FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Missing People...

Missing People...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iew OP   Man  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Watching programmes about people who are missing and the pain it leaves behind for the families, gets me in tears every time....

Lives in Limbo on ITV 1 now and it has just started.

Hope they get some news before Christmas xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nice post View, we sometimes forget the others.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

When someone leaves home, runs away from home for whatever reason. The longer they are away the more difficult it is for them to return. They probley think noone cares or is bothered about them and it just becomes harder and harder to return. They are probley not in a very good state of mind also.

The pain it does leave behind for families is unbareable, its the not knowing or being able to put closure. If the missing people could just get the strength to ring home, put their families mind at rest then take it from there

In the local tescos had a poster about a young girl missing over a year now and under 20 .. if it was my girl i could not rest untill i new where she was would drive me mad .

Every tale is different, I fell out big style with my mother at 16, mainly because she was always in my face, left and I didn't meet again for about 4 years at my grandads funeral they obviously knew where I was and understood.

I was feeling a bit guilty, but it was as if I'd never been away, same subject, same nagging.

I did move back for about 3 months after my marriage split up, 4 I would have been on a murder charge. I can cope with her for about 2 hours no more.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

I cant watch those type of programs. Although I don't know the people involved it breaks my heart. Like you _iew I end up blubbling.

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

"Every tale is different, I fell out big style with my mother at 16, mainly because she was always in my face, left and I didn't meet again for about 4 years at my grandads funeral they obviously knew where I was and understood.

I was feeling a bit guilty, but it was as if I'd never been away, same subject, same nagging.

I did move back for about 3 months after my marriage split up, 4 I would have been on a murder charge. I can cope with her for about 2 hours no more.

"

At least you talk to your mother, i fell out with mine at age 25 (now 44) she died 3 years ago we had never spoke to each other again, i deeply regret that, and my sister tells me my mum did aswell.

if only i could have done things differently

I always cry at those things, utterly heartwrenching.

It must be terrible on all sides, for those left behind who have no idea where their relatives are, and for those who feel they can't turn to the ones who (in an ideal world) should be the ones caring and nurturing them. Sadly life is cruel for many.

Of course some are unable to come back. For me the murderers and serial killers who refuse to admit where they buried bodies are completely inhumane. To take a life is not enough, to not even let families lay their loved ones to rest is incomprehensible. But in those cases we are not dealing with a 'normal' mind.

I do sometimes wonder though at these reunion programmes, like Cilla's Surprise Surprise and Jeremy Kyle occasionally does this kind of thing. I think its wrong to deal with this kind of human emotion solely for the entertainment of others. I think if not managed delicately it can do more damage. Noone believes that these people meet their long lost children after 20 years, kiss and hug and then live happily ever after do they?

My heart breaks for those who do not know where missing people are and have no way of contacting them.

I'd die if any of my children were to run away and not let me know how and where they are.

I contribute to a charity specifically for young run-aways.

Just to help provide a meal and a bed is a small thing to me but may mean life or death to them, God forbid any of my children were ever in that situation.

The Salvation Army are also tireless in their attempts to seek and find people and reunite them with their loved ones.

May God bless all of those missing and those seeking them. xxx

» Add a new message to this topic