FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Whats the scene?

Whats the scene?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was having a muse in the bath the other day (she didnt mind but the water was a little hot). In the 60's we had flower power, in the 70's disco, punk etc, in the 80's it was New Romantics and Indie kids (at the end), 90's we had the continuation of rave etc.

So my point, what is the scene now for the newly turned adults? Do they have a scene? I went through a few scenes, Indie, rave, and then well, I got old.

But when I was young, there would be great big "non violent" gangs of kids, all trying to look individual, whilst all looking the same.

It would be a shame to think there was now no scene. I ask, because I pondered, if you know what I mean. Bear in mind I live in Devon, we have bi-focal shop windows down here, so its highlu likely that there is a vibrant scene out there in the real world

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Dubstep and Lady Gaga!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Dubstep and Lady Gaga! "

Either I am getting old or you are talking in tongues, i have a feeling its the former.....sigh

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I dont think we have a "scene" at the moment its a mish mash of crap and old stuff....oh and that urban dubstep shite stuff....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was a brit pop kid....actualy, since I was a base guitarist in an all girl band I was a sleeper bloke.

Dont the kids still have gangsta rap or goth? (though they call it emo...)

"I dont think we have a "scene" at the moment its a mish mash of crap and old stuff....oh and that urban dubstep shite stuff.... "

I quite like urban dupstep (if the streets and goldie looking chain are urban dubstep).......

"I dont think we have a "scene" at the moment its a mish mash of crap and old stuff....oh and that urban dubstep shite stuff.... "

its a mish mash of crap and even worse crap but its been like that for the last 20 yrs since the days of stock aitken and waterman . it aint music its just a fecking awfull noise

everything is derivative!

actually thats a good name for a compilation album. 'now that's what i call derivative'

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Its only crap now coz we all getting old

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

[Removed by poster at 06/12/11 18:24:18]

"everything is derivative!

actually thats a good name for a compilation album. 'now that's what i call derivative'"

So what? The beatles copied Elvis, Elvis copied someone else. The only music that isn't derivative is that first person who picked up a stick and hit a log with it.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

actually thats a good name for a compilation album. 'now that's what i call derivative'

So what? The beatles copied Elvis, Elvis copied someone else. The only music that isn't derivative is that first person who picked up a stick and hit a log with it.

"

theres a difference between covering songs and copying styles isnt there?

"Its only crap now coz we all getting old "

no its crap becauce it sounds awfull age has nothing to do with it.

"

which was kinda the point i was making

the beatles didnt copy elvis where the hell did u get that from ????.the beatles main influence was buddy holly

"

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"I dont think we have a "scene" at the moment its a mish mash of crap and old stuff....oh and that urban dubstep shite stuff....

I quite like urban dupstep (if the streets and goldie looking chain are urban dubstep)......."

I think it's more Skrillex and Nero than GLC.

By *ayceeCouple  over a year ago

northampton

I just read that first line as I had a nurse in the bath the other day!!!

I hate most of today's modern music, because it sounds so dull or in the case of rap, my kids throwing a strop when they were being assholes.

It's the Retro Recycled ....everything we did in past decades is back but it just has a more expensive label

"I hate most of today's modern music, because it sounds so dull or in the case of rap, my kids throwing a strop when they were being assholes."

Nah, I ike some of the modern stuff and dislike other stuff, in the same way that I liked blur and hated boyzone......

» Add a new message to this topic