FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > save the children

save the children

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

keep seeing the advert for this and I am sorry i am going to ask another stupid question , why do they keep saying about how the water kills and Mothers have to give them dirty water wouldnt boiling the water first make any difference or am I just being daft

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

It has to be purified and not just boiled....

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

[Removed by poster at 06/12/11 17:21:31]

so boiling it wont make any difference at all then

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"so boiling it wont make any difference at all then "

How would they boil the water?

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Water isn't as tasty after it's been boiled.

"so boiling it wont make any difference at all then

How would they boil the water?"

maybe I am looking too much into it as I would have thought they would have fire of some sort , Im sorry if i seem thick just dont understand

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For water to be safe it needs to be boiled for more than 5 minutes, with poverty there is also a lack of fuel and what fuel there is is used for cooking. I lived in India and watching the women cooking on open fires using dried cow dung was heartbreaking, they would constantly cough on the smoke.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

How would they boil the water?

maybe I am looking too much into it as I would have thought they would have fire of some sort , Im sorry if i seem thick just dont understand "

You need to boil water for a very long time to kill all the yucky stuff in it, and sometimes even that doesn't work. Also, the very poor people (the sort charities are trying to help) don't have wood, pots, pans, or even water to boil.

How would they boil the water?"

cave men could make fire so im sure they have means

depends whats in the water tho, you have to remeber most of 3rd world countries are drinking water thats full of human and animal sewerage, may have dead rotting animals in it etc tho boiling helps it does not kill eerything

"For water to be safe it needs to be boiled for more than 5 minutes, with poverty there is also a lack of fuel and what fuel there is is used for cooking. I lived in India and watching the women cooking on open fires using dried cow dung was heartbreaking, they would constantly cough on the smoke. "

Thank you

I didn't really know either, but had thought boiling would be efficient, so I googled it...

" Boiling for fifteen minutes will kill most vegetative bacteria and inactivate viruses, but boiling is ineffective against prions and many bacterial and fungal spores; therefore boiling is unsuitable for sterilization."

Well for a start boiling would kill bacteria but not remove harmful solids.

Also fundamentally boiling needs fuel and that either non existent or very expensive.

"I didn't really know either, but had thought boiling would be efficient, so I googled it...

" Boiling for fifteen minutes will kill most vegetative bacteria and inactivate viruses, but boiling is ineffective against prions and many bacterial and fungal spores; therefore boiling is unsuitable for sterilization."

"

See how thick am I I didnt even think to google it , thank you .

boiling water purifies it of biological contaminents, however any chemical contaminents will remain. Its very dificult, though, to boil water when you have no fuel to light a fire, which is a big issue in sub saharan grasslands or refugee cams.

The easiest way to sort out these problems, though is to stop the warfare which is disrupting the comunities these people are fleeing from.

I don't donate to these funds because there is no point in building wells in war torn lands unless the war is over. This doesnt mean I am tight, but I donate to Amnesty International cos I find it more efective.....

"

I don't donate to these funds because there is no point in building wells in war torn lands unless the war is over. This doesnt mean I am tight, but I donate to Amnesty International cos I find it more efective....."

Though its tough, you're right.

A lot of Live Aid food ended up feeding the troops causing the trouble in the first place.

We shouldn't be too tough on Africa though, its not been 300 years since we were ripping each others hearts out. But the best medicine is give them nothing, take nothing and let them sort out their own mess.

"

I don't donate to these funds because there is no point in building wells in war torn lands unless the war is over. This doesnt mean I am tight, but I donate to Amnesty International cos I find it more efective.....

Though its tough, you're right.

A lot of Live Aid food ended up feeding the troops causing the trouble in the first place.

We shouldn't be too tough on Africa though, its not been 300 years since we were ripping each others hearts out. But the best medicine is give them nothing, take nothing and let them sort out their own mess.

"

It was more like 70 years and the cold war only ended 20 years ago.

Its not true about Live Aid, some did end up with the troops, but it was a tiny proportion......

We shouldnt be too hard because vast areas of the continent are really nice places and are well governed (Ghana, for example or Kenya). We should be trading with the continent but should be ethical and fair....

"

Its not true about Live Aid, some did end up with the troops, but it was a tiny proportion......

We shouldnt be too hard because vast areas of the continent are really nice places and are well governed (Ghana, for example or Kenya). We should be trading with the continent but should be ethical and fair...."

I was referring to civil wars which most of the African ones are.

A large proportion of Live Aid funds and food did assist the Mengistu, his troops and collectivisation policies. Plenty about it on the internet.

Kenya and Ghana good government? They're as bent as nine bob notes.

"

We shouldnt be too hard because vast areas of the continent are really nice places and are well governed (Ghana, for example or Kenya). We should be trading with the continent but should be ethical and fair....

I was referring to civil wars which most of the African ones are.

A large proportion of Live Aid funds and food did assist the Mengistu, his troops and collectivisation policies. Plenty about it on the internet.

Kenya and Ghana good government? They're as bent as nine bob notes."

Like ours are straight and narrow? both governments are reasonaby stable, despite having unstable neighbours, there are good private sector export markets, mostly free civil societies....

» Add a new message to this topic