that at college and at the start of our adult lives we tend to have a smaller circle of acquaintances.

hexham

"All my close friends are completely different to me. I think that is why we get on so well"

Opposites do attract...

"All my close friends are completely different to me. I think that is why we get on so well

Opposites do attract... "

Aye tell me bout it lol xx

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Its funny when i go out on a girlie night out, as all of my gfs are soooo very different, most know i swing and may not like the idea of it but accept thats part of my lifestyle choice

hexham

"Its funny when i go out on a girlie night out, as all of my gfs are soooo very different, most know i swing and may not like the idea of it but accept thats part of my lifestyle choice "

Maybe thats the best definition of a friend...someone who accepts our choices

» Add a new message to this topic