FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > christmas alone and the homeless

christmas alone and the homeless

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

just seen an ad on tele about how the salvation army care for people living alone and people who are homeless.

now i know that all the homeless are not drink & drug fuelled maniacs, so this got me thinking.

what don't the sally army (who know who the lonely and the nice homeless people are) match them up for christmas day?

as in, a lonely person living on their own with no relatives to visit them etc. gives a meal and warmth for a few hours on christmas day for the company, while at the same time helping some poor homeless person with food and warmth.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For the simple reason that one can choose one's friends and who to spend one's time with. I'm not saying that all lonely people are miserable old sods and that that's why they are lonely but I suspect a fair % of them are, and who'd want to spend Xmas Day with someone as miserable as oneself?

Hmmm...too many variables. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, but I understand the sentiment behind it.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

some are lonely as we don't always value the family unit and respect out elderly relatives... we could learn a lot from some of our foreign counterparts.

sadly for some, having an elderly relative stay for the Christmas period is too much to bear, a total inconvenience and a burden to their social climbing.

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

i live alone and dont get lonely..

ill be in the town helping feed and a good old chin wag with these nice people..

"i live alone and dont get lonely..

ill be in the town helping feed and a good old chin wag with these nice people.."

we need a "like" button

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

ill be in the town helping feed and a good old chin wag with these nice people.."

a virtual handshake...

Forum Mod

Fabulous stuff

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

ill be in the town helping feed and a good old chin wag with these nice people..

Fabulous stuff "

thanks... done it for a few years now..

good for me too and i still have late dinner with my mum and dad before hittin the madhouse pub and getting rat arsed lol...

Been on the phones this afternoon, trying to convince Ugg to release some or all of the 45,000 confiscated fake boots siezed today in Southampton to the SA, for distribution to the needy this Christmas.

See www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16074729

At least some good should come of this.

Good for you glassman and anchor. I can highly recommend helping out on christmas day at a day centre of any kind and Iinclude animal shelters in that. Ms

"Been on the phones this afternoon, trying to convince Ugg to release some or all of the 45,000 confiscated fake boots siezed today in Southampton to the SA, for distribution to the needy this Christmas.

See www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16074729

At least some good should come of this. "

wish you every success.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Fabulous stuff

good for me too and i still have late dinner with my mum and dad before hittin the madhouse pub and getting rat arsed lol..."

respect m8

Fabulous stuff

good for me too and i still have late dinner with my mum and dad before hittin the madhouse pub and getting rat arsed lol..."

sounds like a good way to spend christmas.

I prefer to be alone at Christmas by choice.

after watching a programe on empty houses in the uk,there should be no excuse for homeless ,i walk along our highstreet and most of the property above shops some old victorian buildings 3-4 story high are empty ,ok it would take a shugar amount of cash to sort it out but the knock on effect would be good ,one example is i never new or thougt how hard it would be to get let alone keep down a job ,if you are of no fix abode,

» Add a new message to this topic